Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/18/2014 8:59:00 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

Each of alliance packs meant to be the main body soundtrack for all races that belong to certain alliance. Due lack of any mechanic that allow automatic soundtrack recognizing, there is need to swap them manually. Find your race alliance according chart given in this post (and in OP) and copy contents of that alliance folder from Alliance folder into your active theme folder.
Contents of Beyond Soundtrack/Alliances/Your alliance folder ---into---> Distant Worlds/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe A.6 folder

Go to Race folder, and copy contents of your race-specific folder into Beyond theme folder.
Contents of Beyond Soundtrack/Races/Your race folder ---into---> Distant Worlds/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe A.6 folder

100% if you follow this guide i made on release there won't be any problem and all will work just name of theme folder is Beyond Extended Universe Alpha (as I explained in previous post)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/18/2014 10:01:33 PM >

(in reply to ParagonExile)
Post #: 391
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/19/2014 2:13:22 AM   
Hawkeye_BF

If I copy Contents of Beyond Soundtrack/Races/Your race folder ---into---> Distant Worlds/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe A.6, there comes the normal DW Soundtrack :(
but if I copy Contents of Beyond Soundtrack/Races/Your race folder ---into---> Distant Worlds/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe A.6/Sounds/Music it works^^

So I dont know what I made wrong...

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 392
RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod - 9/19/2014 3:45:31 AM   
Blackstork

So it works? Good news. Sorry for inconvience. I will investigate and will correct file structure but I still think and it seemsbthere just misunderstanding.
Did you read my post before last one? Contents word refer to folder Sounds and not music itself in both race and alliance folder. So if you copy sounds/music into sounds/music (creating sounds/music/sounds/music structure) this won't work for sure. Pls check post #389 in this thread (last post on previous page)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/19/2014 4:48:22 AM >

(in reply to Hawkeye_BF)
Post #: 393
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/19/2014 3:49:00 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blackstork

Sorry that its not still transparent to some people how to install soundtrack. I will edit guide later more and will make even more clear. Seems you still did not it right.
1. Please don't touch main game music. My instruction was to clean mod soundtrack folder. I hope you can recover what you deleted.
2. All you need is to copy "sounds" folder from both your race folder and its alliance folder located in soundtrack pack into mods folder (Into Distant Worlds Universe/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe Alpha.
3 I requested music folder indexing few times from devs I hope they will implement it soon. Alas what mod have is best structure possible.

Again - Sounds folder from race(Races/YourRace folder) and Sounds folder from Alliance(Alliances/YourRacesAlliance folder), into Beyond Extended Universe Alpha.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 394
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/20/2014 1:11:26 AM   
dctm64

I get an error when I try to run a game in the Classic, Return of the Shakturi and Legends era as any race. I wish I can post an image but the sites anti-spam mechanism thing won't let me...

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 395
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/20/2014 5:50:26 AM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: dctm64

I get an error when I try to run a game in the Classic, Return of the Shakturi and Legends era as any race. I wish I can post an image but the sites anti-spam mechanism thing won't let me...

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirFinbar

So is that construction speed bug fixed in 0.6?

EDIT: Blackstork I've been trying to start an Archei game, this happens:

http://jfgrace.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/sdrfgsdfgsdfgsdfsdf.png

I mentioned htis in Big Big letters with red mark (check main post NOTA BENE remark.
Try start game again and all will work ok. It's glitch. I do not know its orgigin , but it happens sometimes... At occassion.
Just try again and it will work (without restarting the game) (i refered to it in A,61 patchnotes as Pirate glitch fix)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SirFinbar

Edit: It works! Sorry

This is known issue and its possible to start the game.
You should just try to start again, i noted about this in main post with big letters NOTE BENE in red mark.
Sorry but this is known issue of current rrelease, but it still not so hard to get game started.
The issue is with pirates so perhaps just lessen amount of them
I will fix this issue in next release (i fight it now)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/20/2014 6:52:20 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 396
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/20/2014 6:38:32 AM   
Blackstork

I found fix for thsi problem it seems.
I think i will release A.61 with partial plan but much earlier (today) in order to provide the fix for this issue.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 397
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/20/2014 6:42:18 AM   
Blackstork

Naxxilian UI done

Will be part of upcoming A.61 update

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 398
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/20/2014 7:31:21 AM   
Blackstork

Ketarov UI
Will be part of A.61 Update

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 399
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/20/2014 7:43:22 AM   
Blackstork

Due my desire to fix pirate glitch/bug which could appear at start of the game i will release A.61 much much earlier (perhaps today evening) with less features (but almost all of them) than planned before, all un-released features will be part of A.62 which is sheluded to next weekend. Also Soundtrack (initially A.61 planned update) will be updated between A.61 and A.62.

A.61 update plan:
1. Minor tunes and fixes based on my testing runs (tune down Paratis abit, very very slight nerf to Dlakars certain ability)
2. Ketarov will get 2nd pass and will have their corporations boosted, extended on more roles, and they wil be balanced into being competitive and inline without losing their Beyond special design. They will get new version of Corporate Nationalism (perhaps renamed slightly) Goverment (as separate new added gvmnt to the game).
3. Ketarov and Naxxilian UI.
4. Sluken and Securan CS.
5. Pirate glitch fix.

A.61 related update on soundtrack during this week :
1. All 48 race-specific final soundtrack package (finishing full consolidated package) with corrections for Mortalen And Sluken mistakes.

A.62 Next Weekend Update
1. Numerous pedias entries with new formatting design, weapon, energy focus and alliance allegiance art graphic icons, and some of them already with new awesome lore entries on race-specific character system groups by SirFinbar. I am very excited about new pedias!
2. More GALs
3. Yereni, Archei UI.
4. Zenox, Teekan, Mortalen CS.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/20/2014 8:44:29 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 400
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/20/2014 8:12:43 AM   
LeGi

Unable to download A.5 to A.6 Update, says the page is empty. :/

*Edit*: Working.

< Message edited by LeGi -- 9/20/2014 10:02:06 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 401
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/20/2014 11:32:59 PM   
Blackstork

A.61 VERSION is UP.
PLEASE INSTALL CONTENTS ABOVE INSTALLED MOD. (CONTENTS OF FOLDER A.61 INTO "Distant Worlds Universe/Customization/Beyond Extended Universe Alpha)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ffhfz4j7vi3scnw/a.61.zip

Patch notes:
1. Number of small fixes and tweaks with different races and goverments (Alot of them).
2. Naxxilian and Ketarov UI.
3. Ketarovs overhauled now they are competetive and playable, Corporate Nationalism changed alot. Their corporations expanded on more roles.
4. Problem when some games would not start due some pirate bug is solved now all should work smoothly.
5. 2 character systems:
Sluken

Securan

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/21/2014 12:41:11 AM >

(in reply to LeGi)
Post #: 402
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/21/2014 9:21:39 AM   
Blackstork

Dlakar GAL

Added to OP
LPG will remain as link at Dlakar's entry at OP

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/21/2014 2:43:49 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 403
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/21/2014 9:43:26 AM   
SheepRider

Hi, looks great. When I try to download the main file it gives me a "Permission Denied." error. The update to 61 works though.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 404
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/21/2014 9:44:38 AM   
Blackstork

Just try again, some people reported such thing and then they updated that everything works.
Please try again shortly, all links should be available and working.
Also be sure that you fill in captchas, they are sometimes required to get download
If not then i could advise to check your cookie/proxy settings, but i dont think there should be any problem.
If the problem persist please tell me, we'll think what to do.
Thanks

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/21/2014 10:57:00 AM >

(in reply to SheepRider)
Post #: 405
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/21/2014 10:40:34 AM   
SheepRider

I've tried it a couple of times with different browsers and my cellphone and it finally worked. I think the error was opening the DL-link in a new Tab, this prevented the captcha from appearing and sent me directly to the error message. I am not sure though. But its downloading now, looking forward to playing it. Thank you and all the other modders for their hard work!

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 406
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/21/2014 11:15:49 AM   
Blackstork

Great, I am glad its working.
Thanks, and enjoy! I really advise to download the soundtrack pack and install your race specific and alliance soundtracks for full immersion.
And obcourse playing one of 23 races with Character system feature is advised (currently half of all races have their CS released)

(in reply to SheepRider)
Post #: 407
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/21/2014 11:54:32 AM   
stahlengel

I want to thank you for your hard work. This mod is adding so much to the game and you are keeping it coming. I only adjusted some art files to my personal flavor... thats it. Are you planning to include lurchis research mod if it is done and working? Once again thank you for the great work Blackstork!

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 408
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/21/2014 12:04:47 PM   
Blackstork

:)
Thank You!
Yes , obcourse, lurchi's mod integration is on the table and we were talking about it alot, and we plan towards megamod in which case lurchi's work will be added to Beyond and Beyond team,lurchi,Icemania and may be more people will be part of dev team of final product. It wont happen though before lurchis mod gets final release and been tested and balanced, so participation in both projects is very appreciated, so we can polish and balance things , so the integration will be quick and end result will be great :) We are cooperating alitle already in races department . Enjoy the mod, and there will be more (the end plan is quite ambitious, once all been balanced, implemented and lurchi's work integrated, there will be long period of post-final upgrades with character-specific unique face art (as example - please see race Ergreagd)
cheers

(in reply to stahlengel)
Post #: 409
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/21/2014 1:00:54 PM   
Blackstork

Hey all, i will be also glad to hear the stories/see screenshots of your gameplay, and, if you dare here is small quiz:
1. Which race fleets are most precise from ones that been released
2. Which race do not have access to Weapon Research bonuses at all?
3. Which race spies have best Concealment bonuses?

1st question is hard, two others are easy to figure.
Winner gets his favorite race first in queue for making of unique characters portraits once all CS released. :P

Also i remind that i completely up to prioritize races for making Character systems according players requests, so be my guest, tell which races CS i should do in A.63 (A.62 races are planned already)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/21/2014 2:01:29 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 410
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/22/2014 6:31:43 PM   
Blackstork

Small Update:
A.62 planned on friday/sat
It will include music consolidated final soundtrack for all races, new design for pedia entries with group descriptions and graphic art, 2 ui designs and 3 character systems with their GALs. (i moved music release to a.62) , and i will release more GALs before on daily basis.
Also i really hope that devs will make music indexing system so managing 460 soundtrack files will be responsibility of modding file and game instead of constant need for player to swap the files for each race.
Cheers

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/22/2014 7:32:27 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 411
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/22/2014 7:22:52 PM   
Hawkeye_BF

Absolutly great work what you are doing. Thanks sooo much. The Game becomes better and better with "BEYOND".
I'am only playing the game with that mod ever and ever again :)))

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 412
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/22/2014 8:35:57 PM   
Blackstork

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hawkeye_BF

Absolutly great work what you are doing. Thanks sooo much. The Game becomes better and better with "BEYOND".
I'am only playing the game with that mod ever and ever again :)))

:) :) :)
really happy to hear such words, thanks
more to come, i really believe in what i am doing and i am sure once i finish all intended plan, we unite it with lurchis tested and polished mod and i make character unique artwork it could be one of best unique 4x things you can have and could have in near future... Cheers :)
PS some more devs support required for this/making it really polished but i am very sure about it - so far they were amazing and very responsive :)

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/22/2014 9:39:49 PM >

(in reply to Hawkeye_BF)
Post #: 413
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/23/2014 4:40:33 AM   
Azuran

quote:

A.62 Next Weekend Update
1. Numerous pedias entries with new formatting design, weapon, energy focus and alliance allegiance art graphic icons, and some of them already with new awesome lore entries on race-specific character system groups by SirFinbar. I am very excited about new pedias!
2. More GALs
3. Yereni, Archei UI.
4. Zenox, Teekan, Mortalen CS.

1. Are the pedia entries going to be in the galactopedia? If true, I can't wait to see the pedia entries.

2. What are GALs?

3. What races have had their CS released currently?

< Message edited by Azuran -- 9/23/2014 5:41:11 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 414
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/23/2014 4:54:50 AM   
Blackstork

1. Yes. That sentence means that only some of them will be released, though. (as example of what will be done with all race's pedia entries eventually)
2. GALs (Group Art List) are those race-specific boards which list short info on race's character system groups in art form (with short lore text, group emblem etc)
3. Any race which appear in list at end of OP post. (there some brief info on CS stored) Currently there 23 races. Do not confuse it with second post, where i list soundtrack information on race-specific lists for all released race-specific soundtracks.

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/23/2014 6:11:13 AM >

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 415
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/23/2014 5:29:11 AM   
Azuran

1. Dont know if its possible, but at the very top of the pedia have these type of images included (just the UI, not the portrait) ? I don't know if its a good design desion or not. I just feel like the top of the pedia should have something above the potrait; a title. Could be the race name in an alien font.

2. It would also be nice to have these type of images included.

< Message edited by Azuran -- 9/23/2014 6:30:32 AM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 416
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/23/2014 6:31:25 AM   
Blackstork

1. I wont include race UI stripe into pedias, but they will have what you talking about: they will have race name as art logo, and perhaps some alien writings as used on UI.
2. This is what i call GAL. In pedia you will have something similar, with fancy graphic name, art logos, and well-formatted text, and icons for: Weapon focus (set of icons which resemble weapon focus of race i.e. phasers, gravitic, missiles etc), Design Doctrine (icons for Balanced, Power, Speed/Agility, Efficiency design focuses), Alliance Alignment (icon for race alliance allegiance - The Alliance, Dark Forces, Red Coalition, The Pact)
GAL created to have brief info/lore outside of the game. Ingame pedia will have more extensive group lore description (there are 2 race complete entries with all lore articles on groups already done by SirFinbar)

(in reply to Azuran)
Post #: 417
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/23/2014 7:39:46 AM   
Blackstork

Wekkarus GAL

addedto OP

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 418
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/23/2014 11:20:05 AM   
Blackstork

Zadaj GAL

added to OP

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 419
RE: [A.6] {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe (DW:U 1.9.5.7) - 9/23/2014 1:56:57 PM   
Blackstork

Small teaser on said icons in galaxtopedia - example of icon for gravitic weapon focus - i am thinking what to pick.
If you have something that you like more i will be glad to hear oppinion on which option is better in your eyes.
I myself thinking about 5th or 6th but not sure 100% yet.

All weapon icon designs are done btw

< Message edited by Blackstork -- 9/23/2014 3:06:25 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 420
Page:   <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: {WIP} Beyond Extended Universe - Mod and Mods' Mod Page: <<   < prev  12 13 [14] 15 16   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI