RE: ETA on the Patch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Mike13z50 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 5:22:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

I believe it will be in the Members section, so anyone who is a member can get at it.

Whew! Glad I asked otherwise when it did come out I'd be wondering where it was.

thanks
mike

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 5:46:03 AM)

quote:

I believe there were actually some historical exceptions, with generals jumping more than one "rank" in the two week timeframe of a FOF turn. Ultimately also, there was nothing actually preventing it - Lincoln promoted generals several times over many others who were higher in seniority.

The key new change is that demoting a general gives a resignation chance and that promoting a general with random stats on can slightly re-randomize the stats, reflecting the difference in ability at different rank levels.

Look at Custer, he went from what was it, Captain to Bde. General. And yes, I have books on Custer and his Wolverine Bde. but am too lazy to look in them, and of course do not remember everything.

Chris

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 5:49:30 AM)

quote:

I installed FoF on my new compooter system with SATA 2 and the 4GB of DDR2 667MHz, and the HW's move quickly, even with the smoke. I just got got my 36BG 16MB Cache Raptor today, and it is a Raptor, says so right on the HD label. It is new OEM in an unopened bag, so I don't think the fellow that sold it on Ebay actually knew what it was as I got it cheap at under $60. That's a new model Raptor with the 16MB Buffer Cache manufacured on 11DEC06. I hope it has not been dropped and works OK.

I will install FoF on this new Raptor and hold on to my hat and seat, as sometimes the HQ can migrate between both locations, the Headquarters and Hindquarters; verily a common occurrence amongst Human Beings etc. it seems.

Chris

Yes Chris!!! My, your's, our Raptor works. Noisy though.[:D][:)]

Chris[>:][>:][>:]

Curious -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 8:38:42 AM)

Lmao!!! This whole mega-thread must be getting really boring (at least to you) -- you're answering your own post about your own Raptor hd. Too much. I luv it.

CB

p.s. I have a Raptor too. It works fine and it's not noisy at all.

p.p.s. Don't stop now.

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 10:08:14 AM)

quote:

Lmao!!! This whole mega-thread must be getting really boring (at least to you) -- you're answering your own post about your own Raptor hd. Too much. I luv it.

CB

p.s. I have a Raptor too. It works fine and it's not noisy at all.

p.p.s. Don't stop now.

It gets more interesting. The Raptor was noisy but now only a little bit, very wierd. I know it is new, and if it was dropped it wouldn't work because I dropped a HD before and it didn't work after the drop incident, so i rule out a drop incident for my new Raptor.

I was going to get a 74GB Raptor, but most of the used ones were old models with 8MB Buffers, and the new 16MB Buffered ones cost too much $$$, so I was lucky to find this new 36GB Raptor for cheap $$.cents.

What's this thread originally about anyway?? OK, I'll check. Oh, subject is ETA on the Upgrade/Patch #2.

Well, it will get here and no doubt be good, but I am changing weapons descriptions, costs, upkeeps, and ranges and damage, but that will take me some time. However, it will make the weapons and their effects more realistic. Believe me.

Well, I have to go let the neighborhood THE CAT in, as it is mewling on the front porch, and I intend watching a little documentary with that Ronald Director fellow that directed the films 'Gettysburg' and 'Gods and Generals', and also will hopefully get the third movie in the series, 'Last Full Measure', made soon, so I can't have a mewling THE CAT around when watching the Antietam documentary. If I let IT in I feed IT and IT then is quiet.

It be's that way sometimes I guess.

Have a good night/day or afternoon or whatever time it is there where you are at now or then or whenever,

Chris [>:][>:][>:]

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 1:41:37 PM)

Chris,

I'm curious.  How does one get 722 posts in three months? 

Alan

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 2:49:41 PM)

quote:

Chris,

I'm curious. How does one get 722 posts in three months?

Alan

Like this. You should read the very good informative ones I post, you migt learn something.

Cheers, Chris

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 2:54:15 PM)

Go here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1408755

Chris

Curious -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 4:24:51 PM)

Very impressive. You're obviously quite a student of the ACW. Have you read all of the books that you listed in that thread? I used to read books on the ACW, but that was a long time ago. Now I'm just along for the ride. The ride got a lot more interesting with the release of FoF. And the pending patch/update should make it even more enjoyable.

Give my regards to THE CAT.

CB

Jeff Norton -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 4:28:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo

Chris,

Alan

No life, or, he REALLY likes this forum area... Took me quite a bit to get the 1800 posts I have.

-Jeff

Curious -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 4:28:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo

Chris,

I'm curious.  How does one get 722 posts in three months? 

Alan

Just keep cranking 'em out and don't slack off.

CB

Drex -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 4:55:19 PM)

I see you are an old SPWAW player Jeff. Good to see the veterans interested in FoF.

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/14/2007 8:33:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: christof139

quote:

Chris,

Alan

Like this. You should read the very good informative ones I post, you migt learn something.

Cheers, Chris

It's hard to believe that you are actually serious.

(Sorry-- this will be my last post on this issue-- but I find your intellect to be dull and your head to be inflated.)

Is there a block-poster option? I can't take this any more!

Alan

Sonny II -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/15/2007 1:39:25 AM)

See that little green dot at the lower left of each post? Click it ona post of whomever you wish to block.

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/15/2007 4:36:31 AM)

quote:

It's hard to believe that you are actually serious.

(Sorry-- this will be my last post on this issue-- but I find your intellect to be dull and your head to be inflated.)

Is there a block-poster option? I can't take this any more!

Alan

Well, have it your way. I bet my intellect is superior to yours and that I know much more about the ACW than you will ever know. Plus, your 'intellect' is very dull, non-existant probably.

Chris

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/15/2007 4:47:32 AM)

Ok, let's not go down this road again... Alan, no need to get personal. Chris, no need to return it. Thanks.

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/15/2007 5:11:31 AM)

quote:

Very impressive. You're obviously quite a student of the ACW. Have you read all of the books that you listed in that thread? I used to read books on the ACW, but that was a long time ago. Now I'm just along for the ride. The ride got a lot more interesting with the release of FoF. And the pending patch/update should make it even more enjoyable.

Give my regards to THE CAT. CB

Yes, read most and perused the others. Now am with Bragg in the AoT for awhile. THE CAT says 'Hello.' to you, too. So does Bragg. [;)]

Chris

Jeff Norton -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/15/2007 3:46:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drex

I see you are an old SPWAW player Jeff. Good to see the veterans interested in FoF.

I dabble in quite a few games. Still like SPWAW, but my interests seem to wander at times.

As is time to play, it gets better after Mya, when I grad from college. It will be nice to have REAL free time.

Vorticonthe1st -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/16/2007 8:34:31 PM)

Not to brow-beat you with the same question that's been asked over and over by many people here.........well, I guess I am really [;)], ..... and I am doing other things, my life is not revolving around getting this patch,......but this thread started on February 2nd, and it's now March 16th, can you tell us how close you're getting to release?

LarryP -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/16/2007 8:45:50 PM)

Drum roll........

Jeff Norton -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/16/2007 9:01:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mick

Not to brow-beat you with the same question that's been asked over and over by many people here.........well, I guess I am really [;)], ..... and I am doing other things, my life is not revolving around getting this patch,......but this thread started on February 2nd, and it's now March 16th, can you tell us how close you're getting to release?

Another 1d3 gets added to the date....

Honestly, I have no clue. To be perfectly honest, I'm waiting too.

I wish I had some pull to get that info, but, my Wonder-Twins powers are pretty febble these days...

I guess its like they've been telling us for a while - soon.

What 'soon' is, is up to the receptor....

General Quarters -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/16/2007 10:58:43 PM)

I read that little kids think "soon" means a long time from now. This is because, every time mommie says to a bored child, "we'll be going soon," the kid is in for a long wait.

Johnus -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/16/2007 11:43:57 PM)

This thread may have started February 2. The patch, however, has been "upcoming" since December 14, 2006. That's over 90 days to you and me Russ.

LarryP -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/17/2007 12:46:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

This thread may have started February 2. The patch, however, has been "upcoming" since December 14, 2006. That's over 90 days to you and me Russ.

Over 90 days for me too! [;)]

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/17/2007 12:53:11 AM)

I've just received a message by courier, which indicates that the Update Corps is marching by the fastest route to converge on this location as early as tonight and no later than tomorrow (weather permitting). Prepare yourselves for battle!

Mike13z50 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/17/2007 12:59:07 AM)

We need to get Patton's chaplan to pray for good weather.

mike1962 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/17/2007 1:07:12 AM)

I sure hope they are not marching through the NE USA, bad weather here now, but perfect time for the update. tnx for the news Erik.

Dasara II -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/17/2007 1:26:30 AM)

I hope that they have 'scouts' and 'signal corps' attached, I would hate them to get lost or low on morale.

Page: <<   < prev  6 7 8 9 [10]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI