RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/21/2006 1:28:03 AM)

RHS v4.07 partial for CVO-BBO-RPO-RAO + v.071 for EOS posted

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ikvxv0

Cobra Aus

Nemo121 -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/21/2006 2:25:56 AM)

Sorry to be a pain but if interested in playing, for example, the RSEOS scenario with all the latest updates do I have to download 4.07+ the latest partial update + the stuff listed at http://witp.tylerroguedesigns.com/images/elcidagain/rhsmod/rhs.htm or is there more also?

Mifune -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/21/2006 6:36:13 AM)

Rogue has not updated his site in a while, though the installation instuctions are valid. All the current updates are listed on this thread. Make sure that besides 4.071 files you have the PWHEX and there are some map panel updates as well.

el cid again -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/21/2006 6:43:08 AM)

If you ever got any RHS scenario to run, just downloading the files for a different one should be sufficient.

Updates to PWhex.dat are scenario independent - they work in the middle of a game - no matter when you want them. I also play CHS using the RHS map and PWhex.dat file. At this point pwhex is just getting rid of errors or reinterpreting hex sides in a way someone thinks is better. Cobra is reviewing many of these using a new utility. At this time all RHS scenarios use the SAME art set. [Someday RHSEOS may use different plane files - as an option. The regular planes are quite good enough. Mostly you get a Kate pretending to be a Kate - just a different kind of Kate - etc. But there is a low priority plan to get this - when Cobra has time.

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/21/2006 1:01:15 PM)

RHS v4.072 for all scenarios posted

changes
The process of reviewing the air group file caused me to note some Allied air units that used to appear in the Mideast - but cannot - since Andrew did away with Mideast. So this file is a slightly different version than the rest of the file set - with these late war US units visible. The next transmission will be the air group files for all the other scenarios to correct this eratta - if you care. It is not critical IMHO.

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/biqmck

Cobra Aus

Nemo121 -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/21/2006 9:21:33 PM)

Is PWHEX 4.05 listed on the last page the latest version?

aztez -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/21/2006 9:52:55 PM)

I think that is the latest PWHEX file or at least I'am using it too [:D]

witpqs -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/21/2006 10:00:14 PM)

CobraAus,

Any idea where I can get these files that have expired on the distribution server?

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

also posted rail art fixes for map panels digital 000 - 001

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mgvs7j

Cobra Aus

"This file is no longer available."

Is it available somewhere else?

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/22/2006 12:26:10 AM)

quote:

Any idea where I can get these files that have expired on the distribution server?

I am re sending the latest map pak to day will post link later

Cobra Aus

non hex pak-1 link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3aplwn

hex panels
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5lecz7

RHS PWHEX file v4.05

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vio8oo

Cobra Aus

el cid again -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/22/2006 12:04:51 PM)

Pwhex 4.05 was the latest. I am now uploading pwhex 4.07.

Note that pwhex.dat is NOT related to the version of the file you run.
Indeed, you can use ANY pwhex.dat file at any time. The reason to use an RHS pwhex file with RHS maps is because you want the art to match
up with what happens in fact. But you could use Andrew's pwhex file - any version for an extended map - and it would work pretty well. There are only a few places the roads would look different - and it looks to me like all pwhex files have errors of that sort somewhere - we just don't know where that somewhere is? Now people are looking at the map hex by hex with data microscopes - we are fixing these errors in many cases.
The point is, you can update pwhex at any time - and you don't need to update it either - it is not critical which version you run.

pwhex.dat 4.07 has only ONE change from 4.05: a hex/port in China north of Hainan island (Xuwan) is redefined as coastal instead of land - because ships cannot go through - or into - a land hex!

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/22/2006 1:59:32 PM)

RHS PWHEX v4.07 posted

changes

The ONLY difference between this and 4.05 is a single hex in coastal China is defined as coastal intead of land - it was found you could not sail to the port of Xuwan - or between Hainan and the mainland - because of it!

I also found that the change showed up clearly during games in progress. We have the option to change pwhex files DURING a game - and thus "bomb out" bridges - "upgrade" rail lines - etc. It is not clear to me that the ART upgrades - but the actual working code does for sure.

You can safely install any new pwhex file and not hurt anything in any game, old or new. The only thing is, RHS pwhex files need to work with an extended map - or things look very wrong (cities at sea, etc)

Sid

downlowd link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3ppvf9

Cobra Aus

witpqs -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/22/2006 9:22:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

I am re sending the latest map pak to day will post link later

Cobra Aus

Thanks!

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/23/2006 4:22:03 AM)

RHS v4.08 errata upgrade posted

changes

This includes new base forces at

Long Beach and Tacoma

Changes USAAF base forces to use the US 37mm gun instead of a Soviet one (in cases where they didn't use 40mm) - and sometimes adds a formation pointer to these units

Changes VBF-74 to USS Midway from San Diego

Changes 49th Persuit squadron to use P-43s and it only upgrades to P-38s - which are not yet in service when the game begins

Corrects the appearance of RAF base forces to be Aden instead of the desert (formerly Mideast). They DO march to Aden - not a terrible problem - but still...

Corrects some supply allocations inside some units, particularly when this was zero.

Sid
I should also have said that bases in Canada were assigned to Western Command - except Whitehorse - which was assigned to Alaska Command.

Sid

Download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/4ji4kf

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/24/2006 12:43:31 AM)

RHS CAM0xx.dat files for all scenarios posted

changes Sid sent these out today

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uzz0l8

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/25/2006 8:52:55 AM)

RHS v4.1 for all scenarios posted

changes

This update:

a) Adds the photo recon version of the B-24, and associated units.

b) Corrects some errors in USN/USMC air units.

c) Eliminates most aircraft pools for planes not starting the game - those planes are available for unscrupulous players to use!

d) Corrects a few supply sinks to be completely support neutral - those few with air support for civil aircraft were not quite neutral.

e) Corrects a few identified eratta - mistyped designations - etc.

f) Converts the first 24 squadrons of RAAF to RHS name format (service designation in front).

It may not seem like it, but the aircraft pool thing probably is significant. Many players will not realize they should not use planes in the pools - and I didn't realize when I created them that "availability date" does not mean that! What exceptions remain are intentional - for some historical reason (like Ki-44s that get used in a small unit).

Sid

Download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zk91ct

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/25/2006 9:26:34 AM)

RHS v4.11 Location dat files for all scenarios posted

changes

I forgot a promise to review the economy of Thailand - which was allegedly understated.
I found some justification for this view. [The country could, after all, afford a Navy and
air force of some cost].

I also corrected a problem with oil out of Anchorage to Whittier - the opposite of its real
direction (Whittier is a hole in a rock wall used ONLY to land oil for Anchorage!)

I also corrected the port size of Vizzapatnam (sp?) India - a major shipyard location found
only in RHS.

I corrected the fuel storage at a few Allied ports - notably Guam (which just unloaded 7000 tons but had a few hundred?) - Cebu and Tacloban.

I corrected the port size for Olongapo - a major US naval base at the time.

I enlarged the port size of Manila - one of the great ports of the world - for which there is no justification for rating it as a 7.

Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a05lju

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/26/2006 12:21:02 AM)

RHS v4.12 for all scenarios + v4.12 PWHEX file posted

Cobra Aus

changes
PWHEX
This file should only be used with RHS 4.12 or later files - or your Dutchmen at sea will not be able to "walk on water" to get back to land!

The town of Sinkuliwang is connected by trail to both adjacent land hexes - E and SE - although Cobra's art does not seem to show it. Probably the trail was just over the hex edge at one point in time. Anyway - there really are secondary roads in both directions - it is logical when you look at the map you might want to go either direction - and you can.

I moved Pontianak "back onto the land" a few versions ago - this just cleans that up. Some rivers seem to have been misdefined in CHS - and we fixed that too - in this immediate area.
Most of the issue may be differences between Cobra's art and Andrew's art - but Andrew does say it is right on the edge of the hex. Since we show no land in the all sea hex to the NE of Pontianak I don't want a port symbol there to confuse people. The present RHS version corresponds well with the real map of the area.

Sid

Scenarious

here is the base force in the Java Sea - seems wrong - because I changed a hex definition to match art.

There is a new plane - PV-2 Harpoon - and squadrons using it needed looking at - to correct the upgrade path.

There is nothing else - and won't be unless some other Dutchmen need to be rescued - until well after I return to Alaska in August.

Note we have learned the cam file is vital - and without it the status of active Russians, political points and pilots will not be right. You need a cam file with the same suffex as the scenario - in this case cam060

download link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/oqsrmh

Skyros -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/27/2006 4:36:03 AM)

I have been away on vacation and not following this very closely. If I down load the RHS 4.12 Scenarios & PWHEx and the maps do I have what I need to Play?

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/27/2006 6:03:03 AM)

quote:

I have what I need to Play?

you also need to go to Rouges site and RHS page download the starter pak - read install instructions - do the install - note since the starter pak was dne the new digital maps have been done they are now the uptodate maps to use -will also work for CHS

if you need help yell or contact Mifune whois in a support roll

Cobra Aus

WITPgamer -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/29/2006 12:59:42 AM)

Cobra and crew, from what Ive read it looks like you and previous folks are putting a lot of work into this, it looks very interesting and thank you for your time!

If its not too much trouble, could someone write up a quickstart guide for the complete newcomer on how to install this mod to we can have a play around with it? I have found rogues guide, which helps a lot, but as I understand it there are more files that I need than just those such as the ones mentioned a couple of posts above? Which order should I install it all in?

Thanks again!

el cid again -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (7/31/2006 5:57:39 AM)

You should be using RHS 4.1 something. 4.13 is released. 4.14 will release whenever I get the equipment to upload. But 4.10, 4.11 and 4.12 are all quite tolerable - the differences are eratta. That is why the jump from 4.0 something to 4.1 something. To say "this is sigificantly better."

All you need is

1) WITP at 1.6 or 1.8

2) RHS art in the art folder

3) the right pwhex.dat in the top level folder (which one is right depends on what you want? either the RHS one or CHS extended map one)

4) the right maps in the map forlder (4 choices I know of - the CHS extended map - the similar RHS map - the RHS satellite map and the soft toned version of the latter)
ANY map compatable with Andrew Brown's Extended Map should work. However, ONLY RHS maps have the indicators where resources are, the extensive river navigation system and the extensive ferry system. Also, we changed the railroads to resolve problems in India, Alaska, Indonesia and China. Andrew adopted some but not all of these changes. Note that the locations for RHS will REMAIN the same NO MATTER the map you pick - a different file controls this. So you will get the added cities/locations of RHS regardless of what map you use. But the pw hex file controls the ferries, rail lines, etc. - so that changes. Particularly note you SHOULD use the pwhex file for a given map - but do not have to - and if you do not what I said about ferries, rivers, changes - they will work but not be in sync with map art.

5) scenario files - including cam00.dat where 00 equals scenario file number.

WITPgamer -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/2/2006 11:49:17 PM)

Thanks El Cid, thats exactly what I needed to know and its very much appreciated!  Ive been looking for 4.14 butI dont think its available yet...just wanted to check though?

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/3/2006 2:11:30 AM)

RHS v4.14 for all senarios + manual posted

The change details are:

Primo: Chinese army 100% reworked for planning locations.

Secundo: USS Cabot as CVL renamed USS Wilmington - her original name. She appears as a CVL in RHSCVO, RHSRAO and RHSEOS. She appears as a CL in RHSBBO, RHSRPO and RHSPPO. She gets an air group when she appears. An Essex CV has the name USS Cabot in RHS - because the second USS Lexington was originally USS Cabot.

Tirtiario: PB2Y-3 Coronado has its range and payload inceased. This was done before - but somehow it "disappeared."

Fourth: Australian Army tank battalions reworked: 1st has its tanks moved so they will only disappear by attrition - not by replacement by better tanks. 2nd and 3rd point at the proper formation so the tanks appear sometime (vice never).

Fifth: A number of obscure eratta corrected. Command assignments, supply points in a unit, units with inactive devices because the device number had an extra digit, etc.

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/j6cee4

Cobra Aus

el cid again -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/3/2006 3:50:47 AM)

Version 4.14 involves a lot of work on Chinese units planning targets.
These were 95% wrong. AI may behave better with these rational
assignments. This is not an RHS issue per se, because we did not put those targets in the data set in most cases - but we are happy to fix
any problem once identified (even if the typing to do so is painful - had to be done six times!)

Other changes are eratta:

A) Coronado range extended (again)
B) USS Cablot (CVL) renamed USS Wilmington (original name)
C) Australian Tank units formation pointers revised.
D) Other minor eratta included.

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/7/2006 12:23:25 AM)

RHS v4.15 for all scenarios + PWHEX posted

changes

a) Philippine army planning and destinations revised.
b) 5 scenarios get Japanese names for naval units:

Koku Kantai & Koku Sentai

c) A ship definition and a ship file header eratta fixed.

d) A US base force loses its JS Tanks!!!

e) Alaska class art pointer fixed.

Sid

link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/x19oex

Cobra Aus

Yakface -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/7/2006 10:44:57 AM)

Hi - New to WITP.  I see the description of how to use it above, but ould you tell me what this download does pls (raed some of the notes to earlier files but just want a general overview eg improves AI adds units etc)?

Mifune -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/7/2006 10:55:01 AM)

I know starting with RHS 4.14 the "manual" listed is the RHS Handbook which provides 28 pages of information of the many concepts employed by RHS. If you want you can send me your e-mail I can also send you the RHS Handbook directly.

Yakface -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/7/2006 11:13:48 AM)

email address sent

Mifune -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/7/2006 11:38:18 AM)

RHS Handbook sent

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/15/2006 3:14:08 AM)

RHS v4.2 for all scenarios + modselect bat posted

changes
This revision includes a (painfully) extensive revision of Allied land units,
particularly in China - mainly to correct errors in listing small AT guns,
adding machine guns for Chinese units, etc. Chinese "corps" are removed
in favor of Field Armies or Group Armies - except Cavalry Corps are
renamed divisions (all of which is historical). Chinese Group Army HQ are
removed, but their leaders assigned to the appropriate Field Army or Group Army
units (not HQ), and two Red Army HQ added. Several puppet regime units were added
as static garrisons at Peking, Nanking and Kalgan (named Provisional, Reformed and
Mongol respectively). Two Manchu units added: The Nakano Brigade and the Imperial Guard Regiment (battalion) - a cavalry unit. These two units are not static - unlike most Manchu units. The Nakano Brigade is White Russian. US, Indian, Australian, British and New Zealand units should all have the right AT weapons - including reinforcements.

EOS (only) adds the Me-264 - for which art exists - but is no yet issued. Art is also done for the recon version of Kate. An EOS ART set will be issued shortly - meanwhile we use the nearest art. This will mean that RHSEOS uses different art than other RHS scenarios - and it may be a mod select utility will deal with that in due course. Right now it does not matter - there is only one RHS art set - but once we issue a special one - it will mean you must choose which to use. A new regular RHS art set will come out with the recon version of PB4Y (B-24) in it (instead of regular PB4Y art).

Otherwise Hiryu and Soryu are less sisters now - different ranges and fuel capacity. Junyo and some battleships have the same speed when they upgrade. G8 and Ki-91 have corrected maneuverability values. G3 has its art pointer fixed. And a similar collection of eratta I cannot remember are incorporated. Astoria no longer has two entries for resources.

Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/fzdlw9

Cobra Aus

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI