Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
[Poll]

RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests Go Here]

Downed pilots / CSAR (without using the EE)
  13% (72)
Improve weather modelling (local fronts etc.)
  12% (66)
Dedicated sensor page on DB viewer
  3% (21)
Intermittent sensor settings
  5% (28)
TOT planner/Advance Strike Planner
  29% (155)
Display weapon firing arcs in DB viewer
  1% (7)
Custom draw on map
  3% (16)
Additional contact info for passive sonar contacts
  1% (6)
Ability to group ref points
  0% (2)
Ability to name grouped ref points
  1% (6)
Sprint and drift while on mission
  1% (6)
Order weapons with active datalinks to self destruct
  0% (1)
1/3rd rule option for strike missions
  0% (1)
Multiple map windows
  2% (12)
WEGO MP
  4% (26)
Real-time MP
  9% (48)
Mid-flight mechanical breakdowns on aircraft
  0% (1)
Expand space ops (Shuttle / Skylab, armed sats etc.)
  1% (8)
Sunrise/sunset/nautical twilight calculator
  0% (1)
Option to enable a message when a vehicle reaches a specific waypoint
  0% (3)
Ability to change color of grouped refpoints and shaded patrol areas
  0% (3)
Aircraft Maintenence and Support Crew Modeling
  1% (10)
Player's Alarm Clock
  0% (1)
Collateral Damage Zone (CDZ)
  0% (2)
Unit proficiency affects adherence to ToT
  0% (0)
Optional "Beginner" GUI
  1% (6)
Make sonobuys and refpoints unselectable when invisible
  0% (0)
Ability to deactivate (destruct) sonobuoys
  0% (0)
Use "Areas" or "Routes" to simplify refpoint management
  0% (2)
Display unit thumbnail image right next to unit icon
  0% (0)
Customizeable soundslot per unit-type (hear a sound when select a unit
  0% (0)
Display time at current rate to charge SSK batteries to full
  0% (0)
Lag in obtaining info from non-realtime intel/recon assets
  0% (3)
Hotkey to change sonobuoy visibility
  0% (0)
Attack a Reference Point
  0% (4)
Show unit weapons list (nominal) for identified contacts
  0% (0)
Reverse targeting vectors (show who is targeting selected contact)
  0% (3)
Helo in-flight refuelling (from ships)
  0% (3)
Apply the 1/3 rule to Ferry Flight missions
  0% (1)
Extra filter on DB-viewer for platform sub-type
  0% (0)
Refuel Option: Set amount of fuel to take on
  0% (3)
Ability to resize icons so big icons in small countries don't overlap.
  0% (0)
Message Log option to hide messages that break fog of war.
  0% (0)
Hover (RAST) refueling for helicopters
  0% (2)
Filtering and search added to add cargo dialog
  0% (0)
Ship Towing
  0% (4)

Total Votes : 533

(last vote on : 2/3/2022 4:12:52 PM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 10/20/2017 10:56:14 PM   
AndrewJ

Would a "Mark Position" function be useful?

Once you have selected a contact (most likely an enemy) you would press the Mark Position hot-key, and the sim would automatically create a reference point at the contact's positon and label it with the contact name, course, speed, depth/alt, and the time the waypoint was created. The reference point name would be editable by the normal method if you needed to change it.

This would be useful for scenarios where you are tracking contacts to try and establish their route or patrol zones, or are trying to keep tabs on contacts where you only have intermittent sensor coverage.

(You can do this manually, of course, but it's a somewhat slow process, particularly in large scenarios with numerous contacts. This would be much quicker and more user friendly.)

(in reply to ColonelMolerat)
Post #: 721
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 10/20/2017 11:22:31 PM   
ultradave

Something I find myself wishing I had is a list of current contacts. It would be great if it could work like the OB window where you select a unit and the map centers on it.

I'm pretty badly colorblind and sometimes "lose" contacts in ground clutter. This would really help, even for something to cycle through every so often to make sure I'm not overlooking something. It seems like something that would be listed in a TF or ship's CIC.

----------------
Dave A.
"When the Boogeyman goes to sleep he checks his closet for paratroopers"

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 722
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 11/21/2017 9:02:30 PM   
gosnold

Posting it here as suggested by mikmyk:
Jammer, sensor and radar frequencies need to be displayed in the DB viewer: the RCS of objects is already displayed depending on frequency (A-D vs E-F), but it's really hard to know which band a radar is using right now, so this RCS information is hard to use in practice. Players currently have to build a kind of mini-DB of their own to know which radar/jammer/sensor does what.

(in reply to ultradave)
Post #: 723
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 11/21/2017 11:39:42 PM   
ColonelMolerat

A couple of requests from me:

1. Add a way to disable auto-waypoint-generation for weapons (eg cruise missiles) when firing using F1 or strike missions. At the moment they automatically fire using off-axis attacks, which can interfere with the player's planning.

2. This has probably been discussed, but a quick search couldn't find it: Accidental missile lock onto friendly targets. A while ago I saw a map demonstrating that in the Cold War, anti-ship missile paths had to be planned so if the missile missed its target, it wouldn't continue and lock onto a friendly vessel. This seems like it would add an interesting dimension to battles. I'm sure you've discussed friendly fire etc to death already, but I thought I'd show support for its being implemented one day.

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 724
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 11/22/2017 8:20:19 AM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: AndrewJ

Once you have selected a contact (most likely an enemy) you would press the Mark Position hot-key, and the sim would automatically create a reference point at the contact's positon and label it with the contact name, course, speed, depth/alt, and the time the waypoint was created. The reference point name would be editable by the normal method if you needed to change it.

This would be useful for scenarios where you are tracking contacts to try and establish their route or patrol zones, or are trying to keep tabs on contacts where you only have intermittent sensor coverage.

(You can do this manually, of course, but it's a somewhat slow process, particularly in large scenarios with numerous contacts. This would be much quicker and more user friendly.)

Seconded (although I haven't been able to vote for a few years now...)

This would be a great feature

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 725
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 11/22/2017 7:26:13 PM   
tjhkkr

I admit, this request is a result of my own goof up.
When editing a scenario, I hit start to test lua script and make sure my logic would actually fire the trigger I wanted.
I went to hit save to save its progress... and you can guess what happened next; I walked all over my saved scenario with the 'running scenario save.'
I admit it was a goof... and I used language concerning myself that my mother never intended I be called...

Having said all that... is there anyway to change the extension on the file once the game starts?
Like if you have not hit play, keep it .scn or .scen... and once play is hit something like .rsc.

I know you cannot fix stupid... but I like to try when I can...

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 726
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 11/22/2017 7:28:16 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: apache85
quote:

Seconded (although I haven't been able to vote for a few years now...)
This would be a great feature

That is a good idea.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 727
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 11/22/2017 10:34:55 PM   
mikkey

+1 for "Mark Position" function

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 728
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 11/22/2017 11:50:41 PM   
Project2035

I would like to suggest a way to choose targets for MIRVs. This could be useful when attacking large population centers (areas around Seattle, San Francisco, Tokyo, etc.)

(in reply to mikkey)
Post #: 729
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 11/25/2017 3:19:43 PM   
Dimitris

quote:

I like this idea a lot. Added on dev builds and you should see it on one of the future updates.

(in reply to AndrewJ)
Post #: 730
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 11/26/2017 9:46:54 PM   
AndrewJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dimitris

I like this idea a lot. Added on dev builds and you should see it on one of the future updates.

Great news, thank you.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 731
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests ... - 11/27/2017 5:18:02 AM   
Mousie

You should be able to search through roles in the database. Typing "Interceptor", "Bomber", "AEW", "Tanker", could pull every vehicle with that role. It would save a lot of time for scenario creators if they're looking for something without knowing specifics.

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 732
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests ... - 12/3/2017 11:18:46 PM   
BeirutDude

Mission button for ASW Missions that allows the designer/player to limit sononbouy drops to passive drops only and then they can manually drop active to classify and attack.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to Mousie)
Post #: 733
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests ... - 12/3/2017 11:22:03 PM   
BeirutDude

BTW as a professional Meteorologist (ex-Hurricane Center forecaster as well) for 32 years, if you needed help in designing an improved weather model I would be happy to help if you'd like.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

I was Navy, but Assigned TAD to the 24th MAU Hq in Beirut. By far the finest period of my service!

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 734
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests ... - 12/4/2017 5:18:15 AM   
morphin

It is more and more important to hide an approach to the enemy behind mountains and in valleys.
For me it is not easily to see elevation model in game.

An relative easy fix would be an optional addtional map with color shaded elevation model (e.g. every 30ft change colorton within green and grey)

That would be for make an optional route to the target

Thank's

Andy

(in reply to BeirutDude)
Post #: 735
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests ... - 12/4/2017 5:41:46 AM   
Dimitris

quote:

ORIGINAL: morphin

It is more and more important to hide an approach to the enemy behind mountains and in valleys.
For me it is not easily to see elevation model in game.

An relative easy fix would be an optional addtional map with color shaded elevation model (e.g. every 30ft change colorton within green and grey)

That would be for make an optional route to the target

Thank's

Andy

You're aware of the relief layer, yes?

(in reply to morphin)
Post #: 736
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests ... - 12/4/2017 6:38:31 AM   
morphin

Yes, but at least for me it is not visible enough to clearly see the valleys. I have to move the cursor over the map to detect the
mountains....

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 737
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests ... - 12/12/2017 7:07:21 PM   
I1066

perhaps add height curves to the map as a layer?

(in reply to Dimitris)
Post #: 738
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 1/27/2018 4:57:51 PM   
Mgellis

Formal request for new game feature: Improved map data, especially for areas like the Spratly Islands, the Great Lakes, and the African Great Lakes, and the Amazon, Mekong, and Yangtze Rivers. Thank you!

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 739
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 1/28/2018 4:35:02 PM   
Gunner98

I just noticed that refuelling from a pier seems to be pretty fast. I believe that there is a fairly generic time set for becoming ready (30min). Repair and rearming takes varying amounts of time but refueling time for a 28 Ton PB with a 5.5 ton fuel capacity is the same as with a Kaiser Class AO with 27,000 tons of fuel storage.

Perhaps a value of tons per min based on the pier size or something like that can be worked in.

Cheers

B

(in reply to Mgellis)
Post #: 740
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/15/2018 4:10:46 PM   
ExMachina

I don't see this in the list and it's such a simple request/concept that I'm sure there's a very good reason for it not being implemented but...

Add a "Back" button in the Database viewer so that once we click from the Unit to the Weapon we can easily get back to the Unit

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 741
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/15/2018 4:14:25 PM   
thewood1

Funny, I was just thinking that yesterday when I clicked on the wrong link. Make it more like a browser.

(in reply to ExMachina)
Post #: 742
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/15/2018 11:26:56 PM   
charlee22009

Would like to see the specific illumination vectors - for example which opposing aircraft are 'illuminating' which *specific* aircraft. The same information an RVR provides to a pilot.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 743
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/16/2018 10:32:43 PM   
ColonelMolerat

To lay chaff corridors, one must right-click on the unit and use the 'attack options' there - it is missing from the other 'attack options' under the menu bar.

Perhaps it could be added to the menu bar? It took me a while to find, since I usually go the menu-bar way (I rarely use the right-click for giving orders). Buuut it's a minor issue - only worth doing as a general UI improvement if it's fairly simple.

(in reply to charlee22009)
Post #: 744
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/20/2018 12:40:55 AM   
AlphaSierra

Please update the SIM to accept the US Mk6 PB (ID#2909) "The boats are small enough to fit inside the well deck of LHD, LPD and LSD class amphibious warfare ships. Thus, they can be transported to any location in a short period of time."

Think of 6 of these bad boys slipping out of a well deck full of seals :) anywhere in the world

Thank you in advance.

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

(in reply to miller7219)
Post #: 745
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/20/2018 9:55:28 PM   
charlee22009

I would love to see the 'specific range' listed in the database. That's... the amount of fuel consumed for a given distance. It could *easily* be calculated based on the KTAS and fuel consumption already provided in the database.

I think this would be incredibly interesting and illuminating for both the player and scenario designer.

I also would like a way to see... the 'visual horizon'... in other words... how far the mark one eyeball can see based off the curvature of the earth. Similar to the 'radar horizon'... it would be awesome to have the visual depicted based on the platform's altitude and/or mast height. For example, sea-skimming missiles are often not visible until (something like) 25NM out? It would be great to have a UI depiction of just how 'far' the ships and platforms can see in perfect visibility (clear bright day) based on the curvature of the Earth.

(in reply to AlphaSierra)
Post #: 746
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/21/2018 11:22:21 AM   
AlphaSierra

Charlee;

I did lookout training in the Navy our "rule of thumb" for lookouts was in clear weather the horizon was about 12nm (confirmed ad nauseam) by radar.

Obviously the height of the bridge wings factors slightly but not enough to care about. Ie..our bridge wings were 80ft to the water line and honestly the view from a Cruiser wasn't much different.

The 50mi Mk1 Eyeball is specific to Col. Steve Austin (which is still classified)

I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Post #: 747
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/21/2018 7:23:26 PM   
charlee22009

50 NM Mk1 eyeball.... wait where did that come from? what are you referring to?

(in reply to AlphaSierra)
Post #: 748
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/21/2018 7:25:10 PM   
thewood1

Suggest googling Col. Steve Austin

Post #: 749
RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features - 2/21/2018 7:39:06 PM   
Primarchx

quote:

ORIGINAL: charlee22009

I would love to see the 'specific range' listed in the database. That's... the amount of fuel consumed for a given distance. It could *easily* be calculated based on the KTAS and fuel consumption already provided in the database.

I think this would be incredibly interesting and illuminating for both the player and scenario designer.

I also would like a way to see... the 'visual horizon'... in other words... how far the mark one eyeball can see based off the curvature of the earth. Similar to the 'radar horizon'... it would be awesome to have the visual depicted based on the platform's altitude and/or mast height. For example, sea-skimming missiles are often not visible until (something like) 25NM out? It would be great to have a UI depiction of just how 'far' the ships and platforms can see in perfect visibility (clear bright day) based on the curvature of the Earth.

I've had a request in for a LOS Tool since the game was released.

Post #: 750
Page:   <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features Page: <<   < prev  23 24 [25] 26 27   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI