Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/20/2015 8:02:59 AM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

SPOILER ALERT

Doctor Who was back last night and straight into gear. Good episode (first of a two-parter) and Clara Oswald was in the thick of the action - albeit she got exterminated by the Daleks....

To keep up with the spoilers...

By killing Davros at the end, did the Doctor just eradicate the Daleks from time?

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1921
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/20/2015 8:05:33 AM   
warspite1

SPOILER ALERT

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

quote:

SPOILER ALERT

Doctor Who was back last night and straight into gear. Good episode (first of a two-parter) and Clara Oswald was in the thick of the action - albeit she got exterminated by the Daleks....

By killing Davros at the end, did the Doctor just eradicate the Daleks from time?
warspite1

I don't understand the whole paradox thing. But best not to think about that too much or the whole thing becomes unfathomable... at least to me

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 1922
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/20/2015 8:07:02 AM   
terje439

quote:

I don't understand the whole paradox thing.

I enjoy CKII, EUIV not so much

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1923
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/20/2015 8:11:51 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

I don't understand the whole paradox thing.

I enjoy CKII, EUIV not so much

You meanie.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 1924
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/20/2015 5:17:14 PM   
Zorch

quote:

SPOILER ALERT

quote:

quote:

SPOILER ALERT

warspite1

I don't understand the whole paradox thing. But best not to think about that too much or the whole thing becomes unfathomable... at least to me

You can watch it legally, free, at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXKbqtWnvFI

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1925
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 9/27/2015 9:29:37 PM   
Jafele

Hellstorm

Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

(in reply to Vincenzo_Beretta)
Post #: 1926
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/4/2015 7:35:40 AM   
warspite1

Saw Dumb and Dumber To the other day.

Not a patch on the brilliant original - but not quite as bad as was made out.

(in reply to Jafele)
Post #: 1927
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/4/2015 7:41:19 AM   
Orm

quote:

Why they make so many Saw sequels elude me.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1928
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/4/2015 7:43:32 AM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

warspite1

Get out Orm. Tsk.... There's always one that spoils it for the rest of us

Besides, haven't you got a MWIF response to make?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1929
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/4/2015 7:46:57 AM   
Orm

quote:

Get out Orm. Tsk.... There's always one that spoils it for the rest of us

I am sorry about that. Couldn't resist trying to be dumber...

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1930
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/4/2015 7:49:24 AM   
Orm

quote:

Besides, haven't you got a MWIF response to make?

I sure have. I missed the question and thought the ball was in your court. I am sorry about that and will post an answer shortly.

< Message edited by Orm -- 10/4/2015 8:49:58 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1931
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/14/2015 7:07:24 PM   
Ostwindflak

I watched the 1969 film Battle of Britain for the first time again in over 15 years. I forgot how much I liked that movie and what a classic it really is. So many great actors in that flick.

As a bonus the wife sat down and watched it with me. It was her first time seeing it and she actually liked it which shocked me.

The old war movies are still the best in my opinion. Next I think I will watch A Bridge Too Far again.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1932
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/14/2015 7:27:54 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

quote:

Gave me something else to collect

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1933
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/16/2015 5:47:29 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Did anyone ever watch Mad Men? I am taking the opportunity of watching the series from the beginning. Hope it's worth it.

Mrs. Chickenboy is a real fan. I thought the sets, costumes and general ambience were top notch. However, I could not identify with or think well of any of the characters as protagonists. Draper is too irredeemable to be interesting or a sympathetic character.

warspite1

Have got as far as episode 5 season 1. I would agree with the above. The 50's setting is absolutely brilliant, but the characters?

It's like the writer has forgotten you need a mix of likeable/unlikeable people. There is just no one to really root for - apart from Alison and Christina of course - but then that has nothing to do with their characters That is a real flaw if you ask me. Not sure how much longer to continue.

I am also surprised they made it to Series 7 or 8 whatever it was. I thought everyone would have died of lung cancer by series 3.....

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 1934
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/24/2015 1:39:17 PM   
warspite1

The Theory of Everything

Not sure what to expect - but proved to be a really good film and Eddie Remayne's performance was worthy of the Oscar he received.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1935
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/31/2015 5:35:28 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Did anyone ever watch Mad Men? I am taking the opportunity of watching the series from the beginning. Hope it's worth it.

Mrs. Chickenboy is a real fan. I thought the sets, costumes and general ambience were top notch. However, I could not identify with or think well of any of the characters as protagonists. Draper is too irredeemable to be interesting or a sympathetic character.

warspite1

Have got as far as episode 5 season 1. I would agree with the above. The 50's setting is absolutely brilliant, but the characters?

It's like the writer has forgotten you need a mix of likeable/unlikeable people. There is just no one to really root for - apart from Alison and Christina of course - but then that has nothing to do with their characters That is a real flaw if you ask me. Not sure how much longer to continue.

I am also surprised they made it to Series 7 or 8 whatever it was. I thought everyone would have died of lung cancer by series 3.....

warspite1

Still sticking with it.... but its more for Christina than anything else....

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1936
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/31/2015 6:42:06 PM   
warspite1

Has anyone been watched/watched the H2 channel's documentary series "The Last Days of the Nazis"?

Thoroughly recommended - although the title is a little mis-leading.

The series details testimony (given during the run up to the Nuremburg trials) of certain Nazi party members. These are actual words of the Nazis themselves (read by actors and actresses), explaining their role and/or their thoughts on all aspects of the Nazi years from 1933-45 (from the initial Jewbaiting such as Krystallnacht through to the final solution). Of the 8 million + Nazi party members, the series has taken extracts of testimony from a select few. From well known and high ranking Nazis such as Speer and Keitel, through to the thugs slightly lower down the food chain - Seiss-Inquart and Hoess - as well as other 'lesser' Nazis such as one of the active members of the Hitler Youth for Girls.

As usual with this subject, although we all know the story, hearing it again - hearing these $%^& try and justify what they did - (with accompanying footage) is often heart rending and anger creating in equal measure.

An excellent series.

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 10/31/2015 7:46:30 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1937
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 10/31/2015 7:40:30 PM   
terje439

Dave Grohl talking about The Voice - a few mins worth seeing

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1938
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/2/2015 10:03:22 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Has anyone been watched/watched the H2 channel's documentary series "The Last Days of the Nazis"?

Thoroughly recommended - although the title is a little mis-leading.

The series details testimony (given during the run up to the Nuremburg trials) of certain Nazi party members. These are actual words of the Nazis themselves (read by actors and actresses), explaining their role and/or their thoughts on all aspects of the Nazi years from 1933-45 (from the initial Jewbaiting such as Krystallnacht through to the final solution). Of the 8 million + Nazi party members, the series has taken extracts of testimony from a select few. From well known and high ranking Nazis such as Speer and Keitel, through to the thugs slightly lower down the food chain - Seiss-Inquart and Hoess - as well as other 'lesser' Nazis such as one of the active members of the Hitler Youth for Girls.

As usual with this subject, although we all know the story, hearing it again - hearing these $%^& try and justify what they did - (with accompanying footage) is often heart rending and anger creating in equal measure.

An excellent series.
warspite1

Surprised on a wargaming forum no one has seen / heard / interested in this subject.....

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1939
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/8/2015 7:15:14 AM   
warspite1

Last one of Downton tonight - although hoping there will be a Christmas Day special too.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1940
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/8/2015 8:16:02 AM   
Orm

quote:

Last one of Downton tonight - although hoping there will be a Christmas Day special too.

How was the quality of the last season? Was it an improvement of the previous season?

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1941
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/8/2015 8:20:02 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

How was the quality of the last season? Was it an improvement of the previous season?
warspite1

Yes, this has been better - there has actually been things happening - and it looks like at least a couple of storylines will come to a conclusion tonight.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1942
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/15/2015 6:06:04 PM   
warspite1

Watched the last episode of The Last Days of the Nazis. Definitely worth a look if you get the chance. An excellent production.

This afternoon watched The Sound of Music with the little warspites...nice

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 11/15/2015 7:13:21 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1943
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/16/2015 7:45:32 AM   
terje439

quote:

So, that was the end? I feel that the last episode (s6e8) was not a proper end. If this was the end, I feel as endings of a show, it was a poor one tbh...

But speaking of poor things, the last Dr.Who episode was abysmal. Really not impressed with the screenplays in this season

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 1944
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/22/2015 1:46:15 AM   
terje439

This episode of Dr.Who was a very good one imo, and I am really looking forwards to the next one. Going to be interesting I think

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 1945
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/26/2015 3:01:06 AM   
rhondabrwn

Trying to watch the "Arrow" series that I stumbled across. I may reactivate my Netflix subscription and binge watch it.

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

My old Piczo site seems to be gone, so no more Navajo Nation pics :(

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 1946
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/26/2015 7:17:35 AM   
Orm

I feel boring. So much good to watch and I do not watch it. Too tired.

(in reply to rhondabrwn)
Post #: 1947
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/27/2015 4:22:24 AM   
AbwehrX

Zorch-
quote:

It says the video is private. How do I watch it?

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 1948
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/29/2015 7:35:35 AM   
terje439

Ep 11 of Dr.Who. Disappointing episode imo

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 1949
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 11/29/2015 11:03:48 AM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: AbwehrX

Zorch-
quote:

It says the video is private. How do I watch it?

The BBC must have taken it down. It was accessible by anyone when the show aired.

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 1950
Page:   <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  63 64 [65] 66 67   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI