Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
- 11/23/2001 6:31:00 PM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

I guess today's word is clarity. Thanks for getting rid of a few cob webs Paul. I guess an analogy is in order here. It would seem that Steel Panthers is where Squad Leader was when it released GI Anvil of Victory. Any that know the genesis of that board game will remember how it was becoming unwieldy from constant add ons to what was originally a fine game all by itself.
Perhaps Combat Leader will be to Steel Panthers, what ASL was to basic Squad Leader. I hope it will be. If Combat Leader is in fact a better reborn Steel Panthers count me in. With that said, I guess it makes sense to start putting effort into supporting CL and to let Steel Panthers be its Squad Leader. If the MC disks are to be the vehicle to achieve that end, then I guess that is the route to go. But alas my funds being limited, I want to sign on with CL right now then and skip the chase and go right in and get CL on my computer. So I am devoting my energies to investigating CL I guess. Would be nice to see a new wargame. I never see anything worth looking at on the store shelves at least (havent seen anything worth a damn since I bought Operational Art of War).

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 91
- 11/25/2001 5:58:00 AM   
Reg

quote:

Originally posted by Reg:
"Gimme Eat!!!" Sorry but I couldn't resist any longer. (Does anyone know where the quotation comes from???) Still no takers??
Clue 1. From a novel and said by Major ----- de Coverley.
(and under what circumstances???) Reg. P.S. Every version of SPWaW from v1.0 onwards, MCNA and eagerly awaiting the rest.

Looks like everyone is too embarrassed to admit they read classic literature. The quotation refers to the "Glorious Loyalty Oath Crusade" in the novel "Catch 22" by Joseph Heller. Have a read if you haven't already, the book is a classic. I thought the quotation was kinda appropriate (though I hope it doesn't have the effect of ending the crusade as it did in the novel). Cheers,
Reg.

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 92
- 11/27/2001 7:44:00 AM   
ruxius

ehm..I respectfully ask to you my friends to help me keeping this topic free from any thing but a call for loyalists..I will appreciate it very much ! Thank you.
My message here is :

Take your time - play SPWAW ...
Did you enjoyed it ?
Play it again ...
DId you enjoyed it ? Ok so you felt in love... Now you FOUND YOUR FIRST GOOD REASON to give a return to Matrix :
be a Loyalist !
and Sign up your name here !
[ November 26, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 93
- 11/27/2001 4:26:00 PM   
Wizarc

Purchased MCNA.
Pre-Ordered MCLV.
I will buy MC3.
I will buy Combat Leader.
I will buy others also.

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 94
- 11/27/2001 5:56:00 PM   
Tom Terror

Er, yes, I'm here for the second time. I hope it will not be considered as cheating! Just wanted to state that (additional to what I said last time) as my financial situation develops I am determined to buy every MCs coming up as well as the sience-fiction-themed games. Heads up Matrix!! To Ruxius: You must have seen 'Braveheart' lately, haven't you? TomT

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 95
- 11/29/2001 6:46:00 AM   
ruxius

(Matrix): Why do you help me?
(we): Because of the way you are caring for me.

Loyalist Knight : Tom T

[ November 28, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 96
- 12/1/2001 11:47:00 AM   
Warrior

Just want to help hit 100 replies on this thread, for a fantastic game that keeps me off the streets and out of trouble.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 97
- 12/1/2001 1:23:00 PM   
Akmatov

Gee, I go off for a few months to be a student for a while and I come back to this. I'm very dispointed to hear that MC1NA failed to provide the capital needed. Seems like a lot of people have had a lot to say over the years about a free game, guess they bailed out over paying a very low price for an excellent product. Given the broad international nature of support, I wonder how much of the damage is caused by the highway robbery known as international mail rates? I pre-ordered MC1NA and will definately buy, maybe pre-order - counting pennies here, MC2. Combat Leader if VERY likely, it will mostly depend on the system requirements. Matrix has done a remarkable thing here and I will probably buy everything they market eventually. I hope others will invest the very cheap cost of their games into supporting these guys and this effort. If WE drop the ball, we will deserve what we get - Doom XVI or something equally wonderful.

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 98
- 12/2/2001 3:34:00 AM   
rlc27

Just have to say: have purchased MCNA, and preordered MCLV. Will buy Combat Leader et al. I've gotten almost as much fun out of this forum
as playing the game itself--and a lot less frustration (in a good sense)! Kudos to all the friendly people at Matrix and throughout the world who make this not just a game but a community. Though I play the Talonsoft games (like East Front, Rising Sun, etc.,) and Close Combat, none of those games seem to have such a vibrant and close-knit following. If you check out the bulletin boards dealing with the Talonsoft games, for instance, you'll find that the most recent post is something like a year old. What's nice about this board is that you can check in even several times a day and there are always new and intersting threads posted--so it's never: "Hello? Is anyone here?" That's my 2 cents. See you on the battlefield.

"They couldn't hit an elephant from this dist--"

--John Sedgwick, failing to reduce suppression during the Battle of the Wilderness, U.S. Civil War.

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 99
- 12/2/2001 12:05:00 PM   
Coachace

Bought a number of MCNAs for gifts, Firefight, preordered the next MC. I WILL purchase pretty much every game Matrixgames sells. Just a thought, though, and I apologize if it's already been discussed, but I recall when SPWAW first became available for free and followed its evolution through its subsequent versions, and it seemed that when the wave of enthusiasm was high, most of the gamers would have bought whatever went up for sale (aside from those who live abroad and can't afford the shipping). I recently read PCGamers' William Trotter's article about Matrix Games' deal with Simulations Canada and got the fever all over again thinking about it. I know these games nneed to be developed, and that takes time and resources, but I can honestly say that when all your products are made avaialabe for purchase, I think we'll all see what the computer wargaming community is really capable of. I, too hope David H., Paul V. and ALL the Matrix Games people realize their hard fought and well deserved success in this industry. I EAGERLY wait for all your products AND I fully appreciate what you have done for the gaming community to date. I wish there was something I could do (other than tithing) to support your efforts. Hey, I'm an accomplished IT professional. Need anything networked or hardware repaired? CHEERS and Happy Holidays. Put some more up for preorders and I'll personally discuss preorder benefits with Santa! Coachace

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 100
- 12/2/2001 8:26:00 PM   
Belisarius

Nothing serious, just wanted to claim the 100th post. *bump*

Got StuG?

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 101
- 12/3/2001 12:02:00 AM   
generalrichmond

And then, just as in the Soviet Collective thread, I will once again trump for the 101st comment! U-rahhhh-hahahahahhhahaha!!!!! "Spray 'em with hot lead, Johnny!"

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 102
- 12/3/2001 3:33:00 AM   
ruxius

Glory to the first 76 Loyalists !! We are filling the ranks of Matrix' warriors !
Come on , JOIN THE Army !! Be proud to belong to us !!! We need EACH SINGLE OF YOU !
(Very Very cool english !)

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 103
- 12/6/2001 6:14:00 AM   
ruxius

(...)

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 104
- 12/7/2001 12:55:00 AM   
Les_the_Sarge_9_1

Hello Ruxius. I look at your post occasionally. But I wonder yet again.
What exactly is a Loyalist to you?
These 76 you quote, who are they?
Sorry if I am being obtuse. To this Canadian, a Loyalist was a person history would call an "Empire Loyalist" (if my history is correct). Had to insert that meaningless trivia. Surely you are not stating that only these 76 persons are Loyalists. That only 76 quailify because only 76 have responded to this thread. This is perhaps dangerous disinformation. I am concerned.

I LIKE that my life bothers them,
Why should I be the only one bothered by it eh.

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 105
- 12/7/2001 9:25:00 PM   
color

quote:

Originally posted by Les the Sarge 9-1:
Surely you are not stating that only these 76 persons are Loyalists. That only 76 quailify because only 76 have responded to this thread. This is perhaps dangerous disinformation. I am concerned.
I am pretty sure that he is referring to 76 loyalists as the 76 loyalist to post a note in this thread and publicly expressing their support.
Of course there are much more people loyal to this game, just have a look at the amount of messages this forum creates. With 59000 it is the biggest forum on the Matrix site, even bigger than a general discussion about wargaming.

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 106
- 12/7/2001 10:44:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

THe point was to see how many of teh nearly 5000 folks who have registered would take teh time to post to the thread, to give an indication of the support. 70 odd out of 5000 is rather discouraging...but we realize that the nature of the beast is that only about 2% of those who subcribe to forums or mailing lists are active participants, so 80*50 = 4000 is actually about what one would expect. The rest of you are welcome to post an "Amen" just to let us know you are aliv out there and interested

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 107
- 12/8/2001 12:36:00 AM   
Randy

Come guys (and gals) as Paul has said, if you play the game just drop in and say you're here.

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 108
- 12/8/2001 12:42:00 AM   
Larry Holt

As SPWaW lives, so do I.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 109
- 12/10/2001 2:52:00 AM   
ruxius

A Loyalist !
What is a Loyalist to me ? I am going to talk about some guys who are very special in this forum... These guys played SPWAW for different reasons but they converged toward the same thought... WHO GAVE US such good emotions must be honoured with a concrete tribute !
It doesn't matter if they bought one , two or three MEGACD , CL ecc.ecc...EVERYONE of them decided to do something different for SPWAW than any other free thing...they took their money they dressed up , they go outside and sent them to Matrix... We can stay here and talk about many levels of Loyalty...but only few MAKE THINGS BE REAL ! Now PAY ATTENTION TO THIS :
I do not intend to show ANY PREDJUDICE against the NON-Loyalists...neither I want to offend them !!!
THIS must BE CLEAR ! BUT LET ME FREE TO make this people feeling PROUD to belong to my call !
That is my message ! You can read it this way :
The Egyptians built Pyramids..
now I am asking to each slave that gave his own blood and made the wonder REAL to sign his name
in each brick they put there...
Others will find their names when climbing the Pyramids...
Matrix are the Egyptians , we make the Wonder !
The Wonder is the many we can have from SPWAW ! WE ARE THE PEOPLE WHO DECIDE IF MATRIX IS DOING RIGHT : one answer comes from words ..and this forum achieves the task...the other way belongs to LOYALISTS These are my reasons..

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 110
- 12/11/2001 5:16:00 AM   
WW2'er

I'm here! Count me in. Loyal! WW2'er

WW2'er

"That [state] which separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting by fools." — Thucydides, 'The Peloponnesian Wars'

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 111
- 12/11/2001 7:21:00 AM   
Ross Moorhouse

I play SP:WaW v6.1 and cant wait for the update to v7 in the next day or so.

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 112
- 12/24/2001 11:27:00 PM   
ruxius

Hello my dear Loyalists..Here I am to make my best wishes for a super-Merry Christmas and an exciting Happy new wargaming Year to ALL of YOU !

Well..we HAVE Two NEW super-MEGACD this Christmas for our endless fun !!
Matrix again is full of Gifts ! I always pray all the true supporters
that like me are in trouble to manage all these presents to give your
tribute to MAtrix !!!

Thank for your making this forum my home ! [ December 24, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ] [ December 24, 2001: Message edited by: ruxius ]

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 113
- 12/25/2001 3:22:00 AM   
Big T

'Amen' (just for you, Paul) Or as a Rush Limbaugh caller would say; "Ditto's"

-T
"The point is, you see, that there is no point in driving yourself mad trying to stop yourself going mad. You might just as well give in and save your sanity for later."(Douglas Adams)

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 114
- 1/13/2002 5:18:00 AM   
ruxius

It seems these old guys at MAtrix never forget about SPWAW !
Here are them !
..always trying to do better in this game.. Every single one of us is a little key for this project to go on ...it's a question of strategy !
Let's give a future to wargaming , let's give a better future to SPWAW !
..and be proud to be a Loyalist !
support your future entertainment !

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 115
- 1/13/2002 5:47:00 AM   
valdor17

Roger, Out.

A66
1st MRB

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 116
- 1/13/2002 12:39:00 PM   
Randy

Count me in!

Semper Fi
Randy

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 117
- 1/13/2002 1:29:00 PM   
Kilroy

Have all the MC's and will definitely be supporting Matrix in the future. Thanks,
Greg Kilroy

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 118
- 1/13/2002 1:50:00 PM   
bigtroutz

are we all sposeta post here ?

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 119
- 1/13/2002 4:26:00 PM   
Randy

See my post on buying the Mega Campaigns!

Semper Fi
Randy

(in reply to ruxius)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI