Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Wargames we would pay to see!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Wargames we would pay to see! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 1:32:23 PM   
shaddock

I'd like to see GDW's Third World War - expanded to cover the whole world, naval units and rules, and expanded politics.

save the carrots; eat a vegan!

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 31
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 2:09:05 PM   
MagicMissile

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

Avalon Hill's Bismarck. Just imagine what they could do with that boardgame on computer....

I didn´t play it but I liked "Flat Top" which I also believe would be a decent computer game on a easier level then WitP for example.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 32
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 2:09:40 PM   
MagicMissile

Me too just need to win the lottery and it will be done

(in reply to shaddock)
Post #: 33
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 3:16:27 PM   
jack54

I may have misunderstood this thread and previously posted kind of a wish list; If we are talking board-game re-makes for the PC...

I'd pay for

* Bloody April 1917 - Air War of Arras France. (Terry Simo)

* Empire of the Sun - the Pacific War 1941-1945 (Mark Herman)

* Downtown- Air war over Hanoi 1965-1972 (Lee Brimmicombe-Wood)

and maybe *Elusive Victory- Air War over the Suez Canal 1967 to 1973 (Terry Simo)

All are board-games by GMT. I'm surprised by the number of air combat games I picked but I think the PC FOW would really work as opposed to using dummy counters.

< Message edited by jack54 -- 11/17/2017 3:30:04 PM >

Avatar: Me borrowing Albert Ball's Nieuport 17

Counter from Bloody April by Terry Simo (GMT)

(in reply to MagicMissile)
Post #: 34
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 4:05:09 PM   
Mobeer

NWS's "Rule the Waves" with graphics fit for the 80s, or maybe even 90s.

(in reply to jack54)
Post #: 35
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 9:47:13 PM   
jamespcrowley

A game in which the AI can handle a half decent attack (yet to see one); where you have to give realistic military style orders that take time to change (Ditto); where there is a proper command and control system that imposes real limits as to who you can give orders to (ditto); that imposes sensible limits to casualties before units call off suicidal attacks (ditto).
One can dream.

Cheers

Jim

(in reply to Mobeer)
Post #: 36
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/17/2017 10:02:03 PM   
toomutch

quote:

I'd like to see GDW's Third World War - expanded to cover the whole world, naval units and rules, and expanded politics.

This is my first post on this forum, the above is definitely one I would love to see and play, there needs to be a good divisional level Third World War game.

Post #: 37
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/19/2017 7:14:16 PM   
Hexagon

-A modernized version of "Age of Rifles"

-A modernized version of Steel Panthers (someday we are going to see a pic from Steel Tigers )

-A modernized version of "Age of Sail II" (with luck we can see it in next years, part anounce of Age of Sail III and that i know a guy want work in a nap naval title after release his last ancient naval battles game hehehe).

-An operatinal-strategic game covering WWI air combat with research-production-creation of units-control over front use of air units, here i think in a mix of HPS "Defending the reich" with the turns like for RAF player, you give orders and turns are resolved in WEGO style but with level of detail of Gribsby air games.

I really want see the WWI title because the air operational-stragic wargames are rare for PC and if we talk about WWI...

(in reply to toomutch)
Post #: 38
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/19/2017 9:21:36 PM   
mikkey

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Taylor
Something in the realm of "Uncommon Valor". Starting with the Japanese invasion of the Bismarcks in early 1942 and continuing into 1944, like the time covered by "Fire in the Sky" before and after.
+1 for new versions of UV and Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich

(in reply to James Taylor)
Post #: 39
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/26/2017 9:25:56 AM   
gabeeg

Since we have a new Steel Panthers remake coming up my next wishes would be Tactical Naval and Tactical Air combat games

Age of Sail, Russo-WWI, WWII naval warfare...I cannot get enough and we have an ancient title now in Mare Nostrum, we need to keep it going. I still play Age of Sail to get my fix...would love a remake. Real time is fine...but...I sure would like a system that would allow PBEM. NWS has done a great job but they are limited to one man developers with limited resources and time. Matrix is just the company we need to make a nice looking, detailed series of tactical naval simulations.

Tactical air war of the WWI and WWII periods is even less represented than naval warfare! I would think that it would lend itself really well to a computer simulation (not a 3D simulator...we have those). There are plenty of great board games that could be ported. Again, I would really like to see them PBEM capable as well.

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 40
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/27/2017 2:19:17 AM   
Gilmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: MagicMissile

quote:

Avalon Hill's Bismarck. Just imagine what they could do with that boardgame on computer....

I didn´t play it but I liked "Flat Top" which I also believe would be a decent computer game on a easier level then WitP for example.

I bought it as a 12 year old and never got to play it. I think my mother threw it out when I left for college. She threw away a lot of my stuff.

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."
He that has a mind to fight, let him fight, for now is the time. - Anacreon

Post #: 41
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/27/2017 2:21:14 AM   
Gilmer

A really large WiTp-AE type style game for D-Day. Something that is as big as that and takes as long to learn to play.

And a FUN Hundred Years War. I used to campaign for Ageod to build a HYW game, but I don't think their engine could do it. I don't know if any engine could do it. But that is what I want. It may be a pipe dream, but there you go.

"Venimus, vidimus, Deus vicit" John III Sobieski as he entered Vienna on 9/11/1683. "I came, I saw, God conquered."

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 42
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/27/2017 4:30:56 AM   
PoorOldSpike

The 'Starship Troopers' boardgame was quite popular 40 years ago (yes I'm THAT old and was just a callow youth back then), so maybe it could be re-done for modern computers?

PS- Here's a pic from the pre-home computer stone age, me (on right) and Gaz Newton with some of the boardgames we used to play in the 1970's/80's-

< Message edited by PoorOldSpike -- 11/27/2017 4:40:18 AM >

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 43
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/27/2017 5:59:04 AM   
Zap

Ha, ha, great picture from your youth PoorOldspike thanks for sharing. Was the pistol used to mediate rule disagreements

< Message edited by Zap -- 11/27/2017 6:00:21 AM >

(in reply to PoorOldSpike)
Post #: 44
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/27/2017 6:54:26 AM   
Zecke

will be great to have many many board-games of HPs SIMULATIONS

http://www.hpssims.com/

especially the Panzer Campaigns

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 45
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/27/2017 7:01:54 AM   
goodwoodrw

I would pay a good sum for war games that had really good supply rules. Make it important to defend supply routes such as sea convoys, Transit areas, Transit points, truck and rail routes. Be able to have real interdiction missions, TOAW comes close with interdiction of supplies, want more control not just theatre percentages. If units run out of supply they stop shooting or moving like in Panzer Corps. Don't like abstracted rules like out of supply, so units fight at half strength etc etc. I can vaguely recall in my reserve days in the early seventies being told for every soldier at the pointy end seven more are required to keep them there. I want to wage war on these guys, but not with abstract rules lets really shoot at them

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 46
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/27/2017 2:45:27 PM   
Rising-Sun

Great Naval Battles
War in the Pacific

Anything that related to WWII in the Pacific.

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 47
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/27/2017 5:52:55 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: goodwoodrw

I would pay a good sum for war games that had really good supply rules. Make it important to defend supply routes such as sea convoys, Transit areas, Transit points, truck and rail routes. Be able to have real interdiction missions, TOAW comes close with interdiction of supplies, want more control not just theatre percentages. If units run out of supply they stop shooting or moving like in Panzer Corps. Don't like abstracted rules like out of supply, so units fight at half strength etc etc. I can vaguely recall in my reserve days in the early seventies being told for every soldier at the pointy end seven more are required to keep them there. I want to wage war on these guys, but not with abstract rules lets really shoot at them
warspite1

Sounds like War in the Mediterranean June 1940 - May 1943 to me

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 48
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/27/2017 9:53:59 PM   
goodwoodrw

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Not heard of that title, is it computer or board game?

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 49
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/28/2017 4:48:44 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Not heard of that title, is it computer or board game?
warspite1

Sadly neither. This is a war game that, by almost any measure, by any definition, by any standard, should be made. Sadly the one measure it fails on is that its not the Pacific, The Bulge, The East Front. Therefore it fails on economics and you can't get around that.

So a theatre of war that is one of the most interesting of WWII, a war that could have gone either way, a war that would appeal to land and naval war players alike, will never get made. Such a shame.

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 50
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/28/2017 5:44:54 AM   
wodin

Streets of Stalingrad.

Two Hour Wargames NUTS and Expansions.

Wings of Glory

UpFront

Someone to get hold of Squad Battles source code and turn it into the best turn based tac game around.

Car Wars (not a wargame but still has combat)

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 51
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/28/2017 2:13:35 PM   
PoorOldSpike

There's certainly a gap in the market (as far as I know) for a Prehistoric Wargame where tribes struggle to survive in combat against rival tribes and dinosaurs.
Victory points could be scored on a scale of how dangerous a beast is, for example a T Rex kill would rack up big points-

"Ugh...me no like you...ugh"

< Message edited by PoorOldSpike -- 11/28/2017 2:16:20 PM >

(in reply to JReb)
Post #: 52
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/28/2017 4:40:44 PM   
Gilmer

quote:

ORIGINAL: PoorOldSpike

There's certainly a gap in the market (as far as I know) for a Prehistoric Wargame where tribes struggle to survive in combat against rival tribes and dinosaurs.
Victory points could be scored on a scale of how dangerous a beast is, for example a T Rex kill would rack up big points-

I'd like a Civ type game of that from the earliest time, but it would be much much more detailed than Civ and even having said that would be simple still like Civ 1. A tech tree that was 10 times as big as Civ 1's. But without all the added crap they added in later versions.

(in reply to PoorOldSpike)
Post #: 53
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/28/2017 5:09:47 PM   
Zecke

quote:

ORIGINAL: KurtC

quote:

I'd like a Civ type game of that from the earliest time, but it would be much much more detailed than Civ and even having said that would be simple still like Civ 1. A tech tree that was 10 times as big as Civ 1's. But without all the added crap they added in later versions.

CIV-1; is one of the greatest game EVER made; the three-tech dont mind too me wonder¡ but the WONDERS they could be more (thouse make you missile in XIX)

(in reply to Gilmer)
Post #: 54
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/28/2017 5:18:45 PM   
RFalvo69

A modernised version of Flight Commander 2, with a 1950-2020 roster.

"Yes darling, I served in the Navy for eight years. I was a cook..."
"Oh dad... so you were a God-damned cook?"

(My 10 years old daughter after watching "The Hunt for Red October")

(in reply to Zecke)
Post #: 55
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/28/2017 6:01:34 PM   
Zecke

quote:

ORIGINAL: RisingSun

Great Naval Battles
War in the Pacific

Anything that related to WWII in the Pacific.

GREAT NAVAL BATTLES (your right)..especially Guadalcanal on Floppys i have them like a treasure.

(in reply to Rising-Sun)
Post #: 56
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/28/2017 7:39:05 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zecke

quote:

quote:

CIV-1; is one of the greatest game EVER made; the three-tech dont mind too me wonder¡ but the WONDERS they could be more (thouse make you missile in XIX)

About 10 years ago Sid Meier tried to develop a Dinosaur game for his son; but abandoned it because it wasn't fun.

(in reply to Zecke)
Post #: 57
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/29/2017 1:22:57 AM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: aaatoysandmore

Strategy game overlay American Civil War game on top of Norbsoft's Civil War series. Where you move and play diplomacy on top and have real time battles with built units from the top in tactical battles around the map. Kinda like Total War but with Norb's combat engine and the American Civil War.

I second this idea pus a CW naval component

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 58
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/29/2017 2:41:58 PM   
m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

About 10 years ago Sid Meier tried to develop a Dinosaur game for his son; but abandoned it because it wasn't fun.

"CRUSH,CRUMBLE and CHOMP" would be so awesome!!!(Had it on the Commodore 64 IIRC?)

(in reply to Zorch)
Post #: 59
RE: Wargames we would pay to see! - 11/29/2017 4:01:14 PM   
Zorch

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zorch

quote:

quote:

quote:

"CRUSH,CRUMBLE and CHOMP" would be so awesome!!!(Had it on the Commodore 64 IIRC?)

+1 I had the boardgame.

(in reply to m10bob)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Wargames we would pay to see! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI