RE: RHS update plans and ETAs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

el cid again -> RE: RHS update plans and ETAs (3/29/2007 6:49:09 AM)

With ships they appear at various points - picked by AI. I inherited this - and I have slowly been assigning locations - for ships. I think land units appear at the default location - just one - but it varies with the nation. San Francisco for the US, Krasniarsk for USSR, etc. But I will run a test.

Herrbear -> RE: RHS update plans and ETAs (3/29/2007 9:04:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

With ships they appear at various points - picked by AI. I inherited this - and I have slowly been assigning locations - for ships. I think land units appear at the default location - just one - but it varies with the nation. San Francisco for the US, Krasniarsk for USSR, etc. But I will run a test.

It appears that you are correct. When you check reinforcements in the game they show at the default location (San Francisco for US). Sorry about the panic.

el cid again -> RE: RHS Levels 5 and 6 mini updates x.667 uploaded (3/29/2007 7:29:08 PM)

This attempts to address the TF issue described above. It adds some minor vessels - French colonial sloops and US LSTs - adds a French support unit at Tahiti - redefines supplies/fuel for Tahiti - redefines a Dutch naval infantry unit.

drw61 -> RE: RHS Levels 5 and 6 mini updates x.667 uploaded (4/6/2007 6:32:10 AM)

Here are a couple of errata problems for the next update.

Using 6.66 RHS

Ship slot 444 (LST Late US) has slots 3 and 7 facing the right side, should be left side.  The ship slots using slot 444 will need to be updated.

The following ships need to have their weapon devices reset to match their ship class.   Ships in slots 771 – 773, 777-779, 812 – 814, 9865 – 9873, 9877, and 9880 – 9882

The P40E has a 50 gal drop tank but at the start of the game all units using the P40E have the drop tank but it has a number of 0.  Is this intentional to simulate early war range?

Thanks for a great mod!

el cid again -> RE: RHS Levels 5 and 6 mini updates x.667 uploaded (4/6/2007 6:42:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: drw61

Here are a couple of errata problems for the next update.

Using 6.66 RHS

Ship slot 444 (LST Late US) has slots 3 and 7 facing the right side, should be left side.  The ship slots using slot 444 will need to be updated.

REPLY: You are correct - but it reminds me of a USN trick. Sometimes we would mount all the light guns on one side - and in battle in Viet Nam we had mounts for all our MG on each side. We could literally run across the ship as it turned to mount them on the reverse. Once - a VC regiment pushed a US unit onto the beach - and it had the high ground with cover. We were flagship Naval Gunfire Support I Corps, and had no available ships to send, so we went in. In spite of having two 5 inch machine guns (yep) both of which were working (rare), we went in so close that even the .30s could bear - and we mounted all HMG and MMG on one side - then the other as we swept the ridge with everything we had (turning to return over the same course). We went in as close as the sonar would permit. It destroyed the VC unit as a fighting force.

The following ships need to have their weapon devices reset to match their ship class.   Ships in slots 771 – 773, 777-779, 812 – 814, 9865 – 9873, 9877, and 9880 – 9882

REPLY: Something is wrong with your file set. This is not an issue at source.

The P40E has a 50 gal drop tank but at the start of the game all units using the P40E have the drop tank but it has a number of 0.  Is this intentional to simulate early war range?

REPLY: No. Not sure how that happened? Seems incorrect - and it is not intentional. I think it means no drop tank.

Thanks for a great mod!

drw61 -> RE: RHS Levels 5 and 6 mini updates x.667 uploaded (4/6/2007 3:33:17 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: drw61

REPLY: Something is wrong with your file set. This is not an issue at source.

This is weird, I just downloaded 6.66 EOS again and installed. I still see the problem. I used the down load from http://rhs.akdreemer.com/RHS%20Scenarios/

This is the example that got me looking at theses:
Using Editor X if I choose slot 9870 Coo/533rd EBS Rgt the ship class is 366 LCVP but it has no weapons. If I reselect the ship class to 366 LCVP it then has 120.30 medium AAMGs

Another example,

slot 771 shows 24 .30 Med AAMG as a weapons, if I go up to ship class and reinitiate the Daihatsu LCM (X48), it updates to 80 .30Med AAMG and 16 25mm Type 96.

el cid again -> RE: RHS Levels 5 and 6 mini updates x.667 uploaded (4/6/2007 8:00:55 PM)

Slot 771 is Axis Dhou and has 24 MMG. Nothing to do with Daihatsu landing craft.

Ship 9780 is indeed C Co but it has only 60 Landing craft. Not sure what you are reading?

el cid again -> RE: RHS Levels 5 and 6 x.669 and x.670 updates (4/7/2007 1:16:23 AM)

x.669 mainly deals with revising New Zealand and eratta. This is an outgrowth of "moving" NZ on the Level 7 map system. It also adds the ATG and ANG and a few minor things. There will be a new pwhex set to deal with this - and pw eratta.

x.670 will follow - revising most AK, AP, AO and related vessels to a new durability system - with its own thread. IF we can show a problem with column zero we will kill it with a new pwhex set - but so far it seems not to be a problem. We are not using column or row 150 - both of which do seem to work - but which we do not yet need. We are using column and row 149 without difficulties.

We will refreeze at that point.

drw61 -> RE: RHS Levels 5 and 6 mini updates x.667 uploaded (4/7/2007 4:12:33 AM)

quote:

Slot 771 is Axis Dhou and has 24 MMG. Nothing to do with Daihatsu landing craft.

Ship 9780 is indeed C Co but it has only 60 Landing craft. Not sure what you are reading?

Sorry for the confusion,

All of the above mentioned ships (Ships in slots 771 – 773, 777-779, 812 – 814, 9865 – 9873, 9877, and 9880 – 9882) have a difference between what their assigned weapons are and what their ship class says they should be.

As an example, 1co/11 ShpgTransRgt (Ship 771) weapons do not match its ship class (ship class 162 - Daihatsu LCM (X48))
And Coo/533rd EBS Rgt (ship 9870) weapons do not match its ship class (ship class 366 – LCVP (x60))

el cid again -> RE: RHS Levels 5 and 6 mini updates x.667 uploaded (4/7/2007 6:47:18 AM)

This isn't the case at source.

I am uploading a whole new set tonight - so try them.

el cid again -> RE: RHS Levels 6.669 comprehensive updates, pwhex set and utility uploaded (4/8/2007 12:48:59 AM)

All Level 6 files are uploaded. Cobra has already uploaded map art associated with this update (changing New Zealand).
There is a pwhex file set, a data file set and an economic utility. This changes New Zealand, corrects eratta, extends RHS naming conventions to units not covered, and addresses minor technical issues. EOS has a new cam file - just in case it helps.

This is NOT a frozen update. There will be a revised update with additional ship art. IF people have trouble with column zero in this form it will be eliminated as well.

el cid again -> RE: RHS Levels 5 & 6.669 comprehensive updates, pwhex set and utility uploaded (4/8/2007 1:11:41 AM)

Level 5.669 data file set comprehensive updates all uploaded.

el cid again -> RE: RHS Levels 5 & 6.669 comprehensive, 5 & 6 pwhex sets and utility uploaded (4/8/2007 6:43:12 AM)

RHS Level 5 pwhex file set uploaded.

This file set remains compatable with Andrew Brown's Extended Map design - and will remain so. It does not use Column 0 or 149, or row 149, nor are the Aden or Panama mini-maps reworked. This is suitable for backfitting to any game in progress using any Level 5 scenario.

el cid again -> RE: RHS Levels 5 & 6.670 change plan (4/9/2007 10:47:55 AM)

I am downgrading the RR on Formosa to road - to match map art - and to make the ferry system work consistently instead of differently depending on direction of movement.

I renames Skagway Alaska as Haines/Skagway - increase the port build potential - and decreased the airfield potential and level to zero.

I added Indonesian resistence units to both sides.

I reassigned the Viet Ming to Soviet control in Russian Active Scenarios (because they are communist and not under Chinese control. It is hard to overstate how little love was lost between Ho and the Chinese, but the only occasion on which it is recorded he said something nasty was when he said "I would rather eat 100 more years of French sh..t than another 1000 years of Chinese sh..t")

Level 6 will lose Column Zero. While I am unable to make it into a problem - I find it confuses some players to be unable to see TFs listed - and it may be there are other issues. It isn't critical - so we will revert to the original system.

There may be some additional developed areas on Java with undocumented lines of communications (as with most major population areas on the map).

el cid again -> RE: RHS Level 5.70 pwhex file set uploaded (4/9/2007 11:47:53 AM)

pwhex set 5.70 uploaded and frozen

this was a minimal change at Level 5 -

involving communications codes in semi-urban areas of Java and making codes match art on Formosa

But since a new 6.70 file set is about to release this means all files will be at the same numeric level when frozen.

6.70 will add to the above removal of column zero from user space.

Note that economic utility 6.70 was also uploaded - it only has one change (at Skagway - now Haines/Skagway) - but again that means everything will be at the same numeric level.

Data files will follow.

m10bob -> RE: RHS Level 5.70 pwhex file set uploaded (4/9/2007 12:35:39 PM)

Sid, the new artwork shows a new location north of Auckland.. Will it get a location "dot" for building?

el cid again -> RE: RHS Level 6 & 5.70 pwhex file sets uploaded (FROZEN) (4/9/2007 2:01:00 PM)

Level 6 files to the same standard as 5.70 are uploaded. This set features elimination of column zero. It is possible to use this with older games from 6.65 and previous level pwhex sets.

el cid again -> RE: RHS Level 5.70 pwhex file set uploaded (4/9/2007 2:01:34 PM)

It is an actual location if you have 6.69 or 5.69 data files. It is Whangarei, location of NZ's only oil refinery, northernmost significant airfield, a proper port in its own right (suitable for invasions), and the Northern end of the railroad network. See NZ thread for discussions.

We may add North Palmerston (near Wellington) inland - a city of about 30,000 - and an inland airfield which cannot be shelled by battleships - if we can figure out a slot for it. But otherwise NZ has all the locations it is going to get. You should see a new port in the West of South Island and the Twin Cities (Napier/Hastings) on Hawke Gulf of North Island as well.

el cid again -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/10/2007 7:12:49 AM)

Running 5.69 and 6.69 data files with 5.70 and 6.70 pwhex files, respectively, works fine. No issues identified.

5.70 and 6.70 data files will be next with minor revisions - and a new non-warship durability system implemented.

7.69 pwhex set made current - except for uncoded parts of Australia.

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/14/2007 9:48:54 AM)

quote:

Running 5.69 and 6.69 data files with 5.70 and 6.70 pwhex files, respectively, works fine. No issues identified.

5.70 and 6.70 data files will be next with minor revisions - and a new non-warship durability system implemented.

7.69 pwhex set made current - except for uncoded parts of Australia.

If it's stil possible for ?.70 have I a device suggestion: Amtracks.

el cid again -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/14/2007 2:40:26 PM)

I believe we have AMTRACKS - and they are not ours - but inherited.

Device 479 is AMTRACK 1
Device 480 is AMTRACK 4

in stock, CHS and RHS - same same

See location slots 3255 and 3256 for instances of AMTRACK battalions - the last to enter the game - I am sure there are others.

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/14/2007 5:17:56 PM)

quote:

Device 479 is AMTRACK 1
Device 480 is AMTRACK 4

See location slots 3255 and 3256 for instances of AMTRACK battalions - the last to enter the game - I am sure there are others.

these are the heavy armed support or amphibious tank versions.
I mean the LVTs who where used for assault landings, APC, supply etc. And where armed only with .50 or .30 MGs

m10bob -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/14/2007 6:19:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jo van der Pluym

quote:

Device 479 is AMTRACK 1
Device 480 is AMTRACK 4

these are the heavy armed support or amphibious tank versions.
I mean the LVTs who where used for assault landings, APC, supply etc. And where armed only with .50 or .30 MGs

Jo, these units may be represented very abstractly by the ability of assault units to disembark from APA's onto the shoreline in that quicker amphib mode?

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/14/2007 7:22:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

Jo, these units may be represented very abstractly by the ability of assault units to disembark from APA's onto the shoreline in that quicker amphib mode?

I think that you have right about this. But this only by a amphibious assault.
But there where also units who used the LVT (just as halftracks and brencarriers) in combat as APC/IFV, etc.

el cid again -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/15/2007 1:14:57 AM)

The armor penetration of LVT(4) = 9 mm

that means this is the .30 cal MMG armed version

The LVT(1) has a bigger gun because 65mm penetration. That corresponds to the penetration of a 37mm at point blank range.

We have no control over what happens in an amphibious assault. As a phib sailor originally, I wish we did. But it is all automatic. AMTRAKS are only in the game insofar as they matter as tanks - not as landing craft. They don't carry anything nor swim. Indeed, the only way to make an AA gun SP is to put in a regular one and add to it motorized support. Lots of limitations in this land model. Sorry.

m10bob -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/15/2007 5:44:34 AM)

quote:

The LVT(1) has a bigger gun because 65mm penetration. That corresponds to the penetration of a 37mm at point blank range.

We have no control over what happens in an amphibious assault. As a phib sailor originally, I wish we did. But it is all automatic. AMTRAKS are only in the game insofar as they matter as tanks - not as landing craft. They don't carry anything nor swim. Indeed, the only way to make an AA gun SP is to put in a regular one and add to it motorized support. Lots of limitations in this land model. Sorry.

Sid, I believe Jo means is there a way to include the vehicle in its' land ambulation model.(I had already mentioned the amphib function being represented in abstract form.
If indeed this is what Jo seeks, I believe that function is already filled by the M3 HT, (in that it is tracked, armed, and armoured.)

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/15/2007 10:12:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

quote:

Sid, I believe Jo means is there a way to include the vehicle in its' land ambulation model.(I had already mentioned the amphib function being represented in abstract form.
If indeed this is what Jo seeks, I believe that function is already filled by the M3 HT, (in that it is tracked, armed, and armoured.)

Yes. This does I seek. Only I asked for it because the M3 HT is more for the US Army, the commonwealth had also the brencarrier; the Dutch had the overvalwagen. And about fairnes must the Marines have the LVT.

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/15/2007 10:15:42 AM)

quote:

You mean I think here the LVT(A)1 who has the 37mm gun.
and the LVT(A)4, But I thought that this version had a short 75mm Howitzer.

el cid again -> RE: RHS x.70 update plan (4/17/2007 8:38:07 AM)

There are literally thousands of Allied auxiliaries - actually the classes alone probably run near a thousand -
and in the revised RHS system we have up to 60 vessels per naval unit (if small enough). It takes time to review this
much stuff - and I won't ever finish (probably).

Aside from rerating all merchants and auxiliaries, I have converted auxiliary MS and PC - and lots of other PC and MS - to two ship units. The big change is re tankers - much harder to sink now. SMALL AKs are easier to sink - but larger ones were also underrated (meaning the original system was not consistently applied). APs are pretty close to what they were - except we have added the giants. Aquitania and Isle de France added to all levels, The Queens added to Levels 6 and 7. Mauritania and Niew Amsterdam represent ships "off the map" for now (I have art problems with them anyway).

This should upload in the next day and be frozen at that level for a while - while I return to coding pwhex for Australia in Level 7. Those files will be reworked by Blitzk on his usual eratta hunt - except he has some technical ideas to improve efficiency and release slots as well. It will take time - but when he is done we will call it x.71

el cid again -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/17/2007 8:40:55 AM)

Jo - I was reading the game specs to you - not looking up the vehicles. They are this way in all WITP versions. I did look them up once and I think they were right - but they might not be. There is a whole family of these amphibious vehicles - still being used - and no doubt some variation had a 75mm. But it was not a major one.

Page: <<   < prev  37 38 [39] 40 41   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI