Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/18/2016 8:21:40 PM   
warspite1

Spurred on by playing DC:B I've started re-watching the Battlefield Series. What a really good series of WWII documentaries that was

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to jamus34)
Post #: 2011
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 2/29/2016 7:05:21 PM   
warspite1

.....and this weekend I introduced my elder warspite to that iconic series The World At War.

Great to watch with my children (although younger warspite wasn't quite as interested!), just as my dad watched it with my brother and I back in the 1970's.

Absolute quality production, and of course delivered with such gravitas by Sir Laurence Olivier .

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2012
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/3/2016 2:29:16 PM   
gryffindor1

Coherence. that movie is so rad

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2013
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/3/2016 10:35:07 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: gryffindor1

Coherence. that movie is so rad

I haven't seen it. And I have no idea what rad means in this context. I suppose that it is not Rapid Advance Detection.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to gryffindor1)
Post #: 2014
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/4/2016 12:36:46 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: parusski

Started re-watching The X-Files from season 1. We are binge watching it.

So what is your verdict? Has it aged well?

Hell yes it has aged well. My wife and I just finished season 5 last night. In about 2 hours we will start watching season 6. I never watched The X-Files when it was on tv(I thought it was silly). But it is still a lot of fun to watch.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2015
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/4/2016 7:21:30 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

quote:

Started re-watching The X-Files from season 1. We are binge watching it.

So what is your verdict? Has it aged well?

Hell yes it has aged well. My wife and I just finished season 5 last night. In about 2 hours we will start watching season 6. I never watched The X-Files when it was on tv(I thought it was silly). But it is still a lot of fun to watch.

Thank you.

Time for me to watch it.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 2016
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/4/2016 3:30:04 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

.....and this weekend I introduced my elder warspite to that iconic series The World At War.

Great to watch with my children (although younger warspite wasn't quite as interested!), just as my dad watched it with my brother and I back in the 1970's.

Absolute quality production, and of course delivered with such gravitas by Sir Laurence Olivier .

This was this first film documentry of WWII I watched that really got me more interested in The War...also my first vision of Adolf Hitler in moving pictures! Sir Laurence Oliver for me was The Voice of WWII...enjoy Robert & family!

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2017
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/9/2016 7:52:39 AM   
warspite1

Indian Summers Season 2 is back on Sunday - Hussah!!

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 2018
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/13/2016 1:47:47 PM   
warspite1

Watched Episode 1 of Doctor Thorne - very good it was too

Attachment (3)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2019
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/23/2016 6:40:34 PM   
warspite1

Hot off the heels from reading The Black Dahlia, I re-watched L.A Confidential. What a great film that is

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2020
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/26/2016 2:30:35 PM   
warspite1

Going to see the latest from Disney Animation Studios this weekend

Zootropolis has great reviews so really looking forward to this!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2021
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 3/28/2016 1:53:17 PM   
warspite1

Saw Zootropolis today. Well worth going to see

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2022
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/4/2016 7:00:14 AM   
warspite1

Home Fires returned for a second series. Very watchable, light entertainment program - although last night's episode was not for the WWII aficionado. Late version Spitfires in 1940, D-Day markings on the wings and angry civilians charging around RAF airfields to punch naughty, daughter defiling, wing commanders on the nose!

On a more sombre note, watched two BBC documentaries on the Easter Rising 1916 over the weekend. Very good - especially the one with Michael Portillo. The latter provided an excellent, balanced overview of what happened during that fateful week 100 years ago.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2023
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/4/2016 8:51:40 AM   
Orm

Easter Rising... that makes me think of Liam Neeson in the film Michael Collins.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2024
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/4/2016 8:56:42 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Easter Rising... that makes me think of Liam Neeson in the film Michael Collins.
warspite1

Never seen it, but Michael Collins was involved in the Rising and of course, the events thereafter until his death.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2025
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/4/2016 9:00:56 AM   
Orm

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Never seen it, but Michael Collins was involved in the Rising and of course, the events thereafter until his death.

I liked it back then. I understand it takes some liberties with the actual events but less so than other movies that I do not dare mentioning.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Collins_(film)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2026
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/4/2016 10:53:50 AM   
Zap

quote:

Saw Zootropolis today. Well worth going to see

It was clever and about as well made an animation that I've seen in quite a while. All the years Disney has behind making animation films showed in this one, real quality.

< Message edited by Zap -- 4/4/2016 10:55:19 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2027
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/5/2016 7:09:51 PM   
Orm

Just completed watching season three of Mr Selfridge. Not much happening but somehow I am eagerly following each episode.

Now I am just waiting for season 4 to be released on Netflix.

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 2028
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/5/2016 8:29:21 PM   
wings7

quote:

Just completed watching season three of Mr Selfridge. Not much happening but somehow I am eagerly following each episode.

I watched a historical doc on Selfridge a while back, really enjoyed it!

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2029
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/6/2016 5:36:57 PM   
Orm

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

quote:

Was it Secrets of Selfridges? I've added it to my 'to watch list'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ysgs_BByA0

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 2030
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/6/2016 5:49:03 PM   
wings7

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

quote:

Was it Secrets of Selfridges? I've added it to my 'to watch list'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ysgs_BByA0

Yes it was! I saw it on the History Channel here in the States. Thanks for the link!

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2031
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/10/2016 4:39:04 PM   
BellaDonna

The Catch

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2032
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/15/2016 7:59:26 PM   
Kuokkanen

New Godzilla movie under work. At least JSDF knows to shoot the damn thing from distance, unlike the US Armed Forces

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to BellaDonna)
Post #: 2033
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/16/2016 12:53:10 PM   
Jaingar

Watching Hindi Video songs.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2034
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/17/2016 12:17:12 AM   
AbwehrX

quote:

Watching Hindi Video songs.

Indeed-

The Indian Tomb - Debra Paget - Snake Dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWKeSgv3oDw

(in reply to Jaingar)
Post #: 2035
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/17/2016 12:37:12 AM   
AbwehrX

Bollywood Compilation: The India's biggest Stars of song and dance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFDpC_BaDbc

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 2036
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/23/2016 7:41:16 PM   
Orm

The French League Cup final.

(in reply to AbwehrX)
Post #: 2037
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/23/2016 8:55:25 PM   
Orm

quote:

On a more sombre note, watched two BBC documentaries on the Easter Rising 1916 over the weekend. Very good - especially the one with Michael Portillo. The latter provided an excellent, balanced overview of what happened during that fateful week 100 years ago.

They just had a special about the Easter Rising on The Great War. Not, I suspect, as detailed as your documentaries. But still ten minutes well spent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMWP9G6gecc

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2038
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/23/2016 9:22:53 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

They just had a special about the Easter Rising on The Great War. Not, I suspect, as detailed as your documentaries. But still ten minutes well spent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMWP9G6gecc
warspite1

Well I think if you've only got a 10 minute slot to fit in and try and explain this episode, then that was a pretty balanced and fair high level summary of the situation.

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 2039
RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? - 4/24/2016 7:16:36 PM   
Kuokkanen

I've watched few YouTube videos by Metatron. He tells about ancient-medieval military equipment from armor to weapons, and he's also collector of them. This one made me laugh

You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2040
Page:   <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: What program/film/documentary are you watching now? Page: <<   < prev  66 67 [68] 69 70   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI