RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/16/2006 6:08:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CobraAus

non hex pak-1 link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3aplwn

hex panels
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5lecz7

RHS PWHEX file v4.05

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vio8oo

These are no longer available?

O.

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/17/2006 2:41:17 AM)

PWHEX v4.15 is the latest and should still be there I will check
which map panels are you after I will re sent to Host

Cobra Aus

PS RHS needs a home to host file full time instead of a temp host I think now we have lost RougeUMSC site for updates and its to big for Spookie

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/17/2006 3:07:45 AM)

RHS v4.22 micro update for all scenarios posted
RHS v4.15 PWHEX posted

Changes
These files update 4.21 to 4.22 level.

Purely eratta, the worst one is removal of a duplicate unit. Also a Japanese AR is date corrected. And two artillery companies have formation field corrected.

All six mods aircraft data file is attached. This ONLY corrects an art pointer to use an art panel I didn't realize we had. ALL other files remain the same as 4.20.

Sid

4.22 link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/b3f0lk

4.15 pwhex link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/an04az

Cobra Aus

akdreemer -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/17/2006 8:53:15 AM)

quote:

PWHEX v4.15 is the latest and should still be there I will check
which map panels are you after I will re sent to Host

Cobra Aus

PS RHS needs a home to host file full time instead of a temp host I think now we have lost RougeUMSC site for updates and its to big for Spookie

My website is available....

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/17/2006 9:07:24 AM)

quote:

thanks for the offer will keep in mind - Mifune is attempting to set up seperate box by the weekend that the RHS team can control - will let you know how we go
but there is nothing stopping us hosting on your site as well - how much can you host and whats the best way to get files to you - to big for mail

Cobra Aus

akdreemer -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/17/2006 10:16:51 AM)

quote:

quote:

thanks for the offer will keep in mind - Mifune is attempting to set up seperate box by the weekend that the RHS team can control - will let you know how we go
but there is nothing stopping us hosting on your site as well - how much can you host and whats the best way to get files to you - to big for mail

Cobra Aus

I can set you up your own doamin and let you have at least 500megs of space?? This way you can maintain it yourself. The other option would be to anonymous FTP the files to:
ftp://ftp.akdreemer.com/incoming
and I will post them on my website for you....

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/17/2006 2:45:26 PM)

quote:

I can set you up your own doamin and let you have at least 500megs of space??

An offer I cant refuse thats very generous please set up the Domain and send access details

Cobra Aus

akdreemer -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/18/2006 2:28:23 AM)

quote:

quote:

I can set you up your own doamin and let you have at least 500megs of space??

An offer I cant refuse thats very generous please set up the Domain and send access details

Cobra Aus

Mifune has contacted me and we are working on using my site as a mirror, much like Andrew does now for CHS. Lets wait and see what he is able to work out this weekend. I previously set up a sub-domain as rhs.akdreemer.com.

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/18/2006 7:03:00 AM)

ok

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/18/2006 10:43:36 AM)

RHS v4.23 midro update all scenarios posted

changes
This single file (per scenario) updates the 4.2 set to 4.23 level. It is purely eratta. It makes Korps Insulinde an airborne unit, makes Japanese EABs have a better kind of engineers for their purpose, adds Santa Barbara, and redefines Palembang and a few other points to help AI understand them better.

There will be a new pwhex file in a few hours - this will correspond to a new map - designed to help the AI in Japan re oil and resources. It is also more correct - distinguishing between rail main line and secondary lines. It will work with any maps - but a new map should follow soon. The outlieing islands rail is all road. Aomori is main line, but Ominato is secondary line. The east side rail line via Sendai is also secondary.

Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/uwdruk

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/18/2006 11:35:52 PM)

RHS v4.23 Pwhex posted

changes
This file changes the railroads in Japan. ALL rail hexes on secondary islands (Kyushu, Shikoku, Hokkaido and Sakhalin) and SOME rail hexes on the big island (Honshu) are changed to roads. In addition, at the top of Honshu, Aomori is changed from road to rail while Ominato (which will be renamed Mutsu some day) is changed from rail to road. The rail line down the East side of Honshu through Hitachi and Niigata is now road. And tiny little rail lines on penninsulas are now roads.

In Andrew Brown map code, "road" means "secondary rail line" and/or "primary road." Rail means "primary rail line" and/or "major trunk highway." Further, "trail" mostly means "isolated secondary road" and/or "very limited capacity narrow gage railroad."

This pwhex file MAY be used right now with ongoing or future games. However, the changes will NOT be apparent on the map. I have no problem understanding that the secondary lines are where they are - but I have memorized the map of Japan and I made the changes - so it is easier for me perhaps is normal. If you just think "secondary islands and the east coast route are secondary" it is good enough for most purposes. Cobra will release updated map art when he gets a chance.

These changes - aside from being more correct - will help the AI with routing of oil and resources (that is, limit its tendency to saturate Osaka and denude other locations).
If you play Japan as a human player, unload oil on any secondary island or port on Honshu not on a primary line - particularly if it is not already full of oil - and it will "leak" to Osaka more slowly. It appears that while oil and resources DO move "instantaneously" (in 12 hour phases) to points AI needs them, they do so less often over roads than over rail lines. This is apparent from gross data generated running the game into mid war under AI control.

I am running a test to see if I can force AI to move more oil, resources, fuel and supply out of United States (Salt Lake City in RHS)? If it succeeds longer term, I will implement it. Right now this location (and Colon Panama) saturate. Players can send ships to Panama (AI almost does not) - but they cannot send them to United States. We might also create a rail line from "Salt Lake City" to "New Orleans" and let players get the supplies there - but that is a more radical solution - and I prefer forcing AI to empty United States - if I can.

Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/5orxu2

RHS digital map changes - Japanese rail and road changes to go with the PWHEX file

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ktvp3y

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/19/2006 1:50:38 AM)

RHS V4.24 micro update all scenarios posted

changes

This file - for all RHS scenarios - only modifies economics in the USA - and renames Ominato to Mutsu.

The economic test indicates that we can force United States to supply more. I removed "secret supply" from US coastal cities (except San Diego - which is on the map edge)
and modified US and Canadian economic assets so they produce, and are subject to bombing and capture - but work properly. Canada in particular has more industry at Vancouver and Victoria. Santa Barbara is gone - it prevents collecting shippable supplies at Los Angelus.

Note Cobra has issued a further modified map art set - which corrects the name of Ominato to Mutsu - makes the rail art road art in that hex - and adds missing economic markers to RHS standards.

Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0aoqd7

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/19/2006 2:20:25 AM)

another Sid requested change to Japanes art on the digtal map

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/f6bb5p

Cobra Aus

Yakface -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/19/2006 6:06:22 AM)

Downloaded 4.2 - do I need 4.21, 22, 23 and 24 or is it enough to download just 4.24 now?

el cid again -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/19/2006 6:28:55 AM)

You need 4.20 for the 4.2 file set.

4.21 upgrades a single art pointer for an Allied plane and is optional.

4.22 upgrades ship and location files and is a good idea.

4.23 is out of date.

4.24 is just the location file - replacing 4.23 - and is also a good idea. But it isn't critical - it is best for AI games. It does give you a Dutch airborne unit able to drop.

The critical thing no matter the version is the new PWHex file - it makes Japan economics work better! Map art is also available for it now.

Ol_Dog -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/19/2006 7:35:40 PM)

I have downloaded the changes to the digital maps, but now have a dotted white line running from hex 36,58 to hex 71,58.

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/20/2006 12:40:21 AM)

quote:

but now have a dotted white line running from hex 36,58 to hex 71,58.

thats the Equator line

Cobra Aus

Accipiter -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/20/2006 8:13:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oleg Mastruko

quote:

non hex pak-1 link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/3aplwn

hex panels
http://www.sendspace.com/file/5lecz7

RHS PWHEX file v4.05

http://www.sendspace.com/file/vio8oo

These are no longer available?

O.

Are the 2 files non hex pak-1 and hex panels still needed? I can not find a working link for those files?

Also is this file from post#1 still needed?

quote:

RHS updated Air art (sides and tops) Anson included
LINK
http://rapidshare.de/files/20956209/RHS_plane_tops-sides-avro_anson_added.zip.html

Accipiter -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/20/2006 8:24:52 PM)

This is make sure I understand complete the installation procedure.

1. Follow the instructions as per RogueUSMC's homepage for the base files
2. Apply the critical updates on RogueUSMC's homepage (from scenario link)
3. Install RHS updated Air art (sides and tops) Anson included (from post #1)
4. Install non hex pak-1 and hex panels (when I can find a download link)
5. Install RHS digital map changes - Japanese rail and road changes (post # 131)
6. Install another Sid requested change to Japanes art on the digtal map (post# 133)
7. Install PWHex and scenarios v4.2
8. Install PWHex and scenarios V4.22
9. Install PWHex and scenarios V4.24

Am I missing anything or messing something up?

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/21/2006 5:34:55 AM)

Hi guys and gals we are about half way in setting up Web site to permantly hold all RHS files
for download so any new comers please wait a bit all files will be avvailable with new intructions on how to set up
updates to scenarios will still be done via Send space at this stage until the process
for the new site is worked out

Cobra Aus

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/21/2006 3:53:38 PM)

Cobra why did you use so many different fonts for your RHS map?

Oleg

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/22/2006 1:40:02 AM)

RHS v4.30 update for all scenarios

changes

This is an unusually comprehensive file set - only the pilot file didn't change.
It involves a good deal of minor eratta plus some significant things:

the version jump to 4.3 is because of a change in nation coding - nation codes are used as modifiers to affect unit performance in combat - so a Philippine Scouts unit rated as US Army isn't the dame as a Philippine Army unit rated as Philippine - and some other units are now rated as Philippine as well (e.g. some Dutch colonial formations). Same for Chinese ratings - Indian ratings - etc.

The RTAF has converted over to using historical aircraft - part of the package deal we got when we learned that nation assignments are slot determined rather than hard coded
Two kinds of Hawk, an early Corsair biplane observation/attack plane, and the B-10 are added in Thai only slots - plus the same Corsair is added for China air forces. The Imperial Manchukuo Air Force (and the para military Manchurian Air Lines Inc MKKK) are added as well. Plus - only in EOS - there is a tiny one unit Indian National Air Force.

I rebuilt the Dutch Korps Insulinde on top of a US airborne battalion - in the hope it will yet learn to fly - instead of fixing fields I modified fields in a whole, working unit. A Thai gunboat upguns to 8 inch - it really was the wrong class - one line off. A Soviet air unit changes its type back one to Yak-1. Three other Soviet Air Units start with one Airacobra and upgrade to another - so an unused type is actually used. The classes of Japanese submarines have weapons field corrections. Stuff like that.

Sid

Download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/bfnc3b

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/22/2006 1:47:35 AM)

quote:

Cobra why did you use so many different fonts for your RHS map?

Came through the evolution ofthe map - I have allways tried to maintain SubChasers fonts
but when Andrew did his v6 map update he used a new grey font - whne I did RHS map I went back and replaced the all the titles I had with Subchasers font but there were a number of new locations and we have no idea of the font that Subchaser used and can't find anthing close so I had use another - the font size is also problem can only use 8 point or smaller

If we could find SubChasers font I would redo the lot

Cobra Aus

Oleg Mastruko -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/22/2006 6:29:40 AM)

quote:

Came through the evolution ofthe map - I have allways tried to maintain SubChasers fonts
but when Andrew did his v6 map update he used a new grey font - whne I did RHS map I went back and replaced the all the titles I had with Subchasers font but there were a number of new locations and we have no idea of the font that Subchaser used and can't find anthing close so I had use another - the font size is also problem can only use 8 point or smaller

Well why wouldn't you use *any* font, as long as it's one standardized font for the whole map, instead of mixture of 3-4 fonts you have now. Anyhow, just a suggestion.

And while I am at it.... [;)]

- I'd suggest using sans serif font (like Arial) - it's much more readable on very busy map, such as your RHS map (original Sub Chasers map wasn't nearly as "busy" as yours so he could have gotten away with using slightly serifed font)

- I'd also suggest you don't name every little base on the map. It's unnecessary, as the base name is easily visible by moving a mouse cursor over a base, so in most cases having so many names on the map itself is redundant and distracting. Apart from some small marginal bases, some huge bases are too obvious to be named - is there any WITP player that does not know where is Manila or Hong Kong? I mean if the area is full of symbols, isnalds and whatnot, why not make it clearer by omitting placenames even for huge bases?

In short, I'd suggest getting rid of at least 50% placenames on the map, perhaps even more.

- Do you have placenames stored as separate graphical layer? That way, it's easy to change fonts etc. without having to redo all the map.

Oleg

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/22/2006 8:19:28 AM)

quote:

Do you have placenames stored as separate graphical layer? That way, it's easy to change fonts etc. without having to redo all the map.

Yes I do and yes its allready been discussed to remove base names at the moment its finding the time

cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/22/2006 1:19:27 PM)

RHS v4.31 update for all scenaios (note 3 files each scenario in single zip file)

Changes
This is substantially 4.30 with revised aircraft art pointers for the new RHS air art set.
IF you use this file version you should also use the new plane art. This art puts
4 planes in RTAF colors and 1 in ROC colors. Old planes, at least they start the game.
Only one plane type (V-92C Corsair) is new to the game - the others already existed.

There is a tiny bit of eratta. I found a Russian cavalry division inland (not at any city) - so I gave it a cavalry symbol (an undocumented WITP feature which Matrix told Andrew and I about). I also revised two planes engine assignments - in EOS only. The Me-264 is the only plane to use the Mansyu engine at present. And the Ki-91 is the only plane to use the Toyoda engine. The engines are a set covering all wartime Japanese engine production - and different choices of what model planes to produce might result in other combinations. But it is good simulation that a weird plane like the Me-264 - or a high performance plane like the Ki-91 - would have unique engines. Since both planes require 4 engines, their cost is maximized in this system - also good simulation.

Because of the changes in art pointers, the aircraft file is included. [It includes the engine change for EOS only]. Because of the change in cavalry symbol, the location file is included. Just put these files on top of the 4.30 file set in the SCEN folder - and install the new plane art in the ART folder - to get RHS 4.31.

I have asked for a special EOS only plane art set - but it does not yet exist.

Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/2k10do

additional download Allied air panels sides top for the 4.31 update

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/egrpt3

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (8/29/2006 1:30:16 AM)

RHS v4.32 update for all scenarios + new PWHEX file Posted

changes PWHEX

This pwhex file is based on a review of the Philippines and Japan for coastal hexes.
The RHS pwhex file seems to be pretty good. However, there were one or two issues -
this is as much an art as a science - and I came up with a new technical interpretation
for some hex sides and terrain types. I "opened up" the inland sea a bit more - it is
isolated now by land and blocked hex sides so you must move realistically - and added still
another coastal hex to Shikoku - so pwhex and map art agree with each other. [Why have
land on the map and not be able to use it?] The other thing is I decided to call some islands
"atol" which are not really atols - because of the way code works. It is realistic for these places with limited access for facilities to be restricted in how much can be there.

Sid

Scenario changes

This is a micro update which includes a number of trivial eratta I have been collecting
PLUS an attempt to reduce the effectiveness of supply sinks as combat units. They
DO destroy resources as intended when they die. However, the larger sinks pose
a major problem for assaulting forces.

Now everything in game modding involves compromise. Except for two cases where error was found, this is simply a different set of compromises. The special cases are

New Caledonia: Resources were spread out more to the North. The size of the supply sink at Noumea itself is reduced - and a new one is created at Koumac. At that location there is no combat unit at all (unless the Allies put one there!). It more or less spreads out the problem. Also, some of the supplies produced on New Caledonia are no longer eaten - because it produces food.

Kuala Lumpur: Apparently an error - or something I have not figured out again - the size of the sink - an experimental one meant to suck supplies from several points - seems too big.
So it is reduced accordingly.

Otherwise, I renamed the "coolie squad" a "labor squad" and reduced its firepower to zero. I reduced the field hand squad firepower from 3 to 1. To the extent firepower matters, this should help.

Also, in certain cases (e.g. Palembang, Taboali, Asanol) I reduced the size of the resource center itself, and the corresponding supply sinks can be smaller.

Sid

download link Scenario + pwhex

http://www.sendspace.com/file/jqxhwh

PWHEX only

http://www.sendspace.com/file/hwldpr

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (9/6/2006 4:13:21 AM)

RHS v4.40 update for all scenarios posted on both SendSpace and RHS Web Site

changes
This revision mainly revises support units in general, and supply sinks
in particular, to have less combat value.

It also involves some eratta and art pointers - including a NEW set of pointers for RHSEOS - which has its OWN plane art from this version.

There are two new squadrons in RNZAF - 40 and 41 - transports.

The formations for US Army and USMC divisions are changed - and all starting units as well. Same for US Army Regiments. Reinforcements are not updated - but will tend to update automatically. This is on my list for later work.

Many supply depots created or expanded to help AI - now that I understand what it wants where - on both sides.

Some minor unit work on Allied side - base forces and special units are more correct.

Vast numbers of pointers repointed.

Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/alzw9f

Cobra Aus

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (9/7/2006 2:33:28 AM)

RHS v4.41 micro update posted and is available on RHS web site

changes
This file set includes

1) The camera files (for USMC pilot upgrades)
2) The aircraft file for EOS ONLY - updating art pointers for 2 planes)
3) The location files - updating Chinese and US land units

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/9ga42w

Cobra

CobraAus -> RE: Cobra Aus RapidShare link page (9/12/2006 7:15:16 AM)

RHS v4.42 update for all scenarios posted on Senddata and avail at RHS web site

changes
This is a vast revision attempting to make 4.40 what it was planned to be.
Most of the changes are eratta. Details are posted on the 4.40 thread of the Matrix Forum.

This is suitable for some tests to see how things are working with the new devices and corrected eratta? What is NOT present is major changes to aircraft ranges or maneuverability. However, aircraft eratta
are fixed, and the bomb loads of Coronado, B-17, B-24 and B-29 are increased.

Sid

download link

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e4e31e

Cobr Aus

Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI