Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: wish list for patch

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: wish list for patch Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 2:12:15 PM   
PzLdr

I see a need for an way to edit the Refuel location option for computer convoys . I have several start from the port in in the Southeast Asia zone going down to Darwin (for example), but it says its going to refuel at Pearl Harbor. But I have no way to edit it other than to override the computer. The means to edit the PC's choice of refuel location would be nice. Also nice to add that as a cmd on player control TF to verses managing the convoy movement manually, etc.

If this topic has always been suggested, sorry I did a search and found nothing.

Great game

No Guts, NO Glory!!!

(in reply to Aelbric)
Post #: 241
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 2:57:48 PM   
Jaws_slith

Extra switches in the preferences

1: Activate Russians rule on/off
2: Auto replenish on/off
3: Auto convoy on/off (for the big and small scenario's)

The sound for my SB audigy fixed and last but not least... a sort option and date for ships that were sunk.

Very good game and I like the complexity

< Message edited by Jaws43 -- 7/22/2004 12:58:10 PM >

(in reply to PzLdr)
Post #: 242
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 4:35:57 PM   
myros

Guess you didnt actualy read my post ;)

When I use the follow option the unit being followed arrives first, the rest arive the next day. Units seem to move at different rates so the follow command will only work when you make the slowest unit the one to be followed (not unlike the ships follow command, if you give a slow TF a follow command to a high speed TF its not going to "arrive on the very same turn") Same thing seems to be happening with ground forces except there is no way to figure out what unit will move faster/slower.

Myros

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

Ever thought of using the Follow Command instead of the Move command? All units will arrive together on the very same turn.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 243
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 4:43:20 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

When I use the follow option the unit being followed arrives first, the rest arive the next day. Units seem to move at different rates so the follow command will only work when you make the slowest unit the one to be followed (not unlike the ships follow command, if you give a slow TF a follow command to a high speed TF its not going to "arrive on the very same turn") Same thing seems to be happening with ground forces except there is no way to figure out what unit will move faster/slower.

Ground 'Follow' will slow down the faster units to the speed of the slowest unit.

Naval TF 'Follow' is different, you will need to follow the slowest unit to avoid them pulling apart because of the unique mission parameters of the different types of TF's. Telling a transport TF (9 knots) to follow a Surface TF (30 knots) will result in them following, but not at 30 knots because they obviously can not make that speed but they will FOLLOW the TF to the best of their abilities.

(in reply to myros)
Post #: 244
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 7:28:18 PM   
myros

I'll give it some more tries and see if I didnt just make a mistake.

Myros

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 245
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 7:47:08 PM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: Beezle

Could you have the "<" and ">" keys (actually "," and ".", the unshifted versions, or maybe the 4 and 6 on the Numbers Keypad do "next"? Then I could leave the mouse in one place on the screen, click ">" and click on "Unload" or "Human Control" or whatever _much_ faster since I wouldn't be moving the mouse around.

Beezle
President
Wargamers Against Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Due to Too Much Clicking

The 4 and 6 are in use, you can instead of using mouse to scroll use 4,6,8,2 to move around the map.

Btw hitting ESC simulates a mouse click, at least whilr turn runs i hit Esc to close each combat report that comes up after read... no need mouse click on little button to close the report screen

Noise? What Noise? It's sooooo quiet and Peaceful!

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to DrewMatrix)
Post #: 246
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 9:13:55 PM   
myros

Did some checking - seems to be right Frag. But something odd too:

1. Scenario 3 - Selected townsville. Selected 7th inf division, set destination Cairns. Set all to march.
7th inf div arrived first, 4 other units next day, 5th inf last, 1 day later.

2. Same. 7th inf div - destination Cairns. Selected 'all follow'.
All units arrive together.

3. Did the exact same as '1' with all set to march. This time they all traveled at exact speed arriving at same time. In fact I started the scenario 5 times and couldnt duplicate the first results.

I then reloaded scenario 3 and selected Noumea. Set destination of furthest base on island to north. Set all to march, all units except the HQ arrived in 3 days which arrived 1 day later. Reloaded - did the follow routine and they all arrive together. Reloaded did regular march orders - they now all travel at same speed and arrive together.

Seems like some odd results. After using follow command all units started traveling at same speed even if using regular macrh orders.

Myros

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 247
RE: wish list for patch - 7/22/2004 11:23:53 PM   
Jaws_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jaws43

The sound for my SB audigy fixed and last but not least... a sort option and date for ships that were sunk.

And ehh....
Fix accept replacement bug in preferences (on is off and off is on now)
Sort LCU's country wise option

(in reply to Jaws_slith)
Post #: 248
RE: wish list for patch - 7/23/2004 12:34:14 AM   
SunDevil_MatrixForum

Since this is the wish list, here is what I wish they could add to the game. The feature for upgrading roads. By putting in industry and manpower, trails can be turned into roads, roads to railways. I am not asking for a gamey feature, just something that will take a while but will also add to the strategy of the game.

Was on the list from day one of testing.

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 4:07:25 AM >

(in reply to Jaws_slith)
Post #: 249
RE: wish list for patch - 7/23/2004 3:35:26 AM   
Mike Scholl

Could we ask for some LARGER "buttons" on the screen for opening, closing, returning,
and the like. These get used a lot, and require more precision with the mouse printer
than seems necessary . It might not be as astethically pleasing, but on the 10,000th
click astethics is a very secondary feature compared to ease of use.

(in reply to SunDevil_MatrixForum)
Post #: 250
RE: wish list for patch - 7/23/2004 11:36:16 AM   
Jaws_slith

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mike Scholl

Could we ask for some LARGER "buttons" on the screen for opening, closing, returning,
and the like. These get used a lot, and require more precision with the mouse printer
than seems necessary . It might not be as astethically pleasing, but on the 10,000th
click astethics is a very secondary feature compared to ease of use.

Aldo glasses are a good alternative I agree complete

(in reply to Mike Scholl)
Post #: 251
RE: wish list for patch - 7/23/2004 8:22:10 PM   
Andy Mac

Any chance of an option on what a squn upgrades to.

Im not asking for the free for all that was PAcwar but a little flexibilty would be nice even if it was only one other secondary choice for each unit. I would like to see at least a second upgrade path for each air unit.

It doen not need to be practical just give us the choice. i.e. Hurrican sqn normaly upgrades to spitfire give us a Fighter Bomber option i.e. P39 or Beaufighter or Mosquito (doesnt need to be the same for all units just a little variety)

I suspect an option like this would be more valuable for some Japanese designs and Im not suggesting turning patrols into Fighter or bombers into fighters but perhaps Aus Hudsons who upgrade to Beuforts could be give a choice to go to B25's instead or even to Bolos which the US is phasing out of or B17 C's

Anything just to give some variety.

I cannot at this point speak intelligently about where the Japanese could benefit but I suspect a choice for Kate or Val squns (Non carrier) or Mavis sqns to switch to Betties or Vals to Betties/Nells or Oscars going to the Japanese FB type as long as the player has control of aircraft production I think we need a little variety in upgrade paths.

Andy

(in reply to Jaws_slith)
Post #: 252
RE: wish list for patch - 7/23/2004 9:48:47 PM   
WhoCares

Not really something for a patch, but a little calendar would be nice little addition.
It could be used to plan things ahead and get a reminder, e.g. when you plan to switch production, when you expect your units to be ready to launch a new attack, maybe even coordinate an invasion launched from different bases...

Obviously, it could also keep a record of past events, e.g. battles, the fall of bases, etc.

(in reply to Andy Mac)
Post #: 253
RE: wish list for patch - 7/23/2004 10:15:47 PM   
Captain Cruft

I would like a command line interface, it could go in the scrolling message box at the bottom.

I'm not talking about a full scripting language, just a simple "set tf", "show tf" type of thing e.g.

witp> show tf 2001
TF 2001, loc 42,34
Base PH, Dest Suva
12 Ships: 4 x DD, 8 x AK
etc etc.
witp> set tf 2001 dest=Noumea
witp> show tf 2001
TF 2001, loc 42,34
Base PH, Dest Noumea
12 Ships: 4 x DD, 8 x AK
etc etc.

Would make things a lot quicker than the current clickfest.

(in reply to WhoCares)
Post #: 254
RE: wish list for patch - 7/23/2004 11:53:16 PM   
turn2

Is there a way to see what reinforcements arrived in theatre and where they arrived? If not, I would definitely like to see this introduced. Sometimes I miss the notices at the end of the computers turn cause I’m afk and when there are a lot of reinforcements slated for a certain day, I don’t want to have to look at the Ground, Air and Ship Reinforement screen and either memorize everything or write it down cause it disappears after they arrive.

already on the list

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 4:08:17 AM >

(in reply to Captain Cruft)
Post #: 255
RE: wish list for patch - 7/24/2004 4:17:49 AM   
esteban

1. Ability to overlay command areas onto the map, so I can figure out which units I am turning over to the tender mercies of the AI.

2. The existing variants mostly give the allies some luvin'. Can we get some to help out the Japanese? How about:

-Stalin stays out of Far East. Anxious to consolidate his hold on Eastern Europe and rebuild his badly bled country, Stalin stays out of an aggressive war with Japan. As long as the Manchuoko garrison requirement is met, Russia will not activate at any time.

-Chinese civil war. The communist and nationalist Chinese fall out and resume fighting hostilities against eachother. Chinese garrison requirements are halved, and after calculation, half of Chinese production is lost.

(in reply to turn2)
Post #: 256
RE: wish list for patch - 7/24/2004 8:53:39 AM   
dtravel

This is in reference to the threads discussing troop loading. Can some kind of notation or indicator be put on LCUs showing that they are in the process of being loaded onto ships? Maybe put a '*' or 'L' after the LCU's name to show that it is in the middle of a multi-day loading? Help prevent a confused player (like me ) from building a second (or third or fourth) TF to load "this bleeping unloadable" unit onto.

This game does not have a learning curve. It has a learning cliff.

"Bomb early, bomb often, bomb everything." - Niceguy

Any bugs I report are always straight stock games.

(in reply to esteban)
Post #: 257
RE: wish list for patch - 7/24/2004 11:04:25 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

ORIGINAL: esteban

-Stalin stays out of Far East. Anxious to consolidate his hold on Eastern Europe and rebuild his badly bled country, Stalin stays out of an aggressive war with Japan. As long as the Manchuoko garrison requirement is met, Russia will not activate at any time.

Don't understand this one, if the Assault point requirment is
there, USSR just doesn't enter war, or does it near the End?

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to esteban)
Post #: 258
RE: ASW patrol - 7/24/2004 4:02:28 PM   
BoerWar

quote:

I'd like to see CV based bombers fixed so that no matter what orders they have they would default to attack an enemy CV if it was located within range. If they were planning to do an airfield/ground attack the torp bombers can attack with bombs in the first round. I am in a PBEM game as the Japanese. Op infield popped up and my genius bombers flew right on by 3 CV's in route to a suprise attack on PH despite that fact that the U.S. CV's were the real target. We conduct a suprise attack and the U.S. CV's get in the first licks. AAAArrrggghhh.

Set them to primary Naval attack and secondary Port attack.

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:16:14 AM >

Ok, will you be programing the "historical first turn" attack on PH this way? Currently if you play a "variable turn one" with a "historical first turn" the result if operation infield turns up is highly questionable. I don't get to change settings with "historical first turn" selected and I don't think we should have to create a bunch of house rules to prevent shenanigans if "hstorical first turn" isn't selected.

(in reply to Point Luck)
Post #: 259
RE: ASW patrol - 7/24/2004 5:23:16 PM   
hithere

I just skimed the 240+ wishes but didn't see this...i'm sure it's there

- a summary at the end of the turn for unit's that came during the turn...i try to keep up with the coming units but miss them sometimes....also because when they are listed at the bottom of the screen..i have the scroll sped up to save time..so i miss them somtimes

already on the list You missed it 4 times.

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 4:09:25 AM >

Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"

(in reply to brisd)
Post #: 260
RE: ASW patrol - 7/24/2004 5:32:44 PM   
hithere

quote:

ORIGINAL: BoerWar

quote:

I'd like to see CV based bombers fixed so that no matter what orders they have they would default to attack an enemy CV if it was located within range. If they were planning to do an airfield/ground attack the torp bombers can attack with bombs in the first round. I am in a PBEM game as the Japanese. Op infield popped up and my genius bombers flew right on by 3 CV's in route to a suprise attack on PH despite that fact that the U.S. CV's were the real target. We conduct a suprise attack and the U.S. CV's get in the first licks. AAAArrrggghhh.

Set them to primary Naval attack and secondary Port attack.

< Message edited by Kid -- 7/20/2004 3:16:14 AM >

Ok, will you be programing the "historical first turn" attack on PH this way? Currently if you play a "variable turn one" with a "historical first turn" the result if operation infield turns up is highly questionable. I don't get to change settings with "historical first turn" selected and I don't think we should have to create a bunch of house rules to prevent shenanigans if "hstorical first turn" isn't selected.

not to debate this here....but if you choose variable turn one and get infield, thus hammered...that is the chance you take....it is not "shenanigans", it is the game. if that is what really happened, KB would not have had time to rearm 300 aircraft, they went there to bomb PH, hopfully with the CV's in port. As proof, as mentioned before, look at midway..really almost the exact same situation as infield

Quote from one of my drill sergeants, "remember, except for the extreme heat, intense radiation, and powerful blast wave, a nuclear explosion is just like any other explosion"

(in reply to BoerWar)
Post #: 261
RE: wish list for patch - 7/24/2004 5:37:06 PM   
MadmanRick

I would like to see the date that a ship is sunk added, that way one could tell if it was sunk right away or if it succombed to its' damage later.

Rick

already on the list

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Kid -- 8/10/2004 4:09:54 AM >

"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter". Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

(in reply to Germ29)
Post #: 262
RE: ASW patrol - 7/24/2004 5:40:43 PM   
pry

quote:

ORIGINAL: hithere

I just skimed the 240+ wishes but didn't see this...i'm sure it's there

- a summary at the end of the turn for unit's that came during the turn...i try to keep up with the coming units but miss them sometimes....also because when they are listed at the bottom of the screen..i have the scroll sped up to save time..so i miss them somtimes

This is already in the game ships, airgroups and land units are listed at the bottom of the daily Operations report, However between the next to last beta and the retail version this somehow got broken. It is on the list to be fixed.

(in reply to hithere)
Post #: 263
RE: ASW patrol - 7/24/2004 5:43:27 PM   
hithere

Thanks

(in reply to pry)
Post #: 264
RE: wish list for patch - 7/24/2004 5:43:36 PM   
MadmanRick

Ok, this one is harder than my last one, but something I've desired since early on in UV. I would like to see an "undo" button. I sometimes transfer aircraft to bases/ships, but to the wrong one. My favorite mistake used to be Lunga and Lungaville (sic) in UV. It is easier to transfer by using the map option, but I still have accidentally transferred to the wrong base/ship from time to time. I would prefer that an "undo" button ONLY be available for transferring a/c and for no other purpose. Thanks,

Rick

Attachment (1)

"Our lives begin to end the moment we become silent about things that matter". Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

(in reply to MadmanRick)
Post #: 265
RE: wish list for patch - 7/24/2004 6:24:13 PM   
Mr.Frag

quote:

I would like to see an "undo" button.

<chuckle>

That is #1 on my list of wishes, but for a whole lot of very technical reasons, it will probably never make it. It is actually a fundimental difference to the way things were coded and will require a huge investment in rewrite time.

(in reply to MadmanRick)
Post #: 266
RE: wish list for patch - 7/24/2004 11:22:40 PM   
Banquet

I'd like to see a different icon on the map for a sighted enemy TF if it includes a CV sighting.

An icon similiar to the friendly air combat TF should be used. CV's are a big deal and any TF containing a CV should be easy to differentiate.

(in reply to Mr.Frag)
Post #: 267
RE: wish list for patch - 7/24/2004 11:55:05 PM   
DrewMatrix

quote:

I would like to see an "undo" button.

They have one. "Q". But it only works if you use the "F" button frequently <G>

Beezle - Rapidly running out of altitude, airspeed and ideas.

(in reply to Banquet)
Post #: 268
RE: wish list for patch - 7/25/2004 12:02:46 AM   
Jaws_slith

The same short keys as used in Pacific War.
Ability to train extra aviation units.
Quick Save option.
Simple cancel option when loaded wrong troops into ships.
Country computer control option.

< Message edited by Jaws43 -- 7/24/2004 10:04:42 PM >

(in reply to DrewMatrix)
Post #: 269
RE: wish list for patch - 7/25/2004 9:23:06 AM   
Cmdrcain

quote:

quote:

And ehh....
Fix accept replacement bug in preferences (on is off and off is on now)
Sort LCU's country wise option

Is it really?

On = OFf no Replacements and Off = On yes get replacements... what Version talking of?

Not talking of accept replacemenys in unit screens?

Battlestar Pegasus

(in reply to Jaws_slith)
Post #: 270
Page:   <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> RE: wish list for patch Page: <<   < prev  7 8 [9] 10 11   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI