Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/21/2018 9:25:43 AM   
room

Belgium can be pretty painfull when she joins allies. I'm curious what is KZ play here...

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 31
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/21/2018 10:03:28 AM   
KorutZelva

keeping my distance...

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 32
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/21/2018 10:02:06 PM   
room

losses so far?

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 33
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/21/2018 11:27:23 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: room

losses so far?

At the time of the picture just one corp (excluding French minors)

I added the ardennes/verdun army-corp on the following turn.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 34
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/22/2018 8:21:21 AM   
KorutZelva

Maginot abandoned, ball formed around Paris.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/22/2018 8:23:51 AM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 35
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/22/2018 12:43:37 PM   
LLv34Mika

June 40

The French army is celebrating a huge (!) victory. With a little help from their friends are German corps was shattered north of France. Yes, this is a victory. Remember whom we are speaking of.

Another big victory... a French sub attacked an Italian heavy cruiser in port causing some light damage. This turn a forced surprise attack did some more damage and then another attach even sunk that ship. That was a bit lucky but I take what I can get.

German Stukas have relocated to Sicilia. Could be the planned attack on Malta or the attempt to sink some of my ships. Maybe both.

I hope France will survive until July. Maybe I can get another diplo hit too (not sure if Italy spent some chits on Spain too, have to check that). The RAF and Royal Navy are ready for a sealion attempt.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 36
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/22/2018 1:00:03 PM   
room

How are losses MPP Wise?

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 37
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/22/2018 1:38:46 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

ORIGINAL: LLv34Mika

June 40

The French army is celebrating a huge (!) victory. With a little help from their friends are German corps was shattered north of France. Yes, this is a victory. Remember whom we are speaking of.

Another big victory... a French sub attacked an Italian heavy cruiser in port causing some light damage. This turn a forced surprise attack did some more damage and then another attach even sunk that ship. That was a bit lucky but I take what I can get.

German Stukas have relocated to Sicilia. Could be the planned attack on Malta or the attempt to sink some of my ships. Maybe both.

I hope France will survive until July. Maybe I can get another diplo hit too (not sure if Italy spent some chits on Spain too, have to check that). The RAF and Royal Navy are ready for a sealion attempt.

I sensed the counter-attack was finally coming, which is why I had swapped the north-eastern army out in favor of the corp. If I was to lose a unit, at least be it a cheap one. Hopefully it got a few pings of its own to facilitate my offensive push.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 38
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/22/2018 5:03:15 PM   
KorutZelva

The French de-entranched a couple of forest units to kill the german corp. It might end up saving me a turn.
French bombers were caught flatfooted in their hangar and destroyed. RAF getting pumped down to 3.

Communist propaganda working full time, I think I counted 4 time triggering (Including back to back turn last turn and this turn.)

German-Italian air (Including Italian maritime bomber) try to damage UK naval assets near Sicily. Italian sub find some success sinking an inconsequential french ship. Hey, it's national morale! :P

Bessarabia, baltic State invaded

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 39
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 7:26:28 AM   
LLv34Mika

Not sure if it was a wise decision to take the Baltic States and Bessarabia. Might give me some time later and more MPPs now.

The better thing is that another German Corps was destroyed and the French are standing in and around Paris to have some more time. Considering the anti war propaganda (you noticed it) I can be happy with my result. It's July 1940, 2 Corps destroyed and I still hope for another turn for the French to be alive. I think with some more commitment you could be in Paris with the same losses right now.

Maybe I was a bit passive too but it saved me a lot of MPPs that might have been used for repairs otherwise (btw, that one RAF unit is still at 4, not 3).

Still haven't seen any paratroopers. I guess they are preparing for Malta, Tunis or London. Since I can't prevent two of these you can imagine where I'm waiting for you.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 40
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 9:40:57 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

Still haven't seen any paratroopers. I guess they are preparing for Malta, Tunis or London. Since I can't prevent two of these you can imagine where I'm waiting for you.

Tunis it was. Made the job easier by being unoccupied too.

Scouts says Algiers is unoccupied also, as are the France southern ports.

The engineer is in egypt but there's one French HQ missing and about 3 other land units.

French fleet in the Adriatic... Maybe some Amphibious shenanigans in the works?

First time I try France conquering without extra tanks. I'm a bit out of my comfort zone at the moment.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/23/2018 9:41:40 AM >

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 41
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 10:24:45 AM   
LLv34Mika

I hope you are going for "all of France"

that might be the biggest help for me but I doubt you will start such a suicide mission. Almost nothing to win and many many new enemies.

Moving out of Tunis is not such a big deal. I can always relocate air units if I want to keep one of the cities and your units will be thrown back to own territory again. Or you take all of France but as said above... would be the best way to get a really strong big brother in the west.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 42
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 10:48:03 AM   
KorutZelva

quote:

I hope you are going for "all of France"

that might be the biggest help for me but I doubt you will start such a suicide mission. Almost nothing to win and many many new enemies.

Moving out of Tunis is not such a big deal. I can always relocate air units if I want to keep one of the cities and your units will be thrown back to own territory again. Or you take all of France but as said above... would be the best way to get a really strong big brother in the west.

Your wish has been granted.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 43
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 11:03:29 AM   
KorutZelva

This is a bit of a test to see how viable 'all of France' can be under the new patch. With the additional US mobilisation hit tied with Germany invading Algeria, all of France allow you to skirt around that. With french NA being minimally defended, Paris falling before august, that's pretty close to optimal condition, so if I can't make it work in this game then you can pretty much write it off for good (or lobby Hubert to increase the reward for doing so). :-)

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/23/2018 11:07:07 AM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 44
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 12:48:23 PM   
room

Spain allied diplo may prove precious here. Especially french investment that will provide longer chances to hit or reduce axis chances. Will the german have enough time to move Franco back enough to lauch D603?

In any case, Algers must NOT be lost as this is where France get its new army... Unless this new army appears in Morocoo if Algers is already lost? The biggest drawback of all France is the delayed pillage... So France must hold longer !!!!

< Message edited by room -- 6/23/2018 12:52:26 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 45
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 1:25:00 PM   
KorutZelva

I saved my sub for this action (no raiding since the beginning of the game). They are blockading the algiers and casablanca ports to keep them under supply 5 (the latter from subs that snuck around gibraltar). Now they are taking a beating by destroyer, carriers and french planes but at without anti-sub they survive to blockade another day.

I sank my first Uk naval asset a BB off the coast of Spain from a german maritime bomber in sardinia and Italian BB. (That's the second maritime bomber revealed...)

Spain diplo was unfortunate but hopefully the french chits won't be sticking around for much longer and we can reverse the situation. :P

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/23/2018 1:27:51 PM >

(in reply to room)
Post #: 46
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 4:23:10 PM   
room

Could we kindly have an updates on losses (including MPP losses) and prod so we could see hwo the classic part of the french campaign went and evaluate better what will happen till French surrender please pretty please :)

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 47
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 6:13:56 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

Could we kindly have an updates on losses (including MPP losses) and prod so we could see hwo the classic part of the french campaign went and evaluate better what will happen till French surrender please pretty please :)

Yer awfully needy for a guy who wouldn't put up a single map to save a reader's life in his own AAR.

(in reply to room)
Post #: 48
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/23/2018 6:29:47 PM   
room

And it's just a start

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 49
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/24/2018 12:15:29 AM   
jjdenver

quote:

Spain allied diplo may prove precious here. Especially french investment that will provide longer chances to hit or reduce axis chances. Will the german have enough time to move Franco back enough to lauch D603?

What is required for D603?

(in reply to room)
Post #: 50
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/24/2018 10:58:55 AM   
PvtBenjamin

Thankfully DE 603 changed considerably in the v1.13 release. Below is the original DE603 and the link to V1.13 changes.

DE 603 – Germany: Entice Franco to Enter the War? § Event fires: If France has surrendered, Italy has joined the Axis, Spain is neutral but with at least a 30% leaning towards the Axis, Algiers and Casablanca are in Axis hands, with a German unit within 3 hexes of Algiers, and there are no Allied troops in France, or within 5 hexes of Oran or Casablanca. § Cost of accepting: 800 MPPs at 200 MPPs a turn for 4 turns. § Yes: Franco will join the Axis, annex Morocco, and crush any internal opposition, and and (unless she has already entered the war) the USA will swing 8-15% towards the Allies. § No: Spain will have to be enticed into entering the war via regular diplomacy, though conquering Egypt and capturing the Suez Canal will encourage Franco to join the Axis.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4488557

(in reply to jjdenver)
Post #: 51
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/24/2018 4:28:10 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

And it's just a start

Well I'm lazy so that's all you're getting.

1940/9/1

German conquered Bougie, Algiers is next.

Allied Carrier bumped into the German task force off the coast of Morocco. The following turn was bad weather so it took 2 battle cruiser and 2 heavy cruiser to sink it. I spotted the location of the other three english carrier are in the area... it could have been way more costly a turn had the weather been good...

I had sent pretty much all of my initial German fleet out in the beginning of the game to be able to guard landing vs Casablanca should I need it in the future. They might get blown to bits next turn if the weather clears but at least they tied the carriers long enough for my planes to advance unmolested towards the new french capital.

< Message edited by KorutZelva -- 6/24/2018 4:44:15 PM >

(in reply to room)
Post #: 52
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/24/2018 6:12:59 PM   
LLv34Mika

Speaking of bad weather... got the same the turn before.

That it did cost me a carrier is really bad but the good thing is that I already sunk 9 axis ships and only lost 2 UK ships (valuable ones but anyway...) That's a ratio I can accept. And I guess I will get another German heavy cruiser pretty soon. Low on supply and pretty alone in the big ocean where so many British ships are floating around.

Will be end of September or early October when Algier is conquered by axis forces. Will be a big boost for the German economy but I also hope it is a big boost for US and USSR mobilization. We will see...

UK bombers also started some raids a few turns ago and so far I did more damage than I had to take. I'm not sure who of us should be more happy with the situation so far.

(Edit: picture attached)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by LLv34Mika -- 6/24/2018 6:13:58 PM >

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 53
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/24/2018 6:30:32 PM   
KorutZelva

1940/10/3

Bad weather saves Algier for another turn. Some movement from the allies in Western Libya, probing the Italian defenses there.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 54
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/24/2018 6:41:35 PM   
LLv34Mika

What is that? Is that music???

I did not know that this song was sung by the French Army! I thought it was some other band...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu2pVPWGYMQ

(explanation for everyone else... the Luftwaffe is forced to sit and wait because of rain in two consecutive turns in Algeria)
sorry KZ, I can't stop laughing

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 55
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/24/2018 6:51:20 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

What is that? Is that music???

I did not know that this song was sung by the French Army! I thought it was some other band...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gu2pVPWGYMQ

(explanation for everyone else... the Luftwaffe is forced to sit and wait because of rain in two consecutive turns in Algeria)
sorry KZ, I can't stop laughing

Can he go for three ladies and gents?

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 56
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/24/2018 7:07:09 PM   
LLv34Mika

I fear you have to explain that to a non native speaker who is not used to every phrase

btw, subs diving and diving and diving and diving at 0 supply are still annoying!

and now I think I have to say au revoir to my singing French.

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 57
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/24/2018 11:44:13 PM   
KorutZelva

quote:

I fear you have to explain that to a non native speaker who is not used to every phrase

btw, subs diving and diving and diving and diving at 0 supply are still annoying!

and now I think I have to say au revoir to my singing French.

I meant, can he go three for three rainy days.

Unfortunately for him but fortunately for me, in was sunny in Algeria so the French had to sue for peace. 1200mpp+ in plunder... Now Germany has almost 700mpp in income per turn without Spain, Hungary and Bulgaria...

That little sub that could manage to elude almost all of the Royal Navy for an entire turn off the coast of Spain, hanging on at str:1.

This display of german valor strongly impressed Franco swinging 22% towards the Axis (Big diplohit).

That plus the fall of France swing, plus a smaller 9% Axis diplohit the turn prior really put the Spain push back on track.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 58
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/25/2018 8:39:57 AM   
LLv34Mika

Can someone explain how it is possible that the Axis can score two diplo hits? GB and France bought all possible chits for Spain.
That was a bit annoying to see all my work going down in flames that way... I thought that would mean a stalemate considering possible diplo hits.

whatever... in North Africa I have to try to gain some more ground before the DAK arrives. The Tobruk army is down to 7, one Italian army was destroyed and many many British units are waiting for an Italian counter attack. Will there be a counter attack or will they retreat to prevent further losses? To be honest I don't even know what I like better.

"Oderint, dum metuant."

(in reply to KorutZelva)
Post #: 59
RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) - 6/25/2018 8:56:13 AM   
KorutZelva

France can only put 2 chits toward Spain. Germany and Italy 3. That meant my first one I got had only 5% of firing.

The second one was scored after France surrendered (and their diplo chit gone) so 15%.

(in reply to LLv34Mika)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> RE: Tourney AAR KorutZelva (Axis) vs Mika (Allies) Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI