Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: anyone up for Sucession Game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 7/27/2014 9:51:14 AM   
Blackstork

no, i did it "trick" way.
I created those 3 gvmnts as normal, not race specific, and denied all other races to use them (you can deny countless gvmnts to any race)

ITs ready ,and actually i could realease it. Ive run alot of games with it and its fine and well balanced. Its unique, powerful, but also hard for start game because you have low pop, certain cons, and must choose between army/troop spam, tech rush with serious penalties or peaceful pop/economy growth. Its 3 in 1 package.
All is done except character system ,which is very complex thing to do, if you ok i could release as normal race, so we will play with old character system. Or we could wait abit, its character system will take few days, but its excitingly awesome, yeah i am exited about it.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/27/2014 10:58:31 AM >

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 31
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 7/27/2014 10:58:35 AM   
Blackstork

Keston, you have some preference or you ok with Ergreagds used , and pre-character version, or version with all character pack?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 32
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 7/29/2014 12:42:15 PM   
Blackstork

Ergreagd are up, Keston does not reply... what our next step would be? Want to start it collaborative growing into something bigger or wait for people>?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 33
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 7/29/2014 10:11:33 PM   
Tcby

If people aren't interested, then they aren't interested. I'd prefer to only do a collaborative game with a decent number of people. So maybe shelve it for a little while, and come back later. Maybe revisit once Ice's AI mod has been adapted to distant worlds extended, and your own work has been completed

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 34
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 7/29/2014 10:30:42 PM   
Blackstork

full character system implementation can take alot of time
releasing races with origina special ship art made for them is even faster buisness
but imo lets keep this thread alive time to time w/o game (if it possible)perhaps people will join
would be glad to have some real team game as well

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 7/29/2014 11:42:02 PM >

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 35
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/3/2014 4:52:48 AM   
Blackstork

Well, Alpha release for Beyond is up :
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3657646

Anyone want to make join me and Tcby to play sucession game with that or as option with other Extended pool race?

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 36
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/20/2014 1:54:30 PM   
Evan85

The concept sounds like fun.. I'd opt to join - in case you accept newcommers too.

Though I doubt that comps available to me could handle your BEU mod... with two gigs of ram, I get an annoying number of memory-leaks when playing just Extended without all the portraits, enhanced graphics, redone UI and such. For the same reason, I can't make video-AARs either. Text and screens is cool though.

I wonder if savegames can be transfered and used with matching data-files but different visuals behind them..

Why can't I make friends? Only my Nuclear Devastator understands me.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 37
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/20/2014 2:36:01 PM   
Blackstork

Wellcome! Sure you are wellcome to join, and now we need to hear From Tcby in order to start. More participants wellcome!

Yes you can transfer savegames between games that share all gameplay changes but have different visuals.

Also, images sizes are same between vanilla and all mods, and new ui will not matter - it is loaded once upon game start, and loaded instead of vanilla one , which have same size.
In other words all those additions WONT make performance of your PC/game worse. Its just more complex data and nicier visuals which stored on hd and loaded once, having same size in your RAM.

Also no problem at all without AAR, you can upload detailed advance with screenshots and text.

ALPHA.5 will be released at friday, we can start thinking about setting/race now, and will start next week. :)

There will be 8 new races to the game additionally to 40 race set from extended game. All of them will have character systems so we can play any, it will be something new for DW:U gaming and could be nice try and showcase of one of those races.

Please tell if i need to list races here or you will pick yourself. I would like to pick from 8 new ones, since they are new, unique, and have interesting character systems each.

Upon release i will post some short summary and tips towards their focus and special gameplay as result of their character system implementation.

(in reply to Evan85)
Post #: 38
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/20/2014 3:12:12 PM   
Evan85

Found 5 of the 8 in the second post of the BEU thread. Lazy to look for the others - shift at work is about to end.

Too bad that stats aren't listed there - I'd be also interested in merits and flaws and victory conditions. Mainly to see what level of flexibility it allows while playing certain races. Would be fun to play as warmongering snails for example.

Anyways, will I find these in BEU galactopedia? If yes, disregard this line, I'll do my homework. Otherwise, yes, would you mind linking the most up to date race info?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 39
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/20/2014 4:29:03 PM   
Blackstork

6 races appear in pedia of .43 release which is current released version. There some changes with stats, and from what I recall race victory condition changed for Laaran (general thingy swapped to subjugation) and Yereni a bit. Archei and Zadaj are new races which not present in .43 release. Beside stats character system is big thing to consider (I've posted 3 charts for Dlakar, Veey and Laaran).

-Ergeagds have complex character system , only race that have unique portrait art. Dark alliance.Mini revolutions, assassins with potent 3 houses.

- Laaran is massive humanoid utilitarian a communist state which have also strong influence of their character system on gameplay. They are quite unique race in .5 which can snowball own home system and its crew to quite powerful levels. A lot can be said about them but its better to see them in.43 + their chart posted inmod thread. Dark alliance.

-Yereni are physcally weak but semi-immortal religious race which have awful diplomacy but great pop growth, science and happiness, superior range and speed missiles and improved tank management tilting their ground combat towards machinery.

-Dlakar are huge intelligent predator worms with most powerful ground forces and big big carriers. They are warmonger paradise and game's war juggernout. They are also Darkies.
Such-Oos are smart tiny charismatic snails. They are about political manipulation, forcing good guys to fight for you, while you protect your planets from ground invasions, expanding due being one of first races to reach end of colonization tree, and watching your private sector becoming monster. Light alliance.

-Veey are electrovore worms, are very adaptable and are about rapid expansion and colonization, while being protective they posses powerful grab area discharge weapons and certain group which specializes on it and if combination of both achieved can be very nasty foe to deal with if unchecked. Blue alliance.

- Archei are nano-particle mechanoids are about incredible paying, stealth, restricted type of living conditions and rapid construction of things. They are very clean and clear race to play which sees a lot but hides itself. Light alliance.

- Zadaj are good , odd insectoids (bees) which are lawful , have strong codex and love to interfere into wars in order to protect weaklings. They have very defined caste system, government called Sacred Matriarchate, lazy drone bees who are champions in reproduction and are quite nasty. Light alliance.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/20/2014 8:50:54 PM >

(in reply to Evan85)
Post #: 40
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/21/2014 5:10:38 AM   
Evan85

First impression stays - I'd play as warmongering snails.

Somehow I prefer to play aggressive games with a sub-ideal species. Not sure what stats they get, but if I assume right that they have a 'declare fewest wars' condition, that makes galactic domination even more fun.

Though I'm adaptive enough to accept any setup that you guys might come up with.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 41
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/21/2014 5:27:50 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Evan85

First impression stays - I'd play as warmongering snails.

Somehow I prefer to play aggressive games with a sub-ideal species. Not sure what stats they get, but if I assume right that they have a 'declare fewest wars' condition, that makes galactic domination even more fun.

Though I'm adaptive enough to accept any setup that you guys might come up with.

Hehe this could be challenging and fun, their VC been readjusted in ALPHA.5 compared to .43:

-Have long lasting TA
-Make TA, Protectorates and MDPs with 35% of the galaxy
-Start fewer Wars
-Earn the most trade income in the galaxy

Also it is doable if we will use diplomacy to force and manipulate our allies to fight for us and then catch the time to invide in right moment.... and having secondary population (which also is common for Such-Oos) which is good and used to fight for them on the ground. Then we can use their troops instead of squishy snail micro-phaser soldiers which are tiniest and worst soldiers in the galaxy.
Also there is resource which allow to boost their troops with 15% of initial strength if mined exactly on the colony troops been recruited at. (bringing them closer, but still weaker than Atuuks)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/21/2014 6:36:06 AM >

(in reply to Evan85)
Post #: 42
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/21/2014 7:45:13 AM   
Evan85

Yes, I was expecting the Snail Master Species to have a hard time on their first invasion... and never attacking with their troops again. Any sane group of inferior races that has been gifted with the honor of belonging to the Mighty Sluggish Empire will be more than glad to give their lives for the Galactic Greater Good. I'm sure even the re-educated Keskudon will eventually realize that letting the Such use their talents on fields where their comparative merits can shine is for the betterment of all intelligent (and semi-intelligent) life in the Universe.

Ahh, I'm getting ahead of meself, the AAR phase will come a bit later. Ready on my end, waiting for others to join up.

< Message edited by Evan85 -- 8/21/2014 8:45:37 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 43
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/21/2014 8:02:34 AM   
Blackstork

Nice, i am glad we have chanllenging interesting setup.
All what needed to start is:
- Tcby confirming he is ready.
- Beyond ALPHA.5 Release is up (that will happen tomorrow)

We also gladly accept more participators.

Also - which complexity level , galaxy setting and age we should play ,considering all changed included in Beyond and presence of Icemania's AI mod in it?

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/21/2014 9:11:38 AM >

(in reply to Evan85)
Post #: 44
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/22/2014 3:15:49 PM   
Evan85

So BEU will have AI improvement included? Great news.

About settings... dunno. Whatever.

To expand that: I only played a few games with Icemania's mod, and another few without that. So I'd leave choosing the setup to the more experienced. All the games I played were prewarp on 8x8 sectors and 700 stars. Not sure if I wanna play bigger, that's long enough as it is.

Other than that... In the AImod games I played pirates totally crippled all other empires - even with few/very weak setting. Currently I suspect it's because the prewarp start - too bad, I liked it. So I'm yet to find my prefered setup, whatever you can come up with will do.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 45
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/22/2014 5:07:31 PM   
Blackstork

We can go for ultimate challenge with pre-warp but i am not that good at playing pre-warps, so i will prefer not to start then.

Size you mentioned is about right.

(in reply to Evan85)
Post #: 46
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/22/2014 8:57:37 PM   
Blackstork

nvm

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 8/22/2014 9:59:20 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 47
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/22/2014 11:59:23 PM   
Blackstork

Release is up.
I didnt finished Such-Oos leadership portofio chart , but thats only informtive feature, i will do it tomorrow, and we could manage without it because i know what they ae about :P

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 48
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 8/25/2014 8:34:31 PM   
Blackstork

Well , not Tcby seems now active. We will need to wait for him, and perhaps someone joins as well....
It also have bright side - we will be playing with more character systems implemented.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 49
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 9/4/2014 4:19:48 PM   
avdpos

I would love to join in on a succession game.
Settings and stuff I accept those who are choosen and try to roleplay after them.
Didn´t read properly (Bad) but saw something about video AAR.
By myself I happily do a text/image-based instead. Makes a much better story for me.
Easier to constuct the funny story when you see what has happend =)

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 50
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 9/4/2014 7:19:20 PM   
Blackstork

Hello, indeed , image-story line is cool if it done detailed and in interesting way :)
Evan85 i need confirmation that we are ready.
Then once i release next update we could start.

(in reply to avdpos)
Post #: 51
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 9/8/2014 9:56:36 AM   
Blackstork

Hey Evan85, you are here? seems we got 3 people. We can start once .6 is up, Tcby is off it seems ,but if he comes eventually he'll could hop in as well.
Confirm please that you are ready to start once .6 is released.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 52
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 9/8/2014 10:14:39 AM   
Hawkeye_BF

There is a possibility to be the 4th player??? I would like to play with...

Hawkeye

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 53
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 9/8/2014 10:24:04 AM   
Blackstork

Sure! You are wellcome.
We could also accept some more players.

Rooster so far:

Evan85
advpos
Hawkeye_BF
Blackstork
Tcby (he seems to be not active lately)

The setup was to play Warmongering Such-Oos. Warmongering peaceful race could be a challenge to play with. Version a.6 , once it up, and we'll put up more Dark alliance members, and fewer Light alliance members (allies) so will need to diplo-game towards creating some bons with neutral Red or Blue alliances.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/8/2014 11:24:35 AM >

(in reply to Hawkeye_BF)
Post #: 54
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 9/19/2014 5:47:10 PM   
Hawkeye_BF

What about this game??? The Version Alpha.6 is released so we could start or???

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 55
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 9/19/2014 7:22:53 PM   
Blackstork

Ye, i am busy with A.61 but its time to revive this thread!
All we need to start is players confirming their readyness . If at least 3 players onfirm they are ready we start. For now 2 are active, so moe one we could work on startup! :)

(in reply to Hawkeye_BF)
Post #: 56
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 9/22/2014 8:44:25 AM   
Blackstork

Bump. Guys where r you? We need you come back active and more people joining this fame.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 57
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 10/1/2014 8:37:18 AM   
Tcby

Heya blackstork :)

I had to disappear from distant worlds for a while - family dramas and ailing health. Ah, life. I was just looking at your mod today, trying to get my head around the changes that have taken place since I was last here. Your progress is amazing.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 58
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 10/1/2014 9:31:21 AM   
Blackstork

Thanks. :)
I am going to holiday soon and quite busy now.
I suggest we start this game after i return, if you are back.
Cheers

(in reply to Tcby)
Post #: 59
RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? - 6/25/2015 12:15:46 AM   
Kingah

This thread hasn't been used for a long time but I really like the idea. People still up for it?

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: anyone up for Sucession Game? Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI