Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Destructable Terrain

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Destructable Terrain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Destructable Terrain - 8/25/2018 2:05:18 PM   
Kilovski

Just one more question. Will the game have destructable terrain ie mortor rounds leaving shell holes etc
Post #: 1
RE: Destructable Terrain - 8/25/2018 10:06:53 PM   
GrdAdmiral

Second!! Also.. will it be persistsnt like in a bridge to far or Russian Front? Nothing is more satisfying than being pushed back or cease fire to return to a previous map and see all the destruction and destroyed vehicles on the map.

(in reply to Kilovski)
Post #: 2
RE: Destructable Terrain - 8/27/2018 10:24:34 PM   
CGGrognard

If it's like previous versions, it will. Just played through a campaign of Panthers in the Fog and found that destroyed tanks and shell impacts on highly contested maps. But as I understand, TBF will use more of a Russian Front type mapping system, so I imagine, a highly contested area will retain the shell craters and wrecks from previous battles.

"The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting." - Sun Tzu

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 3
RE: Destructable Terrain - 8/28/2018 7:37:32 AM   
GrdAdmiral

Best news I’ve had today. And that makes me excited that the campaign is progressive. That adds more in depth strategy due to the actions on each level. I can’t wait to play!!

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 4
RE: Destructable Terrain - 8/31/2018 3:36:08 AM   
sepp3gd

I really am pushing for the ability to create defense in depth for maps which are behind the front line. The ability to add trenches, AT obstacles, mines, barb-wire, bunkers, AT ditches. I would like to have gameplay following the Grand Campaign wherein the ability to fall back to prepared lines with defense in depth to consolidate forces and counterattack. Close Combat Wacht am Rhein presents some great opportunities for this sort of thing - not necessarily in the Historically Accurate 25 Day Grand Campaign - but with a scenario editor or some expansion it would be nice to play around with this. Frankly, it would be nice just to have a Close Combat focused on Operation Zitadelle entirely wherein you could engage in every single facet of the operation accordingly to each respective nation. A blank slate as it was then, placing the player in the command of the Wehrmacht and SS as responsible for putting together the entire attack from scratch, with full control to follow historical accuracy to the exact detail or completely change things entirely, a blank-slate. Conversely, as the Red Army to do the same, with the focus on preparing defensive lines and organizing a counter-attack.

(in reply to GrdAdmiral)
Post #: 5
RE: Destructable Terrain - 8/31/2018 10:56:22 PM   
GrdAdmiral

What you outlined would be great!! Especially with TBF, it sounds reasonable. If you look at Tobrunk or Kasserine Pass. Both were defenses campaigns. In fact a large portion of the Afrika campaign was to fall back and hold defensive positions. If we can create our own checkpoints and map defenses, it would also add random elenents and replayability.

(in reply to sepp3gd)
Post #: 6
RE: Destructable Terrain - 9/2/2018 12:08:25 PM   
CSO_Talorgan

quote:

ORIGINAL: CGGrognard

TBF will use more of a Russian Front type mapping system

Does that mean that an MMCC III-type mechanism will become possible?

(in reply to CGGrognard)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Destructable Terrain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI