Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Beach maps...One quick question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Beach maps...One quick question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Beach maps...One quick question - 4/25/2001 12:23:00 AM   
TotenkopfZZ

Is there a trick to getting the "make 1/2 the map beach" button to work? I want to use this option so we can use all the landing craft. Everytime I use it it just locks up the system and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of it. Is there a work around to get all the large landing ships etc? :confused:

Post #: 1
- 4/25/2001 6:12:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by TotenkopfZZ: Is there a trick to getting the "make 1/2 the map beach" button to work? I want to use this option so we can use all the landing craft. Everytime I use it it just locks up the system and I have to Ctrl-Alt-Del out of it. Is there a work around to get all the large landing ships etc? :confused:
What version of W@W are you using and on what sort of machine? It has worked fine for me since v1.0 all the way to the V4.3b that I run now. I have pretty average computer except the 192 meg of ram and 256 meg fixed swapfile which give me plenty of room to run the program in. thanks, John.

(in reply to TotenkopfZZ)
Post #: 2
- 4/25/2001 6:25:00 AM   
TotenkopfZZ

I have 800 mhz, 128 RAM, 32MB vid. SP:WAW 4.5 I have discovered since posting that it does work if I use the standard small, med, or large map size...but not if I try a custom size larger than the large map. Another aspect that I cant figure out is when the assault starts from water only, how can I get my Para's into the planes when everything is auto loaded before I start the deploy? Do I have to make sure there is a small strip of land so I can do it manually? Thanks.

Post #: 3
- 4/28/2001 12:38:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by TotenkopfZZ: I have 800 mhz, 128 RAM, 32MB vid. SP:WAW 4.5 I have discovered since posting that it does work if I use the standard small, med, or large map size...but not if I try a custom size larger than the large map. Another aspect that I cant figure out is when the assault starts from water only, how can I get my Para's into the planes when everything is auto loaded before I start the deploy? Do I have to make sure there is a small strip of land so I can do it manually? Thanks.
The way I did it was load the paras on the planes before changed the map to beach. I was doing a German drop on the Suda Bay area of Crete making the departure from history in that the troops did make it via the sea. I had the para assault part of the battle done and tested before I added the assault on the coast. Just don't decide to add more paras since they will show up in landing craft once you add the beach. thanks, John.

Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Beach maps...One quick question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI