Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German turn 17 west

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> German turn 17 west Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German turn 17 west - 6/10/2003 6:16:56 PM   
Kaakao

On with the game.

Moving forward hex by hex and while taking some casualities the soviets are taking alot more of them. Wonder how many thousand I still need to kill to have same amount of troops :)

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 91
Re: German turn 17 west - 6/16/2003 2:27:59 AM   
Capt. Pixel

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Kaakao
[B]On with the game.

Moving forward hex by hex and while taking some casualities the soviets are taking alot more of them. Wonder how many thousand I still need to kill to have same amount of troops :) [/B][/QUOTE]

At last count, something like three thousand. Right, Scharf? ;)

"Always mystify, mislead, and surprise the enemy, if possible. "
- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 92
Re: Re: German turn 17 west - 6/17/2003 8:29:09 PM   
Scharfschütze

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Capt. Pixel
[B]At last count, something like three thousand. Right, Scharf? ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Capt. , that is not counting the [I]reserves[/I] :p :D :p

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 93
- 6/17/2003 11:46:14 PM   
Capt. Pixel

{Pixel snaps his fingers}
Oh yeah! I'm always forgetting those guys. Probably 'cause they're riding all those T-34s, eh? ;)

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 94
German turn 17 east - 6/18/2003 4:06:42 PM   
DerC

Since my infantry won't move, I ordered the mech troops and tanks to move forward. It's gone pretty well so far, I lost a tank or two and even knocked out a KV-2. Now I'm just waiting for the backlash.. :rolleyes:
The "River Tiger" got hit by an AA gun once again but managed to escape.

Woohoo, it's only been 17 turns and I'm still a hex away from my very first victory location. :p :D :(

If you're ever having an argument with an idiot make sure he isn't.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 95
17/Sov/West - 6/19/2003 3:20:08 AM   
Scharfschütze

Comrade Captain, it is indeed fortunate that Stavka has provided us with such extensive armoured support to meet the invaders! ;)

Nonetheless, german progress is slow but methodical. Thier artillery fire has lessened somewhat, but they are probably just bringing up more ammo. My troops are well entrenched and await the next attack, which might take place anywhere along the smoke-enshrouded frontline...

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 96
- 6/24/2003 11:16:46 PM   
DerC

bump

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 97
Turn 17/SO/E - 6/28/2003 9:30:35 PM   
Capt. Pixel

I tried posting a couple of days ago, but it wouldn't take. :confused:

ANyway...
A Soviet pillbox was ineffectively rushed by two Flamingos. You'd think that'd be bad for the Flamingos? Not So! The pillbox fired, driving off an attendant squad. Then the Flamingos returned fire and fried the pillbox. One less obstacle to the German advance. :mad:

A valiant KV-1 busted through a house and charged the same Flamingos only to become roasted too. Oy!

Meanwhile, small arms fire is being exchanged all along the easternmost protion of the battleline. The German advance is static. ;)

If I ever find those SiG33s, they're all dead men. :mad:

Keep the Faith people, keep the faith. :cool:

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 98
German turn 18 west - 7/4/2003 6:15:04 PM   
Kaakao

Back in action.

Just waiting for some movements to be completed so that I can push on. One T-34 went boom along with some soviet infantry.

Good thing that you have enough armored targets for our tanks ;)

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 99
- 7/11/2003 1:02:08 AM   
Capt. Pixel

bump

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 100
German turn 18 east - 7/11/2003 2:34:06 AM   
DerC

:o Sorry, I've been a bit busy.

However, this was my best turn so far. I captured a VH, killed a couple of vehicles and some infantry. In some places I was able to advance over 100 meters before running into determined defenders.

Okay, since I'm entering service next week, I won't be able to play turns for approx. 2-3 weeks until my first weekend off. Hope you don't mind. :confused: :)

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 101
Sov/18/West - 7/14/2003 3:20:17 PM   
Scharfschütze

Back and fro rages the fight over the the soviet trenches. In some places the enemy advances, in others we push them pack. And shoot a [B]Flamingo[/B] on the go...

With the attackers momentarily reeling, it is about ime to let the artillery kick in once more...can´t wait for the results!

DerC, enjoy your first few weeks in the army...err well, try to! ;):p;)

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 102
Turn 18/SO/E - 7/17/2003 1:57:36 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Oof. We're beginning to feel the weight of the German push. Artillery is pounding the Soviet defenders senseless, and Rallying is becoming increasingly difficult.

I am beginning to hate those little Flamingos. I press forward to assault, and they destroy entire squads in a single shot. A Conscript and a Rifle squad are lost to them this turn. :(

I can see das Riverboot, but am afraid to open fire, lest I reveal my position. I know I can't damage it, so why fire? Quite a predicament. So we hide and wait, patiently. ;)

Unfortunately for the Germans, even if I cease to defend this rubble pile, they still have to overcome the terrain. Movement is slowed to a crawl, and they'll be lucky to take another VH before the game ends. :p

Soviet 107s continue to pound the advancing Germans and cap a Halftrack with a lucky shot. German Infantry is telling the tale of nearly constant Soviet mortar bombardment. Nearly every squad we see has been reduced to half-squads or less. A couple of rounds of rifle and machinegun fire is all that's needed to finish them off.

(To General Scharfschuetze: I watched your mortar fire pound a pair of vehicles at the eastern map edge. They were hit a half-dozen times. I expect they'll be retreating after that pyrotechnics display. :D )

Come along you poor german boys, into the Cauldron. :cool:

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 103
bump - 7/26/2003 11:09:59 PM   
Capt. Pixel

kaakao should have the turn.

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 104
- 7/26/2003 11:34:14 PM   
Scharfschütze

Resend I´d say...

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 105
- 7/26/2003 11:55:46 PM   
DerC

No worries, he's still stuck at the barracks for another week, so that's why there's been no response. ;)
I've tried to make the most of my first two weeks in the army. Sometimes the stuff really gets on your nerves when you have to hurry everywhere. You really learn to appreciate any rest you can get. :) I've heard that things will eventually ease a bit after the 'Soldier's oath' after which we are "promoted" from conscripts to jaegers, artillerymen, engineers etc.
This is my first weekend off and hopefully we'll both be able to play the turns next saturday-sunday.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 106
- 7/27/2003 1:47:37 AM   
Scharfschütze

[QUOTE]Originally posted by DerC
[B]No worries, he's still stuck at the barracks for another week, so that's why there's been no response. ;)
I've tried to make the most of my first two weeks in the army. Sometimes the stuff really gets on your nerves when you have to hurry everywhere. You really learn to appreciate any rest you can get. :) I've heard that things will eventually ease a bit after the 'Soldier's oath' after which we are "promoted" from conscripts to jaegers, artillerymen, engineers etc.
This is my first weekend off and hopefully we'll both be able to play the turns next saturday-sunday. [/B][/QUOTE]

No problem. Ah, the joys of conscription... ;)

I had something like that on the back of my mind, but was to lazy to sort through old posts.:rolleyes:

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 107
German turn 19 west - 8/4/2003 11:01:39 PM   
Kaakao

Back again.

Got stuck in the barracks for three weeks in a row so it was quite hard to play any turns :) I have the next weekend free so I should be able to play my turn the if it's my turn.

This turn got one KV, that's about it. Slow advance.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 108
German Turn 19 east - 8/9/2003 3:38:20 PM   
DerC

Lost two halftracks and killed some infantry. Advance is very slow because almost all paths of advance are blocked by rubble or Russian defenders. Sent the turn to Scharf.

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 109
Sov/19/West - 8/12/2003 7:39:50 PM   
Scharfschütze

The enemy tried another advance ino our positions, bagging a KV-2 (sniff). Payback came form a couple of nearby T-34s raining AP on the Pz-IIIjs, killing one. Bad shooting here, I had hoped for much more...

In the far west, the enemy is badly pinned by mortar fire, and we keep the pressure on. By some black miracle I only got one totally routed Pz-Iv and missed his equally defenceless mate numerous times. Hope he gets caught in some rubble fleeing... :p

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 110
Gonna be a bit - 8/13/2003 4:58:41 AM   
Capt. Pixel

We just moved across town. Having tech difficulties with the phone. The phone jacks are all circa 1960 :eek: and in pretty sorry shape too.

I suspect this may take several days. (and Ma Bell West isn't being much help either)

Hang tough - I haven't forgotten you. :cool:

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 111
SO/19/E - 8/18/2003 1:49:15 AM   
Capt. Pixel

Finally!!

(It's a good thing my wife has medical priority. Else God only knows how long it would've taken to get the phone lines hooked up. Seems that the US has not only a 3rd world Electrical Grid, but we're working downgrading to a 3rd world phone system too!! :mad: )

The Germans are pushing North on both fronts. An unfortunate Flamingo crosses the sites of a pillbox and goes up in flames. HaHA!!

Several German squads are driven back by valiant Soviet soldiers. Right underneath some of the most effective 107mm and 120mm artillery so far this battle.

Capt. Pixel's squad is pinned down by German artillery. I'm beginning to get concerned for his safety. :(

Nonetheless, we hold ground and are making the German swine pay dearly for every inch of their advance. :cool:

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 112
Sov/21/west - 9/19/2003 6:39:46 PM   
Scharfschütze

A probing attack on some routed german infantry in the far west carries me to a street where german StuGs and a panzer are rolling to the front. As the amrour is pretty occupied dodging my incoming mortar rounds, and my infantry has reached the limit of its move, attack is the only option. A T-34 is called in in support, and the brief firefight leaves one StuG and the Pz burning, the latter after suffering a cocktail party... :D

Closer to the river, the enemy is also bogged down by the barrage. A team of T-34s bags another Pz-IIIj, the best the enemy has to offer. :p

(in reply to Kaakao)
Post #: 113
Swan Song - 2/28/2004 6:02:26 PM   
Capt. Pixel

Okay, I've had enough of this. A 13 month game is not what I signed up for.

I want to thank all those who made this possible:

M4Jess, thanks for the map. It truly was a metropolis ground into mortar and tears. I wish I could have seen more of it than the 1 kilometer front I've been defending for the past year.

Scharfschuetze - you played it well, my friend. Yours was by far the tougher ordeal, and you stood stalwart at my right hand.

Kaakao and DerC - thank you for the game. I know it was an uphill fight for your Germans, but you pressed on well. Unfortunately, the terrain, even more than the Soviet troops, was against you every step of the way. I'm certain that if you had not had the troubles with amphibious operations, the battle would have taken a completely different turn. Congrats on garduation and Good Luck to both of you in pursuing your futures.

Hasta la vista, baby!

- Stonewall Jackson

(in reply to Scharfschütze)
Post #: 114
RE: Swan Song - 3/15/2004 6:22:24 PM   
Scharfschütze

I guess you are right about the pointlessness of this. Getting hammered by mortars while crawling through a ruined wasteland seems to have a discouraging effect on the attackers morale. I think the key in holding the western flank were those counterattacks preceded and followed by heavy mortar shelling. In the end, the germans lost their mobility...

Whatever...

(in reply to Capt. Pixel)
Post #: 115
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SPWaW AAR/DAR >> German turn 17 west Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI