Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 11/13/2016 1:39:27 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

I'm a NATO symbol guy as well, but gotta admit the new counters really shine, am getting used to them, options, gotta love 'em!

NATO symbol guy myself as well Gotta love'em options, though!

(in reply to Warhorse)
Post #: 211
RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 11/13/2016 1:50:04 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: 76mm

What are the "chits" for that you show for the Polish units? And what are the two types of chit for? Are they simply variants or are they intended for different sides, etc.? (I've never seen the symbol on the lower set of chits--looks like the Polish Navy!.)

The two variants are for the regular Polish Army, and then the Polish Home Army (Armia Krajowa) of the resistance movement. When playing with Standard Counters, one will see a plain, smaller counter for both. Then, for some additional counters, under Options you can select Alternate counters, which are these sets. Each unit has a pointer to a counter cell it is using, so in this instance the regular army platoons will use the upper row, and the Home Army platoons will use the lower ones.

I hope that makes sense.

Here's what I meant.

• On left: Standard Counters, NATO symbols.
  • On right: Alternate Counters, 2D Unit Profiles. With 1.03, there'll be an option for something similar to 3D Unit Images on counters as well.

In other words:

• Two types of counters to choose from; Std and Alt. Both easily moddable, mind.
  • Three types of unit graphics to choose from; NATO, 2D Profiles, 3D Images.

Hope this makes more sense now.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Crossroads)
  • Post #: 212
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 11/13/2016 1:50:54 PM   
    Crossroads

With 1.03, the Alternate Counters will have more chrome, as seen in the mock-ups. And a couple of more surpises

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 213
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 11/13/2016 2:18:58 PM   
    Big Ivan

Nice Crossroads, Nice!!!

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 214
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 11/13/2016 4:51:59 PM   
    76mm

I'm feeling a bit dense, but don't see much of a difference between the normal and alt counters--it looks like the alt counters have a beveled edge or frame around the edge--is that the main difference, or is there something else?

(in reply to Big Ivan)
    Post #: 215
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 11/13/2016 5:55:47 PM   
    Crossroads

The current Alt counters are a bit larger, with a bevel, and a NATO symbol for special unit (idea being these are used with 2D profiles). In the sample, the British Paras and Mech Inf have the NATO symbol in background.

(in reply to 76mm)
    Post #: 216
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 11/13/2016 5:56:35 PM   
    Crossroads

So yes, not much.

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 217
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/22/2017 8:28:51 PM   
    berto

Actual size:

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by berto -- 1/22/2017 8:29:37 PM >

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
    Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
    Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 218
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/22/2017 9:14:51 PM   
    dox44

wow thats nice. the size is perfect...

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 219
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/23/2017 1:14:09 AM   
    76mm

Personally I'm not a fan of the 3D-look, but I do like the new mine and wire markers!

(in reply to dox44)
    Post #: 220
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/23/2017 5:20:26 AM   
    Crossroads

Thanks guys,

We're really excited to introduce the new 2D Zoom-in level, it brings back the tactical to the series, doesn't it. With screen resolution having gone up all the time, the previous views got smaller and smaller over the years. What we have now are:

• 2D Zoom-In View, or 2D150 (150% size), above
  • 2D Normal View, or 2D100 (100%, the previous Zoom-In)
  • 2D Zoom-Out View, or 2D075
  • 2D Extreme Zoom-Out View, or 2D050 (the largest view from the previous JTCS series )
  • 2D Strategic View, or 2D025

This meant all the 2D terrain was redone, with larger size as a working template. There's more detail available as a result, hopefully you like them. The above screenshot is from Golan Heights I presume, so it is not that dark normally, this is higher elevation.

As for the counters, those are the new Alternate counters, redesigned to be used with the 3D unit images, as above. The Standard counters continue to be smaller, and with no watermarks or anything. Just like they are now.

Counter art is now with three options:

• NATO symbols continue to be supported,
  • As do the 2D unit profiles
  • 3D unit images are the new option, and for the first time 2D view now has a unit facing, handy if you prefer to play with Armor Facing optional rule right.

Icons are revisited as well. The number of icons is almost double now, not for the sake of it, but to visually introduce game features otherwise had to be discovered from Menu or from manual. They come in three sizes as previously, here is the Large option. They continue to have Tooltip text available when hovered over with cursor.

They are now designed with Color Blindness guidelines, no more green and red intermixing. Instead, contrast does the job. Also it should be easier now to observe which items are toggled ON, as they really stand out from the ones not.

(in reply to 76mm)
  • Post #: 221
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/23/2017 5:30:39 AM   
    Crossroads

Here's some Libyans vs Brits action from Desert for comparison:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 222
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/23/2017 5:34:59 AM   
    Crossroads

Same with NATO symbols on Std counters. NATO icons have not yet been tidied, these are the result from having just magnified them from 2D100 to 2D150, scaling up is always a bit of an issue. But there you go, just showing how they'll pan out eventually. Work in progress until it ain't

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 223
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/23/2017 5:36:57 AM   
    Crossroads

Here's the new 2D Normal View, or what was the previous 2D Zoom-In View, with the new terrain.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 224
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/23/2017 7:30:02 AM   
    Big Ivan

Very nice gentlemen!

I am impressed and 2D facing thrown in to boot! Sweet, very Sweet!

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 225
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/23/2017 1:50:15 PM   
    dox44

NATO counters are my preference--great job! terrain is really good.

can't wait.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
    Post #: 226
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/23/2017 3:52:39 PM   
    scottintacoma

I like the new counters, and that they have facing in the 2d again.

(in reply to dox44)
    Post #: 227
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/25/2017 8:30:28 PM   
    comte

Berto I like the new icons and tool bar in your screenshot.

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

-Machiavelli, Il Principe, Book III-

(in reply to scottintacoma)
    Post #: 228
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 10:45:08 AM   
    demyansk

Nice job with those views

(in reply to comte)
    Post #: 229
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 2:42:05 PM   
    berto

More sneak peeks, works-in-progress. How many new features can you spot?

Attachment (1)

Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
    Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to demyansk)
    Post #: 230
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 3:50:42 PM   
    comte

Nice Map of Hue in South Vietnam

< Message edited by Aces8 -- 1/28/2017 3:51:25 PM >

But when Territories are acquired in regions where there are differences in language, customs, and laws then great good fortune and much hard work are required to hold them.

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 231
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 4:56:12 PM   
    berto

A fictional, modified map of Hue, with some of the new features arbitrarily hacked in.

(in reply to comte)
    Post #: 232
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 5:25:49 PM   
    Big Ivan

Darn it berto, quit it!

Now my mouth is watering...

Lets see how many new terrain types I can spot: meadow, produce field, airfield, colored dirt, major river, major river shallow,
    major canal shallow, canal, canal shallow, thicket, minor river join, stream join.

Holy Hanna, that's 12 new terrain types at least and a "boss" looking toolbar to boot!

When CS Vietnam comes out, do you think Matrix would mind if I bought 2 copies just in case one gets lost or worn out?

Big Ivan

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 233
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 5:32:36 PM   
    Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: Big Ivan

Darn it berto, quit it!

I'll continue then

Three summer Ground Conditions, three Winter Ground Conditions

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Big Ivan)
    Post #: 234
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 5:34:34 PM   
    berto

quote:

Lets see how many new terrain types I can spot: meadow, produce field, airfield, colored dirt, major river, major river shallow,
    major canal shallow, canal, canal shallow, thicket, minor river join, stream join.

Holy Hanna, that's 12 new terrain types at least and a "boss" looking toolbar to boot!

You missed a few. Where's Waldo?

quote:

When CS Vietnam comes out, do you think Matrix would mind if I bought 2 copies just in case one gets lost or worn out?

Why not? It'll make a great stocking stuffer too.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
    Post #: 235
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 6:21:41 PM   
    Big Ivan

Well Crossroads and berto,

Your forcing me to make a decision and maybe retire early!

Can't let the darn day job get in the way of what's coming over the horizon for CS.

I can see the Matrix Headline in the future:

"Welcome to The Mega Campaign Series. The absolute last and final word in tactical war gaming for the personal computer!!"

"Millions of maps, organizations and scenarios spanning a time line from 1860 to 1985. Fight the American Civil War, World War I, World War II, Korean War,
    The Arab-Israeli Wars and countless other engagements real or make believe. Fight over the face of the entire earth from the North Pole to the South Pole, from the Urals to the Alps to the Rockies! Includes terrain
    found on all seven continents with organizations for over 500 countries and combatants!"

"ONCE YOU TURN THIS GAME ON YOU WILL NEVER SHUT IT OFF!" "For just a poultry $2500 price tag you can be sitting in the driver's seat of the greatest war engine ever produced!" "GUARENTEED TO DEPRIVE YOU OF SLEEP FOR YEARS TO COME!"

OK, I'll stop but its nice to dream a little...

But I have to admit there is some good stuff coming for CS, nuff said!

Big Ivan

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 236
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 7:56:52 PM   
    budd

Not to be poetic or anything........ thats Friggin Sweet ......I'm just not sure whether it cool or cruel to show us, cant wait...first day purchase .

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
    I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
    Post #: 237
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/28/2017 11:24:52 PM   
    berto

quote:

Fight over the face of the entire earth from the North Pole to the South Pole, from the Urals to the Alps to the Rockies! Includes terrain
    found on all seven continents...

// Definition of region values.

enum RegionValue {

XDefaultRegion = -1, // all games
    XWestEurope, // WF, CW
    XEastEurope, // EF, CW
    XSouthEurope, // WF, CW
    XWestAsia, // ME, CW
    XEastAsia, // PF, VN, CW
    XSouthAsia, // PF, CW
    XNorthAfrica, // WF, ME, CW
    XAfrica, // CW
    XLatinAmerica, // CW
    XPacific // PF, CW

};

const int NumRegions = XPacific + 1; // excluding XDefaultRegion

// Definition of biome values.

enum BiomeValue {

XDefaultBiome = -1, // all games
    XTemperateForest, // EF, WF, PF, VN, CW
    XTemperateGrassland, // EF, PF, CW
    XMediterranean, // WF, ME, CW
    XDesert, // WF, ME, CW
    XTropicalRainforest, // PF, VN, CW
    XSubTropicalForest, // PF, VN, CW
    XTaiga, // EF, WF, CW
    XTundra, // EF, WF, PF, CW
    XAlpine // WF, CW

};

const int NumBiomes = XAlpine + 1; // excluding XDefaultBiome

(in reply to Big Ivan)
    Post #: 238
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/29/2017 1:01:31 AM   
    Jason Petho

CW = Cold War

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 239
    RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress - 1/29/2017 11:08:13 AM   
    comte

Really looking forward to your Vietnam title a day one purchase. I am still playing CS Middle East PBEM all the time.

(in reply to Jason Petho)
    Post #: 240
    Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Campaign Series: Middle East 1948-1985 >> RE: Sneak Peeks, Coming Attractions, Works-In-Progress Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI