Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/8/2018 5:55:38 PM   
Neogodhobo

I usually always activate the AI cheats, but even this is not enough. I think its clear to everyone that Close Combat AI is mediocre at best.

And this is why we need a BETTER Multiplayer aspect of the game. This is where the magic happens.

(in reply to mickxe5)
Post #: 121
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/9/2018 1:35:29 AM   
gravyface_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nomada_Firefox

quote:

There's some good AI out there though, for turn-based games particularly, but there's time to run an algorithm based on events _not_ happening in real-time, so it's less daunting of a task vs. a real-time game.

If you compare the AI from the published CC games with the last ten years published RTS games, with a few exceptions, you will see a lot better AI.

Anyway, comparation here is a bad idea because the published CC games used a game engine from more of 22 years ago where deep changes in the AI were not possible and players usually think as if they were new games where they were not.

For me, I would be happy if the AI attacks me and it uses some type of tactics. I do not wait miracles, only some from the year 2018, not from 1996.

I always wondered why developers didn't just apply textbook tactical doctrines as responses to situations. Add some variables (morale, insubordination, FoW, communications breakdown, timing, etc.) and that would be a quality AI.

For example, taking out a fixed position: suppressing fire, flanking, smoke, speed, these are all things that shouldn't be that difficult to quantify.

We're not asking for Napoleon in our AI, reshaping the very concept of operational warfare, just textbook tactics implemented on a script when certain conditions are met.

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 122
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/9/2018 1:36:57 AM   
gravyface_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Neogodhobo

I usually always activate the AI cheats, but even this is not enough. I think its clear to everyone that Close Combat AI is mediocre at best.

And this is why we need a BETTER Multiplayer aspect of the game. This is where the magic happens.

Setting up a MP game seems like a PITA to coordinate; I don't have much time to game, so when I have a free moment, I don't expect someone to be ready and waiting to play a game.

(in reply to Neogodhobo)
Post #: 123
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/9/2018 1:21:08 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

I always wondered why developers didn't just apply textbook tactical doctrines as responses to situations. Add some variables (morale, insubordination, FoW, communications breakdown, timing, etc.) and that would be a quality AI.

For example, taking out a fixed position: suppressing fire, flanking, smoke, speed, these are all things that shouldn't be that difficult to quantify.

We're not asking for Napoleon in our AI, reshaping the very concept of operational warfare, just textbook tactics implemented on a script when certain conditions are met.

With the old CC engine because it had 22 years..........with new games, there are games with good IA, most of the modern RTS games gave a good fight. It is my unique request, a good fight, tactics or not, just I want a AI attacking me, defending, these things, a real challenge.

(in reply to gravyface_)
Post #: 124
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/9/2018 4:22:00 PM   
Benedict151

We will be looking to make multiplayer more user friendly

Post #: 125
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/9/2018 4:23:53 PM   
Benedict151

With regard to the AI we are giving it an overhaul and one aspect we are looking at (now in fact) is its aggressiveness
We too want it to give you (and us) a good fight - and from there we will look to enhance its 'tactical know-how'

regards
Ben Wilkins

Post #: 126
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/9/2018 5:08:21 PM   
zakblood

sounds go to me, when can we sign up for beta then?, is the next question

(in reply to Benedict151)
Post #: 127
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/9/2018 5:53:13 PM   
gravyface_

quote:

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

With regard to the AI we are giving it an overhaul and one aspect we are looking at (now in fact) is its aggressiveness
We too want it to give you (and us) a good fight - and from there we will look to enhance its 'tactical know-how'

regards
Ben Wilkins

Sounds exciting.

I remember the old Vet Mod for CC4 (or 5?): I remember the first map, in awe, as literally every SS unit on the map got up, and just converged at a gallop on the town I was holding... ended up wiping out a quarter of them with some well-placed mortar fire in the town center, but man, it was intense hand-to-hand after that, room-by-room.

Post #: 128
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/9/2018 8:55:44 PM   
Neogodhobo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Benedict151

We will be looking to make multiplayer more user friendly

regards
Ben Wilkins

Sweet, awesome news ! Thanks for shedding some light on that !

Post #: 129
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 2/16/2018 4:21:21 PM   
Benedict151

Hello Zakblood

quote:

ORIGINAL: zakblood

quote:

Funny you should ask - beta is a little way off (cue sighs and groans), but alpha is approaching increasingly quickly and we will want a small outside test group for that
More news soon!

regards
Ben Wilkins

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 130
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 10/4/2018 2:14:33 PM   
CGGrognard

My birthday is coming up soon and my wife is asking what I want for my birthday. As in previous years, I said I only wanted of The Bloody First; the new highly anticipated installment of the Close Combat series. But as in previous years the game wasn’t released, so from my wife, I received nothing for my birthday. Now I’m not complaining about the time it’s taking to develop the game, but I am concerned my wife is getting tired of me asking for the same gift time and time again. I guess I could switch it up and ask for another game, but then that would kill the anticipation I have for The Bloody First.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

Post #: 131
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 10/4/2018 2:52:30 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

My birthday is coming up soon and my wife is asking what I want for my birthday. As in previous years, I said I only wanted of The Bloody First; the new highly anticipated installment of the Close Combat series. But as in previous years the game wasn’t released, so from my wife, I received nothing for my birthday. Now I’m not complaining about the time it’s taking to develop the game, but I am concerned my wife is getting tired of me asking for the same gift time and time again. I guess I could switch it up and ask for another game, but then that would kill the anticipation I have for The Bloody First.

I recomend you ask a mixer to your wife.

But if you have asked the CCBF as the same gift all these years, your wife will be very happy because she has not bought it yet. Very cheap.

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 132
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 10/12/2018 1:04:38 AM   
wodin

Please just make Inf like they where in CC2. Inf with staying power!!

Post #: 133
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 10/31/2018 8:31:07 PM   
CGGrognard

And hopefully the pathing for vehicles will be better as well.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 134
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 11/1/2018 9:49:41 AM   
Pvt_Grunt

I hope they finally introduce medics and attack dogs!

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 135
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 11/1/2018 10:19:24 AM   
thekromewolf

MONTHS later, no signs of progress, no update, no news feed, pre much conisidered dead, devs must work on it in their free time and work normal 9-5 jobs.

(in reply to Pvt_Grunt)
Post #: 136
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 11/1/2018 10:22:39 AM   
zakblood

progress is coming along nicely thanks, alpha testing is done, pre beta testing is next, then open sign up for main beta to follow, not sure why you think it's dead tbh,

but as always, most of the work is ongoing out of public view, updates and posts will be made, when it's ready.

(in reply to thekromewolf)
Post #: 137
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 11/2/2018 8:13:52 AM   
Pvt_Grunt

Good news, thanks

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 138
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 11/3/2018 1:03:27 PM   
GrdAdmiral

That’s great news!! I admit, I started to get worried with months of no news. So I can understand why people started to think it might be dead. I’m glad they are wrong.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 139
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 11/3/2018 11:12:26 PM   
Destraex

Good to hear. Expectations are high for me. I want to feel the amazement I felt playing the close combat 1 demo as a kid in the 1990s. Back then their was simply no other game that came close. I expect with all the competition for the wargaming space today that we will see this game make the next evolutionary leap. To set the bar high again. To stop the re-hash of old code and rest off old laurels.

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 140
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 11/22/2018 1:47:20 PM   
thekromewolf

quote:

progress is coming along nicely thanks, alpha testing is done, pre beta testing is next, then open sign up for main beta to follow, not sure why you think it's dead tbh,

but as always, most of the work is ongoing out of public view, updates and posts will be made, when it's ready.

Your kidding right? like dont get me wrong i love the series but if your gonna say retard **** like that your about you deserve a retard response - Your PR is the worse ive witnessed with any gaming company, worse than battlestate games (loved their latest info update on the escape from tarkov launcher " problem has solved" , what fkn problem) but yet still more info than what you guys are giving.

Nobody hears about this game for MONTHS and you wonder why its dead, try gettin someone to give us at least fortnightly press releases. Til then your games in open beta (cause i doubt yall will invite me to closed) im gonna be playing men of war AS2 dynamic campaign generator..its the best i can get til then.

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 141
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 11/22/2018 9:03:09 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: thekromewolf
Nobody hears about this game for MONTHS and you wonder why its dead

Please do not speak by everybody here. I have seen the game this year and it is at progress. They are taking their time improving it because they want make some really good. They do not need publish information each week.

Post #: 142
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 12/14/2018 1:22:24 AM   
rodney727

quote:

quote:

Please do not speak by everybody here. I have seen the game this year and it is at progress. They are taking their time improving it because they want make some really good. They do not need publish information each week.

To be fair, announced in 2013....reminds me of Blizzard when announcing a new Diablo edition. But 5 years to develope a game...just saying.

"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943

Post #: 143
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 12/15/2018 3:29:12 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

ORIGINAL: rogo727

quote:

quote:

To be fair, announced in 2013....reminds me of Blizzard when announcing a new Diablo edition. But 5 years to develope a game...just saying.

Comparation is funny at least because Blizzard had money, a lot of money, more money than if you take all the profits from Slitherine in all their lives probably and a very big team. Now compare. The work in BF is a complete success in comparation.

I can understand how you could be waiting a lot of time and you are not in the very confortable with the wait, I was equal one year ago. But trusth me, I am very confortable thinking how the game will be finished as it must be. You should be happy.

(in reply to rodney727)
Post #: 144
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 12/15/2018 5:09:18 PM   
Simulacra53

quote:

quote:

Your kidding right? like dont get me wrong i love the series but if your gonna say retard **** like that your about you deserve a retard response - Your PR is the worse ive witnessed with any gaming company, worse than battlestate games (loved their latest info update on the escape from tarkov launcher " problem has solved" , what fkn problem) but yet still more info than what you guys are giving.

Nobody hears about this game for MONTHS and you wonder why its dead, try gettin someone to give us at least fortnightly press releases. Til then your games in open beta (cause i doubt yall will invite me to closed) im gonna be playing men of war AS2 dynamic campaign generator..its the best i can get til then.

That’s quite an entitled attitude, as if you have a natural right to know the status of a game in development.

It is done when it is done.
If Matrix is too lazy, so be it.

If it arrives I’ll buy it.
In the meantime life goes on, plenty of games to play and enjoy - besides RL(tm).

< Message edited by Simulacra53 -- 12/15/2018 5:10:55 PM >

Post #: 145
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 12/15/2018 5:14:48 PM   
zakblood

one reasons it's best not to say anything when alpha or beta testing any game, as some take it the wrong way, no matter what it said or mentioned, so for me,

Merry Christmas everyone and my last post in here

(in reply to Simulacra53)
Post #: 146
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 12/17/2018 12:30:47 PM   
Edward75

I was so looking forward to the release of this game this year. Very sad...

(in reply to zakblood)
Post #: 147
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 12/17/2018 2:29:13 PM   
budd

Don't suppose a multiplayer system like Combat Mission is in the cards? Live multiplayer is pretty tough to schedule for a lot of people, some kind of rounds with replay would be nice.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Edward75)
Post #: 148
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 12/17/2018 3:28:14 PM   
Tactics

If you guys need more time then yes please feel free. Even if you decide you need another 4 years then sure thing take all the time in the world because it really seems like you need it.

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 149
RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 - 1/26/2019 4:32:19 AM   
returntoforever8

I bought armored brigade for the meantime.... y'all might like it, it's pretty good!

(in reply to Tactics)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 [5] 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI