Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Starvation but no idea why

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Starvation but no idea why Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 7:33:15 PM   
spork

In my current game everything was going fine until I built a new city and second zone - since then the second zone has never had any food for the populace (but plenty for workers), and my units keep running out of food. I have surplus in both zones and the SHQ and my logistics network is green everywhere. I've also turned on emergency food but that has had no effect. Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?
Post #: 1
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 7:41:08 PM   
KingHalford

Can you post a link to a screenshot?

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 2
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 7:50:21 PM   
ramnblam

This happened to me as well, I quickly constructed a agridome and turned on emergency food, I'm not sure what fixed it, because the next time I checked it was fine.

(in reply to KingHalford)
Post #: 3
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 7:58:31 PM   
Dampfnudel

quote:

ORIGINAL: spork

In my current game everything was going fine until I built a new city and second zone - since then the second zone has never had any food for the populace (but plenty for workers), and my units keep running out of food. I have surplus in both zones and the SHQ and my logistics network is green everywhere. I've also turned on emergency food but that has had no effect. Anyone have any ideas as to what I am doing wrong?

Check if the city has logistical issues. Emergency food needs to be delivered.

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 4
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 8:04:07 PM   
Splatsch

quote:

ORIGINAL: KingHalford

Can you post a link to a screenshot?

I've got a same kind of issue since several turns, and really don't understand why. I've got enough food in stock, My units are well supplied, but my population is beginning to starve ?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 8:05:55 PM   
KingHalford

^^^ What Dampfnudel said. It looks like you've got the food you need in the screenshot so it has to be a logistical issue: remember that it can take a few turns for newly altered logistics to take effect (surely the most confusing part of the entire system!)

I also had this problem in one of my youtube let's plays, and I found that waiting a few turns fixed it.

< Message edited by KingHalford -- 6/10/2020 8:06:41 PM >

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to Splatsch)
Post #: 6
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 8:18:20 PM   
Splatsch

quote:

^^^ What Dampfnudel said. It looks like you've got the food you need in the screenshot so it has to be a logistical issue: remember that it can take a few turns for newly altered logistics to take effect (surely the most confusing part of the entire system!)

I also had this problem in one of my youtube let's plays, and I found that waiting a few turns fixed it.

First thanks for helping !
Well, that's what I was doing before, but after several turns, it was still the same.
But I just tried to allow emergency food : it's working for me ! (Hunger is now "dropping". Which should be a green arrow by the way, when it improves ^^")
But... I don't understand : why is my population needing it ?

Post #: 7
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 8:21:33 PM   
spork

It seems to have magically fixed itself after upgrading yesterday's beta to the final patch. Which is strange as I thought there wasn't any difference, maybe it was something else but I can't see what.

I was hoping it just needed me to run a few turns but that didn't seem to help, I think the last thing I did was allocate some public funds to the zone budget in case that allowed them to buy food off me, or something. I can't tell if that worked, but I doubt it would suddenly resupply all of my units as well. Now that I think of it it's suspicious that *all* of my units ran out of food, no matter where they were.

< Message edited by spork -- 6/10/2020 8:25:53 PM >

(in reply to ramnblam)
Post #: 8
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 8:24:29 PM   
KingHalford

Did you nationalise or damage their Agriculture Dome when you took the city?

Ben "BATTLEMODE"
www.eXplorminate.co

(in reply to spork)
Post #: 9
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 8:41:10 PM   
Splatsch

quote:

One "basic" question : what's the matter if you don't nationalise Agriculture Dome ? May it prevent access food to your population ?

Post #: 10
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 8:45:30 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Splatsch

quote:

One "basic" question : what's the matter if you don't nationalise Agriculture Dome ? May it prevent access food to your population ?

The population will try to eat the "Private Food" first. If they lack enough, they will buy it with private credits.
However emergency food allows them to use your Public food in case they run out.
Only Workers, Clonists and Soldiers (inlcuding the ones still in the SHQ) need public food. The population will jsut build and keep upgrading that Domefarm (or in some cases, open air farm).

There is little point nationalizing it, as it provide some public food at 0 upkeep,

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 6/10/2020 8:46:48 PM >

(in reply to Splatsch)
Post #: 11
RE: Starvation but no idea why - 6/10/2020 8:47:26 PM   
Jdane

Edit : I couldn't have said it better than zgrssd.

< Message edited by Jdane -- 6/10/2020 8:48:25 PM >

(in reply to Splatsch)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Starvation but no idea why Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI