Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: ANY Clue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> RE: ANY Clue Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 4:09:35 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: SlapBone

Hey Matrix... there sure is a lot of "retail" in your no-retail plan. So the download is ready, but you guys are waiting for your digital download boxes to be ready? Maybe you guys ought to lay off the herb and start planning stuff like this.

Amen!! I'm on the fence with this purchase anyway (Price). I'm not a big fan of needing a box?? This whole thing is starting to read like a "soap Opera".

Tony

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 31
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 4:50:30 PM   
Capitaine

I always thought you could order the CD/box/whatever after you actually did your dd. Exactly WHY does the SNAFU w/ boxes affect the present availability of the dd?

Let us D/L it now, and get the CD's or boxes later, geez!

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 32
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 5:06:12 PM   
kverdon

I too am anoyed by the delay of the DD for a box I could care less about. As far as I'm concerned, if this is not available for DD by tomorrow morning at the latest then they've lost my sale, I'll be on vacation. This release is turning into a real SNAFU. Did they realy not think this thru or are they just trying to annoy their customers and loose sales?

Kevin

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 33
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 5:34:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

Pumba,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pumba1968
Thank you for the update as I would like to try this "game on demand" option.
Could you please tell me if the CD included in the box will labelled?
Have you an idea about the price applied for this option?
If I choose the "game on demand" will the box be posted from the US or the UK? when I purchased WitP the Backup CD has been shipped from the US whereas I have ordered through the Europe store?
Thanks in advance.

The Game on Demand option allows us to ship a full DVD game box such as those we sell at the conventions. It's shipped from Europe for European customers and we are also doing trackable shipping (via UPS/FedEx) for this launch and all games going forward so that we can get away from the many, many issues we had with DR and USPS.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Clipper1968)
Post #: 34
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 5:38:39 PM   
Erik Rutins

Gentlemen,

quote:

ORIGINAL: kverdon
I too am anoyed by the delay of the DD for a box I could care less about. As far as I'm concerned, if this is not available for DD by tomorrow morning at the latest then they've lost my sale, I'll be on vacation. This release is turning into a real SNAFU. Did they realy not think this thru or are they just trying to annoy their customers and loose sales?

I'd like to understand how we're doing you any harm. Because of the changes to the system, we need to do all of this at once. The result will be better service for customers who want a game box or backup CD and no change for those who don't. The original goal was to release this week, we're still on track for that, it's just taking us to later in the week than we expected.

I would propose that the real SNAFU would be us putting everything up early without fully testing the store changes just so a few folks can get the digital download. You may recall the issues we had with DR for the WitP and StarShatter launches where some of the changes showed up in the store before they were done. We're trying to avoid that this time and make sure everything goes smoothly. Please bear with us, the difference is a matter of days, not weeks or months.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to kverdon)
Post #: 35
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 5:41:06 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine
I always thought you could order the CD/box/whatever after you actually did your dd. Exactly WHY does the SNAFU w/ boxes affect the present availability of the dd?

It's always had to be part of the original order - there's no way to order the game box later as a separate order, never was and never will be. The game box is in itself a full game, just like the "backup" copy. In these changes we are responding to customer feedback received over the weeks since the initial digital download launch. We've been working with DR for two months to get all this done in time for the next launch, Battles in Normandy. We're at the final wire now and I just ask you all to be a bit more patient please.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 36
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 5:45:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

Slapbone,

quote:

ORIGINAL: SlapBone
Hey Matrix... there sure is a lot of "retail" in your no-retail plan. So the download is ready, but you guys are waiting for your digital download boxes to be ready? Maybe you guys ought to lay off the herb and start planning stuff like this.

It's been in the works since June. We've had requests from customers for longer than that for an actual game box. This is not a "retail" decision, it's for folks who want something better to store the game in and something that's not a somewhat generically labeled backup CD. Along with this come improvements in other areas of the store, some behind the scenes, some more evident in areas like shipping.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 37
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 5:50:31 PM   
Erik Rutins

Freeboy,

quote:

ORIGINAL: freeboy
Erik and all, this is the kind of stuff that I find so frustrating and irritating... that instead of cleaning up a cd or box on demand issue after initial orders, those wanting just a dd.. most of the folks I'd wager... have to wait....
It is the same thing as happened at that whole MAtrix goes to Origins with witp in hand.. we had no idea it wouldn't be a dd in a few hours after returning.. in soime cases the dd was weeks after origins....

PLEASE in the future give us an idea of whats going on.. like your comment above....
and my comments not to indicate in any way the game or dd is not a good chioce, but really scratching my head on the chioices you folks make at my time expense...

If we put it up and then enabled Game on Demand a week later, we would get a week worth of customers complaining that they want to change their order. The changes are extremely far along now and this is the future of the store - still giving the best possible service to download only customers, but significantly improving the service to customers who either don't want to download/can't download or want an additional backup copy in a nice game box with a printed CD.

With regard to Origins, we made an extra effort to get copies ready for the convention. We were literally doing production one hour before the doors opened. Upon our return, we had to get it up on the store and that took one week. I don't really see that anyone was harmed by that and most customers understand that we don't have a large staff and sometimes things take a bit longer. Yes, we've had issues with DR, but we've spent a lot of time listening and a lot of time dealing with them to improve their service to the level we want and you want. These changes are a step in the right direction for a large portion of our customers and all we're asking of the download-only customers is that they hang on for another day or two.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 38
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 5:52:28 PM   
Clipper1968

Erik,

Thanks for the reply.
Take your time as I can wait for the "game on demand" option.

Patience is the courtesy of the King. Our last one lost his head...

Go BiN.

"s'instruire pour vaincre"

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 39
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 5:57:50 PM   
IanAM

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
The original goal was to release this week, we're still on track for that, it's just taking us to later in the week than we expected.

Perhaps your mistake was to give the expected release date...should have announced a date a month ahead of your anticipated date, then come out as the good guys if you were able to release earlier...

Too honest with your customers, that's Matrix's problem

Ian

hill107.net - documents and photos relating to the Battle of Arnhem, Battle of Crete, WW2 Airborne

Post #: 40
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 6:02:21 PM   
kverdon

Eirk,

Though no real "Harm" I'm still anoyed that the product I'm interrested, though ready, is being delayed for something I'm not remotely interrested in. Though you say "be patient" its not weeks its days, in my case, like I mentioned earlier, if its not out by tomorrow morning it will be weeks for me. I'm going to have about 7 days train travel and it sure would have been nice to have BIN to enjoy as I watched the country roll by.

BIN - Delayed by BOX bocage.

Kevin

(in reply to IanAM)
Post #: 41
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 6:59:00 PM   
TheHellPatrol

Having had experience with the DR/Witp fiasco i completely understand what Matrix is doing and why they're doing it. In the end it will all be worth it, but knowing BiN's ready is like having a gorgeous babe come up and give you her phone number and later you realize you lost it!.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone.
Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to kverdon)
Post #: 42
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 7:09:07 PM   
Erik Rutins

Kevin,

quote:

ORIGINAL: kverdon
Though no real "Harm" I'm still anoyed that the product I'm interrested, though ready, is being delayed for something I'm not remotely interrested in. Though you say "be patient" its not weeks its days, in my case, like I mentioned earlier, if its not out by tomorrow morning it will be weeks for me. I'm going to have about 7 days train travel and it sure would have been nice to have BIN to enjoy as I watched the country roll by.

I understand, in your shoes I'd be frustrated too, but unfortunately we can't seem to avoid a few last minute glitches when dealing with DR. We're doing everything we can to get everything squared away quickly, but I think that it's more likely we're looking at 5pm tomorrow. I'm sorry for the bad news in that regard - any chance you can get to an internet connection at some point during that trip?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to kverdon)
Post #: 43
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 7:30:18 PM   
TheHellPatrol

5 PM Friday? Is that Pacific Time? I'll write that down...my Wife has been nagging me to get away from my PC/Witp and do something else with my life for a change, come to think of it i don't know if BiN is what she had in mind.

Henry David Thoreau

Post #: 44
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 7:31:37 PM   
EricGuitarJames

Good to see that the game boxes/cases are in the works. Makes it a more likely (funds permitting) purchase

It's Just a Ride!

Post #: 45
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 7:45:34 PM   
Capitaine

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capitaine

It's always had to be part of the original order - there's no way to order the game box later as a separate order, never was and never will be. The game box is in itself a full game, just like the "backup" copy.

Erik, not sure if you know your own policy, but I've forgotten to do the "CD On Demand" w/ my DD and have been able to go back and order it AFTER doing the DD and sti8ll getting my disk. It says so in your customer support section of the store. That was my point: As long as this boxed backup is the "CD On Demand", you should be able -- consistently w/ past practice -- to order it in a separate transaction as long as you have your order/serial number(s) (which is not a problem). HTH

Post #: 46
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 7:48:14 PM   
Erik Rutins

Capitaine,

The only way I'm aware of that allows that is to go through our support process, which involves manually setting up a new order to get that sent out. This is not something we could do for a large number of customers, only for the exceptions. If there's another way, please send me a link to erikr@matrixgames.com and I'll check it out. It could be I've missed something or that something's not working as it should.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 47
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 7:49:37 PM   
kverdon

Erik,

Yeah, is that EST or PST. If its Eastern Time I still have a shot. We won't leave for the Train Station until about 3pm PST.

Kevin

(in reply to SlapBone)
Post #: 48
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 7:55:33 PM   
Capitaine

Erik, here's the text from the Store's "Customer Support" section:

"What if I want a shipment, but have already purchased a download?
Unfortunately, we are unable to exchange a downloadable product for a physical product that you have already purchased. Please place a separate order for the physical product. If you would like to purchase a CD for the downloadable products in your order please look up your order and click on the Buy Now button for burn a CD."

The last sentence is what I'm referring to: Burn a CD. Now, if you're talking "physical product" vs. DD plus burn a CD, I'm with you. You made it sound as though your "boxed" CD and the burned CD are one and the same for BiN. Maybe you don't know yourself?

(N.B. I'd rather have the DD b/c then you don't need the CD in the drive to play! )

(in reply to kverdon)
Post #: 49
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 8:13:09 PM   
Capitaine

Heh, just to prove it, I just now ordered the backup CD for WitP which I had neglected to do initially in my DD. Whether I get something that's labelled and in a DVD box, or just the burned CD in a sleeve as before, is inconsequential to me. Understood that others may want the CD thing that they'll have to have in their drive to play, but that's them. I thought Matrix was going to DD whole hog, so any labelling would be on the backup CD in any case. Any clarification on this issue?

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 50
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 8:39:08 PM   
freeboy

quote:

store changes just so a few folks

I really do not think you are correct, most folks will order dd, not a non manual boxed set cd at a higher price!!!
But back to the witp/origins fiasco... all that was needed to be done was to say" we need 7 to 10 days AFTER origins to get our stuff in line with the folks at DR.."

Again here you make a choice, to delay the dd to get "box on Demand" available, which STILL has to ship anyway!!! I am totally pissed at these decisions that make sense to you, but cost me time BECAUSE MATRIX failed AGAIN to communicate this early in the week

I love MG, REALLY, but not communicating about this is too much. Your choice re the whole box thing.. do not agree but thats fine, but the real aspect that continues to irk me is the non communication. How long ago was this being done.. did you just start after gold to try to set this up? I have 25 years of retail and customer/client service and I would NEVER make choices like these without up front explaining to my customers/clients the delays.... or else they go elsewhere

< Message edited by freeboy -- 9/17/2004 2:39:57 AM >

(in reply to Capitaine)
Post #: 51
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 8:41:01 PM   
freeboy

quote:

The only way I'm aware of that allows that is to go through our support process, which involves manually setting up a new order to get that sent out

Erik,
We where told we had thirty days after purchasing witp to add the dd on demand...
fyi

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 52
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 9:28:54 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

quote:

store changes just so a few folks

I really do not think you are correct, most folks will order dd, not a non manual boxed set cd at a higher price!!!
But back to the witp/origins fiasco... all that was needed to be done was to say" we need 7 to 10 days AFTER origins to get our stuff in line with the folks at DR.."

Again here you make a choice, to delay the dd to get "box on Demand" available, which STILL has to ship anyway!!! I am totally pissed at these decisions that make sense to you, but cost me time BECAUSE MATRIX failed AGAIN to communicate this early in the week

I love MG, REALLY, but not communicating about this is too much. Your choice re the whole box thing.. do not agree but thats fine, but the real aspect that continues to irk me is the non communication. How long ago was this being done.. did you just start after gold to try to set this up? I have 25 years of retail and customer/client service and I would NEVER make choices like these without up front explaining to my customers/clients the delays.... or else they go elsewhere

Jesus, it´s not only because of adding a box option. It´s a whole bunch of changes , these HAVE to be done at the same time by Digital River. And on top we have not given a certain day of release. We stated when it went GOLD and we stated when think it´s going to be released.

We did not just start ater announcing GOLD with this. This is in the works for a longer time as you might recall from some discussions in the WITP forums.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 53
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 9:30:03 PM   
Marc von Martial

quote:

But back to the witp/origins fiasco.

Which fiasco ???

(in reply to Marc von Martial)
Post #: 54
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 9:35:16 PM   
Toby42

What were the problems with the release of WITP ??????

Tony

Post #: 55
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 9:38:34 PM   
Marc von Martial

None, since we sayed form the beginning that we will exclusively sell it at Origins as a special promotion and have it available online some days after Origins.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 56
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 9:52:15 PM   
freeboy

Short memory Mark? there was no communication that it would take over a week after origins to get the dd going , and then it was lots of poeple in the witp forum complaining about all the vat stuff , inability to order etc...

Days after origin, get real...
to me that is two days max... and if you knew you had to do all this with DR at once, why was it not set up in advance, all exceipt the actual files...
As a loyal customer your attitude and surprise amaze me, but then again there are those who lean towards funtionality and those that lean towards client/customer service...
I always thought MG was the later, but I guess I was in error and will adjust my expectation in the future.

< Message edited by freeboy -- 9/17/2004 3:52:57 AM >

Post #: 57
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 10:01:39 PM   
TheHellPatrol

quote:

Short memory Mark? there was no communication that it would take over a week after origins to get the dd going , and then it was lots of poeple in the witp forum complaining about all the vat stuff , inability to order etc...

Days after origin, get real...
to me that is two days max... and if you knew you had to do all this with DR at once, why was it not set up in advance, all exceipt the actual files...
As a loyal customer your attitude and surprise amaze me, but then again there are those who lean towards funtionality and those that lean towards client/customer service...
I always thought MG was the later, but I guess I was in error and will adjust my expectation in the future.
@freeboy...I had the pleasure of talking with David Heath in length a couple weeks ago about the whole situation and believe me...it has been in the works for some time. I had problems getting my Witp backup disk and they are well aware of the holes in the system and have been working to improve it.

Henry David Thoreau

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 58
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 10:03:38 PM   
Hartford688

This is all a bit out of hand, no? Every time a launch is announced, everyone wants it out 6 minutes later. Yeah, I watch every evening to see if it is available, but for 99% of customers (not going on a rail trip) waiting a couple of days is surely not a calamity? We have been waiting for these games (WitP, BiN etc) for months and years, a couple more days is not the end.

Plus, a week or so is "some days".

Given the hiccups on DR, if I were Matrix I might be tempted to delay mentioning all is ready, but no big deal.

On the VAT point, I was one of the early big whiners, but all credit, it got fixed and properly. That was customer service and meeting expectation. Getting it right first time every time is fantastic. Getting it wrong but fixing it is excellent too.

Finally, $60, buy it if you want. If not, don't. I will. I got WitP too. HttR too. More money than sense maybe, but it is a call. Let's not go on about it.

Sorry about the rant, but another **** day at work, and this "problem" does not register on the Richter scale.

(in reply to freeboy)
Post #: 59
RE: ANY Clue - 9/16/2004 10:16:48 PM   
Montbrun

LOL - I am a small business owner, and in my opinion, Digital River should have been FIRED after the WitP download FIASCO...

< Message edited by Brad Hunter -- 9/16/2004 8:17:04 PM >

Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy >> RE: ANY Clue Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI