Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 2/22/2003 7:44:03 AM   
Supervisor

Until Operation Watchtower sells out from the Matrix store, they won't even consider rereleasing them. You can get [B]WatchTower: Guadalcanal 1942 CD[/B] from the Matrix store and several online distributors and [B]Lost Victories 1941: Army Group South CD[/B] from [URL=http://www.chipsbits.com/cgi-bin/order.cbi_home?source=80023]Chips & Bits[/URL] (do a keyword search for Lost Victories) plus several other online retailers, visit the Matrix main page under store front, from there you can see all rerailers that MatrixGames deals with both home and abroad. Unfortunately I believe Desert Fox North Africa I believe is sold out worldwide.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 31
Thanks - 2/22/2003 2:08:38 PM   
Ironfist

NP, I have the Desert Campaign. Was looking for Lost Victorys. Best to have a disc to have as back up. I was broke at the time they came out. So I hope that someone may have one down the road.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 32
- 3/19/2003 3:44:09 AM   
slehtine

Gold, please. Bit polishing here and there would of course be nice. And if designers let, scenarios from the net, too. (Though asking permission from every designer is probably too cumbersome and impractical. As adding them.)

Having MC's in one CD would be very practical.

-Sasa

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 33
- 3/24/2003 1:28:32 AM   
John David

As one who has purchased all 3 MC's for SPWAW, I am glad to see so many others wanting to do the same, although it is very hard, from what I have read, to find MCNA.

Hopefully, the other 2 will sell out as well so that Matrix might release all 3 again whether via direct download or through a re-release of them all.

purchasing these MC's and any other of the great games from Matrix, is a great way to support this wonderful company and the genre of gaming we all love!

I ordered Uncommon Valor last week and I can't wait until it arrives.:cool:

JD

The only thing good about war, is it's ending!

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 34
- 5/4/2003 7:57:33 PM   
Rhodan

If those MC's can be bought by means of downloading them I would be all in favor of that.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/katzzuck/VCFIREFLY.txt[/img]

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 35
- 5/8/2003 3:10:50 PM   
kungfucheez

I feel that the MC should be free, if SPWaW was free why shoudnt MC?

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 36
Not to be one to put a newbie down - 5/8/2003 6:44:06 PM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by kungfucheez
[B]I feel that the MC should be free, if SPWaW was free why shoudnt MC? [/B][/QUOTE]

But your statement is ridiculous. First of all the MC and SPWAW were put out by two different companies. Matrix was only given the source code for SPWAW on the stipulation that they publish any upgrades for free. MC are totaly different they use the same engine-the SPWAW engine but they are a continuous group of battles that go from one to the next depending upon your results. They also come with a tremendous amount of historical data and pictures. With that being said the air I breath is free so why shouldn't the food I eat and the house I live in. I believe that the Car I drive should be free because the road I drive it on is free. How about the high school I go to is free so shouldn't the college I want to go to be free. :p :p :p :p :p Wake up. Nobody gives marketable merchandise away unless they have to.

"Are you going to do something or just stand there and bleed"

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 37
- 5/8/2003 11:50:55 PM   
rbrunsman

Gary, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :rolleyes: That said, your post was a perfect response.:D

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 38
Nah, I tried to be nice - 5/9/2003 12:17:46 AM   
Gary Tatro

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rbrunsman
[B]Gary, did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? :rolleyes: That said, your post was a perfect response.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess I just don't understand the I deserve everything, but don't have to work for it attitude of some people. One of my pet peaves I guess. :)

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 39
- 5/9/2003 2:01:04 AM   
kungfucheez

wo wait a minute, i didnt know the MC were from different company so calm down. Im still a new wargamer( you lucky i didnt get really mad). ;)

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 40
Didn't mean to be snippy - 5/9/2003 2:55:27 AM   
Gary Tatro

Just trying to make a point. I have seen a number of posts similar to yours with a number of people who complain about the bugs or problems with SPWAW saying that MATRIX's should do this and fix that and change this when they got the game for FREE to begin with. I am sort of a cheer leader here and MATRIX's is my team. I tend to get a little protective of them when I thing that people are being unreasonable. I have been playing SPWAW for 2 years straight(almost every single day) and I am still not tired of it. I have never purchased any game that has keeped my interest for that long except for maybe Masters of Orion 2. Well I a glad that you did not get upset. I was not trying to do that. By the way Welcome to the forum.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 41
- 5/9/2003 3:43:51 AM   
rbrunsman

Yeah, welcome kungfucheez. I actually think Gary is just trying to pad his # of posts so he can reach the exalted status of Matrix Hero like me. :D

Everyone is a potential [PBEM] enemy, every place a potential [PBEM] battlefield. --Zensunni Wisdom

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 42
- 5/9/2003 5:33:16 AM   
kungfucheez

over 1000 posts, I could never make that many posts

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 43
- 5/9/2003 6:47:52 AM   
Supervisor

Some of us have too much time on our hands.:D

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 44
Coming back to the point - 5/9/2003 4:28:39 PM   
slyone

Guys,

I think that we are forgetting about the real topic of this thread. It says something about the future of MCs' releases. Has this issue died already?

As far as I know the release was to take place when Watchtower is sold out. Anybody knows if it changed or how many copies are left?:rolleyes:

Panzerschütze Altmann
Panzer 623
Pz.Abt. II
1. Panzer Regiment

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 45
- 5/10/2003 8:11:16 AM   
Supervisor

No, just on the back burner. Still waiting for WT to sell out and most efforts are being ppumped into Combat Leader.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 46
desert campaign available? - 6/7/2003 2:02:16 PM   
STEELER13

[B][COLOR=blue]Yo All,
Quick question....when will North Africa megacampaign be available again? I am willing to spend money for it, and as I understand it, it was originally offered as a download, so obviously it is available to be sold(theoretically---I mean, your servers could have melted or some other disaster occur, but that's what backups are for, right?). Is there a reason this is listed as discontinued? I am really really interested in purchasing or obtaining somehow, this product.
I am posting, as I have received no response to two emails. Please let me know. Thank you.

[/COLOR][/B]

BEST WISHES,
STEELER

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 47
- 6/7/2003 7:34:29 PM   
Jim1954

Sorry to burst the bubble but it was never available as a stand alone download. You had to purchase it from Matrix or one of it's distributors. It did have a copy of an older version of SPWaW on it, 5.1 or 5.3, in fact all the MC's have some full version on them.

There are patches that are still on Matrix's homepage for these, perhaps that is what you thought was a downloadable game.

As to the future, who knows. At last look, Matrix still had stock remaining of the last MC, Watchtower, and until they were sold out, then nothing was going to happen on the MC front.

There has been "unoffical" musings about some sort of re-release , and such but I don't know what will happen, if anything.

:)

Jim1954
KMC/T

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 48
- 6/7/2003 9:16:56 PM   
Wild Bill

Having been the chief coordinator for Desert Fox 41 and Watchtower 42 Mega Campaigns, I'm delighted to see the interest that is still here.

Watchtower is still available and being the third in the series, it is probably the most improved. That is not blowing my own horn, just a fact.

The downside is that more folks want EF stuff rather than Pacific. That is too bad. The Watchtower Mega Campaign is a virtual electronic encyclopedia on the war in the Pacifc with its primary focus on the Marine efforts to hold the island against the worst possible conditions. It was an Alamo in its own right but one where the beleaguered defenders carried the day.

Every type of scenario imaginable is here with various routes of scenario choice at the player's disposal.

As to satisfactioin, I have talked with David Heath personally about them and I can assure you he is very pleased with public response. It was the "Mega Campaign" that put Matrix into high gear and into the gaming public's eye.

I think the "disappointment" might be all the hassle that went on initially with setting up the sales system and the problems with the companies that were doing the CDs initially.

Call it growing pains.

I can state personally that I am ecstatic about the results from the Mega Campaigns and I wish we could do at least one more prior to the release of Combat Leader.

The hardest, most challenging and most frustrating work I ever did in gaming were the two mega campaigns plus helping Brent in an advisory capacity with Lost Victories.

Money wise, in my mind the Mega Campaign is worth every penny spent on it. So many hours of fun and the possibility of replay.

So we'll see. If there is another, in spite of the voluminous amount of work involved, I'd be willing to go through just to see it done.

And Gmenfan, you're doing a great job. I lift my helmet to you and offer you a snappy Kunel's salute for your magnificent efforts. Hang in there, Warrior. We all appreciate you!

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 49
why the delay - 6/7/2003 10:29:20 PM   
STEELER13

[COLOR=blue][FONT=arial][B]Yo Jim and Wild Bill,
Sorry, still confused. IIRC, when this first came out, it was available by cd or you could pay for the download of the MegaCampaign(like other companies do now--symantec, etc). The SPWAW was always free.

In either case, why can't it be purchased as a download? I figure it could be placed in a zip, as obviously someone has a copy. SPWAW is already available. Many people buy software by downloads now. People like me are willing to pay good 'ol American dollars for it. Am I missing something here?

Why is the decision reliant on selling the remainder of the least popular of the three? Besides, Watchtower is listed as out of stock on the products webpage....actually everything is listed as either out of stock, in development, or discontinued. Is something up?

As for the Wild Bill's comment, I have to admit, I am highly interested in East Front and West Front and Desert campaign, as opposed to the Pacific. I don't know why, but I guess when I think tanks, I think of the first three long before I think of the last, and tanks are the primary reason I play SPWAW. Honestly I would like to try it, but not at the same price I would pay for the Desert or East Front(or a future West Front one)...perhaps bundle it with the others. I realize the same effort if not more was probably put into WatchTower than into the others, but I am just being honest as to my own interests and my limited budget! I am sure others bought Watchtower and not the first two because they are only interested in Pacific. Perhaps a bundling would be best option. Just a thought.

In either case I think MegaCampaigns are a fantastic idea and I would be curious as to the reasons for their apparent demise. Or I'll just shut up and go away if Matrix sells me a download of the North Africa aand the East Front Megacampaigns! :) :D [/B][/FONT][/COLOR]

BEST WISHES,
STEELER

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 50
- 6/7/2003 11:07:36 PM   
Voriax

Steeler, I cannot remember that any of the MC's would have *ever* been available as download.

There has been some talk about this earlier, you could try to do a forum search about it...I guess the main problem would be that many people still have problems downloading even smaller patches so if person pays $, gets a d/l password and download fails it will couse plenty of extra hassle.
Need to verify that the d/l indeed was broken, identity of persons etc..and what if all seems to go well and d/l is complete but corrupted?

As for sales...I recall Matrix people said that the production run for each MC was 2000 copies. I may be wrong in this but the exact number isn't that important. What is important is that the sales dwindled into few MC's/week towards the end of stock.

So it's not worth doing another relatively large batch of MC cd's. However with current cd burners being very fast I don't understand why not simply sell 'homeburned' cd's whenever there is a buyer? The quality isn't that much worse than a commercially made cd and most buyers can make a backup copy.

Voriax

Oh God give Me strength to accept those things I cannot change with a firearm!

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 51
good point about cd - 6/8/2003 9:20:00 AM   
STEELER13

[FONT=arial][COLOR=blue][B]Yo Voriax,
I am not trying to start a fight, or dictate policy to Matrix Games. I am extremely grateful for all the work put into SPWAW. I understand from your post the website may not be sophisticated enough to handle download purchases. Fine.
As you said, though, they could burn a few copies for the die-hard interested people willing to pay.
I have $25 to pay for the North Africa MegaCampaign. Granted I am only one person, and it is only $25, but I am very interested. Maybe I am wrong, but I am sure I am not alone in trying to purchase the game. I have done searches on ebay, in newsgroups, and elsewhere. I found posts from a couple months back where others were looking for a pirated version as they couldn't purchase it.
I am not going to go for a pirated version(although, if Matrix no longer makes money off the game, is it still piracy?). But I am willing to trade games(East Front, OAW, SPIII, etc), buy the game off someone no longer playing theirs, or something. I would prefer Matrix would take me up on my offer of $25 for the game. I will even take my chance on the zip. I live in PA, about an hour and a half away, so it is not like mailing to a foreign location.
Please, Matrix, let me know. Thank you.

I do have one suggestion:All games under the product page are listed as discontinued, in development, or out of stock. Perhaps you could list an estimated date of release?
[/B][/COLOR][/FONT]

BEST WISHES,
STEELER

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 52
- 6/10/2003 2:36:53 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys

I am just going to say spread the word ..... Mega Campaigns maybe back sooner then everyone thinks.

David

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 53
Release - 6/10/2003 4:26:50 PM   
slyone

Does it mean tomorrow???!!!

But seriously, David, this statement lightens up our hearts. We all keep our fingers crossed. :D :D :D

Panzerschütze Altmann
Panzer 623
Pz.Abt. II
1. Panzer Regiment

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 54
David - tell me it is so! - 6/11/2003 2:32:44 AM   
Akmatov

Hope your not just teasing us.:D

I've got Desert Fox, but misses out on the other two due to 'cash flow' and 'domestic relations' issues - how's that for PC talk?:)

Would really like to get the last two MegaCampaigns, so sign me up as supporting the concept.

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 55
Please Please Please Matrix - 6/11/2003 6:49:34 AM   
Klinkenhoffen

Is matrix open to bribery and corruption. If so then I take back all those nasty things I said about you and megacampains.

I have a big wad of dollars for you if you re release soon.:D

Klinkenhoffen:D

It's all gone horribly wrong !

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 56
YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! - 6/11/2003 7:17:19 AM   
Birdgunner

Please don't tease me! :mad: :D

As a latecomer to SPWAW I've missed out on the MegaCampaigns.

So Please Please Please Please Please Re-Release them Matrix.

BTW, Any ETA on the re-release? Sorry, had to ask.;)

Birdgunner

UBIQUE!

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 57
- 7/16/2003 8:51:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Good things are coming guys. Just hang on..WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 58
- 7/16/2003 9:26:57 AM   
AbsntMndedProf

Speaking as someone who has been here for a couple of years, I can attest to the fact that if Wild Bill says something is so, you can take it to the bank!

Eric Maietta

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 59
- 7/16/2003 11:58:57 AM   
Wild Bill

I appreciate your confidence professor and you guys won't be disappointed...Now I was going to say something else but I forgot ;)

WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Supervisor)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mega-Campaigns for SP:WaW >> Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI