Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Allied Aircraft Tops and Alphas

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New Allied Aircraft Tops and Alphas Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Allied Aircraft Tops and Alphas - 1/30/2021 5:20:44 PM   
el cid again

The 6.14 update for RHS includes extensively reworked tops and related alphas. The first major
work by Mifune in a long time, this

RHS Comprehensive Update 6.14

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap7XOIkiBuUwha4tGHbAfCvtPzNqnQ?e=HGpyfM

This is an unusually significant and comprehensive update. It includes files of every
sort: pwhexe.dat files, art files, scenario files and documentation files.

Note in particular RHS aircraft art is generally useful in ALL mods. RHS participated in a universal
project to generate aircraft and ship art. Usually stock bitmaps are used, when they exist. Mifune
worked in Gimp at much higher resolution and much higher color depth than AE permits. [See AMD materials
originally from ATI - which AMD bought - about why rendering at higher resolution than used in the
final display product is the best way to achieve the best product possible]. I recommend players with
stock, RHS or any mod using similar aircraft use these tops and alphas - adding any unique work you may
have added to the common project. Even aircraft types not used in any RHS scenario may be present. You
can identify bitmaps and aircraft scenario slot numbers using the RHS documentation materials on aircraft.
These include tools like look up the plane in alphabetical order to find slot or bitmap ID.

Finding what bitmap (etc) is used by a particular aircraft image is facilitated by documentation files.
In particular, there is a new Allied Aircraft Excel Spreadsheet listing all types in alphabetical order.

Post #: 1
RE: New Allied Aircraft Tops and Alphas - 1/30/2021 11:15:50 PM   
GaryChildress

Glad to hear Mifune is still around!

(in reply to el cid again)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> New Allied Aircraft Tops and Alphas Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI