Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

modeling elite forces?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> modeling elite forces? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
modeling elite forces? - 12/26/2017 12:43:32 PM   
MasterChief81

Trying to set up a couple scenarios but have run into a stumbling block regarding modeling elite units (i.e. marines, mountain troops and airborne). For example, to simulate the extended training and esprit de corps of the Marine Corps, I can use rangers. However, how do you model heavy weapons in a marine unit. Another example is airborne. Yes the game implements para infantry, but WWII para units often jumped with heavy weapons platoons and even light artillery. Just curious if anyone out there has been able to come up with their own work arounds.
Post #: 1
RE: modeling elite forces? - 12/27/2017 8:51:45 AM   
Ormand

There are several things you can do.

First is to give them extra morale, like Rangers, and extra experience to start with. Also, you could boost their attack power and hit points very slightly.

Second, give them some special abilities. Make a new movement type for mountain units so that they can move faster in the mountain terrains. And, give them a bonus attacking and defending in a specific terrain. This is a bit harder to do with marines, since the amphibious assault penalty is a rulevar. Henc3e, I created a beach hex.

Third, make machinegun and mortar units have these capabilities too. Make them para-capable, and move with mountain movement. Or create new SFTypes specifically with this in mind.

(in reply to MasterChief81)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> modeling elite forces? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI