The Bloody First to Arrive in 2018 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First

CGGrognard -> The Bloody First to Arrive in 2018 (12/20/2013 2:56:55 AM)

Anxiously awaiting 2014 so that I can try The Bloody First. Now I believe it's arrival is scheduled for the first
quarter so that could mean another 3 months. But I help its on the earlier side of the quarter.

sshnuke -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (12/20/2013 4:04:09 AM)

In the first quarter there will be CC Gateway to Caen

CC The Bloody First will be out in the second half of 2014

Kanov -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (12/20/2013 6:28:44 PM)

It's a new engine and all, I would be very worried that it would be announced as ready for 1Q 2014

CGGrognard -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (12/21/2013 12:33:21 AM)

Since it will have a new engine, 3D no less; do you suppose the view in the game will be similar to Battle Academy?

Manu -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (1/5/2014 6:26:30 PM)

Any news or previews of the game progress?

SteveMcClaire -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (1/6/2014 4:03:35 PM)

I'm working on it every day. :) It will not be out in the first quarter of 2014, but definitely this year!

Steve

Manu -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (1/6/2014 4:06:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve McClaire

I'm working on it every day. :) It will not be out in the first quarter of 2014, but definitely this year!

Steve

it is not enough to calm my thirst! [:D]

lyonsajh -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (1/11/2014 9:31:34 AM)

Any screenshot etc ?

SteveMcClaire -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (1/13/2014 6:07:34 PM)

The visuals are very much a work in progress, and we don't want to show something with a bunch of developer art. Especially my dev. art. Trust me on that. :) We may have a map we can show in a few weeks, but again, with 'work in progress' disclaimers.

Steve

Manu -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (1/13/2014 8:33:22 PM)

how many people are working on this project?

SteveMcClaire -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (1/14/2014 2:28:38 PM)

The core group is small at the moment, but we expect to bring more people on to help with creating maps, scenarios, and other game assets.

Manu -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (1/16/2014 2:54:52 PM)

sorry to harass you Steve With questions but I'm very interested in the videogames conception. Are you the project leader for Bloody first? As you have a very small team to begin, how do you establish the guidelines of the game. Is this a personal plan? I don't know if Matrix has a permanent staff of designers or are you hiring people for each project?

SteveMcClaire -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (1/17/2014 3:31:25 PM)

At the moment I am developer / game designer / research / anything-else-not-art-related for The Bloody First. We also have one dedicated art/3D modeling person and several other people at Matrix/Slitherine overseeing and contributing from time to time.

Steve

Platoon_Michael -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (2/12/2014 1:30:15 AM)

I'm curious as to how editing will be done for the Bloody 1st.
Will it be in the way of a spread sheet like WaR,tLD,LSA?

I'm also curious about the editing of graphics.
Will there be tools for extracting them like GadgetMunger does?

I'm also wondering will there be any option for Snow to be modded into the game?

I'm really worried about the whole 3D thing.
I have no software that can do 3D editing nor skills.
I'm really hoping that the scale is something smiler to other games so I can use their stuff if the 3D is too much for me.Is that something being considered? What is the scale or can you say?

I also hope that when the time does come to show us something that your gonna do a in-game Video.

And will there be a Demo? (Please say yes)

SteveMcClaire -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (2/12/2014 9:39:00 PM)

The ability to mod game data will be similar to existing CC. Graphical textures and sounds can also be changed.

Snow will not be in The Bloody First, but is very likely to be in future releases.

No decision has been made on providing a demo.

Steve

TIK -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (2/13/2014 10:01:04 AM)

quote:

No decision has been made on providing a demo.

Steve

A demo is what got me into this series. I must have played the Schijndel Road map in the old CC2 demo a few hundred times before my dad ended up buying me the game.

I'll be getting this game anyway, but think about those who've never played CC before. A demo could be their ticket in.

Saturnian -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (2/14/2014 11:46:01 PM)

quote:

als are very much a work in progress, and we don't want to show something with a bunch of developer art. Especially my dev. art. Trust me on that. :) We may have a map we can show in a few weeks, but again, with 'work in progress' disclaimers.

If you guys are wondering how to do animations may I respectfully suggest photographic realism? In all honesty I have seen many games ruined by the 'style' of the animators, which often are terrible. but if you somehow digitize actual photographs you will have an absolutely authentic look without *much* chance of the animations looking like total crud.
[&o]

incrediblestone -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (2/16/2014 3:12:07 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Saturnian

quote:

als are very much a work in progress, and we don't want to show something with a bunch of developer art. Especially my dev. art. Trust me on that. :) We may have a map we can show in a few weeks, but again, with 'work in progress' disclaimers.

If you guys are wondering how to do animations may I respectfully suggest photographic realism? In all honesty I have seen many games ruined by the 'style' of the animators, which often are terrible. but if you somehow digitize actual photographs you will have an absolutely authentic look without *much* chance of the animations looking like total crud.
[&o]

Like the explosions in Gateway to Caen?

Ozymandias2 -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (2/24/2014 1:58:37 AM)

One can only hope that the "User-Hostile" Lobby system will be abandoned along the way - just consider it a mercy killing.

TIK -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (2/24/2014 10:13:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ozymandias2

One can only hope that the "User-Hostile" Lobby system will be abandoned along the way - just consider it a mercy killing.

Panthers is the only CC game I play multiplayer. That's because of the lobby. I agree that including both methods would be ideal, and the lobby does need a few extra features such as displaying ping, but I wouldn't call it "user-hostile".

Ozymandias2 -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (2/24/2014 1:25:24 PM)

Does the Lobby actually work for you and, if so, what's your trick?

My experience of using it has been a steady downgrade of its performance to a point where simply getting into the Lobby takes ca. 5 mins if at all; connecting to my opponent another 10 again if at all; crawling data transfer rates which often freeze before game data makes it either way; then oddities like one of being able to strat move while the other (asviewed via task monitor) has suddenly frozen; and the game often dying either at the ends of battles, strat moves, or just randomly.

I play a regular weekly game with a pal ca. 6 PM Sunday nights and never see anyone else in the lobby besides ourselves. We're both IT pros; have done everything conceivable to configure our machines; know the problem's neither with our machines nor Internet connectivity.

We've had to bail on 3 of our last 4 games without ever getting a single moment of playtime in.

If these forums accommodated polls, I would certainly launch one asking about other's experiences with this - to me, anyway - ghastly system.

Best,

Oz

TIK -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (2/24/2014 8:15:05 PM)

It does work. Check out my videos. There's no trick.

Rather than highjack this topic, I'll reply to your topic in the Panthers Tech support section HERE

faraon -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (3/9/2014 3:33:02 PM)

Thanks TIK

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (3/21/2014 11:40:43 PM)

WoW! I must be the guy more suprised from the world with this, never I waited this. I will be happy if it is made but just if it has not a bad gameplay as the old gicombat or squad assault. I have not problems editing a 3D game, in fact for the past 8 years I have been editing at 100% 3D games, it is different but if you have the tools, you can make it.

Miro -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (9/24/2014 4:53:52 PM)

quote:

It will not be out in the first quarter of 2014, but definitely this year!

Steve

Remaining 3 months. Mission impossible.

Tejszd -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (9/25/2014 12:33:31 AM)

Would rather wait longer than getting something half done....

Wish they would patch the previous games before going on to the next game as there are many outstanding bugs.

Example TLD: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3387394

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (9/25/2014 7:54:12 AM)

Just because we do not know too information about the game, it is not a game to half done.

However, at these days very few games have not a patch after the release.

DAK_Legion -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (10/14/2014 8:21:07 PM)

Any new for the last quarter of year???

2014 or 2015?

Hexagon -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (10/15/2014 10:20:31 AM)

Very strange the lack of info... at this point at least beta test needs be start... i was in other betas and they start 2 or more months before release.

I think this is going to be with luck a 2015 release.

Nomada_Firefox -> RE: The Bloody First to Arrive in 2014 (10/16/2014 4:11:04 PM)

As many other games, I do not think that it be released when it be finished at 100%. It will be released when it reachs the date of sell it to the seller and usually the creator and the seller agree the date. This is the reason because many games are released without be finished at 100%.

However, I do not think that this game will not be finished this year, just because we have not seen too information about it. In fact, I will not be surprised if we start to see new information when the film named fury be released.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI