RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

dtravel -> RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! (10/11/2006 9:14:18 PM)

Let me add my thanks in here too.  Despite all my harping and bitching, I do appreciate all the hard work being done to fix problems.  Thank you.

Nikademus -> RE: Flash: War In The Pacific Updated! (10/11/2006 9:32:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

Let me add my thanks in here too.  Despite all my harping and bitching, I do appreciate all the hard work being done to fix problems.  Thank you.

Whoa! come again? [;)]

SamCole -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/11/2006 9:41:31 PM)

This was in answer to why no one commented on item #69 posted by Dan Bowen.

Well, I printed the notes that came with the patch and it only goes up to item #63. That could be a problem with the response to ones higher than 63.

Sonny -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/11/2006 10:27:50 PM)

Many many thanks guys for all the hard work.

The thing I like best about all this ->

"We will have some more announcements soon."

We looking at WitP 2 here?

Terminus -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/11/2006 10:28:41 PM)

Hopefully not...

Titanwarrior89 -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/12/2006 1:13:27 AM)

Thanks guys. Still playing this baby strong. Thanks for the continued support.[:)]

ckk -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/12/2006 5:55:18 AM)

ok I'll bite why not?

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/12/2006 1:10:32 PM)

The minelayer adjustment to get them to work in the base hex works fine now. Really cuts down on the manual labour.[&o]

m10bob -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/12/2006 1:39:09 PM)

(deleted, this was meant as a reply to an earlier post)[8|]

Sonny -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/12/2006 5:52:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Terminus

Hopefully not...

You don't have to buy it![:'(]

(Assuming of course there is a WitP 2.)

Grotius -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/12/2006 6:23:09 PM)

Thanks for this, gents! Looks great. I haven't seen any reports of sync bugs since the patch; keeping my fingers crossed...

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/12/2006 6:26:02 PM)

I can't believe how fast the turn processing goes now, even in late war scenarios. What a fix! Thanks again.[&o]

bradfordkay -> RE: 1.8.0.2 Notes (10/12/2006 7:15:58 PM)

Thank you Joe, Don, Michael, Nik and MAtrix for continuing to improve this game. How many other companies would continue to put out free patches for a game that was released 27 months ago?

There's a reason I keep coming back to WITP and you guys are a big part of it (as well as AB and the CHS crowd!).

Grotius -> RE: 1.8.0.2 Notes (10/12/2006 7:20:32 PM)

Ron, I agree, turn processing is zippier now! In fact, what happened to "training ship crews," the phase that always seemed to take me a minute to wade through? The end-of-turn stuff flies by now.

Ron Saueracker -> RE: 1.8.0.2 Notes (10/12/2006 7:35:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Ron, I agree, turn processing is zippier now! In fact, what happened to "training ship crews," the phase that always seemed to take me a minute to wade through? The end-of-turn stuff flies by now.

Now all I need is an unemployed house martin opponent with no other PBEM games going to take advantage of the faster paced game processing. My only opponent Bill pumps out the turns at an amazing rate but he has 13 PBEMs going and I have 2, both against him. I end up watching the pot boil alot. [:D] Might finish a full campaign in a few months against someone with as much free game time as I have at the moment. A dozen or so turns a day is not unrealistic.

dpstafford -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/13/2006 11:03:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ron Saueracker
I can't believe how fast the turn processing goes now, even in late war scenarios. What a fix! Thanks again.[&o]

Yes, noticeably faster turn processing. BUT! Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that loading files, both turn and replay is now taking 2 or 3 times as long??

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/13/2006 11:13:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dpstafford

quote:

Yes, noticeably faster turn processing. BUT! Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that loading files, both turn and replay is now taking 2 or 3 times as long??

I've noticed this very thing, and I've also noticed that saving a turn easily takes 2-3 times as long. Bizarre. Six or a half dozen I guess![:D]

goodboyladdie -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/14/2006 9:42:35 AM)

Many thanks Terminus.

I was only able to get this patch because of you. I'd imagine many others have found the same. Why are UK based players having trouble with the Matrix link timing out? Very frustrating!

michaelm75au -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/14/2006 12:44:27 PM)

What is taking the time on loading is all the double checking of links to planes/leaders/fragments/etc to help correct any broken links which might end up with a unit/leader going missing.

These are corrective steps taken to ensure that older games can still keep going. And to safeguard against any other unexpected breakages.

quote:

quote:

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/14/2006 1:57:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

What is taking the time on loading is all the double checking of links to planes/leaders/fragments/etc to help correct any broken links which might end up with a unit/leader going missing.

These are corrective steps taken to ensure that older games can still keep going. And to safeguard against any other unexpected breakages

quote:

quote:

Well, if this is not a fully justified and readily agreeable reason I don't know what is. [:D][&o]

rockmedic109 -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/14/2006 1:59:04 PM)

Great Job!!!  Mine operations are much easier now.  I love the ops reports also getting unit arrivals/upgrades and the like.  I haven't noticed a major increase in turn speed, but I do have a much faster computer than I originally had.

I haven't noticed any delay in loading, but saving does seem to take longer, but it is well worth it.

Sonny -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/14/2006 3:44:14 PM)

Yep saving takes a bit longer but the rest of it goes quickly. Once the extra Divide Cripple TF phase is out of there it will be nice.

Grotius -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/14/2006 6:16:15 PM)

Saving does take a bit longer, but on the other hand I don't seem to have to wait 10 seconds after saving any more. I used to wait to ensure that I wouldn't crash after saving too quickly. Now, once I see the game-saved message, it seems safe to return to the game immediately. So if the save-crash bug has been fixed, that's another benefit of this new arrangement. For me, the save routine is actually a bit quicker now, heh.

pad152 -> RE: Hints on using #48 combined with #67 (10/15/2006 1:36:10 AM)

Thanks

I really like the fact that I can now click on the Op Report button and get the info that scrolled off the screen!

Captain Cruft -> Thanks (10/15/2006 4:28:38 AM)

Good stuff, and thank you.

Now if I could just find that CD with the darned game on [;)]

Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI