RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

el cid again -> RE: Level 5 and 6 Tests (4/17/2007 8:44:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jo van der Pluym

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

quote:

ORIGINAL: el cid again

The armor penetration of LVT(4) = 9 mm

that means this is the .30 cal MMG armed version

The LVT(1) has a bigger gun because 65mm penetration. That corresponds to the penetration of a 37mm at point blank range.

We have no control over what happens in an amphibious assault. As a phib sailor originally, I wish we did. But it is all automatic. AMTRAKS are only in the game insofar as they matter as tanks - not as landing craft. They don't carry anything nor swim. Indeed, the only way to make an AA gun SP is to put in a regular one and add to it motorized support. Lots of limitations in this land model. Sorry.

Sid, I believe Jo means is there a way to include the vehicle in its' land ambulation model.(I had already mentioned the amphib function being represented in abstract form.
If indeed this is what Jo seeks, I believe that function is already filled by the M3 HT, (in that it is tracked, armed, and armoured.)

Yes. This does I seek. Only I asked for it because the M3 HT is more for the US Army, the commonwealth had also the brencarrier; the Dutch had the overvalwagen. And about fairnes must the Marines have the LVT.

I think the Army also used the LVT in numbers. It is not comparable to a tank either. It is a very thin skinned vehicle.
It has a lot in common with Japanese amphibious tanks - although a completely different design concept. Very similar armor and weapons - for sound engineering reasons: too much weight does not float. In any case, there are more than a few LVT units in the game - and always were - Matrix put them in at the start. I may have added a few somewhere - but mostly they are as they were.

el cid again -> RE: RHS 6.70 uploaded (4/18/2007 6:49:47 AM)

RHS Level 6 updates 6.67 uploaded. Level 5 to follow in plus 5 hours. Details to follow. Frozen

el cid again -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.71 uploaded and frozen (4/18/2007 2:16:24 PM)

OK - Cobra did some work on art - and we now have Nieuw Amsterdam - as well as (EOS only) an airship tender version of USS Patoka (which really served in that role until the loss of the rigid airships). This permits EOS players to forward base blimps if they wish in EOS (with an appropriate house rule).

I also found a coastal tanker witn a bad art pointer - so it is fixed.

These changes make x.71 level.

x.70 level included updates to USAAF HQ. Names, dates, and composition was changed, and two added to RHS. Many appear sooner with dual names - representing changes over time. There is no 8th HQ - but 4th was added - handling US West Coast from day one. Also 20th Bomber Command was added - a peculiar organization similar to an Air Force.

It reworks the merchant/auxiliary ship durabilities. Easy to say - hard to do - so many ships. Auxiliary MS and all PC were reworked as two ship units (except a single French MS at Noumean). Some US LSTs added. A number of US, RAN, RIN and NEI minor vessels were added - MS and PC. One US PC class was reclassified as PG - they are really tugs and had no DC even though classified as PC! Five large Allied liners were added. Three Japanese liners were deleted because they are duplicated by CVEs!

There is revised Level 7 art and I will use it while working on Level 7 pwhex. Level 6 will go to Blitzk for technical reworking for efficiency and eratta. Level 5 will follow. This should take some time. We continue to achieve lower and lower execution times - not because we are freeing up slots of several kinds - there is less for the program to do. The free slots should help modders. In particular, the Japanese no longer have used all the ship slots - and the Allies are getting many more ship slots.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.71 uploaded and frozen (4/19/2007 9:11:20 PM)

Humm, I think I am lost now. So far only level 5 has been updated (and uploaded) => v. 5.671.

What about level 6? Will there be a 6.671 or 6.670 is already frozen?

Thanks in advance

CobraAus -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.71 uploaded and frozen (4/19/2007 10:24:23 PM)

quote:

What about level 6? Will there be a 6.671 or 6.670 is already frozen?

Sid released v6.670 as I was resending him a couple of missing ship art panels hense v5.671
came out including the the new art and fixed a couple errata - so yes the will be a v6.671
release - I have not received yet for sending out

Cobra

el cid again -> RE: RHS pwhex set 6.72 uploaded (4/20/2007 3:16:37 AM)

This set corrects one mismatched hexside pair near Celebes and much of the coast of Canada and Alaska (and interior hexes of Canada marked ocean hex sides).

Level 5 to follow.

Then I will install Level 7 art and continue pwhex developent.

el cid again -> RE: RHS pwhex set 6.72 & ships 6.73 micropudate (4/20/2007 4:45:16 AM)

Data washed ship class and ship files for Level 6 uploaded. Work by Blitzk. These replace 6.71 and 6.72 entirely.
Not critical but nice to have clean files.

Mifune -> RE: RHS pwhex set 6.72 & ships 6.73 micropudate (4/20/2007 5:38:41 AM)

Uploaded? I do not see them?

Bliztk -> RE: RHS pwhex set 6.72 & ships 6.73 micropudate (4/20/2007 9:03:06 AM)

I think that they were only for me [:'(]

Actually I think that we are "officially frozen" until the level 7 map is ready

el cid again -> RE: RHS pwhex set 6.72 & ships 6.73 micropudate (4/20/2007 10:38:58 AM)

The files were uploaded minus six hours.

While 6.70 is nominally frozen, and Blitzk is doing data washing while I am doing pwhex files,
as he reports eratta that might make things nicer for players I am issuing microupdates. These are not critical
and so far only involve ship and class files - each level simply replaces the ones before it. But for a new game it is nicer to have the cleanest available files.

I am about to deinstall Level 6 materials and go over to Level 7 integration again. Last time around we got everything done except Australia and New Zealand - pwhex wise - although Australia is not a trivial little thing.

el cid again -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/21/2007 6:45:21 AM)

Questions about programming a Japanese minelaying submarine class led me to do a series of tests on stock, CHS and RHS - and to conclude that among other things:

WITP in all forms has always misclassified what mines go on what IJN submarines - and possibly other ships as well.

In addition, some submarines probably could never lay mines at all due to an undocumented slot limitation/issue.

The bottom line: Type 88 mines were German WWI era mines ONLY laid by the stern tubes of I-21 to 24 (later 121 to 124); they would not fit in regular torpedo tubes and all submarines showing otherwise (and any surface ship showing otherwise) is wrong;

Type 93 mines were made in many forms and some of these fit in sub torpedo tubes. All subs except the KRS type should have them - and KRS itself can have them for its Torpedo tubes.

Type 3 and 4 mines are air laid. Unless Japanese planes can lay mines, they have no possible application (= free slots).
It is not clear even if 4E bombers lay Japanese mines - and if so - that they use either of these mines? [Hard code may assume all air laid mines are Allied - probably does since there are no Japanese 4E bombers in stock.]

This update of ships and classes fixes some eratta - but mainly most Japanese submarines with respect to mines. Two french frigates were made so they will work properly as Allied ships. [The class was defined but not pointed at - instead the same Vichy class was pointed at] Some RN and USN ships get updated weapons suites and/or different dates/points of appearance in different levels.

Mifune -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/21/2007 7:15:44 AM)

Thank you once again Cid. This probably explains some anomalies.

el cid again -> RE: RHS 5.72 pwhex set; RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (4/21/2007 12:40:28 PM)

RHS Level 5.72 pwhex file set issued to bring Level 5 up to Level 6.72 standard.

This file revision is minor and may safely be applied to any game in level 5.

Remember, Level 5 RHS = Andrew Brown's Extended Map system. The difference is things like ferries and river systems. Since CHS doesn't have most RHS river ports, AI won't try to use them as ports either.

tanjman -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/21/2007 2:57:03 PM)

quote:

Questions about programming a Japanese minelaying submarine class led me to do a series of tests on stock, CHS and RHS - and to conclude that among other things:

WITP in all forms has always misclassified what mines go on what IJN submarines - and possibly other ships as well.

In addition, some submarines probably could never lay mines at all due to an undocumented slot limitation/issue.

The bottom line: Type 88 mines were German WWI era mines ONLY laid by the stern tubes of I-21 to 24 (later 121 to 124); they would not fit in regular torpedo tubes and all submarines showing otherwise (and any surface ship showing otherwise) is wrong;

Type 93 mines were made in many forms and some of these fit in sub torpedo tubes. All subs except the KRS type should have them - and KRS itself can have them for its Torpedo tubes.

Type 3 and 4 mines are air laid. Unless Japanese planes can lay mines, they have no possible application (= free slots).
It is not clear even if 4E bombers lay Japanese mines - and if so - that they use either of these mines? [Hard code may assume all air laid mines are Allied - probably does since there are no Japanese 4E bombers in stock.]

This update of ships and classes fixes some eratta - but mainly most Japanese submarines with respect to mines. Two french frigates were made so they will work properly as Allied ships. [The class was defined but not pointed at - instead the same Vichy class was pointed at] Some RN and USN ships get updated weapons suites and/or different dates/points of appearance in different levels.

cid,

According to Mike Wood:

Device Slot 0122 - is hard coded for the Japanese Mine capable of being laid by aircraft
Device Slot 0130 - is hard coded for the Allied Mine capable of being laid by aircraft

el cid again -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/21/2007 9:52:59 PM)

OK - then Slot 119 is available for a new device. It is an air laid mine NOT in slot 122.

Do we know what mines start at ports? If we can determine that, we can use the slot for the controlled mine - which also has an influence sensor. We could move the Type 93 to slot 119 if need be - and add a new mine type - an important one (the only Japanese mine with acoustic detection). Or we can add it anyway - but let it be laid by layers - it was of course - just with control cables. Maybe in EOS?

Jo van der Pluym -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/23/2007 10:39:01 AM)

Sorry for asking.

What is the E.T.A. for 5.74 and 6.74 for downloading?

el cid again -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/23/2007 1:40:48 PM)

Been uploaded - but Cobra does not see them.

I think we need to do a .75 update. I have changed devices and more ships related to mines. Been testing - and waiting for more test evaluations to do that.

m10bob -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/23/2007 2:21:58 PM)

Will there be any future, planned changes to the geography of NZ or Australia for RHS 6.XX??

el cid again -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/23/2007 7:41:52 PM)

None are planned. We are doing Level 7. This is a significant change to Australia - a reduction in scale by 20% -
making it less area distorted - and making tactical aircraft more useful among other things. The reason was a need for more sea space to the S and W.

Why should a change be contemplated? Aside from adding many locations, and some communications (both only in RHS as far as I know), nothing has been changed for a long time. We did add two exterior river systems as well.

m10bob -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/24/2007 1:09:46 AM)

quote:

None are planned. We are doing Level 7. This is a significant change to Australia - a reduction in scale by 20% -
making it less area distorted - and making tactical aircraft more useful among other things. The reason was a need for more sea space to the S and W.

Why should a change be contemplated? Aside from adding many locations, and some communications (both only in RHS as far as I know), nothing has been changed for a long time. We did add two exterior river systems as well.

No, Sid..I had read your posts a month ago ref the resizing of the land down under and was not clear of this would apply to ver 6.xx or not..

Next question: Will you be implementing any of the C 47 unit info I gave you?..

CobraAus -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/24/2007 2:02:23 AM)

the is a bit of a E-mail transmission problem at the moment which we are trying to sort out
I for one is not getting the updates Sid is sending out - the last one was the V5.671
so bear with us - it will get sorted

Cobra Aus

el cid again -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.75 comprehensive updates plan (4/24/2007 3:14:57 AM)

Some kind of communications size limit has prevented distribution since about x.671 level.

I am going to do a comprehensive - although it is not a big deal - it includes device changes (for mines)
- location changes (for logistics at a very few points but Prince Rupert is "moving") - class and ship changes

This set will require new ship art and new pwhex files - which will be numbered the same to avoid confusion.
The pwhex is to deal with Prince Rupert (at least for Level 6) and the ship art to add some Vichy ships (which
are defined at all levels - and some of which are present at all levels) and Free French ships which have no art
(and point at things like CVEs). The Japanese (and Vichy) mine problems are also addressed at this level - Japanese minelayers and submarines will work as they should.

One LCU had no support - and is fixed. Probably other eratta of that sort in this package.

When Cobra finishes the ship art I will upload. Likely in hours.

New device Type 92 mine - placed in a slot such that it should be the default port mine. Fitted for laying by slow minelayers - for port defense. This mine is controlled and has acoustic sensors - and cannot be laid by subs or fast minelayers. Type 93 mine moved, placed such it will be the normal mine for fast minelayers and subs. Type 88 mine reduced only to the one class that had it. Type 3 renamed 3/4/5 - warhead redefined to 40 kg (88 pounds) -
this is the air laid mine and it is date set to 7/43 (pending data when in 1943 it became operational - Type 3 = 1943 in Japanese nomenclature - and it virtually always is not early in the year).

el cid again -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/24/2007 3:20:22 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: m10bob

quote:

No, Sid..I had read your posts a month ago ref the resizing of the land down under and was not clear of this would apply to ver 6.xx or not..

Next question: Will you be implementing any of the C 47 unit info I gave you?..

Resizing is for Level 7.

C-47 data - looks like it is already present in most cases. I did change a few units. But RHS C-47 units mainly appear forward already. Nevertheless, I did not check all units. If I get tired pwhexing I will check more.

m10bob -> RE: RHS 5 & 6.74 microupdate (mine warfare/ships) (4/24/2007 3:58:49 AM)

Thank you..My only contribution is research, so if any obscure things are needed,etc........

el cid again -> RE: RHS 6.75 comprehensive update issued (4/25/2007 12:35:15 AM)

In addition to what is described above, some additional ship eratta worked in.

This update requires new ship art and a new pwhex set.

el cid again -> RE: RHS 6.75 comprehensive update & pwhex issued (4/25/2007 1:08:25 AM)

Pwhex set changes some ALCAN highway hexes

and moves Prince Rupert to the coast -

new map art recommended but not required

safe to backfit except if ships are at Prince Rupert - which will become land with this pwhex set

el cid again -> RE: RHS 5.75 (4/25/2007 1:09:08 AM)

This set is done and will upload in due course.

It does not require new pwhex files or map art.

el cid again -> RE: RHS x.75 and x.76 updates (4/25/2007 6:57:24 AM)

Issuing an emergency 6.76 microupdate - location files only - to go on top of 6.75 comprehensive

because Perth is in its level 7 location - in the middle of the desert - in Level 6!

Issuing 5.75 comprehensive as is -

this differs from 6.75 in that Prince Rupert has not moved and the ALCAN is not changed -
no art or pwhex files required (except ship art)

however - Cobra insists Level 5 and 6 are identical - and sent me his version 5 art -
and if I determine that Prince Rupert must move to the coast - I will issue a 5.76 to do that
- in which case 6.76 and 5.76 will once again be identical

Except for the Perth issue testing indicates 6.75 is a good job - and I am returning to Level 7
pwhex work

el cid again -> RE: RHS x.77 updates plan/release (and semi-freezing) (4/25/2007 7:28:10 PM)

I am uploading pwhex set 5.77 now.

This will be followed by 5.77 data files.

Cobra will also do a 5.77 map update (for Alaska/Canada), bringing Level 5 in sync with 6 and 7 re Prince Rupert and
the ALCAN highway (and coastal glaciers).

x.77 file sets also contained wholly data washed ship and class files (courtesy of Blitzk). Add to that Russian Passive Scenarios (CVO and RPO) will have Soviet subs inactive for most of the war. [Seems that if the computer controls Russia, it thinks Russian subs are USN. Since I won't play Russian passive scenarios - don't believe they make any geostrategic sense - and they exist only as a courtesy for players who want Matrix/CHS like versions of RHS - this is an extension of that concept to address a problem that plagues those particular scenarios - because code was written in an era when there were no Soviet subs.] It may be the rest of USN minesweepers will convert to 2 ship units.

6.77 pwhex (differing only in a couple of glacier hex sides) and data files (same as above) will follow.

These files will all be semi-frozen. But Blitzk will data wash the location files for eratta - and technical stuff for efficiency of execution (we find turn execution time drops as we improve the way files are structured). When he is finished - I will do a x.78 - and incorporate anything I found working on Level 7 meanwhile which should backfit.

el cid again -> RE: RHS 6.77 updates released (and semi-freezing) (4/25/2007 9:49:50 PM)

pwhex set 5.677 uploaded

data sets 5.677 uploaded

notice sent to Cobra to bring Level 5 map art up to Level 6 standard (i.e. confirming his view Level 5 and 6 should be the same art/pwhex) - and panel 003 will release in due course

Page: <<   < prev  38 39 [40] 41 42   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI