Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/11/2014 2:57:42 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jethro420

Blackstork,I don't think you need perfect English-speaking writers. I think you just need a good editor to fix mistakes and polish the grammar and syntax of less than perfect writing. Also, to make various writing styles seem more consistent.

I can help there. Creative writing is not my area of expertise, though. I'm an analyst, not a creative type. I can offer quality editing. But, I leave the imagining to the creative types, like yourself.

Awesome, that will help alot. I will write little by little and send to you for editing then. Please pm your email for better communication. There already person who also helps with this, but more help/translating my jadda-badda english will help alot as well :)

(in reply to Jethro420)
Post #: 331
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/11/2014 3:01:06 PM   
Jethro420

Sent.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 332
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/11/2014 5:35:13 PM   
SirFinbar

Hey Blackstork, creative writing is my thing. I would gladly help you with the lore.

I love sci-fi, and I love Distant Worlds!

I'm currently writing for a Skyrim 'Mod of the Month', and need more work to keep me busy! Have a look at my stuff here: http://jfgrace.wordpress.com/

(in reply to Jethro420)
Post #: 333
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! - 9/11/2014 6:06:51 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirFinbar

Hey Blackstork, creative writing is my thing. I would gladly help you with the lore.

I love sci-fi, and I love Distant Worlds!

I'm currently writing for a Skyrim 'Mod of the Month', and need more work to keep me busy! Have a look at my stuff here: http://jfgrace.wordpress.com/

Great! i will soon send to you some material to translate into more rich lore texts / add / create.
Please send me your email so we can communicate in much better way than forums pms
Cheers

(in reply to SirFinbar)
Post #: 334
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 3:30:52 AM   
Enuma

Is it possible to use this with the research reloaded mod?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 335
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 9:56:27 AM   
Blackstork

Research Reloaded Mod is not done, and is not tested yet. Obcourse there will be integration on some point. It is also stated at OP.

PS> Due some family reasons i didnt got enough time to work on integration of Icemania 1.02 mod version, so i starting it now, and release a.6 will be up today late evening or tomorrow.

(in reply to Enuma)
Post #: 336
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 4:15:41 PM   
Enuma

Modders like you deserve medals, for making this game better.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 337
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 6:08:39 PM   
Enuma

PLaying a new game with latest patch, .53 and game version 1.9.5.8-beta. Quanemo race leader is fixed, every time i start a new game i always get the same leader with annoying -30% happiness... is this supposed to work like this?

(in reply to Enuma)
Post #: 338
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 6:51:13 PM   
Blackstork

Its result of 2 things - inability of randomizing starting character from modding capabilities of DW:U, and my design . The thing that you should and must alter your leader by dismissing him and gambling onto other if you annoyed by his starts. Before Quamenos were too easy race for human player to play. Now they have extra complexity level. It is stated in guide part of the mod - that starting characters always the same and pre-set "low start" of certain race, but easy customizable by using dismissing button. In case of default 100% leader appearance leader being replaced to random from race pool immideately. In you case you can alter your starting set of Quameno by just dismissing your leader and receiving new random one(from Qiameno character system pool)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/13/2014 7:55:15 PM >

(in reply to Enuma)
Post #: 339
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 6:51:55 PM   
Blackstork

Dbp

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/13/2014 7:54:19 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 340
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 7:49:09 PM   
Blackstork

I will alter Quameno starter leader so it will annoy less players who unaware of character system mechanics and capabilities in soon to be released a.6 release
Thanks for your comments. Generally I build all starters as low amplitude characters (low/no con's low pros) but Quameno have own pattern . They are powerful but bit new player unfriendly due presence of negative traits and demand of navigating through it.
Also I hope that devs will allow to set randomization for starting character and fix ? Order randomization bug.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/13/2014 8:54:51 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 341
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 10:06:22 PM   
Blackstork

I reviewed Quameno design, and made it down to -20% hapiness.... other bonuses are pretty strong and the player should be able to deal with -20 happiness (regular con pattern on all non-group, simple leaders ) , esp with so powerful bonuses and research.
Non-Group leaders representing conflict/relationship between Technocratic govermeent and society with relular, non-tehcnology people on ruling positions. Put diplomat or politician in head of technocratic Quameno society and it wont be happy.
Thats a con that exist on non-group leaders, which also have quite nice set of positive things to offer. -20% on ~60-70% leaders (Quenun and Quotan are different case) is manageable, given you have plently of other pros to play with and you have research. Thats simply a prevention of Quameno being "bread-n-butter" player race as it is in vanilla/extended. As you cant set negative values in race.txt files i provide sometimes negative values to races using their leadership patterns.
I will run more test /actual games with them and see how -20% happiness on normal non-group leaders works. So far they been effective even with -30% thingy as AI vs AI in fully automated games.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/13/2014 11:59:34 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 342
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 11:13:54 PM   
Enuma

I c, well since im a newbie, i will face ur presets, u surely know more then me. ty for the fast response.

< Message edited by Enuma -- 9/14/2014 12:15:50 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 343
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/13/2014 11:17:45 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Enuma

I c, well since im a newbie, i will face ur presets. ty for the fast response.

You wellcome!
Your input/comments are appreciated.
Quameno moved from newbie-best , easiest to play race tier into complex but balanced tier in Beyond.
I will adjust them to be more easier with -20% happines pattern in tomorrow release (its almost done, delayed due some family stuff i had)
Please try then and tell if you find it manageable, according to what i see thats is just simple con and Quameno's player just have task to overcome it or to nitpick Quenun/Quotan leader through careful selection, so the techno-loving masses will be inspired
You should really dismiss your leaders and nitpick those powerful Quotans if you want to play "happiness-solved" Quameno. This is upgrade that requires some work+time or simple luck.
Quamenos have their Leadership Portfolio Graph (LPG) done , so it could be helpful, if you dive into it abit - check it in OP post in Quameno section together with legend above it.
Lore descriptions of Quameno groups are WIP already, i hope till then you will find LPG helpful.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/14/2014 12:40:38 AM >

(in reply to Enuma)
Post #: 344
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/14/2014 7:30:28 AM   
Hawkeye_BF

I can't await the new Version. My pleasant anticipation is giant :)))))

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 345
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/14/2014 8:00:41 AM   
Blackstork

Its almost done, i hope today evening i will finish it, run final test runs, upload and it will be up late night today or morning tomorrow.
There is huge amount of work been put for human character system. (part of art separation of art and unique features is done) and alot of other things/tweaking and testing, as well as loads of immersion/ui/art updates
Integration of Icemanias mod 1.02 requires also some nitpicky changes and manual redesigns and policies for some Beyond races (Dlakar are the hardest due unique designs of 1.2 size for fighter ships)
Cheers :)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/14/2014 9:13:49 AM >

(in reply to Hawkeye_BF)
Post #: 346
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 6:35:03 AM   
Blackstork

Patch is done, but uploading 4 GB of stuff takes some time hehe :D i thought it will be done at morning, but alas consolidated download is not ready yet due its uploading is not finished.
Patch notes with full set of links will be up once all the packages been uploaded.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 347
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 6:57:00 AM   
Hawkeye_BF

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!

4 GB WOOOW...

< Message edited by Hawkeye_BF -- 9/15/2014 8:03:57 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 348
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 7:49:20 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hawkeye_BF

YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!

4 GB WOOOW...

2.4 -2.5 GB of it is music:
4 race specific diplo tracks x 48 races
4 alliance soundtracks X 9 tracks each
26 race-specific soundtracks X 6 tracks each
= 384 mp3s of sound assets

All will be provided in 2 forms :
1. Main 1.9 GB download including diplo music + 1.9 gb soundtrack as optional sound asset download
2. Update patch 0.51 (or .53 does not matter , since it have all .53 included) >0.6 without diplo music , Separate diplo music pack + 1.9 gb soundtrack as optional sound asset download
All is up , except main 1.9 GB download, and it might take time, because it took night to upload the consolidated soundtrack
Creating race specific immersion experience for 48 races requires some disk space :P

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/15/2014 8:54:19 AM >

(in reply to Hawkeye_BF)
Post #: 349
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 7:58:37 AM   
Blackstork

In time its being uploaded (it takes alot of time :( .... ) I will tease a bit:
Ketarov's Mega-Corp Chart, as part of their Character system:

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 350
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 8:31:48 AM   
Hawkeye_BF

I'am counting the seconds :)))))

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 351
RE: [A.53] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 11:45:50 AM   
Blackstork

Music Upload is UP.
A.6 body upload gone awry so i reuploading it now and its on 40%
Once its up all huge post will go up.
For now i updated 2nd post in this thread related to Soundtrack system. Download of 1.9 GB music assets is up and linked in 2nd post, as well i added majority of details.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/15/2014 12:46:13 PM >

(in reply to Hawkeye_BF)
Post #: 352
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 1:21:24 PM   
Blackstork

Disclaimer 1
This is big mod and modpack, despite being alpha, is completely playable game which contain many many many things which are working and polished and already is stand-alone game

Disclaimer 2
This mod add alot of changes into the game. In order to adapt to those changes, find them and experience them at fullest its hightly reccomended to read the wall of text below, or at least "guide" part of it.

Disclaimer 3
This mod weight alot due: high qty of content, alot of assets (music, art)and neccesity of creating certain placeholders for unique portrait character art.

Disclaimer 4
Some informative features (pedia entries, charts on the forum) might be not appear on first day of release and will be added soon eventaully)

Hello and Welcome to Beyond Project! Beyond project is ultimate attempt to take DW:U world’s depth, race difference, character of each race onto next level , adding and merging a lot of great mods, features, races, and creating very deep and complex “Character System” which features serious influence on race difference, gameplay, specialization, and add a lot of flavor, lore, special groups, houses and castes, and aim for creating unique character portrait for each single character among 20000 + planned using extensive art work and programming.

Table Of Contents:
1. Download and Instalation instructions

2. Patch notes.

3. Final Aim.

4. Dev notes on gameplay difference.

5. Alliances.

6. Race-specific Character systems showcase / guide with “Leadership Portfolio” Charts and Dev notes.

1. Download and Installation

The Release available in 2 ways : Full package download + Optional Soundtrack Music Asset Download (2 downloads) or as Upgrade from previous versions (A.50 and above) + Spearate Diplomatic music pack download + Optional Soundtrack Music Asset Download (3 smaller downloads for ones who had previous version)

INSTALLATION FROM 0, OR ALL IN ONE (actually TWO) METHOD:

MAIN DOWNLOAD : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5moca25tj8uuwv4/Beyond_Extended_Universe_Alpha.zip
Copy folder Beyong Extended Universe from The Zip into theme folders (DW:U/Customization folder) (you can "extract here" it in the DW:U/Customization folder), activate it as theme

SOUNDTRACK ASSET DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2tpcm3g3lykns9x/Beyond_Soundtrack.zip
IT contains folder Races and Alliances. Copy contents of your race's folder and of its alliance folder (matched according Alliance Chart) into installed Beyond theme folder. Detailed guide can be found in 2nd post of this thread which is dedicated to Alliance system, it's chart and soundtrack management.
In order to swap soundtracks just copy new ones over old ones with overwrite.

PARTIAL DOWNLOAD AND UPGRADE FROM VERSIONS A.5 and above METHOD: 3 downloads

A.5 to A.6 UPGRADE (INCLUDES EVERYTHING BETWEEN A.5 AND A.6): http://www.mediafire.com/download/5tklxhq0e5ry98x/a.60.zip
Copy with overwrite into your old Beyond mod folder.

DIPLOMATIC MUSIC PACK (for ones who do not have it): http://www.mediafire.com/download/gc9zrzr90bs6igg/Sounds.zip
Copy folder Sounds in it into Beyond theme folder if you have version 1.9.5.8 and above, and into default DW:U game folder if you still play 1.9.5.7)

SOUNDTRACK ASSET DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/download/2tpcm3g3lykns9x/Beyond_Soundtrack.zip
IT contains folder Races and Alliances. Copy contents of your race's folder and of its alliance folder (matched according Alliance Chart) into installed Beyond theme folder. Detailed guide can be found in 2nd post of this thread which is dedicated to Alliance system, it's chart and soundtrack management.
In order to swap soundtracks just copy new ones over old ones with overwrite.

2. Release ALPHA.6 patch notes
A.6 Release Patchnotes - "What's new?" (as difference from A.53):
- Minor fixes and tweaks into various aspects of the game. Races tweaked, policies adjusted, character systems polished and tuned.
- Zadaj and Archei pedia entry by ParagonExile.
- Unique goverments pedia entries by ParagonExile.
- In MOD op post added comments about how to maximize complexity of the game if you want to raise complexity/challenge. (Modified Icemania list, with soem changes which more relevant towards Beyond gameset/gameplay)
- Remake for Lameresh race, now it will be playable race (they will not have super beam from start of the game) for players with unique super laser available earlier, shooting further, and dealing more damage. Together with their nature (character system) they still will be viable to compete for "Destroy x2 (changed from x3) times ships than you lose" victory condition, but with much more effort, and with need of precise target selection.
- Veey and Lameresh and partial Naxxilian UI Included (advance from Alien Immersion Project). Last 3 buttons from Naxxilian UI and Ketarov UI will be released in .61
- Consolidated soundtrack download - comes as big music asset download and provides 4 alliances soundtrack (9 track playlist each one) and 26 (more than half of all races covered) race-specific 6 race tracks. This part represented in 2nd post of Beyond thread. Read details below and check #2 post of this thread.
- Alliance chart showcasing alliance allegiance for all races and making it easier to match your race's alliance soundtrack. Alliances been renamed into more immersive names, while their old names will be kept marked by “(“ and “)”
- Pedia Updates with weapon focus (semi merge from AI Mod by Icemania with all corrections made in adaptation into Beyond). Additionally to AI mod Pedia entries all races been given correct updated picture, all new races added, focus string marked with brighter color, and race alliance allegiance added.
- Remake of Corporate Nationalism government (changed completely) & Remake for Way of Ancients and Darkness governments (been tuned down) - New , Beyond, (nice version in-between vanilla and extended styles) race art picture for Naxxilians
- Alliance-based color tints for rest, non-top pannel UI designs *coming from Das chrome mod, which will reflect the alliance your race belongs to (Turquoise/Cyan for (Light) Alliance, Deep Royal Blue for (Blue) Pact, Dark Purple for (Dark) Forces, and Red for (Red) Coalition)
- more lore influence on race/alliance diplomacy in raceBiases.txt file.
- Complete adaptation and integration of Icemania's AI Mod version 1.02 including it's bug fix with wrong construction times
- 6 Character Systems :
1. Humans - complex project featuring 6 races/nations/bloodlines of humanity , which have different linguistics, gene code and educational background : White Human (America/West Europe themed), Black Human(Africa Themed), Semite Human(Arabic/Hebrew themed), Slavic Human (East Europe/Russia Slavic etniciy themed), Hindu Human (Hind family themed), Zhong-Ri Human (Far East Asia - themed). They made as diverce, linguistic , very diverce and versatile, diplomacy focused race, which have some slight specialization/education differencies between bloodlines. They have own unique portrait art for each bloodline's male and female (using "Average Portrait" project) and is alpha base for unique portrait art which will come after final release of mechanic part of the mod (eta around NYE).

2. Lemeresh - they been made into player race, stripped from their start-game super laser, and now are race with big ships, good weapon research, early super-laser tech which provide range and power variation of super laser. combined with extremely powerful education their Admirals receive their fleets can mount alot of punch with much lesser number quantities of the ships. They are lions of the space, and have opposite feel/approach to Gizureans game wise. Their Character system features 2 special groups. One, Eme, is common and protective, providing the Lemeresh with more security/counterespionage power, while second, Leeresh, is rare and powerful, and will help the player to rain the death on those who oppose their Lemeresh empire.
3. Keskudon - they been remastered abit, with Way of Darkness goverment being tuned down, as race they been tuned slightly up, and their character system featuring 4 special groups - Slave traders and Slave-catchers Vorsuk, Seer Technologists Seska , Vicious Blood-Lust commanders of Doskunuk and highborn oligarchs Trunosk which represent different powerful segments of their society which compete for the Keskudon Empire rule and offer different directions of development/Gameplay.
4. Shandar - Easy going, relaxed Shandars have matching their lore character system, always easy-going, relaxed, drunk and lazy, they posses powerful skills and awareness due their stabile, happy and undemanding mind state. They have 3 groups which are available only as Governors, special role of Utopian colony overseer - and they are very powerful, managing their assigned colonies into being different kinds of Utopias through different approaches and visions – Nos-Iss through providing and developing entertainment, creating attractions and promoting body pleasures, Iss-Ssa through spiritual activities, meditation and education, and Sha-Doon through unity with Environment, nature and world surrounding them and harmony with space's eternity. Their CS have some slight learning curve due some innate negative trait patterns which are common for majority of their characters.
5. Naxxilians - Straightforward race with 2 special group character systems. They have 2 influential groups - Shuxil (Quite aggressive, militaristic and expansive cold-hearted shamans), other is Todosht, famous Todash ultimate game survivor champions, which been glorified, and viewed as example of strength and courage. Those groups are pretty exclusive, so watch well and have good luck.
6. Ketarov - this race had quite drastic change, they been tied to overhauled Corporate Nationalism goverment, with improved synergy to it, and featuring 5 special groups which compete for leading and governing factions Interior politics and colonies. They are 5 very competitive Mega-Corporations, each one is "state within state", and each one have own specialization (as each of them ate/assimilated smaller corporations of same industry/market segment) : Reta Verok - Conservative Construction/Real Estate corporation, Sorotvan - Shady and Manipulative Enertaiment/Broadcasting/Information technologies megacorp, Orover Korate- Huge freighter Company, Vorvotor - Arms Manufacturer and Security services mega-corp known for its aggressive and violent methods of solving competition issues, Terevek - huge Drug/Chemal Tech/Mining Concern. They offer very different approach on management of Ketarovs development, and each one is powerful but have serious drawbacks to be dealt with (except social-oriented , most moderate freighter mega-corporation Orover Korate which simply offers small benefit of covering certain Corporate Nationalism goverment drawbacks and provide only good antidonte/relief to rampant Ketarov's corruption )
Ketarovs may seem hard (its payment for being spy race), and i may ease the things later, we will see, any testing appreciated. My tips are do not change leaders without reason for a gamble, unless you desperately need so or know the consequences and ready for them. At least do not hurry to do so at very start of the game, its Corporate Nationalism baby (the new one)
Ah! and they been built towards focus on Sabotage

THERE ALOT OF UPDATES IN INFORMATIVE OP POST - PLEASE CHECK IT.

NOTA BENE: There is some glitch in the game related to pirates and could appear when you attempt to launch game. It's known issue but if you just try another start it will start normal. (It wont crash the game). And most likely you will be able to start games well after it. If this happens just try again, even without restarting the game, it will work. I will find what is that about ( i am unsure about origins, tried hard - yet didnt found ) and will fix it in A.61

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/15/2014 7:02:31 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 353
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 2:25:14 PM   
Blackstork

Some news...
2nd try to upload the 1.85 GB game base (as consolidated theme download) failed from my job.
I will come home and will oversee the 3rd attempt. I will manage to do that (since music pack uploaded in my presence and it have larger volume)

For those who had not Beyond .5-.53 before - and want to download it 1st time- please wait - the issue will be solved within day

For ones who had .5-.53 base - you have everything you need and there are all downloads available for you. (this problem is not related to you since only "mod body + a.6 upgradw" pack is missing, while you have "body" and a.6 upgrade is uploaded and available as upgrade download.

UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED, all downloads are availble.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/15/2014 7:04:49 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 354
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 5:45:18 PM   
SirFinbar

Gratz on the new release Blackstork.

I like those Ketarov organisations, they are an interesting race.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 355
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 5:48:24 PM   
Blackstork

Thanks!
They are very special ones. they offer very challenging experience - I defenitely made Ketarovs hard (they offer 4 agents at start but they are forced to be in upgraded and boosted Corporate Nationalism). I really appreciate testing and comments. Perhaps i made them too hard, but i hope it is not a case. I will see through it and i may (or may not) adjust their powers/gameplay in future. Atm they are offereing really challenging experience, but i still think that it could be actually well balanced for player hands (as AI they perform somewhat well, but never reach top of the charts, because AI dumb with spies, and dont know how to play their strengths in order to cover boosted, but forced CN). May be they are harder than Paratis, perhaps i will need (not sure) to balance them more with Paratis, but that after player comments and more extencive testing. It is very interesting what could be done with experienced player playing as them.
Also all-in-one package uploading and will be posted soon.
Anyone who things he is good player, or really good even, are invited to take it as challenge and to play as Ketarovs (without exploits usage/tech trading please) and tell me/us how it was.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/15/2014 7:01:06 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 356
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 6:04:03 PM   
Blackstork

Good news!
All-in-one, from-zero installation download of A.6 is uploaded, and available :
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5moca25tj8uuwv4/Beyond_Extended_Universe_Alpha.zip
(for ones who download Beyond first time and want all stuff together. (except soundtrack) - Watch OP instructions
Link been posted to OP and update post.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/15/2014 7:20:41 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 357
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 6:36:28 PM   
Blackstork

For ones who download full package from 0 - please note that its advised to delete all old Soundtrack appearing there in order to use properly new A.6 Beyond Soundtrack coming in huge asset package as separate download (check installation instructions).
I forgot to do this and i will delete it shortly.
It will lessen all download by 145 mb and remove reundant and uncompatible tracks. (Deleting them now, mediafire should sync that change soon)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/15/2014 7:37:25 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 358
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 7:05:14 PM   
Blackstork

After running more test runs i want to announce that Ketarovs will get another pass in A.61 : their corporations will be tuned and extended on more roles, and they will get certain buff, in order to be competitive. (They are hard mode right now, and need some tuning ) - i think i went too harsh with them hehe
I will appreciate if someone plays them as they now though (if he dares to) and share his experieneces. This could help to balance their current new design direction, which is quite complex thing to balance on the run. The report on 4 Intelligence agents and 50ish sabotage bonuses abnd comments on them would be also invaluable. Thanks!

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/15/2014 10:40:57 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 359
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/15/2014 9:58:36 PM   
Blackstork

A.61 suspected changes:
1. Minor tunes and fixes based on my testing runs (i maytune down Paratis abit)
2. Ketarov will get 2nd pass and will have their corporations boosted, extended on more roles, and they wil be balanced into being competitive and inline without losing their Beyond special design.
3. Ketarov and Naxxilian UI.
4. All 48 race-specific final soundtrack package (finishing full consolidated package)
5. One more race Character system. Probably Sluken.
6. Pirate glitch fix.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/15/2014 10:59:42 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 360
Page:   <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - ALPHA RELEASE IS UP! Page: <<   < prev  10 11 [12] 13 14   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI