Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Searching for a thread, and a long past due return to the Pacific

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Searching for a thread, and a long past due return to the Pacific Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Searching for a thread, and a long past due return to t... - 5/28/2018 12:51:23 AM   
Behemoth

I'm sorry to start this thread for such a mundane reason. But I am back at tackling this behemoth,I have combed through the newbies threads, the resources, some of the videos, etc. But I wanted to start the first week of orders and base setup for the allies Full campaign and I faintly remember a thread or after action where the first few turns were meticulously spelled out in terms of best strategy and TF set for those days. I remember how daunting the setup was for those first turns and was hoping to get that thread again. Is it around, anyone remember it, is it still applicable? Thank you in advance. If there is a step by step walk through for the first turns that is better, I'd be all ears, but my searches haven't been very successful up to this point.

-B

“What do you mean you don't do it? Of course you do it. We all do it. We love to do it. I just did it and I'm ready to do it again.” -Mel Brooks as King Louis XVI
Post #: 1
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/28/2018 1:27:24 AM   
BBfanboy

Kull has done set-up spreadsheets for both Allies and Japanese, but I don't know about any strategic advice covering the first few turns other than getting your logistics in order and avoiding stronger Japanese forces. Here is the link to Kull's thread on setup:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2306421

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Behemoth)
Post #: 2
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/28/2018 10:18:20 AM   
Trugrit

Welcome back.

See if these help:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2186767

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3329605

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2933397

I'm a fan of Mike Solli.

K

(in reply to Behemoth)
Post #: 3
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/28/2018 2:05:33 PM   
Alfred

The OP is looking to play the Allied side, not Japan.

Sardauker's training AAR is probably what he is after.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2564541

Alfred

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 4
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/28/2018 10:59:06 PM   
Behemoth

These were exactly what I was looking for. the SarDauker AAR was the thread I was remembering, thank you, thank you. The IJN strat. is next on my agenda, tackling the IJN industrial system has always been daunting. Again thank you all! I look forward to getting back into this.
-B

“What do you mean you don't do it? Of course you do it. We all do it. We love to do it. I just did it and I'm ready to do it again.” -Mel Brooks as King Louis XVI

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 5
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/29/2018 9:47:12 PM   
rustysi

Boston, MA!!!

Oh, you'll get no help from me!!!!

Just kidding. Willing to help wherever I may.

< Message edited by rustysi -- 5/29/2018 9:48:27 PM >

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Behemoth)
Post #: 6
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/30/2018 12:19:23 AM   
Behemoth

F&^%%in' Yankee!

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 7
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/30/2018 1:07:35 AM   
spence

quote:

F&^%%in' Yankee!

Even worse: a F&^%%in' Yankees Fan. Get out the pitchforks and torches!
(once a Red Sox fan, always a Red Sox fan)

(in reply to Behemoth)
Post #: 8
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/30/2018 1:31:56 AM   
Anachro

my celtics...

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 9
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/31/2018 4:36:46 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Behemoth

F&^%%in' Yankee!

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

(in reply to Behemoth)
Post #: 10
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 5/31/2018 4:37:36 PM   
rustysi

quote:

ORIGINAL: spence

quote:

F&^%%in' Yankee!

Even worse: a F&^%%in' Yankees Fan. Get out the pitchforks and torches!
(once a Red Sox fan, always a Red Sox fan)

Puddle pirate!

(in reply to spence)
Post #: 11
RE: Searching for a thread, and a long past due return ... - 6/2/2018 8:00:48 PM   
Behemoth

Heh, Heh!

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Searching for a thread, and a long past due return to the Pacific Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI