Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[WAD] ESSM getting Dropped

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] ESSM getting Dropped Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[WAD] ESSM getting Dropped - 3/14/2021 4:35:56 PM   
BDukes

Hi All

Load the attached scenario and observe Thai a frigate shooting ESSMs at a Fishbed that drop due to loss of illumination. The weather is not great but making it Sunny and 70 didn't change the behavior. Added another Thai frigate of the same type but moved it south and it worked fine. Moved the firing frigate to a new location and it worked fine. Ungrouped in the same location and no difference (so not a group hand-off issue or something) Might be an edge case with that specific location. I'm using build .17.

Thanks!

Mike

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 4/8/2021 6:50:45 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: ESSM getting Dropped - 3/14/2021 7:41:57 PM   
thewood1

The only thing I saw that stood out was if I moved the Fishbed closer to the frigate, it re-illuminated and the ESSM homed in. It looks like at 20 nm the aspect of the Fishbed is a primary consideration. Side on, the good lock. Tail on, intermittent lock at best. I didn't try moving the frigate just the fishbed. I have seen something like this before and wasn't sure if the lock was that tricky at beyond 20 nm for the illuminating radar.

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 2
RE: ESSM getting Dropped - 3/14/2021 7:58:28 PM   
BDukes

quote:

ORIGINAL: thewood1

The only thing I saw that stood out was if I moved the Fishbed closer to the frigate, it re-illuminated and the ESSM homed in. It looks like at 20 nm the aspect of the Fishbed is a primary consideration. Side on, the good lock. Tail on, intermittent lock at best. I didn't try moving the frigate just the fishbed. I have seen something like this before and wasn't sure if the lock was that tricky at beyond 20 nm for the illuminating radar.

Yeah makes sense. I added a frigate to the south about the same distance and it successfully engaged which supports aspect change. Hope it helps the devs figure it out. Thanks for helping with this one!

Mike

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: ESSM getting Dropped - 4/6/2021 7:29:43 PM   
WSBot

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 4
RE: ESSM getting Dropped - 4/7/2021 6:21:27 PM   
PaulTheWolf

Hi all,

I tested this use case and BDukes is correct. At that engagement distance the Radar can only intermittently deliver an engagement quality track based on the Fishbed's aspect. I tested it with a larger RCS Contact at the same range as the Fishbed and the ESSM had no problem picking off the target. I believe this is currently Working as Designed, but as always thank you for bringing any possible issue to our attention!

Paul.

(in reply to WSBot)
Post #: 5
RE: ESSM getting Dropped - 4/7/2021 7:10:54 PM   
BDukes

Thanks Paul!

Mike

(in reply to PaulTheWolf)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [WAD] ESSM getting Dropped Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI