Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Replay of AI Turn

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Replay of AI Turn Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Replay of AI Turn - 7/9/2017 10:57:08 PM   
norvandave

Hubert, I have written about this some time ago. During the long AI turns I go and do other things and then come back to the computer for my turn when the AI is completed. Doing that however means that I miss all of the navel and air attacks that occur during the AI turn, which is a serious disadvantage. It would be REALLY great if I could replay the AI turn so that I could see what I missed. I'm sure many AI players will agree with this request.

I have been with the SC games right from SC1, SC2 and all the modules. Keep up the good work.

-Dave.

First there is a mountain, then there is no mountain, then there is.
Post #: 1
RE: Replay of AI Turn - 7/10/2017 12:23:47 AM   
nnason

I completely agree. Code is written since does for multi-player. Should be simple ass.

(in reply to norvandave)
Post #: 2
RE: Replay of AI Turn - 7/15/2017 6:18:04 AM   
norvandave

I am really quite surprised that more people did not agree with this post. What am I missing

(in reply to nnason)
Post #: 3
RE: Replay of AI Turn - 7/15/2017 11:09:25 AM   
Yogi the Great

quote:

ORIGINAL: norvandave

During the long AI turns I go and do other things and then come back to the computer for my turn when the AI is completed. Doing that however means that I miss all of the navel and air attacks that occur during the AI turn, which is a serious disadvantage. It would be REALLY great if I could replay the AI turn so that I could see what I missed. I'm sure many AI players will agree with this request.

-Dave.

Are you saving much time doing other things instead of watching just to come back and replay the AI turn after anyway?

Just having a little fun, actually being able to replay AI turns is always a nice feature to have. seeing some of the actual unit movement can be helpful too.

Hooked Since AH Gettysburg

(in reply to norvandave)
Post #: 4
RE: Replay of AI Turn - 7/15/2017 12:12:37 PM   
Ason

If you come back and want to watch it anyway, why not just wait to press "end turn" until you come back and have time to watch it ?
I wouldn't mind the feature but I really don't see why it's important, I think they should focus on more important things.

(in reply to Yogi the Great)
Post #: 5
RE: Replay of AI Turn - 7/16/2017 7:44:24 AM   
norvandave

Some AI turns take 15-20 minutes to play out. That's a lot of sitting. We could have a replay without all of the "thinking" the AI does so we can see what naval surprises happened during the AI turn that would be really useful.

(in reply to Ason)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Replay of AI Turn Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI