Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Jpn squadron based at allied base

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Jpn squadron based at allied base Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Jpn squadron based at allied base - 12/11/2004 7:05:38 PM   
cbclimber

I wish to report three issues and ask three questions. I'm using patch 1.3 on Windows XP.
It is scenario 15 using daily turns. I am playing the Japanese against an AI allied opponent. The turn date is 7/7/42.

Issues
1. One of the A6M2 Japanese fighter squadron somehow got "rebased" in allied occupied Pearl Harbor! (2406 F2 Tainan Batai attached to SE fleet) It is should be at Lunga. I don't have a screen shot because...I don't know how to do it. Give me instructions and I will post it here.

2. I can't land Japanese troops on Pinrang (31,67)

3. Yamamoto is missing...AWOL. He was based on Truk as commander of the combined fleet. He has not been within 500 miles of any allied forces. He has been missing since June.

Questions:

1. I have a sack full of A6M3 Zeros but my A6M2s will not upgrade??????
2. There are aircraft engines that don't belong to any aircraft...any explanaition?
3. Do leaders gain in ability with combat experience?

< Message edited by cbclimber -- 12/11/2004 9:19:23 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Jpn squadron based at allied base - 12/12/2004 7:25:28 PM   
PeteG662

In response to your questions.

1. Do you have "do not upgrade" toggled on? They will not upgrade if it is toggled otherwise they should upgrade normally.

2. Those aircraft engines should be changed early on in the production screen since there are no aircraft using them. I believe they are in there due to prewar setup. Change them to the more used engine types like the Mitsubishi, etc.

3. No answer for this one.

On your issues:

1. bug

2. check on the base screen and see if it is a base or airfield only. If an airfield only it is landlocked.

3. leader loss bug....if you have a save Pry is the person to send the turn before and turn following the leader change.

(in reply to cbclimber)
Post #: 2
RE: Jpn squadron based at allied base - 12/13/2004 12:23:08 AM   
cbclimber

Thanks Tallyman,

I read somewhere else in the forum that there will be one, possibly two additional patches. Hooray! WITP is a beast of a game and the work load in its development must have been huge (Domo). The irony, is that in a game like this with so many details it is going to have its problems, unfortunately the time that players must devote to it is very large. To make it worth its while, the game must be as bug free as possible. It seems Ive been playing WITP for ever and its only July 42. Overall this monster is incredible and I hope that the support continues for this product so it can be developed into the true classic it so deserves.

(in reply to PeteG662)
Post #: 3
RE: Jpn squadron based at allied base - 12/13/2004 8:39:26 PM   
rhohltjr

quote:

ORIGINAL: cbclimber

Issues
1. One of the A6M2 Japanese fighter squadron somehow got "rebased" in allied occupied Pearl Harbor!

Must be some tense moments at chow, and at the PX.

My e-troops don't unload OVER THE BEACH anymore, see:
Amphibious Assault at Kota Bharu
TF 85 troops securing a beachhead at Kota Bharu, 51,75
whew! I still feel better.

(in reply to cbclimber)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support >> Jpn squadron based at allied base Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI