Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What Campaigns would you be interested in

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What Campaigns would you be interested in Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What Campaigns would you be interested in - 8/8/2001 4:29:00 AM   
A_B

The Campaign Collective – which is five to six people right now, with another 12 on the mailing list, is working on a big east front campaign. My question is , what other campaigns are people interested in. How many people play campaigns? Do you like campaigns that cover one operation, like Watchword Freedom, or long ones, like Long Long Road to Victory? Do you like campaigns to be pretty easy, or challenging, or a combination of both. Do you like to pick your core force, or use a ‘pre-picked’ one. Do you like large battles, battalion plus, or smaller battles, battalion minus. Do you play campaigns with CC on or off. Do you like short campaigns of 4-6 battles, medium campaigns 7-15 battles, or big campaigns 16 plus. I’d be especially interested in what new peoples preferences are. Some possible campaigns I’ve been thinking about are; A long german campaign (all of WWII) A US Airborne Campaign A US Army in the pacific campaign (infantry) Polish campaign – following a mostly British timeline after the fall of Poland. A Fallschirmjaeger Campaign – 1939 to ’41 Indian vs. Japan in Burma (the Forgotten War – already have the maps for this one done)

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought
Post #: 1
- 8/8/2001 4:33:00 AM   
dycemc

I'd love a long German campaign that is tougher than the one with the game. I was playing one and inlate 1943 I had about 50 Tiger tanks. Needless to say the Russians were no match for this OOB considering all I had to do was place them from the top of the map to the bottom. A hypothetical one of Sea Lion would be one I'd even pay for. :)

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 2
- 8/8/2001 5:33:00 AM   
pops

..a good Allied camp would be nice...it seems like there are so many more Axis ones...

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 3
- 8/8/2001 6:02:00 AM   
Grumble

I would to see an Allied Italy campaign for the "long campaign slot", and a Market-Garden or Scheldt campaign for the "short campaign slot". Maybe an Italian East Africa one for variety.

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 4
- 8/8/2001 7:17:00 AM   
MacCready

How about Allied Invasion of Sicily and Italy.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 5
- 8/8/2001 3:24:00 PM   
rjmsx

Any German campaign will do as long as it is challenging enough. I prefer the long campaigns where you can pick your own core force.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 6
- 8/8/2001 4:17:00 PM   
Belisarius

How about the Winter war and the Continuation war in Finland??

Got StuG?

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 7
- 8/8/2001 6:17:00 PM   
jamiep1

How about a campaign that follows General Patton? Maybe even a MC with his and Monty's competition in the race to Berlin? As you can guess, he's my favorite general! :)

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 8
- 8/8/2001 6:51:00 PM   
Paul Goodman

I would like to see a campaign which utilized actual combat unit oob. I did this with Soviet Union Tank Regiment, beginning in May, 1942. However, it got totally messed up as this unit had a company of KV's and a batallion of T-60's. No way to reconfigure without being charged for massive replacement points (besides, I know I got KV-85's coming long before T-34/85 and I ain't about to turn those KV-1's in!!) I assume such a thing would be possible only with a long megacampaign. Paul

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 9
- 8/8/2001 7:55:00 PM   
mao

An Australian campaign - it could start in the Mediterranean (sp?) theatre and then go to New Guinea.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 10
- 8/8/2001 8:15:00 PM   
Warhorse

Me personally? The honved in Russia, of course, surprised?! ;) I started one on this theme, but when my computer crashed last year, I lost the maps and scenarios(3), I started over, but don't have time to work on it now :(

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 11
- 8/8/2001 9:01:00 PM   
Jeff_Ewing

Norway, 1940: It's got everything: Fallschirmjaegers, Brigade of Guards, French Foreign Legion, Norwegians, whacky early-war tanks, amphibious operations, Gebirgsjaegers, you name it! In fact, a mega-campaign would be great. Jeff

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 12
- 8/8/2001 9:03:00 PM   
plloyd

I was liked to "sideshows". How about something in East Africa, Iran, or India? A Spanish Civil War campaign would be interesting too.

If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 13
- 8/8/2001 9:11:00 PM   
SAMWolf

quote:

Originally posted by Jeff_Ewing: Norway, 1940: It's got everything: Fallschirmjaegers, Brigade of Guards, French Foreign Legion, Norwegians, whacky early-war tanks, amphibious operations, Gebirgsjaegers, you name it! In fact, a mega-campaign would be great. Jeff
This one would be interesting to play from both sides. I would also be interested in a Sealion campaign from both sides.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 14
- 8/8/2001 9:49:00 PM   
Cromort

One theater that hasn't been used too much is Greece and around in 1940-41, if i'm not wrong. :rolleyes: It would be a nice campaign for the germans(+italians...) of course (they were still winning) :cool: but it would also be nice for the allied (british, greeks) with their mathilda II Anyway, your doing a hell of a good job creating such campaigns . Keep up the great work :D "Logistics is the ball and chain of armoured warfare.When the situation is obscure, attack.New weapons require new tactics. Never put new wine into old bottles." Guderian

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 15
- 8/8/2001 10:20:00 PM   
bradmbrown

Do you like campaigns that cover one operation, like Watchword Freedom, or long ones, like Long Long Road to Victory? Do you like campaigns to be pretty easy, or challenging, or a combination of both. Both Do you like to pick your core force, or use a ‘pre-picked’ one. Pick Do you like large battles, battalion plus, or smaller battles, battalion minus. Smaller for PBEM. Larger for silitaire. Do you play campaigns with CC on or off. Off. Do you like short campaigns of 4-6 battles, medium campaigns 7-15 battles, or big campaigns 16 plus. depends on how well composed. If I am satisfied at the end of a campaign, it is JUST FINE. Here is what I would like to see. Follow a Canadian Battalion through Sicily across Messina and up up up the spine of Italy, Europe's "Soft Underbelly." I have searched for an Ortona scenario and can't find one...

Don't let the past remind you of what you are not now

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 16
- 8/8/2001 10:28:00 PM   
ubertechie

hi - as i mentioned in another post im trawling through the guts of creating a long sealion campaign at the moment - its pretty easy for me to do as i live in rye and grew up in hythe and folkestone - which where all likely landing areas for the invasion - if it had occured - just need the services of a decent graphics artist for a few special buildings - am aiming to get this out mid - september Cheers Uber

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 17
- 8/8/2001 10:29:00 PM   
NeoWhiteWolf

I personally would like to see a campaign made the size of a MC ..... Made to playa s Germany from the beggining as early as the Demilitirzed occupations to the end of the war but actually as you play you can change history or live it the way it was... I mean make scenarios towards 45' so hard youd have to really take your time to beat andf make a really challenging campaign that would take at least a few months to beat to really give you the love of the game a test....

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 18
- 8/8/2001 10:47:00 PM   
Christopher

Im desperately searching for a campaign of a french unit. Id prefer a smaller scale but thats not too important. As for the rest of the questions... doesnt matter much... though I mostly play with CC off. Did I ever thank the Matrix staff for their effords, btw? I think not... wanna do that now... THANKS GUYS! Youre the best! :) [ August 08, 2001: Message edited by: Christopher ]

Lewer duad üs Slav!

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 19
- 8/8/2001 11:37:00 PM   
Panzer Capta

Southern Russia - Crimean Penninsula

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 20
- 8/9/2001 3:55:00 AM   
MarkFroio

I love playing the campaigns in SPWAW. For your collective Operations or Campaigns would be fine with me. I like them to be challenging and to pick the core force. I prefer smaller battles and short to medium campaigns. I play with C & C on. I'd like to see a long German campaign, Allies in Sicily and Italy, Market Garden as Allies and the Bulge as Allies or Germans. Thanks for asking our opinion.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 21
- 8/9/2001 11:26:00 AM   
Randy

I think a Burma campaign would be a good idea. I think this part of the Pacific War seems to seen as a side show. I've started reading about it, and its pretty impressive how the Brits/Commonwealth forces battled back against the Japanese. It seems that the Central Pacific gets all the attention.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 22
- 8/9/2001 3:44:00 PM   
alassi

Why not a longer hypothetical campaign..covering Sealion and further Germany/Japan invades USA :)

Sgt.A.Lassi FwdObserver 2nd Arctic Mortar Platoon I19/P5--Hell is not hot,its cold.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 23
- 8/9/2001 5:21:00 PM   
Alexei

What about hypothetical invasion of Middle East, south Caucasus, northern India by DAK? It would begin in Alexandria, then Suez, Jerusalem, Damas, Grozny (junction with Army Group South). Then continue pushing South-East towards India... Hey, it would be great meeting Japanese there :) . Of course it could be only part of a DAK 1942 classical campaign, but it could also be a full campaign.

Alexei.

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 24
- 8/9/2001 9:46:00 PM   
bchapman

quote:

How about Allied Invasion of Sicily and Italy.
Me too. :rolleyes:

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 25
- 8/9/2001 10:18:00 PM   
skukko

SS-Freiwillige in 42-44. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 26
- 8/9/2001 11:47:00 PM   
Gen. Maczek

The Norway one is an interesing idea...Also all for the Polish one obviously ;) Regards. Gen. Maczek

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 27
- 8/10/2001 12:43:00 AM   
A_B

The Alternative History one is intreging - the german advance to Suez. India would be a bit much, but if the germans had done better agianst the russians in '41, they may have been more willing to push resources into the Med in '42. Taking Malta and Gibraltor would have made the naval domination of the med possible. Turkey may have been cooerced into allowing german troops/supplies move by rail through their country to support mideast ops, if russia was severely weakened. Russia couldn't be out of the war though - US/Britan didn't have enough strengh to challenge Germany alone. The above situation would make for a couple great campaign scenario's. Germans attacking through egypt in '42, and into Iran in '43. The Allies defending through '43, and then launching counter attacks. Seems like this could be a lot of fun. Iraq/Iran offers a lot of terrain types, desert, river crossings, mountains. Good armor terrain. Some good Fallschirmjaeger options to - Malta, Suez, Bagdad, etc.

Unconventional war requires unconventional thought

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 28
- 8/10/2001 12:45:00 AM   
Arto

quote:

Originally posted by skukko: SS-Freiwillige in 42-44.
Which country? I´d like more 41-43, then I would have a chance to play the Finns in Wiking. [ August 09, 2001: Message edited by: Arto ]

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 29
- 8/10/2001 2:33:00 AM   
parusski

Sealion would be great.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to A_B)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> What Campaigns would you be interested in Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI