Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ASW patrol

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: ASW patrol Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ASW patrol - 7/14/2004 7:50:51 AM   
brisd

Well, as Kid says this is the wish list and not the bug list, I will add a few but please FIX the bugs and OOB issues FIRST.

1. I'd like to be able to have table/screen showing all aircraft production by base and what its producing. Having to go from base to base in order to see what's being made where is a chore.

2. An expansion of the above, just have a selectable table/screen for all production by base, so you can see it all at once instead of having to get a pad of paper and right is all down. I know in PacWar there was a list of resources by base screen.

Added to list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:26:18 AM >

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant

(in reply to Point Luck)
Post #: 121
RE: ASW patrol - 7/14/2004 12:30:32 PM   
WhoCares

It would be nice for the user to give the scenario a specific name when he launches a new one. This name could be added to the Intel and Combat reports files. Next step would be to add the date of the report to the file name to keep a better history. Probably a preferences switch to enable/disable this kind of history.

Even better would be to keep track of all those reports ingame in a kind of a database. Wouldn't it be nice to click on an enemy base and you could check all the intel you ever got about that base...

(in reply to brisd)
Post #: 122
RE: wish list for patch - 7/14/2004 1:48:00 PM   
CoffeeMug

quote:

ORIGINAL: Point Luck

A way of toggling the hex grid numbers on and off on the map.

I second that. I really need it, when I want to enter the DH of a TF, e.g. I want to send 5 subs laid out in line in the assumed path between two enemy bases.

Another one: I would like to see my already planned missions or missions under execution, something like vectors between home base and DH.

Cheers,

CoffeeMug

(in reply to Point Luck)
Post #: 123
Solve the problems on PBem - 7/14/2004 3:20:16 PM   
pablomagno

The turn cycle and a combat replay

(in reply to brisd)
Post #: 124
RE: Solve the problems on PBem - 7/14/2004 5:28:27 PM   
kaleun

Any ETA on the patch?

Appear at places to which he must hasten; move swiftly where he does not expect you.
Sun Tzu

(in reply to pablomagno)
Post #: 125
RE: Solve the problems on PBem - 7/14/2004 5:39:39 PM   
PeteG662

How about assigning the correct type leaders to air firmations especially on the US airgroups.....right now bomber commanders are in charge of fighters and vice versa. Check out scenario 15 and see the initial setup of the commanders of the formations.....happens a little with British and Aussies but less so there than the US folks. No apparent problems with the Ducth as I see.

not a wish

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:27:57 AM >

(in reply to kaleun)
Post #: 126
RE: wish list for patch - 7/14/2004 6:04:05 PM   
Steely Glint

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Gnome

Automatic Convoys:
- Bases need to request supply sooner. Maybe raise the default levels a tad?
- Let me set supply/fuel target levels for a base. I'd like to set Pearl and Brisbane to 250,000/250,000 and let the auto-convoys do the work.

I'd like to endorse these two points in the strongest manner possible.

Also, please fix the map name spelling errors! Seeing, for example, Lokai instead of Lanai, Nihau instead of Niihau, and Johnson instead of Johnston takes a lot away from the game. Not a wish

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:28:31 AM >

“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 127
RE: wish list for patch - 7/14/2004 6:26:57 PM   
Damien Thorn

quote:

Automatic Convoys:
- Let me set supply/fuel target levels for a base.

That would be fantastic!

(in reply to Steely Glint)
Post #: 128
LCU stacking limit - 7/14/2004 7:05:27 PM   
Captain Cruft

Can we have a LCU stacking limit please? Right now you can stuff 75 divisions into one small atoll ...

Can lead to unrealistic ground combat results.

We really thought about this one the entire time we were testing and there was just too many problems associated with trying to get this to work. Sorry. look on th ebright side. If your enemy puts 75 divisions all in one place, then you can take everthing else.

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:31:03 AM >

(in reply to Damien Thorn)
Post #: 129
RE: Solve the problems on PBem - 7/14/2004 8:20:40 PM   
brisd

quote:

ORIGINAL: pablomagno

The turn cycle and a combat replay

You indicated a reply to me, I don't understand your comment?

"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."-Note sent with Congressman Washburne from Spotsylvania, May 11, 1864, to General Halleck. - General Ulysses S. Grant

(in reply to pablomagno)
Post #: 130
RE: wish list for patch - 7/14/2004 8:22:40 PM   
brisd

quote:

ORIGINAL: CoffeeMug

quote:

ORIGINAL: Point Luck

A way of toggling the hex grid numbers on and off on the map.

I second that. I really need it, when I want to enter the DH of a TF, e.g. I want to send 5 subs laid out in line in the assumed path between two enemy bases.

Another one: I would like to see my already planned missions or missions under execution, something like vectors between home base and DH.

Cheers,

CoffeeMug

Another big yes on this feature!

(in reply to CoffeeMug)
Post #: 131
RE: wish list for patch - 7/15/2004 12:10:36 AM   
pad152

Preview for ship upgrades - somthing like the show TOE for LCU's!

added to list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:32:53 AM >

(in reply to brisd)
Post #: 132
RE: wish list for patch - 7/15/2004 4:41:53 AM   
JohnK

When looking at ship data screens in port, I'd like a "next ship in port" button like the "next ship in TF" button for TFs.

added to list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:36:29 AM >

(in reply to pad152)
Post #: 133
RE: ASW patrol - 7/15/2004 5:48:40 AM   
MikeToth

FONTS ------ bigger and clearer fonts..... I'm also getting some pretty good headaches trying to read that small blurry font they are using

on the list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:36:54 AM >

(in reply to Bodhi)
Post #: 134
RE: ASW patrol - 7/15/2004 6:23:28 AM   
siRkid

We have been concentrating on bugs. I will go through this thread in the next few days and decide what to add to the list.

Former War in the Pacific Test Team Manager and Beta Tester for War in the East.

(in reply to brisd)
Post #: 135
RE: ASW patrol - 7/15/2004 9:52:58 AM   
Tomo

Dear Kid.
Please have a look "Post Map and OOB Comments Here " thread as well.

Others are assigned that task, so they are being looked at

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:38:00 AM >

Japanese wargamer. Will post from "the other side" .

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 136
RE: ASW patrol - 7/15/2004 10:06:35 AM   
brisd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

We have been concentrating on bugs. I will go through this thread in the next few days and decide what to add to the list.

I know you guys would do that, I just wanted to mention it so that people would recall that is top priority over 'nice to have' features.

(in reply to siRkid)
Post #: 137
Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm depending on... - 7/15/2004 1:27:40 PM   
Apollo11

NOTE: Since this thread is selected as "special" I will repeat my wish(es) here...

Hi all,

I got my WitP yesterday and I only quickly read the manual (don't ask me when I went to bed last night) but I think I didn't see and change regarding TF refuel/rearm in WitP compared to UV...

TF Rearming (replenishing ammo)

Right now (as far as I know now) any TF can rearm (replenish ammo) all guns (all calibers) in any size port.

IMHO this is not OK and should be changed.

Since we have the torpedo load restrictions and mine load restrictions why not add the restrictions for different guns (based on gun caliber)?

Why not add restriction that depending of port size only certain gun caliber ammo can be rearmed?

Port size 1-2: Ammo for below 5" caliber

Port size 3-4-5: All previous + ammo for above 5" caliber

Port size 6-7-8: All previous + ammo for above 8" caliber

Port size 9-10: All previous + ammo for above 10" caliber

TF Refueling

Right now (as far as I know now) any TF can refuel at any speed (i.e. take same amount of fuel) in any size port.

IMHO this is not OK and should be changed.

Why not add restriction that depending of port size the refuel takes more OPs (operation points) and thus take more time in smaller port size?

For example the 15 ship TF totally empty would be able to refuel fully in port size of, let's say, 6 and spend maximum number of OPs (operation points) but that same TF in port size of, let's say, 2 would only load 33% of fuel.

What do you say gentleman?

Matrix/2By3: any hope for this in some future WitP patch?

Leo "Apollo11"

(in reply to brisd)
Post #: 138
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/15/2004 5:20:51 PM   
The Gnome

quote:

Why not add restriction that depending of port size only certain gun caliber ammo can be rearmed?

These brackets seem slightly too restrictive, but I'd love to see something along these lines. Great idea!

Maybe destroyer tenders in a size 1-2 port could allow it to rearm its guns as well. Same with an AS letting subs rearm their deck guns. The presence of an AE should allow any size gun to be rearmed.

< Message edited by The Gnome -- 7/15/2004 10:20:55 AM >

(in reply to Apollo11)
Post #: 139
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/15/2004 6:20:50 PM   
Sonny

Not sure if this has been mentioned but...

On the list all land units screen if we could have another sortable column with the objective it would be wonderful.

added to list

BTW - I love all of the filters and sorts on all of the data screens it makes things so much easier than in UV.

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:41:45 AM >

Quote from Snigbert -

"If you mess with the historical accuracy, you're going to have ahistorical outcomes."

"I'll say it again for Sonny's sake: If you mess with historical accuracy, you're going to have
ahistorical outcomes. "

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 140
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/15/2004 6:33:20 PM   
The Gnome

I won't count these as bugs, but more as annoyances, so I'll lsit them here. Clicking the following buttons causes enough delay to be a distraction:
- TF Destination
- TF Follow
- TF Home Base
- LCU March To
- LCU Future Objective
- Aicraft Transfer to base

These are actions we do often within a turn of planning and the 2-5 second delay can really ruin a train of thought - as well as add up. The interface for the most part is very smooth and fluid, and a real joy to use. If this could get cleared up it would be a real boon!

(in reply to Sonny)
Post #: 141
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/16/2004 7:27:25 AM   
CaptBeefheart

quote:

quote:

These brackets seem slightly too restrictive, but I'd love to see something along these lines. Great idea!

Maybe destroyer tenders in a size 1-2 port could allow it to rearm its guns as well. Same with an AS letting subs rearm their deck guns. The presence of an AE should allow any size gun to be rearmed.

Good idea and let me second the idea on AE ships nullifying the requirement.

Two other points:

1. How about allowing flexible aircraft upgrade paths? I've got useless Wirraway squadrons and will have to wait months until Boomerangs come off the line, when I could be replacing them with Spits or Hurris. Ditto the Fulmar, and probably others.

2. If you have a transport TF heading from San Fran to Noumea, how about automatically routing it well away from Tarawa and Kwajalein? As it is, I have to set the home to Noumea and pick a spot due east of Noumea as the DH.

CC

< Message edited by Commander Cody -- 7/16/2004 8:25:02 PM >

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 142
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/16/2004 5:15:13 PM   
The Gnome

Couple more ideas after playing last night, mostly about being able to look at the map and get a better window on what's going on.

- Would like to see a symbol on the base's hex to signify the following: Oil, Resources, HI, shipping.

- Show the resource level on mouseover.
added to list

- Would like to see a little lightning bolt symbol on the hex if it was included on the sigint report. Hover the mouse over the symbol and you would see the report. For example in the sigint report you might see a line item of "4th Fleet setting Wake Island as its objective". I'd like to see a little lightning bolt on the map at Wake Island and see that message on mouseover.
added to list

- Would like a slightly larger base flag for bases with a combined port and airfield size greater than or equal to 10. This would show the major bases at a glance.

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:48:49 AM >

(in reply to CaptBeefheart)
Post #: 143
RE: wish list for patch - 7/16/2004 5:21:44 PM   
pmath

I have a faster computer and I agree the combat resolution is lengthy. I love the game, but streamlining the processing would be nice if it doesn't compromise the mechanics, if feasible in a future release.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 144
RE: wish list for patch - 7/16/2004 5:45:19 PM   
pmath

I love the game, have suggestions for displays...

From the TF list would like to go to the task force's location on the tactical map when I select a TF, at sea doesn't help

It does that now

Grid numbers would help if ther were an option to toggle display of them on the Tac Map

Already on the list

Is it possible to filter ship list by type, I haven't figured out how to do this yet, same for bases by Air or Port size.
Yes by using the filtes at the top of the information screen

List all ships in port (anotherwords just those not assigned to TFs)
sort by location

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:55:08 AM >

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 145
RE: wish list for patch - 7/16/2004 5:50:54 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

From the TF list would like to go to the task force's location on the tactical map when I select a TF, at sea doesn't help

Click on the location hotspot instead of the tf hotspot and you will relocate to that hex.

(in reply to pmath)
Post #: 146
RE: wish list for patch - 7/16/2004 6:21:36 PM   
The Gnome

Had an idea for a Fighter Patrol Mission. It works similar to a cross of the LR CAP and patrol missions.
-Can intercept transport aircraft within the patrol range like LR CAP
-Can spot/attack naval units within the patrol range like patrol mission
-Chance to add to the cap of TF's/Bases within the patrol range (simulates encountering the strike while on patrol).
-Chance to encounter opposed patrol resulting in aircombat.

Have too many memories of Baa Baa Blacksheep going through my head today lol.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 147
RE: wish list for patch - 7/16/2004 7:43:27 PM   
freeboy

simplified interface for production for jap player... all home base .. automatically adjusts levels based upon input, ie raise troops , stop making judy;s concentrate on r@d etc

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 148
RE: wish list for patch - 7/16/2004 8:32:18 PM   
DaveConn

How about a simple interface addition: the ability to use "cntl-left click" (or some other method) to select multiple units, and then give them the same order?

added to list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 2:57:55 AM >

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 149
RE: Ideas for change regarding TF refuel/rearm dependin... - 7/17/2004 12:49:57 AM   
dtravel

quote:

Couple more ideas after playing last night, mostly about being able to look at the map and get a better window on what's going on.

- Would like to see a symbol on the base's hex to signify the following: Oil, Resources, HI, shipping. Show the resource level on mouseover.

- Would like to see a little lightning bolt symbol on the hex if it was included on the sigint report. Hover the mouse over the symbol and you would see the report. For example in the sigint report you might see a line item of "4th Fleet setting Wake Island as its objective". I'd like to see a little lightning bolt on the map at Wake Island and see that message on mouseover.

I was also thinking about requesting these.

Another thing. This one seems so simple and basic that I can't believe it wasn't included to start with. A message when a TF reaches its destination! When you have 100+ TFs wandering around it is way too easy for forget about that transport you sent off to load up on oil before the Nips overrun the base.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to The Gnome)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: ASW patrol Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI