Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: What I Would Like to See for a New MC..

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: What I Would Like to See for a New MC.. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: What I Would Like to See for a New MC.. - 3/19/2004 4:45:34 AM   
KG Erwin

quote:

ORIGINAL: BulletMagnet

I concur with Less here. Imagine the threads popping up with requests for all sorts of wierd units. DOnt get me wrong its a AWESOME idea,but one probably not feesable. I think there is alot of call for rusians,brits and japs. Maybe we should get a poll.Kg?

Bullet Magnet, a nationality poll is feasible. Come up with a list, my friend, and I'll do the rest. "What Nationality Do You Want Represented in a New MC?" will be the subject. Polls can have up to ten choices. You provide the list. Agreed? As start, I would suggest the Russians, the Brits, the Canadians, the Germans, the US Army, the US Marine Corps, the Japanese, a multinational European force, and whoever else you want to add.

Now that I look at this list, I really think an Eastern Front MC featuring the Russians is a good way to go. We have much modern research to add to its authenticity and historical accuracy, and a good opportunity to view the war from the POV of our allies who suffered the most in this war, in terms of total casualties, military and civilian. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense. Everybody loves playing as the Germans, but put yourself in the position of assaulting a prepared defense against them. The more I think about it, the more I like it. This MC could include the Battle for Berlin, this time playing the attackers. If Wild Bill were to get involved in doing this, believe me it won't be a walkover. The fighting was costly and desperate, even if the issue wasn't in doubt. Think about this one, guys.

< Message edited by KG Erwin -- 3/18/2004 10:18:00 PM >

(in reply to BulletMagnet)
Post #: 31
RE: What I Would Like to See for a New MC.. - 3/19/2004 11:36:34 AM   
Brutto-Bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin
Now that I look at this list, I really think an Eastern Front MC featuring the Russians is a good way to go. We have much modern research to add to its authenticity and historical accuracy, and a good opportunity to view the war from the POV of our allies who suffered the most in this war, in terms of total casualties, military and civilian

Yes, but there's already the Russian Steel campaign with its thirty and more scenarios to play the Russians.

So, go with the poll!

(in reply to KG Erwin)
Post #: 32
RE: What I Would Like to See for a New MC.. - 3/19/2004 3:06:19 PM   
BulletMagnet

quote:

"What Nationality Do You Want Represented in a New MC?"

1)Russia
2)Germany
3)British
4)Japan
5)USA
6)USA,Marines
7)Canadians
8)ANZAC
9)Poles
10)Italians

Here ya go Kg

"What we do in life,echoes in eternity"

(in reply to Brutto-Bob)
Post #: 33
RE: What I Would Like to See for a New MC.. - 3/19/2004 3:46:59 PM   
Frank W.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Brutto-Bob

I vote for a MC not focused on US or German forces.

A good idea, IMHO, could be a British MC that starts after El Alamein and ends after the fighting in Tunisia and the capture of Sicily.

That theatre could be interesting for many reasons:

1) More land features: desert, hilly, woods...

2) Many different countries involved (I like scenarious with troops of different nationality): USA, CANADA, ANZAC, BRITAIN, ITALY, GERMANY, FREE FRANCE....

3) The player is always in the assault/attack stand (When playing against the AI, defence is often too easy! ). With amphibious landings, and paratroops actions.

I understand that it's a not well known theatre of war for US people, but it could be very fun to play.

i would also like a british camp.

also italian and/or western front fighting.

i don´t like the idea of a camp with SS involved.

let it be regular troops when commanding germans...

but the problem is would it sell enough ?
don´t know the sales of the prvious camps.

(in reply to Brutto-Bob)
Post #: 34
RE: What I Would Like to See for a New MC.. - 3/23/2004 11:19:44 PM   
Major_Johnson

I wouldn't mind seeing another North African MC, especially with the new unit icons and oob's, but from the American persepctive. Like maybe Patton's command.

M.J.!
We serve others best when at the same time we serve ourselves.

(in reply to Frank W.)
Post #: 35
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> RE: What I Would Like to See for a New MC.. Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI