Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New Scenario for Testing NF #41 Tour de Force

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: New Scenario for Testing NF #41 Tour de Force Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New Scenario for Testing NF #41 Tour de Force - 9/8/2021 7:14:34 PM   
robertqin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gunner98

I'll update the first post so it has the latest file.

Glad you like the scenario, the updated version will be more of a challenge for you I think.

Although the shuttle resupply of munitions would likely be a viable option, I don't think parking ships in one spot is something that would happen. Rotating carriers is critical in real ops for other items not modeled in the game such as rations, aviation fuel, spare parts, replacement personnel etc.

The limited mines is by design, they are buried in one of the AORs down south, forces you to either conduct a forward replen or engage the B-52s

Identifying units by radar signature etc is the way the game works and is not unrealistic. Perhaps identifying ground units is a bit too easy but I suppose I could screw up those numbers by adding vehicles and things. Will think on that.

Thanks for the report.

Thank you for your reply!

I admit parking CVBG is a bit cheesy, so I still rotate them back from time to time for resupply especially on bombs, HARM and Harpoons. I only did shuttle ferry on regular AAM (especially Phoenix) and emergency resupply of harpoon after the first engagement with enemy CVBG.

For the naval mines, I was talking about that loading them up to the CV had a problem. AOR mount baker has the mines, but the CV does not seem to take them when resupplying as they do not have entries of the mines in their magazine. I added entries of the naval mines to the CV magazine (the 0/80 one so the CV has the entry but no actual mines) and the CV then started receiving mines from AOR.

(in reply to Gunner98)
Post #: 151
RE: New Scenario for Testing NF #41 Tour de Force - 9/8/2021 7:44:41 PM   
Gunner98

quote:

For the naval mines, I was talking about that loading them up to the CV had a problem. AOR mount baker has the mines, but the CV does not seem to take them when resupplying as they do not have entries of the mines in their magazine. I added entries of the naval mines to the CV magazine (the 0/80 one so the CV has the entry but no actual mines) and the CV then started receiving mines from AOR.

Ahhh OK, good point and an easy fix for an update. I'll try and get that fixed and upload a new file by the weekend.

Cheers

B

Check out our novel, Northern Fury: H-Hour!: http://northernfury.us/
And our blog: http://northernfury.us/blog/post2/
Twitter: @NorthernFury94 or Facebook https://www.facebook.com/northernfury/

(in reply to robertqin)
Post #: 152
RE: New Scenario for Testing NF #41 Tour de Force - 9/8/2021 7:47:49 PM   
robertqin

Also for the identifying units via radar signature part, I worded my point very badly which might have led to confusion. I think the flaw is only on the “identifying ground contact by how many units they have” part, not the A2A radar part. I threw in the latter as another tip while I was composing the former but did not make it a separate point. The latter is totally realistic. For the former, adding some more mounts to confuse the player would definitely work! I recall in one of the Iceland scenarios from NF, some of the S300 have extra ammo in their store, which really threw me off as I sent in strike ac while thinking they were out of ammo (I counted how many missiles they spent and cross referenced the DB for this)

I will try the latest version after I finish all the other scenarios from your series! I really love them.

(in reply to robertqin)
Post #: 153
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios >> RE: New Scenario for Testing NF #41 Tour de Force Page: <<   < prev  2 3 4 5 [6]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI