Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wargames we would pay to see!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Wargames we would pay to see! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 4:10:03 PM   
m10bob

Very glad to see our old favorite Steel Panthers World At War is being redone.
(It was first offered for free by Matrixgames when SPI's original Steel Panthers became incapable of working easily on Windows platform machines.)

As for other games?

Maybe fifteen years ago there was a game called "Castles" which allowed a player (or players) to build castles in detail from te ground up.
The player(s) also had the option to fight it out with other players, (or against AI players).
There were even screens of dialogue for a sense of "role play".
Te role play part IMHO was not needed.

The game also came with some BBC movie files from BBC which were very interesting, informative, and helped the flavor of that medieval era.

The player also had decisions to make, types of troops to create, livestock and agriculture to consider and the morale of "the peasants".

Many other games out there which we would pay for, so I will keep my "wish list" to just this one.

BTW, It would not need to be the actual game I mentioned, just the genre and era.

Post #: 1
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 7:33:19 PM   
bazjak

Redo WiTP with modern graphics and to work on win 10 with out any problems Nothing else needs to change as everything is already there so should be no researching of anything
Post #: 2
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 9:39:16 PM   
Alan Sharif

EASY....................... AGE OF RIFLES

A Sharif

(in reply to bazjak)
Post #: 3
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 9:47:44 PM   
warspite1

Avalon Hill's Bismarck. Just imagine what they could do with that boardgame on computer....

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 4
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 9:56:39 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Avalon Hill's Bismarck. Just imagine what they could do with that boardgame on computer....

Indeed!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 5
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 10:21:41 PM   
Lobster

Heck I'd be happy if they would fix Jutland/Distant Guns so they work like they should have in the first place.

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 6
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 10:35:00 PM   
Red2112

quote:

ORIGINAL: larrybush

I'd settle for a good realistic Space War game - Think Command: Modern Naval / air combined with TAOW IV. Good 3D star map made from real data and believable technologies. Somewhere like GDW's Space 2300.

Or I'd settle for a computer game of Avalon Hill's Longest Day!
A good Guadalcanal ground campaign game would be nice, add the naval battles too please.

"Space War Game", maybe you would like...

Children of a Dead Earth:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSoVbwyrxDk&list=PLYu7z3I8tdEn0ytB1lrz7jcY4P62zcz1A

Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/476530/Children_of_a_Dead_Earth/

Post #: 7
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 10:36:25 PM   
Fred98

Rise and Decline of the Third Reich 4th edition rules of course!

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 8
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 10:51:36 PM   
TheGrayMouser

* Steel Panthers III Brigade Command redone by Matrix or The Cammo Workshop with all the bells and whistles the squad level game got!

*Emperor of the Fading Suns, no changes at all, just put an AI in it (this time) and allow to work on modern machines.

* Star General ( yeah, that's right, the off neglected bastard of the 5 Star Series) Again, an AI that does something, and LARGER planets for ground combat, nothing else needed for "beer and pretzel" 2x game :)

*Age of Rifles. No jokes here, we just need this game back!!

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 9
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/15/2017 11:20:23 PM   
jack54

My dream games...

* Operational WW1 aviation game... it may happen if the computer version of Bloody April goes well.

* Strategic Feudal Japan or China. I'm thinking Strategic versions of 'Sengoku Jidai' or 'Mandate of Heaven' by Ageod not Total War or Oriental Empires.

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

(in reply to TheGrayMouser)
Post #: 10
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 12:34:11 AM   
James Taylor

Something in the realm of "Uncommon Valor". Starting with the Japanese invasion of the Bismarcks in early 1942 and continuing into 1944, like the time covered by "Fire in the Sky" before and after.

SeaMonkey
Post #: 11
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 1:53:32 AM   
MrsWargamer

I wish to see a Squad Leader release where EVERY current ASL nation's counter mix was done as if it had been released in Squad Leader.
And not one rule not in the Squad Leader release was crammed into the darned box.
And of course, all the current maps, but without all of the convoluted new terrain.

I've pondered doing it myself actually. It would be easier if I was the same age I was when I first bought Squad Leader though.

For the computer, hmm. I'd like a digital version of Up Front that was design wise identical to the physical board game without an AI (would likely be as dumb as they always are) and able to be played as easily as say Battle Academy is for human vs human matches. My only problem with my copy of the board game, is it is so good, my copy looks battered. Played it so much. Funny is watching 3 girls play it, one a wargamer and two entirely not wargamers :)

Wargame, 05% of the time.
Play with Barbies 05% of the time.
Play with Legos 10% of the time.
Build models 20% of the time
Shopping 60% of the time.
Exlains why I buy em more than I play em.

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 12
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 1:56:48 AM   
Rosseau

An updated Age of Rifles along the lines of Fields of Glory 2? Unlike TOAW, my memories of AoR are foggy. The game was certainly ahead of its time.

Post #: 13
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 5:07:49 AM   
wworld7

I would LOVE to see a PC version of the old Avalon Hill classics like D-Day, Afrika Korps, Waterloo etc...

These and redo of Third Reich PC (so actually ALL the normal rules work and there are NO bad hexes).

Flipper

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 14
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 10:42:17 AM   
aaatoysandmore

Strategy game overlay American Civil War game on top of Norbsoft's Civil War series. Where you move and play diplomacy on top and have real time battles with built units from the top in tactical battles around the map. Kinda like Total War but with Norb's combat engine and the American Civil War.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 15
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 10:43:34 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: flipperwasirish

I would LOVE to see a PC version of the old Avalon Hill classics like D-Day, Afrika Korps, Waterloo etc...

These and redo of Third Reich PC (so actually ALL the normal rules work and there are NO bad hexes).

Don't forget Gettysburg and Battle of the Bulge and Alexander also.

(in reply to wworld7)
Post #: 16
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 10:47:49 AM   
aaatoysandmore

Some other games I'd like to see come to pc from my childhood days made by Milton Bradley American Heritage games are: "Battlecry" (interesting american civil war game), "Broadsides" and "Dogfight"
I musta played a bajillion games of those with my childhood friends before we graduated.

Dogfight was my actual favorite. WWI air warfare has always been my favorite of any kind of wargaming. WINGS on the Amiga was the most fun but Red Baron by Sierra was the most realistic I think.

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 17
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 12:38:58 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

AH made great games, for sure.
let us not forget Panzer Blitz and Panzer Leader....

Post #: 18
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 12:41:46 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Taylor

Something in the realm of "Uncommon Valor". Starting with the Japanese invasion of the Bismarcks in early 1942 and continuing into 1944, like the time covered by "Fire in the Sky" before and after.

You literally want WITP, (or it's adult but younger brother WITP:AE.

They use the same game engine and expand UV to the entire war in the Pacific theater.

They come with scenarios and campaigns if size is an issue?

Post #: 19
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 12:51:00 PM   
Red2112

I would like to see Avalon Hill´s "Tac-Air" done. Love that game!

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 20
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 1:35:29 PM   
Greybriar

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan Sharif

EASY....................... AGE OF RIFLES

quote:

ORIGINAL: TheGrayMouser

*Age of Rifles. No jokes here, we just need this game back!!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rosseau

An updated Age of Rifles along the lines of Fields of Glory 2? Unlike TOAW, my memories of AoR are foggy. The game was certainly ahead of its time.

I'll go along with an updated Age of Rifles. But honestly, there are many, many other games worthy.

This war is not about slavery. --Robert E. Lee

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 21
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 2:32:03 PM   
m10bob

I would also like to see a game dedicated to the Korean war, which was the first real test of the U.N., and the outcome of which altered the destiny of many nations for years.
The French were unable to maintain their hold on "Indochina" as the U.S. was already committed in Korea, and therefore, France was the first major power to refuse participation in that U.N. "police action"

Many folks do not remember that in 1949 when North Korea first hit the South, the U.S. troops located there and the South Korean army were pushed all the way back to a very small perimeter around Pusan, and without a massive military build-up, South Korea would have ended right then.

I just feel that conflict deserves more than a few "scenarios", and perhaps an updating to a couple of nice games we had on the subject in the wonderful DOS days.

(in reply to Greybriar)
Post #: 22
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/16/2017 11:44:48 PM   
pzgndr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joe 98
Rise and Decline of the Third Reich 4th edition rules of course!

+1

(in reply to Fred98)
Post #: 23
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 12:18:24 AM   
wworld7

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

quote:

All the old AH classics.

Flipper

Post #: 24
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 1:51:41 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

I would also like to see a game dedicated to the Korean war, which was the first real test of the U.N., and the outcome of which altered the destiny of many nations for years.
The French were unable to maintain their hold on "Indochina" as the U.S. was already committed in Korea, and therefore, France was the first major power to refuse participation in that U.N. "police action"

Many folks do not remember that in 1949 when North Korea first hit the South, the U.S. troops located there and the South Korean army were pushed all the way back to a very small perimeter around Pusan, and without a massive military build-up, South Korea would have ended right then.

I just feel that conflict deserves more than a few "scenarios", and perhaps an updating to a couple of nice games we had on the subject in the wonderful DOS days.

Good call. I don't recall *any* efforts to put this into a modern computer wargame. That would be interesting.

A modern remake of "V.C." or other Vietnam-era game would also be a welcome entrant.

Ditto lastly to whoever said WiTP:AE II. I'd settle on a well-designed Mediterranean version of WiTP:AE.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 25
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 6:03:32 AM   
ncc1701e

On my side, I would be happy if Matrix decides to do a rebirth of Crown of Glory Emperor Edition with current graphics. Engine is great but the old graphics needs a revamp. Please Matrix...

< Message edited by ncc1701e -- 11/17/2017 6:04:01 AM >

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 26
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 6:23:29 AM   
warspite1

Well if this thread is widened to a wishlist generally and not just previous wargames re-made, then I have only two computer wargame wishes (aside from a completed MWIF). I know the first is never going to happen (although perhaps the second is maybe, perhaps possible) but that doesn't stop me dreaming....

A proper, detailed War in the Mediterranean (June 1940 - May 1943) game - naval (individual ship), air (Squadron) and land (Division/Brigade).

A proper, detailed Guadalcanal Campaign (August 1942 - February 1943) game - naval (individual ship), air (Squadron) and land (Regiment/Battalion).

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 27
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 12:38:12 PM   
JReb

+1 to Age of Rifles and all the old Avalon Hill games. Would like to add SPI's Battle for the Ardennes game. Loved that game, had 1940 and 1944 OOBs. Good times.

In general I would like to see more tactical games at the company or platoon level in any era post ACW and linear formations. Those seem most difficult to make and I have never understood why.

< Message edited by JReb -- 11/17/2017 12:46:27 PM >

My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 28
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Wargames we would pay to see! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI