Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 1/7/2018 2:23:21 PM   
jjdenver

I read somewhere that GE should build out some units before DAK arrives to get over the limit on some unit types when DAK arrives. (hope that makes sense)

When does DAK arrive and what units should be built?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 1/7/2018 5:21:53 PM   
Sugar

Off course the most valuable and effective units ingame: tac. bombers, tanks and fighters. The DAK DE will occurr in dec. 40.

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 2
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 1/8/2018 2:00:32 PM   
GeneralJackDRipper

quote:

ORIGINAL: jjdenver

I read somewhere that GE should build out some units before DAK arrives to get over the limit on some unit types when DAK arrives. (hope that makes sense)

When does DAK arrive and what units should be built?

Thanks

This is interesting -- are there other decision events that could give the player units past their build limits?

“I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.”

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 3
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 1/8/2018 2:46:15 PM   
Taxman66

Potentially any event that adds a unit can do it. Even the units that start on the production table (e.g. Germany can get a 3rd paratrooper, or an extra bomber if built before the starting one on the table shows up on the map. Russia can get an extra rocket artillery if you build them all before the one on the table shows up in 43)

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to GeneralJackDRipper)
Post #: 4
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 1/17/2018 3:02:15 AM   
Leadwieght

I sometimes try to build out all the UK tanks before 7th Armoured shows up. It surprises the hell out of many players to see 4 British tanks units in action in North Africa in 1940.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 5
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 4/5/2018 3:29:40 PM   
LordOfPants

The extra units from events can be really handy. I'm still learning the game and trying Sealion, and getting two paratroopers in the queue before the free one is added results in a handy 3 paratrooper force to support landing. I was really worried about supply at first and made a point of building out all of my HQs before DAK arrival so the DAK HQ would be extra, but I think tanks and bombers are a better investment after playing some.

(in reply to Leadwieght)
Post #: 6
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 4/5/2018 4:03:01 PM   
Sugar

The build limit of HQs is increasing according to the development of logistics anyway, therefore there's no need to extend the forcepool, unless you've got many more forces than you're able to support.

(in reply to LordOfPants)
Post #: 7
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 4/5/2018 6:13:30 PM   
PvtBenjamin

I have say Sugar you are very knowledgeable on the game. I think Taxman probably knows a little more but you are right up there.

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 8
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 4/5/2018 6:21:50 PM   
Taxman66

I only know what I've learned here from reading the forum, reading the manual and scripts (which I'm not that great at).

I've not played early versions of the game, and purchased this game just a few months ago (at version 1.10)

< Message edited by Taxman66 -- 4/5/2018 6:22:18 PM >

"Part of the $10 million I spent on gambling, part on booze and part on women. The rest I spent foolishly." - George Raft

(in reply to PvtBenjamin)
Post #: 9
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 4/5/2018 6:55:55 PM   
PvtBenjamin

Well you always seem to have the answer.

The Raft quote is one of the greatest of all time by the way.

(in reply to Taxman66)
Post #: 10
RE: What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? - 4/5/2018 7:04:02 PM   
LordOfPants

quote:

The build limit of HQs is increasing according to the development of logistics anyway, therefore there's no need to extend the forcepool, unless you've got many more forces than you're able to support.

Yeah, when I came up with that idea I wasn't as good at realizing where I needed HQs, and didn't realize how quickly logistics expanded the HQ pool limit. Getting an extra HQ for, what, six months isn't worth delaying combat units. Tanks for the answer!

(in reply to Sugar)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room >> What units is GE supposed to build out before DAK? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI