Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fast Transport

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Fast Transport Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fast Transport - 8/29/2019 8:53:52 PM   
pcasey

Task forces can choose various missions.

One of those missions is "Fast Transport".

If I choose that kind of mission I can pick most surface combatants (DD, CA, BB) and a subset of transports like APD.

If I read the manual, each of the combat ships has a certain "notional" cargo capacity ... DD can carry like 50 cargo, and CA is more like 200 or some such.

If I build a Fast Transport task force full of APD I can load cargo or troops on it normally.

If I build a Fast Transport task force with like 5 DD in it, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to load any cargo though ... what's the secret to getting combat ships to load cargo when in a Fast Transport task force?
Post #: 1
RE: Fast Transport - 8/29/2019 9:28:31 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: pcasey

If I choose that kind of mission I can pick most surface combatants (DD, CA, BB) and a subset of transports like APD.

If I read the manual, each of the combat ships has a certain "notional" cargo capacity ... DD can carry like 50 cargo, and CA is more like 200 or some such.

If I build a Fast Transport task force full of APD I can load cargo or troops on it normally.

If I build a Fast Transport task force with like 5 DD in it, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to load any cargo though ... what's the secret to getting combat ships to load cargo when in a Fast Transport task force?

I believe only IJN surface combatants have that "notional" cargo capacity (as the IJN did historically use their ships this way but the USN didn't, nor outside of Dunkirk did any other Allied navy that I can think of).

Edit: typo.

< Message edited by Gridley380 -- 8/29/2019 9:29:02 PM >

(in reply to pcasey)
Post #: 2
RE: Fast Transport - 8/29/2019 9:32:51 PM   
engineer

That's my understanding, too. Also, note that Allied APD's usually have a capacity of 180 or 200 and when you go with fast transport mission, that capacity is cut in third.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 3
RE: Fast Transport - 8/29/2019 9:41:25 PM   
pcasey

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: pcasey

I believe only IJN surface combatants have that "notional" cargo capacity (as the IJN did historically use their ships this way but the USN didn't, nor outside of Dunkirk did any other Allied navy that I can think of).

Edit: typo.

Ah ... so that only applies to IJN ships.

That would seem to be the secret sauce I was missing.

Thank you.

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 4
RE: Fast Transport - 8/29/2019 9:44:51 PM   
RangerJoe

You could consider looking at some of the previous threads started by other people for answers. Then, if you don't find what you want, just start ONE thread. Just thinking . . .

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to engineer)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room >> Fast Transport Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI