Release of Next Beta (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865

Johnus -> Release of Next Beta (4/14/2007 6:34:34 PM)

Any idea when the next version of the beta will be released ??

ericbabe -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/14/2007 7:37:59 PM)

I've been getting new builds to the private beta testers once or twice a week.  We're basically waiting till all of the obvious must-fix issues are sorted out before we'll release a new public beta; right now there are only two, maybe three, AI issues we're trying to hammer out before we release the next public beta.

cesteman -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/15/2007 12:07:29 AM)

Cool. Thanks for the info!
Christian

Dasara II -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/27/2007 3:07:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe

I've been getting new builds to the private beta testers once or twice a week. We're basically waiting till all of the obvious must-fix issues are sorted out before we'll release a new public beta; right now there are only two, maybe three, AI issues we're trying to hammer out before we release the next public beta.

I know that in other posts you have been giving updates that the next beta is not far away and that a virus has put any public beta version 2 back by a week.

But...is there any feeling/information that the next public beta is close to being released [&o]

Gil R. -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/28/2007 2:40:03 AM)

Very soon, a matter of days. I'll admit that currently I'm the ogre arguing for a few more changes, based on a seven-hour play-testing session last night that saw me still awake at 7:00 a.m.

I was so enthralled by trying to dislodge the Union from Virginia that I didn't even need to make coffee. Just look at what those Yankee bastards did to me! All because after winning a battle in Shenandoah I forgot to move back to Fredericksburg, which the Union quickly took and fortified over the winter.

[image]local://upfiles/16018/800E263CC79642EF939CFA7DBA7D333C.jpg[/image]

ChuckK -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/28/2007 3:34:51 AM)

Lol, Gil.

The bloody Dogs!

(Though I'd hate to be Jackson explaining that foul-up to Jefferson Davis!)

Alan_Bernardo -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/28/2007 6:04:58 AM)

Excuse me for asking or putting this in the wrong place, but is there any chance of getting a zoom (in and out) feature? 

Alan

Dasara II -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/28/2007 6:28:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alan_Bernardo

Excuse me for asking or putting this in the wrong place, but is there any chance of getting a zoom (in and out) feature?

Alan

I think that the "overview" button that takes you to the strategic map that then allows you to show "military groups" would represent a zoom out feature.

But if your referring to the standard map, then I agree that a zoom out to show twice as much of the map but still include all the details on the map, would be a great addition.

cesteman -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/28/2007 10:05:05 AM)

Can't wait for the nex patch.
Christian

jkBluesman -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/28/2007 10:31:08 AM)

Well, I guess you have to try to win in the West then.

Ironclad -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/28/2007 1:43:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dasara II

quote:

Alan

I think that the "overview" button that takes you to the strategic map that then allows you to show "military groups" would represent a zoom out feature.

But if your referring to the standard map, then I agree that a zoom out to show twice as much of the map but still include all the details on the map, would be a great addition.

Its not a zoom but if you press Delete the map covers the full screen which strangely enough does give an impression of increased scale (even though there is no change just more of the map is revealed).

Johnus -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/28/2007 10:23:00 PM)

Yes, that's what we need at this point, new features. How about a three-way split screen on which you can play FOF on one screen, AACW on the other and a third screen featuring a joint internet complaint forum on which you can post complaints about the delay between FOF betas, the delay between turns while the AACW AI calculates, and an off-topic complaint section, in case I missed anything.

When you think about it, a zoom, unzoom button would be nice.

cesteman -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/28/2007 10:57:50 PM)

Hmmm... I can't tell if your serious or making a joke Johnnie. I would say it's all about the big dollar and budgets play a big part in everything.
Christian

Kung Karl -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/29/2007 8:46:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dasara II

quote:

Alan

I agree, it is too zoomed in right now when we have o option to zoom out. I would love a zoom to be included in the patch.

pixelpusher -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/30/2007 8:55:38 AM)

quote:

FYI: A little bird told me that a zoom in and out feature will probably be in our next Game title. (ie not Forge, but the game after Forge)

Will zoom to even ratios: 100%, 50%, 25%, 12.5% etc...

Sonny II -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/30/2007 3:45:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pixelpusher

quote:

FYI: A little bird told me that a zoom in and out feature will probably be in our next Game title. (ie not Forge, but the game after Forge)

Will zoom to even ratios: 100%, 50%, 25%, 12.5% etc...

What a tease you are!

MarcusCSA -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/30/2007 9:14:23 PM)

Please release the patch when everybody is 100% happy with it..... that means we will be 100% happy with it, and that is why we buy your games!

Drex -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/30/2007 9:44:55 PM)

the public will never be 100% satisfied with any patch but I will settle for the development teams satisfaction level.

Gil R. -> RE: Release of Next Beta (4/30/2007 11:06:01 PM)

We'll release the second public beta patch when those of us on the inside are happy with it. Just when it looked ready a few days ago, I played a game in which the AI behaved in an unacceptable manner, so I want us to test it just a bit longer to make sure that was a fluke. Everything else appears to be ready for you guys to take a second shot at it. As I've already mentioned, this second round of public testing shouldn't be nearly as long, since we're essentially making sure that the game does work as intended, and it's good to do this with many more people playing.

I don't think we could ever get 100% of you to be 100% pleased with the game, but if the overwhelming majority have no problems and like the way the game is working, that will be good enough for us. (After all, any further improvements can always be made in future patches.)

cesteman -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/1/2007 1:13:34 PM)

Just courious, who's doing the testing?
Christian

Greyhunterlp -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/1/2007 8:39:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: cesteman

Christian

Hardsarge - They have him locked in the basement, they throw him some food and a new build every day or so.

Gray_Lensman -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/1/2007 8:53:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter

quote:

Christian

Hardsarge - They have him locked in the basement, they throw him some food and a new build every day or so.

HardSarge = Smeagol, Gollum... New Builds = "Precious"

No wonder we only hear rumors of new builds... [:D]

Johnus -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/1/2007 11:38:08 PM)

It took a long time to issue the first beta. It is taking a long time to issue the second beta. Do I detect a pattern here ??

Don't misunderstand me; this is not a complaint. The last time I complained I was scolded.

I am just anxious to get the next beta.

Gil R. -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/2/2007 12:15:24 AM)

Really, it should be any day now. The delay was mainly caused by strategic AI screwiness. Remember how some of you experienced the ANV suddenly heading west and leaving Richmond exposed? Eric had to persuade the AI not to do that by making it understand just how important the capital is, but that made EVERY Confederate or Union army want to head east to be where the capitals are, so Eric had to scold the AI and tell it to cut that out. It's a delicate balancing act that I can't begin to understand, and these things take time, especially since each time Eric adjusted the AI we'd all have to spend a few days testing it. Lots of other things have been fixed or improved as well, based on feedback. At this point, I know of one glitch in detailed battle that I think Eric was fixing this afternoon, and there's something irksome happening in PBEM. I'm not really aware of other issues, so we're definitely close.

Johnus -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/2/2007 12:22:03 AM)

Gil R:

Thanks for the update.

Drex -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/2/2007 1:12:02 AM)

that's okay, just get it right.

cesteman -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/2/2007 1:50:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grey Hunter

quote:

Christian

LOL Grey, poor guy!
Christian

Reiryc -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/2/2007 3:47:01 AM)

Ugh, between this and aacw my days just aren't long enough.  Add in cog and boa and my weeks just don't have enough days to accomodate all the playing I need to do.  [8D]

Gil R. -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/2/2007 3:58:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Reiryc

Ugh, between this and aacw my days just aren't long enough. Add in cog and boa and my weeks just don't have enough days to accomodate all the playing I need to do. [8D]

Well, you can always mod the game so that it sucks, and that way you won't want to play it. Make every gun kill 100% of the enemy, or set mints to produce 1000 money each turn. That should do the trick.

cesteman -> RE: Release of Next Beta (5/2/2007 8:38:47 AM)

You guys are too much[:-]
Christian

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI