Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 5/5/2003 1:50:52 AM   
Gallo Rojo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Perfectionistul
[B]Exactly what do you mean by "This is the final release version of H2H."? :confused: No more updates? :o [/B][/QUOTE]

Paul Veber said that SPWaW is not anymore a priority for Matrix. They are working on Combat Leader ... this will be the new release ... Good News are that this new game will have a lot of improvenments ... Bad news are that it won't be for free and that it will be only for Eastern Front (at least at the begining) ... I like to play Eastern Front, so that's not a big trouble for me ...

Regarding SPH2H ... I don't know if will be new releases ... PzLeo had said that the CURRET version was the FINAL version ... but now he is working on a new one ... so ... may be ... who knows ... ;)

The bayonet is a weapon with a worker on each end

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 211
- 5/5/2003 2:25:38 AM   
Perfectionistul

Thanks again Gallo Rojo. Do you know when the current H2H was released?

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 212
- 5/5/2003 3:37:30 AM   
Gallo Rojo

[B]Thanks again Gallo Rojo. [/B][/QUOTE]

Please, Don't mention it! :)

[B]
Do you know when the current H2H was released? [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know ... but a lot of people have asked ... so may be PzLeo will ansewer this soon.

cheers.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 213
- 5/5/2003 3:45:43 AM   
Gallo Rojo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]Do you have any control over the process of deciding what ammo is fired in a given situation? It is really annoying when a tank wastes HEAT or APCR ammo when regular AP will do the trick. [/B][/QUOTE]

No, you haven’t. The game selects the ammo. But in my experience it picks the ammo pretty wisely. It shoots APCR only when the target is at a range in which APCR can kill it. And don’t use APCR if the AP can make the job.
If you see that your tank is using APCR at a range that regular AP could do the job, that’s probably because you’re shooting your target from a very acute angle.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 214
- 5/5/2003 3:57:22 AM   
Irinami

If you really want to you could Z-fire the hex to bombard it with HE. So if you're attacking a little scout car with 1-2 armor, you might consider trying this tact. Not very effective at destroying, but it is allright for general chaos.

Newbies!!
Wild Bill's Tanks at Munda Mini-Campaign. The training campaign for comb

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 215
- 5/5/2003 6:16:34 AM   
otto

Thanks for helping but still no luck for me. Maybe I have a browser setting preventing it, I'll investigate.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 216
- 5/5/2003 6:43:49 AM   
Gallo Rojo

[B]REGARDING THE MAP [/B]

Ok, I have the map already done :cool:

It’s a large (100x200) map of Stalingrad Residential Area (Down-Town -with references such as street & building names-, Train Stations, Ferry area, Southern Suburbs, Mamayev Kurgan and a section of the airfield on north). I did the down town area using row-houses and side walks, and I employed some Tracer & Harry’s terrain features. They are really really cool :D

Where should I send you? I have this email address from you: joerg.loewenstein*gmx.de (I changed the @ for a * so your address doesn’t be “captured” by advertiser’s email-addresses-hunters).

But I don’t know whether it works or not. If you like, send me and email so I have your email (my address appears in my profile).

Or I can post the file here, if you prefer.

Please, take a look to the map when I sent it to you and tell me if you like it to be included in the new H2H release or not … If you like it, I can hurry with my next Stalingrad Map about the Northern-Industrial part of the city (Lazur Chemical, Red Barricady, Red October, Spartakova, Tractor Factory and Mamavev Kurgan on south). This new map will have 100x180, so again, I can hurry up with it if you’re interested (please: tell me when the dead-line is; as this map is very large it takes a lot of time … “residential Stalingrad” toke me around 24 hours …. Not all together, of course ;) ).

I’ll probably post asking help with some German words (I have a couple of maps and photographs that has very detailed data, but they are in German).

[B]REGARDING SMOKE [/B]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PzLeo
[B]
The smoke ammo thing:
I have no concerns gameplay wise...the shots give to medium tanks are 1-4 and firing all of them in a single turn isn't anything I would consider unrealistic, as Charles showed.
As far as all my researches showed, it was very common for German tanks to carry smoke rounds, especially for the Pz IV [/B][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Charles_22
[B]
It seems to me that the main question here is one of reload times for shells. Since there is no time difference currently in where you place your shots, be that one at 50 yards and then another at 2000, and also that there's no time difference as to the extremes that turret rotation may have to go through if you kept switching targets between the front and the rear, the matter of smoke shells is still even less demanding timewise I would think. [/B][/QUOTE]

If I understood, what Charles22 says is that shooting smoke was easier and faster than shooting regular AP or HE shells against a given target; therefore shooting smoke is a kind of “free shot” …
Even assuming that it were like this I still have problems with how this works in SPWaW … My problem is that if shooting smoke is a sort of “free shoot”, it should be any time during the turn, not only after have shouted all the regular shoots.

The problem is that this “free shoot” stuff happens only if I shoot the smoke after have shouted my regular shoots … I mean: If I shoot a smoke round while I still have shoots, I lost one shoot (I pay the “opportunity cost” of shooting smoke instead of a regular AP or HE round), but If I shoot smoke after have wasted all the regular shoots, then I have a “free shoot”.

Example: let’s suppose that I have a PzIVh with 3 shoots and 4 smoke cartridges.
If I shoot my 3 shoots against another tanks (“T” targets), after have done this I still can shoot my 3 smoke shoots one after the other as “free shoots” … Ok …
Now, if I decide beginning by shooting a smoke-shoot … well, my shoots decrease from 3 to 2 … What happened with the “free shoot”? Is it faster to load and shoot a smoke-cartridge after shooting all my regular shoots than doing it before? I don’t think so … And I can’t forget the fact that SPWaW is the only Steel Panthers Series game in which this happens.

That’s why I think that it’s a kind of bug.

Having say that, if Germans medium tanks carried smoke ammo, then I agree that they must have smoke ammo in the game … So let’s forget about all this discussion and move forward :D

[B]REGARDING OTHER STUFF [/B]

[B]
To avoid some misunderstanding: There was no raise of 10% across the board for the major nations, but a general reeavluation of the ratings and a raise of the max values applied to the best nations to get a wider spread. [/B][/QUOTE]

Sorry, my mistake :(

[B]
The T-34m42 is the later model and after looking into my icon bag, I found a cool icon for every T-34 now (means 8 of 8) [/B][/QUOTE]

Did you say 8 of 8? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 217
- 5/5/2003 6:54:44 AM   
Gallo Rojo

[QUOTE]Originally posted by otto
[B]Thanks for helping but still no luck for me. Maybe I have a browser setting preventing it, I'll investigate. [/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know if you have tried this:
Go to "Tools" in your Internet Explorer menu.
go to "Internet Options", and then to "Privacy" lavel and reduce the security level ... see if it works. (restore your security level after have downloaded the file).

good luck!

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 218
Hall or Fame - 5/5/2003 6:56:26 AM   
Gallo Rojo

Hey ... this Thread should go to the "Hall of Fame" forum, don't you think? :D

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 219
- 5/6/2003 6:26:05 AM   
Charles2222

Gallo Rojo:
quote:

If I understood, what Charles22 says is that shooting smoke was easier and faster than shooting regular AP or HE shells against a given target; therefore shooting smoke is a kind of “free shot” …
Even assuming that it were like this I still have problems with how this works in SPWaW … My problem is that if shooting smoke is a sort of “free shoot”, it should be any time during the turn, not only after have shouted all the regular shoots.

You're definitely right there, it is goofy, but it's probably larger mistake to eliminate smoke ammo than it is to leave it in the goofy manner it is. If someone could fix it too either never cost a shot, or better yet, always count one half a shot, the better it would be. Of course I strongly suspect that the shot counter doesn't operate on fractions, or even if it did that would likely require doing changes to the menus.

(in reply to Panzer Leo)
Post #: 220
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  4 5 6 7 [8]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI