Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound patch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Sound patch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound patch? - 7/7/2004 11:10:41 PM   
lauter

Anyone have an idea on when a patch for the sound issue is forthcoming? I'm one of those few that really need the sound effects to get totally into this game.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Sound patch? - 7/7/2004 11:29:27 PM   
TheHellPatrol

Sound...that would be great. i've got 140 Watt Dolby Surround Sound system, it crashes sporadically but man...it reminds me when i saw Charleton Heston in Midway with surround sound and 3-D goggles way back when...

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to lauter)
Post #: 2
RE: Sound patch? - 7/7/2004 11:37:15 PM   
lauter

I remember seeing that movie in the theater! Wasn't it in "Surround Sound" or something like that? How about the movie "Earthquake"? The 70's were all about disaster flicks!

(in reply to TheHellPatrol)
Post #: 3
RE: Sound patch? - 7/7/2004 11:47:30 PM   
TheHellPatrol

Yup, Earthquake as well...the good old days: Disaster and Horror flicks. And a "patch" was something on your clothes.

< Message edited by TheHellPatrol -- 7/7/2004 1:48:37 PM >

Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to lauter)
Post #: 4
RE: Sound patch? - 7/7/2004 11:54:47 PM   
Marc von Martial

Working on it like crazy.

Post #: 5
RE: Sound patch? - 7/8/2004 3:30:46 AM   
Sonny

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marc Schwanebeck

Working on it like crazy.

We are thankful.

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 6
RE: Sound patch? - 7/8/2004 4:10:53 AM   
Cmdrcain

I'm always amused where its a sound problem, I understand how it can be frusterating but to those like I who have lost most hearing, I often seem to play games where people complain about Sound bugs crashing while since I don't enable sound , I never get effected.

I wonder through why Matrix has no "no Sound" option, I suppose setting all to 0 level is that but a button in prefs to not play sound as in many games I use would be easier for such as I.

No CTD yet due to supposed sound problems but I have all sound levels at zero.

Oh BTW theres Perks to my sitution, like able sleep in day even if their jackhammer tearing up the road right outside

< Message edited by Cmdrcain -- 7/7/2004 9:13:15 PM >

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 7
RE: Sound patch? - 7/8/2004 6:09:51 PM   
tsimmonds

quote:

The 70's were all about disaster flicks!

The 70s was a disaster flick

Fear the kitten!

(in reply to lauter)
Post #: 8
RE: Sound patch? - 7/9/2004 11:41:35 AM   
rawink

question.. will the sound fix require a game restart? since game play shouldnt be affected.. will we still need to start our campaigns over?

I go on a weeks vacation tonight.. and was plannng on 24/7 witp for a week.. hate to get going good and have to start over

(in reply to tsimmonds)
Post #: 9
RE: Sound patch? - 7/9/2004 7:08:44 PM   
Banquet

Can anyone give a rough ETA on the patch? I read it was hoped for the end of the week. Is it likely to be released today?

I'd like to get some sound, and would also like to know if a re-start will be necessary as I'm planning to play solid WiTP this weekend.

cheers

(in reply to rawink)
Post #: 10
RE: Sound patch? - 7/9/2004 8:33:00 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Does WITP have the barking guard dog thing on the intro screen like UV (if I'm not mistaken)? It must be good fidelity because every time it plays, my 2 labs run to the front window ready to tear the intruder to ribbons (of course they still wag their tails)

As a temporary measure...use your family members and cue them up when you change hexes. Its good for togetherness

Jungle: aWAAH..aWAAH...aWAAH....(pause).....woowoowoowoowooWOOOh (crescendo)...zzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzzz (mosqutio sound with doppler effect)

Open Sea: aack....aack....aack...(descrescendo..departing gull)......wwooOOOSHHhhhh (wave)

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 11
RE: Sound patch? - 7/9/2004 8:38:50 PM   
Banquet

I've asked my girlfriend to try that but she gave me a funny look and said 'not tonight hon'

I'm not sure she understood the context in which she'd be making these noises

Sooo.. with that option apparently a non starter.. hows the sound patch coming? I'd happily beta test it!

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 12
RE: Sound patch? - 7/9/2004 8:45:18 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Banquet

I've asked my girlfriend to try that but she gave me a funny look and said 'not tonight hon'

I'm not sure she understood the context in which she'd be making these noises

Sooo.. with that option apparently a non starter.. hows the sound patch coming? I'd happily beta test it!

LOL...yes, the Howler Monkey thing could be subject to misinterpretation.

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 13
RE: Sound patch? - 7/9/2004 9:07:21 PM   
TheHellPatrol

Looking for Witp to be released was a great time killer these last months...
Downloading, printing the manual and browsing the forum was a great time killer this last week...
Looking for the patch while reading the manual and tinkering with the scenarios between CTD's ( very seldom lately ) has been a great time killer these last days...
Actually playing the Campaign with patch will be a greater time killer these coming months/years...
Talk about bang for your buck.

Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 14
RE: Sound patch? - 7/10/2004 1:03:35 AM   
Grotius

I too am looking forward to the sound patch. I'd never played UV without the sound, and now that I don't have it in WiTP, I really miss it. (With respectful apologies to the poster whose hearing is impaired.)

Post #: 15
RE: Sound patch? - 7/10/2004 6:57:31 AM   
bradfordkay

quote:

Does WITP have the barking guard dog thing on the intro screen like UV (if I'm not mistaken)? It must be good fidelity because every time it plays, my 2 labs run to the front window ready to tear the intruder to ribbons (of course they still wag their tails)

Yes, Cap, it does have the barking guard dogs. I'd guess that someone at 2by3 was a Hogan's Hero fan...

Your comment about your dogs reminds me of a mama cat I once had. When she was in heat and that baby cried in "The Wall", she'd run to all the windows because it sounded like her prince had arrived. A buddy of mine used to like to play it over and over to drive her nuts.

You guys are going to hate me. I have one of the Origins dics, but had to wait for the 772 patch to get anything. I first played the game at midnight last Saturday. Well, now that is taken care of, I tried my sound and it is working just fine. No crashes whatsoever. I could describe the sounds for you, but you'll be discovering them soon enough.

fair winds,
Brad

Post #: 16
RE: Sound patch? - 7/11/2004 11:18:49 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

I too am looking forward to the sound patch. I'd never played UV without the sound, and now that I don't have it in WiTP, I really miss it. (With respectful apologies to the poster whose hearing is impaired.)

No Apology needed, I remember sound still after 40 years without it
I'm just Amused when people complain... maybe I should apologize for that

I could get the sound effects by piping it through speakers at the Max and feeling the sounds but I think the Neighbors might decide theres a manic trashing the house and call the police

I still wonder if any that had CTD due to sound have tried zeroing the sound in prefs instead of renaming the folder... I have had no CTD yet at all..(I am jinxed now I bet) with all at 0 or perhaps it affects only certain types of systems... hummm looking it up..

Abit IT7 max 2 motherboard supporting realtek alc650 (ac-link)

Plain normal Pc speaker since I don't use any sound really so no outlay for Fancy speakers..

So no apparent peoblems with Realtek

(in reply to Grotius)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Sound patch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI