RE: ETA on the Patch (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Curious -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 7:55:31 AM)

Quote:  "So is the "patch" done yet????"

Only in the sense that it's not quite done yet.  Every time someone asks if the patch is done it pushes out the release by a random amount of time.

CB

Gideon Stargrave -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 8:01:06 AM)

quote:

So is the "patch" done yet????[8|]

Let's put it this way: they're in negotiations with 3D Realms to bundle it with Duke Nukem Forever, and it will include a coupon redeemable for a free copy of "Chinese Democracy".

Tophat1815 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 9:42:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ryan Jackson

quote:

So is the "patch" done yet????[8|]

Let's put it this way: they're in negotiations with 3D Realms to bundle it with Duke Nukem Forever, and it will include a coupon redeemable for a free copy of "Chinese Democracy".

Is that a yes?[8D]

Curious -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 10:35:25 AM)

Only in the sense that it will be done when it's done.

CB

Hard Sarge -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 11:28:02 AM)

we have gotten a number of updates over the last couple of days, it is looking much better

the AI is getting to be a royal pain, and putting some good pressure on me

Greyhunterlp -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 12:15:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hard Sarge

we have gotten a number of updates over the last couple of days, it is looking much better

the AI is getting to be a royal pain, and putting some good pressure on me

AKA as the rest of you are in trouble, followed my manic laughter....

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 12:46:17 PM)

quote:

Sure,sure simply poke fun at my impairment! So is the "patch" done yet????

What impairment?? I wear eyeglasses, bifocals, luckily not trifocals. I have hobbled around more or less for 36 years, been operated on etc. At times, I can hardly walk. What impairment do you have?? Does it have anything to do with understanding the English language?? [&:]

Obviously the patch isn't out yet or you would see a new patch thread. It would be announced in a bright and shiney manner, with salutes and what nots. Hail!!! Hail!!! The new patch is released!!! Ding dong the bugs are fixed, the bugs are fixed. Ding dong the wicked bugs are gone!!!

Same for every game. A bug-bug here, a bug-bug there, here a bug, there a bug, every where a bug-bug. Old MacProgram had a bug, eee-i-eee-i-ohhhh.

I just don't know anymore. [&:]

Chris

ratters72 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 12:58:08 PM)

Chris mate,

I do not know what it is you are on, however, I suggest you reduce the dosage.

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 1:01:51 PM)

quote:

Chris mate,

I do not know what it is you are on, however, I suggest you reduce the dosage.

Well mate, I'm not on anything except a chair at the moment. One of those revolving chairs, similar to those revolving doors we all have run-ins with. [X(][X(]

Do you take dosages?? [8|]

Chris

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 1:52:02 PM)

For extra help with the vision and reading, here is a link:

http://mageyes.com/  [X(][X(][X(]

Have something similar myself.

Chris (Hilarious isn't it?? Yep, it is indeed.) [8|][>:][>:][>:]

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 3:24:10 PM)

Yes, asking "is the patch ready yet?" will delay the update by 1d3 days per question, without a doubt. The only way to reverse that effect is to buy more copies of Forge of Freedom. Every 100 copies purchased accelerates the update by 1d4 days, so as you can see there's an easy way to get the update sooner rather than later. Let's all be constructive, shall we? [:D]

In all seriousness, this update (I hesitate to call it just a "patch" as it is WAY beyond that) is looking very good right now and I would not be surprised if we go for a limited public beta next week, then release. This is not a schedule though, it's an educated guess.

Regards,

- Erik

Hard Sarge -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 4:49:21 PM)

Errrr

just remember, each change or correctiong has a chance of needed a new change or correction added, so as each area gets closer to be done, it can also need to have more work done on it (ahh the joys of programming)

but overall, am very happy with what we got so far, and if the next set of corrections do not need correcting, we should be looking pretty

Tophat1815 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 6:19:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: christof139

quote:

Sure,sure simply poke fun at my impairment! So is the "patch" done yet????

What impairment?? I wear eyeglasses, bifocals, luckily not trifocals. I have hobbled around more or less for 36 years, been operated on etc. At times, I can hardly walk. What impairment do you have?? Does it have anything to do with understanding the English language?? [&:]

Obviously the patch isn't out yet or you would see a new patch thread. It would be announced in a bright and shiney manner, with salutes and what nots. Hail!!! Hail!!! The new patch is released!!! Ding dong the bugs are fixed, the bugs are fixed. Ding dong the wicked bugs are gone!!!

Same for every game. A bug-bug here, a bug-bug there, here a bug, there a bug, every where a bug-bug. Old MacProgram had a bug, eee-i-eee-i-ohhhh.

I just don't know anymore. [&:]

Chris

Is the concept of sarcastic humor unknown to you?[;)]

Tophat1815 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 6:20:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Yes, asking "is the patch ready yet?" will delay the update by 1d3 days per question, without a doubt. The only way to reverse that effect is to buy more copies of Forge of Freedom. Every 100 copies purchased accelerates the update by 1d4 days, so as you can see there's an easy way to get the update sooner rather than later. Let's all be constructive, shall we? [:D]

In all seriousness, this update (I hesitate to call it just a "patch" as it is WAY beyond that) is looking very good right now and I would not be surprised if we go for a limited public beta next week, then release. This is not a schedule though, it's an educated guess.

Regards,

- Erik

I'm just treading water and failing to be comic relief..........[:'(]

Maulet -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 9:00:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Regards,

- Erik

Please, remember tcp/ip demands!! [:D][:D][:D]

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/3/2007 9:07:06 PM)

quote:

Is the concept of sarcastic humor unknown to you?

Yeah, I caught it. Tis why I replied like a half-baked noodle fluffer-nutter etc.

Plus, it can be fun to gripe and act a bit.[8|]

Faux idignation is the trick of the great comedians, along with both faux and real confusion.

Chris [>:][>:][>:]

Johnus -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/6/2007 1:48:04 AM)

Since the patch team is unwilling to predict a release date, I will do so. The patch will be available for download this Wednesday, March 7 at 5:00 p.m. EST (so you all can play again Wednesday evening)

Requests for additional improvements to be included in the patch will result in the requestor's computer being blacklisted and unable to access the download.

Even inquiries as to whether pet improvements are already included in the patch will be treated with the contempt they deserve.

Someone had to take charge.

Gil R. -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/6/2007 1:54:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

Requests for additional improvements to be included in the patch will result in the requestor's computer being blacklisted and unable to access the download.

I LOVE this idea...

But seriously: when public beta begins I'll be making it crystal clear that any ideas for additional features will have to go in the Wish List, since we will only be looking for input regarding what is already in the patch. Just a few more glitches to go and I think we'll have a patch ready for public testing.

desertstorm -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/6/2007 12:45:31 PM)

I have a name for the new coming Patch, we can call it the "McClellan-Patch"[:D]

ratters72 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/6/2007 1:31:18 PM)

HA HA, and we are all Lincolns.

Erik Rutins -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/6/2007 3:13:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: desertstorm
I have a name for the new coming Patch, we can call it the "McClellan-Patch"[:D]

I prefer to think of it as the "Rosecrans Update" or even better the "Thomas Release". It may be slow getting here, but it will be a success once it arrives!

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/6/2007 3:35:35 PM)

Call it the Fat Cat Halleck Anaconda Full Upgrade Patch. [X(][8|]

Chris [>:][>:][>:]

Gil R. -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/6/2007 6:56:56 PM)

quote:

I have a name for the new coming Patch, we can call it the "McClellan-Patch"[:D]

One of the funnier comments I've seen on this forum.

Feltan -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/7/2007 1:22:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

quote:

I have a name for the new coming Patch, we can call it the "McClellan-Patch"[:D]

One of the funnier comments I've seen on this forum.

I agree! Brilliant I say, brilliant!

Regards,
Feltan

Johnus -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/8/2007 2:06:01 AM)

Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch (background sound of tin cup run along prison bars)

Johnus -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/8/2007 2:07:31 AM)

christof139:

Nice avatar.

christof139 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/8/2007 2:15:16 AM)

quote:

Nice avatar.

Thanx. I keep changing them for fun. Have to see if I have the Man-Orc/Uruk-Hai face i made for a War of the Ring MeTWI mod. I used a bald guy's photo I found on the inet and added phony fangs and red-yellow eyes and splotched the skin with grays and darker pinks. Looks real bogus but I like it, and it drove people nuts, so it was OK. Actually the Man-Orc/Uruk-Hai were phony men anyway, so what the heck.

Chris

Curious -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/8/2007 6:00:28 AM)

Johnny,

Just so you'll know -- your "Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch Patch" just delayed the release of the patch/update/enhancement by 1d3 days. In order to reverse the effect you have to purchase x amount of additional copies of FoF. It's known as "Rutins's Rule". I'm sure you understand. It applies to everyone.

CB

Johnus -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/8/2007 6:54:24 AM)

Sorry.

What does "1d3" stand for anyway ?

Mike13z50 -> RE: ETA on the Patch (3/8/2007 7:35:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Johnnie

Sorry.

What does "1d3" stand for anyway ?

1 die 3, that is you roll one three sided dice and whatever the result that is how many days the patch will be delayed.

I once heard a coin toss refered to as 1d2. [:D]

Rollplayer humor.

Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI