Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Japanese full campaign without industry management

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese full campaign without industry management Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/14/2017 12:05:14 PM   
Kokubokan

Hi, guys.

It's possible to play a japanese full campaign without industry management?

Any mod maybe?

Thanks in advance.

Post #: 1
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/14/2017 12:14:47 PM   
Puhis

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kokubokan

It's possible to play a japanese full campaign without industry management?

No. If you don't manage the industry, you're totally screwed.

(in reply to Kokubokan)
Post #: 2
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/14/2017 12:21:53 PM   
Alpha77

Well one can disregard some aspects eg. managing ship builds (just let them build as designed do not stop or accelerate) as well research: All planes will arrive at pre-defined dates then....

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 3
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/14/2017 12:29:53 PM   
Puhis

You have to manage ship building too, because Japan is producing more and more ships as the game advances, and shipyard points run out unless players halt some ships or expand shipyards.

Japanese player have to manage plane production too, for example Japan is not producing any carrier torpedo bombers when the game starts...

(in reply to Alpha77)
Post #: 4
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/14/2017 12:38:50 PM   
Kokubokan

Thanks to all for the responses.

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 5
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/14/2017 4:20:46 PM   
Revthought

I'm thinking of trying to teach myself Japan against the AI. Are there any digestible noob Japanese tutorial AARs out there I should read, or documentation on the Japanese economy? I found the planning spreadsheet; however, I prefer not to learn it by following someone else's "plan" exactly.

Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.

(in reply to Kokubokan)
Post #: 6
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/14/2017 6:52:50 PM   
Lokasenna

You could make a mod with production off, and defined replacement/production rates and dates for all of the aircraft... as well as every single LCU device and arrival dates for every single ship.

(in reply to Revthought)
Post #: 7
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/14/2017 8:25:04 PM   
GetAssista

Playing Japan without industry is pretty easy click-wise. One can leave things as is, not touch yards or factories, with the exception of building engine/airframe factories when they become available, and go through the campaign. Ships will be built, troops will be filled.
It will leave aside a huge part of gameplay in the form of long-term planning, and forego all possibilities to make Japan more competitive, but is doable from the get go. The end will creep sooner, so what

(in reply to Lokasenna)
Post #: 8
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/15/2017 12:03:57 PM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Puhis

You have to manage ship building too, because Japan is producing more and more ships as the game advances, and shipyard points run out unless players halt some ships or expand shipyards.

Japanese player have to manage plane production too, for example Japan is not producing any carrier torpedo bombers when the game starts...

Actually, it isn't too bad if you leave it alone. That means no accelerating any CV's etc.

You'll run into a few periods of bottle necks in 42/43, but nothing too serious.

If you wish to run a hand's off game on the economy you can. The only real thing you will want to do is once the Ha-45 is available, build some more factories or you will not be able to build anywhere near the number of Franks that were actually built.

For the other aircraft, you will be chronically short compared to history because you will find the AI is FAR more aggressive with air combat compared to most players, which is already greater than historical figures ... so it will be a tough game ... enjoy.

< Message edited by PaxMondo -- 1/15/2017 12:04:15 PM >

Pax

(in reply to Puhis)
Post #: 9
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/16/2017 12:55:03 AM   
geofflambert

Logistics is pretty central to this game, and for the Japanese production as well. It's hard for me to imagine developing a winning strategy that does not involve making major decisions about what you would do differently than they did historically in terms of ships and planes. I know there aren't enough explosions for some in this game and there's no sex whatsoever unless you're looking at the American plane art. Just knuckle down and bury yourself in production, both for ships and planes. The rest, LCU devices and stuff like that is pretty simple and you can set it up at the get go then forget about it.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 10
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/16/2017 1:59:42 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Logistics is pretty central to this game, and for the Japanese production as well. ...

+1

Pax

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 11
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/16/2017 8:46:47 PM   
rustysi

I know it can be difficult to learn how to manage the Japanese economy, but without it you 'lose' an entire aspect of the game. Keep in mind that even if you ignore the economy you still need to haul its inputs back to the HI.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 12
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/17/2017 11:41:38 AM   
RFalvo69

I never played a Japanese full campaign due to the need of managing the production (admittedly, I do that and more in Hearts of Iron III, but because other parts of that game are simpler; the same with the boardgame version of World in Flames).

I'm reading this thread with interest, and I could give a whirl to the Japanese. Having said that, some of the suggestions here could have been automated by an AI (not a Mod, I think that the thing would need to be hard-coded) and offered to the Japanese player as an option. Obviously against a human player you need all the help that you can get, but, personally, I think that an added layer of difficulty when playing vs. the AI (you have to fight with what you get) would be welcomed.

My 2 cents

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 13
RE: Japanese full campaign without industry management - 1/17/2017 12:39:05 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert
and there's no sex whatsoever

Kind of goes without saying. Those that buy the game can say goodbye to many different aspects of their 'normal' life. This one is scarcely different.

(in reply to geofflambert)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Japanese full campaign without industry management Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI