Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/7/2014 8:33:48 AM   
fruitgnome

I started a new game and I only didn't use this mod, because of the missing Lower Speed & Range mod. Could ad this mod in an extra version of your mod? The hugh research mod takes still some time, so this would be great.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 301
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/7/2014 9:56:59 AM   
Blackstork

I actually like the idea of this mod, but i waited for lurchi mod - as it have it included.
I will check the possibility of including speed & range mod into next .6 release, thanks for pointing this out.
Seems this will be no problem, and it could be included into .6 which is about to be up at start of next weekend (may be even earlier) with all patchontes stated above.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/7/2014 10:57:43 AM >

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 302
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/7/2014 9:57:39 PM   
Azuran

Do you recommend waiting for .6 to start a new game or is the mod currently stable and the gameplay balanced?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 303
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/8/2014 4:56:58 AM   
Blackstork

The game is stable and things more less balanced now, .6 version will provide more races with rebalance/character systems and more intended features, as well integration AI Mod ver 1.02 instead of AI Mod ver. 1.01 + bit more support for alliance thingy
.6 is due this weekend, so you can play another one before. Obcourse .6 will be closer to intended , final release design, but game is playable and enjoyable now.
If you play, play race with character system released , because thats one of features mean to be designed for each race at final release. List of those races can be found at end of OP post.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/8/2014 5:57:33 AM >

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 304
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/8/2014 11:33:46 AM   
Blackstork

11 Races Alien Immersion packages from ALien Immersion project been updated to 1.02 - easy replaceable, compatible with Alliance system soundtrack and UI packages:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3651979
Now all Beyond races with character system have them covered by full immersion set : UI, Soundtracks, Alliance soundtracks, Alliance UI (A.6)

Next advancement, after release of A.6, will be version 1.03 of Alien Immersion project, which will provide ALL RACES soundtrack packages and alliance packages in one huge (320 music tracks) download, so replacing and installing race's musci will be clear and easy to manage thing.
This will be main step towards merging two projects, where UI part will become integral part of Beyond release, and Soundtrack pack will be final separate huge music asset download . Alien Immersion thread will keep its life till all the project is released/integrated.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/8/2014 12:34:57 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 305
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/9/2014 5:16:43 AM   
Blackstork

Small preview of incoming new style on Champions of Todash, tribal Naxillians, with with proper body complexion and proper intence red eyes:

Work on last character system ( from indended character systems for A.6 release) started (Naxillians), all patchlist is almost done, all what will remain after that is more testing and integration of Icemania's Ver. 1.02 and integration of speed&range mod and 2 UIs : Ketarov and Naxillian.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/9/2014 7:30:33 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 306
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/9/2014 9:16:43 AM   
Blackstork

The mod need some help in form of extensive Lore writing.
IF anyone have desire to write and be part of it, native English speaker, and can be somewhat dedicated and consistent at their help i will gladly accept him into the team. Quantity of things needed to be written are quite big, and it will be good if we will have some small lore-writers group (yes, group, as it could be more than 2 people including me) going.
What is the target? Each race have own character system group set. Its 2-6 groups per race, 48 Races, and their existence affect gameplay, race balance, race flavor, gameplay and specialization. Leadership graphs are not enough to explain all their meaning. Also lore description will improve players experience, understanding and immersion playing race/using certain group in the game. Each race, at its best (yea, that would be immersive and awesome, but as main dev of main features i cant get to that alone, and i am not Native English speaker, and i just build them in character systems as game / character mechanics features) should have all their groups described with few sentences small lore article, attached to their logo (all of them have unique logo done by me during character system implementation process)
If you want to participate in such project please pm me. :)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/9/2014 10:22:52 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 307
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/9/2014 10:26:54 AM   
Hawkeye_BF

I would do it but i'am a german und not really a native english speaker :(

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 308
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/9/2014 10:40:40 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hawkeye_BF

I would do it but i'am a german und not really a native english speaker :(

Then it depends on how good your English is (its you who can judge/say about it).
Anyways i will mind you once i create group, and pm my email to you so we can be in touch on gmail/google drive (main work will be done through google drive)
Please send me your email so i can add you. :)
Result must match mechanics/character system design/intention and contain well-spoken literature english. (which i lack and my grammar sucks)

Lets take simple example: Beyond Quameno design. Technocratic society which nitpick certain, classified according to their primary talents, individuals and promote them in order to advance nation and assign them on different high responsibility and influence roles.
Quenun and Quotan, need their lore descriptions (about their "talent" clasification - i.e. "social" and "logical/mathematic" talents), and their specialization and role in Quameno society, according to what been already implemented and presented in this graph: http://i.imgur.com/Z6GdI6L.png
Etc etc etc for each race.
Also it may be good experience to play the game for Quameno to see practical influence of those 2 groups and their powers in actual gameplay. That could be also reflected in said small lore article.
There will be already 20 races with character systems implemented in v. A.6, so its also quite ambitious, same as all the mod as whole. :)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/9/2014 11:59:52 AM >

(in reply to Hawkeye_BF)
Post #: 309
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/9/2014 12:04:27 PM   
Icemania

Blackstork, I've already applied changes to hyperdrive speeds in the AI Improvement Mod. However, there is a big difference late game, refer below:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Icemania

lurchi, Tanaka is slightly keen for me to apply this to the AI Improvement Mod, so I'm having a closer look!

I really like the changes to early game drives as the jump from speed 2,000 to 12,500 is far too extreme. Cool.

What I'd suggest reconsidering is the late game, where I consider default speeds to be far too slow. It's often a mop-up operation, faster speeds would help speed-up the late game. So I would prefer more than default speed, not less ... at least once you get to Tech Level 5 and above.

Also, once Gerax is available, I'm finding in the AI Improvement Mod that there is little incentive to focus early on Hyperdrive research, as other areas provide more significant benefits. This may change if there was more of a range in Hyperdrive speeds. It always struck me how limited the change was from Tier 1 to Tier 7 ...

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 310
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/9/2014 1:04:38 PM   
Blackstork

Oh, nice, that means that speed mod is incorporated partially or something similar done (to what fruitgnome asking for)?

Also, i have some feedback and tip : There is tip that can be given to AI mod/Beyond players to increase difficulty further (if they desire to)
Is to manually select races and select more enemy alliance races/less friendly races.
Beyond have alliance chart, while AI mod does not, if you will make it (some alliance documentation). (I have my CDR file for alliance chart you can have it and reswap races in some vector program if you like - or just some text post with bold letters in the OP mod post) this will allow players to increase complexity further by controlling which races will play the game, and remove "ally" type of races - this increase complexity alot.
I going to give such mention/tip in A.6 notes together with all Alliance thingy.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/9/2014 2:07:29 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 311
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/9/2014 1:24:24 PM   
Icemania

Blackstork, yes, slower speeds early game, but faster late game. Check the speeds in the AI Improvement Mod Tech Tree and Components.txt and Research.txt as I'm not sure if you've included them in Beyond.

To increase difficulty further than Extreme add house rules such as the below, start other empires with more advanced empires/technologies, and apply a harsher homeworld for your Empire than the AI.

• No Homeworld Invasions are permitted until the 30 year mark and no use of sneaky fast troop transports
• Diplomacy may not be used to farm cash in any way (i.e. technology trading, selling stations/bases or sanctions/war)
• Intelligence Agents must remain on Counter Intelligence duties
• Recovered ships must be retired
• Debris field ships may not be recovered until they are within my territorial influence
• Ship and Base Design is on Automatic almost always
• Exploration ships must be on Automatic, no micro
• Research is on Automatic (although there is a trick if anyone can pick it)
• Cannot attack the Eruktah Refugees until they reveal themselves as the Shakturi

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 312
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/9/2014 3:06:34 PM   
Blackstork

I know about this list of yours ,mate, and its good. I wanted to mention that there is one very important, and really strong thing that impact this game difficulty. If you deny yourself from playing from cover of friendly races (according to new alliance biases) this could change difficulty by very large margin, because you will be surrounded by enemies and no allies.
My post was mention that this point is lacking in this list of yours, and its quite major thing that player can pre-setup, and it influence difficulty alot (making it, if player desire so, game of 1 vs everyone from the start)

PS: i applied it for sure, and its part of Beyond, simply now i remember it (i forgot how it been in vanilla when i answered to fruitgnome and though about endgame speeds). And yes late game speeds are much faster. If we set late game lower than it is now in AI mod, some races will need to use Resuply Ships ( and that will demand huge readjustment of policies and race files i afraid).
On other side Beyond mod have races which have more HS speed / less HS speed from their Character systems (more race differentiation thingy), so yes, for now i think, i will keep it as it is.

@fruitgnome - start game is ok, and end game speeds are better to be as they are in (AI mod) Beyond. Changing it wont neccesarily bring improvement, and may make AI somewhat weaker and will need extenscive modding. So i intend to keep it as it is now - its different from Vanilla, this part of game follows AI mod design.

P.P.S. I will adapt you list, Icemania, into Beyond version once A.6 release it up. You could take the comment about custom race selection and add to your AI mod if you desire - its is very actual for it as well, so if player plays alliance 1 and set-up no alliance 1 to cover or help him and alot of alliance 2 the game will be much much harder and challenging. Random roll can roll more your own alliance, then with bias tables we use game could become easier.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/9/2014 5:35:29 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 313
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 8:09:50 AM   
hezamajeza

Attempted my first game on Beyond. Looks incredible. Quick query. When I begin a galaxy with Races with new CS, I am given an large number of characters at the start of the game (around 60) as opposed to the 3-5 characters that other screenshots seem to suggest.

Is this an error or do I need to begin the character dismissal process at start of game? I can attach screenshot if required.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 314
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 8:28:43 AM   
Blackstork

This is bug. I will appreciate if you give me all details so i can fix it. Oddly enough i didnt found nothing like that during my test runs.
Its tied to original game/modding mechanics bug of randomization process (which does not work as it described in modding guide/bugged) and my attempt to combat it (tricks&stuff i do to to overcome it - so far it worked). Seems there is some leak/problem and this is somehting new both i and game devs need to look upon.
I will attempt to fix it now, if not then in A.6 release (friday)
Also i will need to do proper report to devs (its completely related to the buggy character mechanics from the game)
Please tell what race you trying to play. I'll investigate this.
Please start game as other race with character system and tell if the problem persists.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/10/2014 9:32:14 AM >

(in reply to hezamajeza)
Post #: 315
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 8:35:55 AM   
hezamajeza

After investigating a little, I believe it is due to a large number of Characters in the downloaded .txt files of a.53 being set to "1," rather than "?," that sets their random appearance. Could that be the issue?

I began playing as Ergreagd as I really like the idea of their CS but after bug, I looked into all the CS races and found the same issue.

Looking forward to A.6 already

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 316
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 8:41:11 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: hezamajeza

After investigating a little, I believe it is due to a large number of Characters in the downloaded .txt files of a.53 being set to "1," rather than "?," that sets their random appearance. Could that be the issue?

I began playing as Ergreagd as I really like the idea of their CS but after bug, I looked into all the CS races and found the same issue.

Looking forward to A.6 already

This is game bug.
1s should not appear in start. Only 0s.
Also ? are not working properly. ITs bugged currently. So game messes it all up.
1s and ? mix is way i combat randomization process bug and it worked properly at my side (had 0 problems with it, 2-3 starting characters per race)
I will run game at home. Btw i tested it after release and i had not problem. Merhaps there is some memory problem so the game going crazy? What game settings you use?
Its not Beyond bug, its DW:U 1.9.5.6 + bug, sadly enough....

Other players seems also had not problems since release of .53 (as your report is the first one).
IF anyone have same problems?
Any help/information appreciated

Anyways i made another post in my petition thread in bugs forum and sent PM to Erik about this issue. I hope those bugs will be adressed by game devs.
I will do maximum effort to see it will be fixed in A.6, if not we will wait till Erik/Elliot respond on the issue/patches it.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/10/2014 9:55:15 AM >

(in reply to hezamajeza)
Post #: 317
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 9:03:44 AM   
Blackstork

I investigated on this : ? list is bugged. Its defenitely DW:U bug which needs urgent attention from game devs. (its ? list that appears, not the 1s)

Also i had not such problems and as i know some other players did not because they rported smooth game.

I posted results in bug forum.
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3684421&mpage=1&key=�

I will try to see what i can do in A.6 prior dev fix (moving back to 1s less randomized system till it buggy ? order will be fixed), and will also re-check it at home.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/10/2014 10:13:35 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 318
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 9:27:24 AM   
Blackstork

@hezamajeza
Please check this one hotfix for your problem :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/sasyep404ynici2/a.54.rar
Its temporary fix, please tell if its working for you.

For ones who dont have such problem (with all ? characters (up to 60!) appearing in the start of the game) there is no need/better not to apply the file. I can swear i didnt not saw such problem huge ton of testing runs i made before / after release of .53
Please report any problems, its appreciated

Other players - please tell if such problem exist on your side with .53 release.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/10/2014 11:22:42 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 319
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 9:38:10 AM   
hezamajeza

Works. :D

Thanks for the quick resolution.

Gonna get stuck in now :)

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 320
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 9:43:04 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: hezamajeza

Works. :D

Thanks for the quick resolution.

Gonna get stuck in now :)

I hightly reccomend on installing Dark alliance and Ergreagd soundtracks (its mentioned in The OP) for further immersion.
Enjoy! :)

and i really hope our awesome devs will look into buggy ? character order appearance / un-described memory limitations very soon

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/10/2014 10:43:45 AM >

(in reply to hezamajeza)
Post #: 321
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 11:26:39 AM   
Icemania

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork
I know about this list of yours ,mate, and its good. I wanted to mention that there is one very important, and really strong thing that impact this game difficulty. If you deny yourself from playing from cover of friendly races (according to new alliance biases) this could change difficulty by very large margin, because you will be surrounded by enemies and no allies.

I agree Blackstork, this is one of the ways I played once Extreme lost its challenge. I'm not sure I would call it fun though, I've always enjoyed an alliance type game.

< Message edited by Icemania -- 9/10/2014 12:27:20 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 322
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 11:30:49 AM   
Blackstork

I agree, Alliances is very cool thing and feature, btu if you remove own alliance so you will have challenge to forge new ties with other 2 neutral alliances. Its just good challenge for people who , for example dont want to pass on espionage (it is also cool feature i cant imagine game without, esp in Beyond, where all races have different spies), so might just lower balance of own alliance in order to have more enemies/less cover. Anyways, its a case for ones who win games on Extreme with balanced powers without any exploits usage (there not much people like that)
I will issue modified list of yours for Beyond - and will replace spy option with this one :) This (forging new stuff (diplomatic races) and being able to spy (spy diversion between races and common counter-espionage bonuses) are two things that much more actual in Beyond , than they are in AI mod alone.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/10/2014 12:39:14 PM >

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 323
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/10/2014 1:28:40 PM   
Blackstork

2 players reported that they had no issues with 60 characters in .53 (all worked perfectly) - seems its something wrong or with your version or with memory so it gone crazy.
As been said it never appeared once i did countless test runs (i use pretty decent machines tho). For now i am glad that hotfix helps.
For anyone other - DO NOT install .54 - keep .53, .54 hotfix is actyual for ones who have this 60 characters bug.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/10/2014 5:23:51 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 324
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/10/2014 6:59:43 PM   
Larsenex

Black, I am really interested in trying your mod but the install instructions are a bit confusing for me. I am running the Beta patch right now.

Do you have a 'Final' Now install this download?

Thanks!

Go for the Eyes Boo!

Intel 8700K Oc'd to 4.8ghz
32 gigs ram
GTX 1070 w/ 6gigs ram.
Using a cache drive from intel with a 60gig flash & 1 terrabyt hd accelerated.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 325
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/10/2014 7:11:27 PM   
Blackstork

Hello mate. For current version in order to get full pack experience you need 4 downloads :
base mod .51.
Update .53
And 2optional but highly recommended : race soundtrack and alliance soundtrack package.
I know it is bit mess but this is because of frequent updates.
Please hold till Friday, there will be one package option , but again it will be without soundtrack parts, which will be another big asset download, minimizing it to 2 downloads. For peoe prefer more downloads but lesser in size I will provide some partition.

The problem that whole pack is close to 2 GB because of huge amount of music (520 tracks) and a lot of race-specific art/unique portrait placeholders. So partition is necessary.

(in reply to Larsenex)
Post #: 326
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/10/2014 7:29:31 PM   
fruitgnome

Nice with the hyperdrives, thx 4 info.
In this mod are 48 races. Which images ships family folders are not used by other races? I have normally 5 folders for my own ship desings.
It would be nice to know the numbers of the races. I hope the race or at least the ships families cap will be raised.

< Message edited by fruitgnome -- 9/10/2014 8:35:26 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 327
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/10/2014 7:41:57 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: fruitgnome

Nice with the hyperdrives, thx 4 info.
In this mod are 48 races. Which images ships family folders are not used by other races? I have normally 5 folders for my own ship desings.
It would be nice to know the numbers of the races. I hope the race or at least the ships families cap will be raised.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MxPi8qKWKnJpyd3BJog9HRsv7w8osy9366LKooxwR0A/edit?usp=sharing
Check this one :
The number of ship set used appears in "Ships" column, so the ones which are unused are 20-ish something.
Yes, i really will appreciate the change, for now i been forced to switch all pirates to use their original race shipsets, now you can also guess what powers pirates have, since each race, including pirates, have own ship commanders and pirate leaders, and they differ alot with character systems implemented.

(in reply to fruitgnome)
Post #: 328
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/10/2014 8:19:43 PM   
Blackstork

@hezamajeza and anyone:

The bug of hezamajeza is not appearing in any tests i run at home, all works perfectly : here new game with soon to be released character system of Naxxilians:
Donot is starting leader. Then after dismissing i got awesome random Shaman (Shuxil) Leader which is awesome - but i payed for it - being in Military Dictatorship such character change costed me some upraisals. After it things calmed - and here i introducing one of new features of Naxxilians. One of their groups - Shamans are build in order to cover weak spots of Military Dictatrship, buulding awesome synergy with it, paying with some diplomacy instead. Then the most honorable Dark Alliance member will be power to be reckoned with under militaristic Shamans rule which will lead this reptilian cold-hearted, disciplined and tough race towards victory.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 329
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/11/2014 2:37:59 PM   
Jethro420

Blackstork,I don't think you need perfect English-speaking writers. I think you just need a good editor to fix mistakes and polish the grammar and syntax of less than perfect writing. Also, to make various writing styles seem more consistent.

I can help there. Creative writing is not my area of expertise, though. I'm an analyst, not a creative type. I can offer quality editing. But, I leave the imagining to the creative types, like yourself.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 330
Page:   <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod Page: <<   < prev  9 10 [11] 12 13   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI