Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PBEM

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Wars of Succession >> Wars of Succession: Tech Support >> PBEM Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PBEM - 2/4/2018 5:05:10 PM   
Giob1148

1)Is there PBEM in WOS?
2)Manual:...."main menu include starting a game(against computer or a human opponent)????????Where????
3)Manual:"you will find HST file in game folder ....Saves.No file found.

Post #: 1
RE: PBEM - 2/5/2018 11:08:19 AM   
Philthib

Hi GioB

Not as tough as it seems. Here is my recomendation

1 - find an opponent, and decide between the two of you who will "host" the game (= run the processing when your orders are in)
2 - run your side's turn normally, issue all your orders, and everything you want to do. Save. Do NOT process end turn at this stage
3 - either you OR your friend gets the saved files (yours and his... those files will end with the .ord extension)..the Host will copy those files in his Saves folder
4 - the Host presses "end turn" and processes the turn
5 - the Host sends to the players the processed turn files (those files are with the .trn extension)...

and bis repetitam ad nauseam

All the files that need to be exchanged (by email, as attachments) are the .ord and .trn files, all located in the Saves folder. The .hst file (the hosting file) remains with the guy who hosts the PBEM game.
Nothing is automated, the files transferred by email are "attached" there manually

Hope this helps. Feel free to go the the Ageod forum to find opponents and/or advice.

Support Independent Developers

(in reply to Giob1148)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Age of Muskets] >> Wars of Succession >> Wars of Succession: Tech Support >> PBEM Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI