Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Small Improvements

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Small Improvements Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Small Improvements - 2/21/2002 4:08:00 AM   
BP

Okay, I LOVE this game. It's great! That being said, there are some things that could be improved (next patch?):
*Name fields are too short. I wanted to name my first scout "SC01 Prometheus" and only got about half way there. Ditto for save file names.
*Game screen a bit too dark - can't see the detail on my ships. Many games have a "gamma correct" feature.
*When I start the game from the Matrix Games main screen I get a sound card error but the sound works fine (and is there any way to keep the music playing in the background without constantly spinning the hard drive?).
*Font is hard to read (I know Andrew has heard this one before).

Post #: 1
- 2/21/2002 5:15:00 AM   
nafari

i don't know about the rest, but i definitely agree with you on the thing about names...me, personally, i love to customize as many aspects of the games as i can and that includes the names for the starships. for the most part, one word names are good, but i think being able to name your ships without any kind of limits would be a very nice addition to the game. on a related topic, it would be nice to see the old races return to the game. i love the new renders of the races in sudg, but i like the diversified feel of the old aliens. sudg has basically a whole bunch of furry mammals of different colors. I would like to see the return of the avians and the robots. I think a diversity in the races would help to add a more intergalactic feel to the game. well, that my two cents...what do you think?

JJR Forever!

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 2
- 2/21/2002 4:08:00 PM   
madmax88

I think Andrew's already taken into consideration the user mods.
That would solve some of the previously mentioned "issues" with the game. *grin* patiently waiting to insert own graphics into the game ...

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 3
- 2/22/2002 1:27:00 AM   
BP

While I'm at it, I'd also love to:
*Be able to open right to the game without seeing the propaganda for Matrix or Apezone ( key won't end these things).
*Addition to the diplomacy popup that tells you (once you've discovered it) each player's home system.
*Visual differences between the various classes of ships.
*Return of the Avians, Robots, Treelops, etc.

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 4
- 2/22/2002 4:46:00 AM   
madmax88

To answer a few of bp's questions .
*This "propaganda" has always been part of the video game history. I remember playing with the genesis(mega drive) not being able to skip the sega logo... it's up to them i think.
*Homeworld, doesn't it already? I think by default the game selects the homeworld when hailing a race. But i could be wrong
*There are visual differences between the classes in sudg.
*With mods this question will be solved. You'll just update the pictures and change the names in the game.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 5
- 2/28/2002 5:51:00 AM   
BP

Another good suggestion: clear the diplomacy message board at the start of each new conversation. It can be confusing when a new message comes in and you open the diplomacy popup and it still has messages from the last race you were talking to.

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 6
- 2/28/2002 7:10:00 AM   
madmax88

Well it's useful when you wanna know what's been said in the previous hails.

- -mAdMAx

(in reply to BP)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Science Fiction] >> Starships Unlimited v3 >> Small Improvements Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI