Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Lost Victories Error and How To Get All Mega Campaigns Working Together

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Lost Victories Error and How To Get All Mega Campaigns Working Together Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Lost Victories Error and How To Get All Mega Campaigns ... - 1/3/2002 12:13:00 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys First things first, on the Lost Victories CD there is an error. The install menu is looking for "Upgrade.exe" instead of "Update.exe". The correct file is there you just will need to click on the file. If you install SPWaW v7.0 it will also Lost Victories as well. Now if you have all three Mega Campaigns we suggest install them in the following order. 1) Desert Fox
2) Operation Watchtower
3) Lost Victories Install them all into the same directory. They will over write the older files and make sure you have all the newest files and all three working Mega Campaigns.

Post #: 1
- 1/3/2002 2:48:00 PM   
K G von Martinez

Well, thanks, David. But this way is working only if you have enough space on your HD left (or already have version 7.0). With about 700 MB I had I only got an error trying to install version 7.0 over my old 5.3. So I tried another way: I copied the folders megacam (and scen) in an interim folder and deleted my old installation of SPWAW. Thereafter I installed everything from MCLV and copied MCNA out of the interim folder back into the folder megacam. Seems okay so far, texts for both megacams are appearing, but I haven't started any of them yet trying to get some more praxis with the basics first.

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 1/3/2002 3:39:00 PM   
Randy

David, this might be a dumb question but how will the install work if I buy Watch Tower and install it at a later date. Also, I'm not computer savy, so how do I change from the different files ( I know its computer 101). Thanks

Semper Fi
Randy

The United States Marines: America's 911 Force-The Tip of the Spear

Post #: 3
- 1/3/2002 10:19:00 PM   
Corwin

Hi all, I received MCLV yesterday. I have two campaigns of MCNA in progress on two computers. One is using SPWAW ver 5.01 and the other is using ver 6.1. I assume I can't install MCLV without screwing up my saved games in these campaigns. Just checking to make sure. Thanks

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires.
Seek discipline and find your liberty. - Frank Herbert

Post #: 4
- 1/3/2002 10:28:00 PM   
skukko

Backup your save-folder. Move it to somewhere and install LVMC and 7th with it. Then paste save-folder to installation directory. Start your saved campaign and save it. Now quit game and start again your save. OOBs should be ok. Lost Victories and Watchtower work best with 7th version. Desert Fox works also but I haven't played it alot due to other hurries. Remember to delete steel.prf from save folder. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 5
- 1/3/2002 10:52:00 PM   
rich12545

quote:

Originally posted by David Heath:
Hi Guys First things first, on the Lost Victories CD there is an error. The install menu is looking for "Upgrade.exe" instead of "Update.exe". The correct file is there you just will need to click on the file. If you install SPWaW v7.0 it will also Lost Victories as well. Now if you have all three Mega Campaigns we suggest install them in the following order. 1) Desert Fox
2) Operation Watchtower
3) Lost Victories Install them all into the same directory. They will over write the older files and make sure you have all the newest files and all three working Mega Campaigns.

Are you saying there are newer files on the Lost Victories disk than Watchtower? I just installed DF & LV. I expect OW today and planned to just install the MC. Is that ok or should I redo the whole thing?

Post #: 6
- 1/3/2002 11:09:00 PM   
David Heath

Rich what you are doing is fine. This was a suggestion from us. LV has a special OOB for Norway I think for some special graphics that were added to the game.

Post #: 7
- 1/4/2002 7:05:00 AM   
Rambodoc

Dave, I tried what rich asked and loaded MCW, after I already had an installed MCNA, MCLV and ver 7. Unfortunately, when the megacampaign screen comes up MCW is nowhere to be found. When I search the megacampaign directory it is there but in a subfolder to the megacampaign folder. I therefore used the edit menu to copy it back to the megacampaign folder and it appears to work. However, there is a snd folder now present in the megacampaign folder. I also don't seem to get any music in the MCW. The battle sound effects work fine and the game appears to play without any problems. Are there supposed to be music in MCW like in MCLV and MCNA? IF so do I need to move that snd file? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. And thanks again for these great megacampaigns. I am having a blast.

Post #: 8
- 1/4/2002 7:53:00 PM   
skukko

Cut these sound files from MCW/*subfolder* and paste them to main MCW-folder. As is with LV-installation. Works for me. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 9
- 1/5/2002 3:21:00 AM   
Rambodoc

I don't have a snd folder under the lost victories folder. or under the mcna folder. The sound folder has wav files in it namely 2000.wav and a series of 22000X.wav's. The only other snd folder is the main folder under the spwaw menu. Should I transfer those wavs to it? Skukko, David or any one else with any ideas all are appreciated. Thanks.

Post #: 10
- 1/5/2002 6:22:00 AM   
Rambodoc

For anyone with the same problem who may be interested. I copied the wav files to the main snd file in the spwaw folder. Now the music and opening themes play for the MCW and everything seems to work fine.

Post #: 11
- 1/6/2002 3:41:00 PM   
Randy

I just ordered WT so that I could load it ahead of
LV. Why is there such a problem in loading the games (I am aware of the setup problem with LV)? I'm not that computer savy about different files etc. and now I'm not sure if I'll be able to play the games I just bought. I think I'll need help when I load them.

Semper Fi
Randy

Post #: 12
- 1/6/2002 3:43:00 PM   
Randy

I just ordered WT so that I could load it ahead of
LV. Why is there such a problem in loading the games (I am aware of the setup problem with LV)? I'm not that computer savy about different files etc. and now I'm not sure if I'll be able to play the games I just bought. I think I'll need help when I load them.

Semper Fi
Randy

Post #: 13
- 1/10/2002 1:56:00 PM   
Randy

Hi Dave, I just tried to load my new games and this is what happened. I already had NA 41, so I then loaded 7.0 and then WT. The WT deleted my NA. Then I loaded LV and I got the "Upgrade.exe
the specified file was not found" message. Then I reloaded 7.0 from the LV CD, and that over rode my WT. I checked my Mega campaign folder and these are the sub folders; DF, WT, Save, mainsplash.ibm, LV.cfg. So what do I do now? Where do I find the "Upgrade.exe file?" I know this is pretty basic stuff, but I haven't a clue
as what to do next (I'm not very savy about files, or pasting or any of that stuff). Any help you or any one else can provide would be greatly appreciated (I'm even willing to delete everything and start from scratch-even though I'd lose some cool maps). Thanks

Semper Fi
Randy

Post #: 14
- 1/10/2002 7:43:00 PM   
richmonder

If you have all three CDs, delete everything SPWaW off your machine (except certain downloaded goodies that you cherish). Do it via the Windows Add/Remove route in Control Panel. Then reinstall in this order: MCNA, MCWT, MCLV

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

Post #: 15
- 1/10/2002 10:47:00 PM   
bchapman

Randy,
quote:

So what do I do now? Where do I find the "Upgrade.exe file?"

When the opening screen on the LV cd starts up, choose exit (lower r/h corner). Now open Windows Explorer (or My Computer for you windows people) and you will see the Update.exe file. Double Click on this and the install will start.
Email me at brchapman@1starnet.com if you still need some help with the pasting and stuff.
Cheers,

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."<br />- Gerald Ford

Post #: 16
- 1/11/2002 11:34:00 AM   
Randy

Richmonder and Bchapman, thanks for your reply and help. Before I reload, in what sequence do I load ver7.0? Or, do I load WT and LV and each will load 7.0 from its own disk? Thanks

Semper Fi
Randy

Post #: 17
- 1/27/2002 5:17:00 PM   
john g

bump

Post #: 18
- 1/27/2002 8:30:00 PM   
richmonder

If you have only WT and LV, load WT, then LV. LV has the v7.0 that you need. Then get WBW's patch for WT which will bring you completely up to date.

Respectfully,
Richmonder
(formerly Gen. Richmond)

Post #: 19
- 1/27/2002 11:32:00 PM   
ruxius

Sorry for the question , will ever be available on-line the correct autorun file so I can backup the LV cd with the installer fixed ? that should not be a big dwnlo I suppose..
thank you !

Italian Soldier,German Discipline!

Post #: 20
- 1/28/2002 2:39:00 AM   
11Bravo

quote:

Originally posted by richmonder:
If you have all three CDs, delete everything SPWaW off your machine (except certain downloaded goodies that you cherish). Do it via the Windows Add/Remove route in Control Panel. Then reinstall in this order: MCNA, MCWT, MCLV
Then visit here, and get the patch for Watchtower, I presume?
http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/spwaw_downloads.htm

Squatting in the bush and marking it on a map.

Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Lost Victories Error and How To Get All Mega Campaigns Working Together Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI