Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

uninstall / reinstall advice please!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> uninstall / reinstall advice please! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
uninstall / reinstall advice please! - 9/9/2001 2:46:00 PM   
James P

To cure my two recurring problems: * The game crashing when setting up a PBEM game and entering a password
* Manually saving a solitaire game Can someone give me any advice on performing the best possible uninstall / reinstall of SPWaW? In the past when I’ve run the bundled uninstall program I’m still left with “bits” of the game lying around, like Start Menu items, and directories. I’m hoping to start with a totally clean system, so I can perform a clean install. In case it matters, my current install is made up of the version 4.0 complete, followed by each incremental patch up to level 6.1 + the Stereo Sound patch. For the reinstall, I’m currently downloading the 5.1complete file, to avoid endless patch application. Once 5.1 is installed, I plan to reboot, install ver 5.2, reboot, install ver 6.1, reboot. Is this the best route, and are there any tips out there? Thanks,

Cheers, JP
Post #: 1
- 9/9/2001 11:54:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

What OS are you using? Sounds like NT 4.0 SP6? The PBEM password bug is a problem with NT 4.0, the other may be also. SOme machines it works, some it doesn't... TRying to get the game to work on every version of windows on every hardware combination these days is just impossible...

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 2
- 9/10/2001 12:39:00 AM   
James P

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber:
What OS are you using?
Paul, I'm using Windows 98 Second Edition. James

Cheers, JP

(in reply to James P)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> uninstall / reinstall advice please! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI