Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/6/2016 10:27:50 PM   
Jafele

Certainly that´s a nice addition, Berto. Specially because they´re gonna be updated like the vanilla scenarios.

Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 151
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/7/2016 11:24:43 AM   
berto

For you fans of the original AH Arab-Israeli Wars, the forthcoming ME 1.02 Open Beta UPDATE (and all future updates) will also have a Ode to Arab-Israeli Wars Terrain Mod, which attempts to recreate the original game's classic board game look:

Compare with the original board game (see the A panel in the following image):

The AIW Terrain Mod only applies to 2D Zoom-In View (4), however. At the other 2D zooms, the AIW scenarios revert to the standard CSME look.

24 new Alan R. Arvold Ode To Arab-Israeli Wars scenarios -- coming soon to a ME 1.02 Open Beta UPDATE near you!

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 152
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/7/2016 11:49:40 AM   
Big Ivan

Nice, Can't Wait!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 153
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/7/2016 11:51:23 AM   
berto

More goodies. The forthcoming ME 1.02 Open Beta UPDATE (and all future updates) will also include an Alternate 3D Bases mod:

I don't know about you, but I like the crisp, clean look of those unit bases. Those will be my standard 3D bases of choice from now on.

Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 154
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/7/2016 12:18:43 PM   
demyansk

Those look good, more crispness

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 155
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/7/2016 1:37:15 PM   
Big Ivan

Have to agree with you berto.

The more I looked at the screen shot the more those new bases seem to grow on me.

I thought I saw somewhere that there is a current mod for this using JSGME, I'll have to see if I can find that mod. I'm almost a 100% 3D guy when it comes to play.

These new bases are a step in the right direction. Crisp yet simple and appealing.

Thanks!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 156
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/7/2016 2:48:10 PM   
berto

With the bases less visually "busy", plainer bases help the unit graphics to stand out better.

Yes, there is this mod floating out there somewhere, but for the first time we are bundling it right there in the game. Easier to find, easier to apply.

< Message edited by berto -- 5/7/2016 3:35:55 PM >

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 157
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/7/2016 4:21:22 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

For you fans of the original AH Arab-Israeli Wars, the forthcoming ME 1.02 Open Beta UPDATE (and all future updates) will also have a Ode to Arab-Israeli Wars Terrain Mod, which attempts to recreate the original game's classic board game look:

[snip]

Having created the AIW mod myself, and never shying from a walk in the memory lane, the scenarios don't look half bad on our stock terrain either. Note the new lighlty modified Menubar icons for what we hope for a bit extra clarity.

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 158
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/8/2016 6:38:40 PM   
Jason Petho

Here is an except from the 1.02 manual of the revisions/changes/additions

We plan on releasing the it as an open beta relatively shortly, and then officially releasing it in June.

Jason Petho

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 159
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/8/2016 7:26:00 PM   
demyansk

Those mods look good and all the new scenarios, thatnks jason

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 160
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/8/2016 7:28:50 PM   
Jason Petho

Keep in mind, the above is still in DRAFT, there will be corrections and revisions.

(in reply to demyansk)
Post #: 161
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/9/2016 11:29:39 PM   
carll11

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jason Petho

Keep in mind, the above is still in DRAFT, there will be corrections and revisions.

Just a reminder, as I did not see it(?), the leadership/sub-unit highlight issue where in selecting a sub unit does Not highlight a 'mounted' parent HQ unit or its carrier.

Post #: 162
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/10/2016 1:31:10 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: carl11

Just a reminder, as I did not see it(?), the leadership/sub-unit highlight issue where in selecting a sub unit does Not highlight a 'mounted' parent HQ unit or its carrier.

That will have to wait until 1.03, we're under a code freeze at the moment.

Jason Petho

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 163
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/10/2016 3:50:44 AM   
budd

are those new scenarios AI capable?

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Post #: 164
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/10/2016 4:23:24 AM   
Jason Petho

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

are those new scenarios AI capable?

C01, C02 and D01 could be played against the AI, with the intention of practicing your tactics.

I am unsure about the Arab Israeli War scenarios, they seem to be listed as H2H, but I am sure some of them could be played against the AI.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 165
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/10/2016 2:23:43 PM   
carll11

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: carl11

That will have to wait until 1.03, we're under a code freeze at the moment.

Jason Petho

When would that be, approx., the 1.03?

Post #: 166
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/10/2016 3:05:27 PM   
Jason Petho

Christmas?

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 167
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/11/2016 5:32:56 PM   
carll11

quote:

Christmas?

seriously?

Post #: 168
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/11/2016 6:36:05 PM   
Jason Petho

We have Vietnam to work on as well, so yes, once 1.02 is released we will be focusing strictly on that.

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 169
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/11/2016 6:51:36 PM   
berto

That is not to say there won't be a 1.03 Open Beta UPDATE before Christmas (like the one we've been having for 1.02); there might be. It all depends if there are truly serious game breaking bugs discovered before then. A fix for the loaded passenger org highlight might go in such an UPDATE.

But, yes, we need to prioritize work on future game titles, like VN. Work on "perfecting" ME will never end, but we really must move on.

Post #: 170
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/12/2016 3:10:30 PM   
carll11

*shrugs* I appears to me, that HQ units not highlighting, is and was a built in tried and true part of all John Tiller games( well actually every tactical strategic game on the Matrix site) and is pretty much a necessity and imho, should be part of an update before moving on or 'Focusing' on/to a new game? I know VN is coming, but we have a game in being now, I am sympathetic to the work load, but first things first, right?

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 171
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/12/2016 4:17:28 PM   
Jason Petho

Tranports never highlighted when carrying an HQ

In the JT system, there were HQ vehicles that didn't need transport, since they could drive on their own. We went a different route and made all HQs foot (well, not all, depending on the quality of the army, but most). This means it is up to the player to keep track of their HQs.

Simplest solution would be to keep them dismounted until you want to move them.

< Message edited by Jason Petho -- 5/12/2016 4:19:27 PM >

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 172
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/12/2016 5:32:08 PM   
carll11

quote:

Tranports never highlighted when carrying an HQ

In the JT system, there were HQ vehicles that didn't need transport, since they could drive on their own. We went a different route and made all HQs foot (well, not all, depending on the quality of the army, but most). This means it is up to the player to keep track of their HQs.

Simplest solution would be to keep them dismounted until you want to move them.

quote:

We went a different route and made all HQs foot (well, not all, depending on the quality of the army, but most). This means it is up to the player to keep track of their HQs.

did you intend it that way? Doesn't sound like it as a HUUUUUGE proportion of HQs were self ported( ALL mobile/armored/mech./ etc. units HQ for example) , and I think we both realize now that this present set up, re: no highlight is not very efficient, why make the game any harder..can we please highlight the Hq's?

Post #: 173
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 5/12/2016 6:26:26 PM   
Jason Petho

The HQs do highlight, you're talking of the transport for them. Two different things.

And yes, it was intentional. The better quality armies will have mobile HQs for appropriate sized formations, especially in future games (NATO vs WARSAW PACT).

(in reply to carll11)
Post #: 174
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 8/9/2016 10:14:11 AM   
Crossroads

I notice it's been a bit quiet here at our Sneak Peeks thread... Not for any lack of activity, we've been very busy working towards the new game titles. The 3D guys have been extremely busy, churning out new terrain and unit graphics for CS Vietnam, so I as our resident 2D geek have used the time to look at our 2D graphics as a whole again.

With CS Middle East the 2D terrain was a bit of a compromise between a classic boardgame map look, and of keeping up with how 3D views the CS world. No longer. I am now keeping 2D more closely in sync with our 3D, and at some stage will release a Boardgame 2D Mod as a no-compromises option for those of us who love our classic boardgames.

This has meant I need to wait still a tad before fully commencing with CS Vietnam, so I have looked at the CS biomes more closer now as they are with CS Middle East; namely the Desert and Mediterranean biomes that ship with the game.

For instance, the marshes are different between the two, for marshes in Desert terrain are salt marshes, not wet marshes. So here goes:

Spot the wooden houses there still? Not very Mediterranean, let alone Desertish (is that a word LOL). So keeping the design goal now set in a manner that supports our new uber cool Mouse Wheel Zoom (how did we ever manage without it!), I nowadays opt for a certain cohesity between the 2D and 3D views.

Here's an early example of Desert and Mediterranean 2D views in comparison to our existing 3D (city blocks still have dark grey little industrial buildings, redoing them later). Gone are the wooden village homes!

...which, incidentally, don't look that bad set in the Tropical terrain in Vietnam:

As you might have noticed, the three biomes have their own clear hex tiles as well, all created anew based on their respective 3D terrain hexes. (There's the three ground conditions as well: Normal, Soft, and Mud. More of those later).

All this remains very much work-in-progress, but we've not really worried about showing incomplete stuff so far so here goes. Just remember, this is all incomplete stuff at the moment

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 8/9/2016 10:43:01 AM >

Post #: 175
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 8/9/2016 10:18:30 AM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads
I am now keeping 2D more closely in sync with our 3D, and at some stage will release a Boardgame 2D Mod as a no-compromises option for those of us who love our classic boardgames.

Haven't really got into that one at all yet, besides some very quick and innocent fun to see how different it might look, from the stuff I showed above.

Here I've changed only the basic clear terrain hexes to a white(ish) boardgame hex grid, and then put in some new marsh and swamp mock-up tiles in a manner they might appear in an old boardgame map.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 8/9/2016 10:49:51 AM >

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 176
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 8/28/2016 11:25:33 AM   
Crossroads

Mouse Wheel's been a revelation. I am continuing to provide 1.03 with more of a feel so when the Mouse Wheel switches from 3D to 2D, it would feel like switching from a low flying aircraft to a high-flying one.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

... marshes in Desert terrain are salt marshes, not wet marshes ...

Desert also's got sand colored Rough, not gray, rock-like colors like Mediterranean. Tweaking the tiles later too, but let us color them similar first. New Shrub and Vineyards get a first new feel as well. Previous Vineyard tiles in the left pic above.

< Message edited by Crossroads -- 8/28/2016 7:21:52 PM >

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 177
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 8/29/2016 5:39:42 PM   
Crossroads

Here's another little update report on 1.03 terrain.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 178
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/8/2016 9:48:54 PM   
berto

Despite our recent reticence (I like the sound of that ), nobody should think that we at the CS Legion are resting on our laurels, sitting on our hands. No, we are working furiously behind the scenes on Series improvements.

All will be revealed in the fullness of time. Until then ...

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 179
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 9/9/2016 4:41:26 AM   
zakblood

it's looking good

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI