RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports

cantona2 -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 8:26:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gen.Hoepner

The game goes on. I had to decide between the game and the aar...wasn't really a choice because without the game the aar would not go on anyway...so...that's all.

Thanks Jonathan and Jim. Really appreciate.

But hey, i won't go away eh!? I'm always here and so without the aar i'll have more time to partecipate to your AARs...so there's something good even in the bad[:)]

why do you stop the AAR if the game goes on? Have I missed something? [&:]

My guess is Troll related issues!!!

anarchyintheuk -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 8:44:54 PM)

That sucks. This was one of those 'check everyday' aars.

aztez -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 8:52:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gen.Hoepner

The game goes on. I had to decide between the game and the aar...wasn't really a choice because without the game the aar would not go on anyway...so...that's all.

Thanks Jonathan and Jim. Really appreciate.

But hey, i won't go away eh!? I'm always here and so without the aar i'll have more time to partecipate to your AARs...so there's something good even in the bad[:)]

Hmm. Wtf? What kind of bs is this from Trollelite?

Has his gamey ego been hurt too much because you have pretty much honestly reported what has been going on?

Just can not understand his atttitude towards the game! [&:][:@]

Sorry for the rant but is he really worth to play againts? If he makes you choose whether you are doing an closed AAR or not? Seems to me that he has been lurking here otherwise it would not make any diffrence whether you keep updating this AAR or not?

Pretty obvious to me... good luck with him. I bet he will bail out sooner than later.

Oh, and thanks for this great AAR.

modrow -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 9:45:43 PM)

GH, first of all thanks for the effort you put into this AAR - it was a great read and a proof of what a gentleman you are as an opponent.

As to Aztez's rant, specifically

quote:

Just can not understand his atttitude towards the game! [&:][:@]

In some thread (this one ?) Nemo analyzed his strategy and came up with the result that his strategic approach is sound.

Looks like this is true here as well. He has found a way to get back at us, who kept complaining and ranting in this AAR about his style of play. He shuts us off... and there's nothing we can really do against it...

It is a pity.

Hartwig

cantona2 -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 10:06:01 PM)

Guys

No matter what we feel about the prat, Nico (GH) has always asked us to refrain from dissing Troll in here. Whatever the reason for the ending of the AAR, and im sure we all have a theory, lets respect Nico's wishes and find a new AAR to read and follow. It will be interesting if Troll's game with Nemo goes ahead and if that AAR goes ahead as well

Fishbed -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 10:25:30 PM)

Yeah Cantona but we need something like an explanation of what is happening. Hoppy, you won't get me signing the divorce papers so easily, I want to know why this story can't go on!

Then I would have to haunt Cantona's AAR, and you can bet he doesn't want that to happen [:D]

cantona2 -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 10:26:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fishbed

Yeah Cantona but we need something like an explanation of what is happening. Hoppy, you won't get me signing the divorce papers so easily, I want to know why this story can't go on!

Then I would have to haunt Cantona's AAR, and you can bet he doesn't want that to happen [:D]

More the merrier fishbed [:D]

Mistmatz -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 11:04:03 PM)

A pity that this AAR will not be continued GH. As others mentioned it was a 'must read' right from the start. So thank you for the time and the effort you put into this for so many weeks. I hope your game will continue to be as thrilling and fun to play as it was to read your AAR.

And of course nobody would mind an update or a few words how it is going every once in a while. [;)]

Nomad -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 11:17:41 PM)

Sad, so sad. [:'(][sm=00000506.gif]

Coach Z -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 11:27:09 PM)

Adding one voice to the chorus, I too will be disappointed not to read the detyails of your game with Trollelite. I was disapponited when he discontinued his AAR, and now I may fall in to a deep depression without yours.

mdiehl -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/21/2008 11:36:07 PM)

I do not believe that "No AARs" was a house rule on which GHop agreed at the beginning. If the termination of this AAR comes at TE's request, GHop should negotiate it in return for the cancellation of certain house rules.

If this does come at TE's request, it'd be interesting to know why. Surely he has nothing to complain about regarding this AAR, since TE has agreed not to read the content of this AAR.

Andav -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 12:25:01 AM)

Howdy GH,

I will echo the others in my disappointment that this AAR is not continuing. I am a lurker for the most part on these forums. This was one of a about 4 AARs which I considered must read as well. Good luck in the game. I don't know if you can give quarterly updates or such. Maybe drop in and let us know if Karachi fell or something.

Anyway, best of luck!

Andav

Grollub -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 1:15:33 AM)

As a longtime lurker in this forum, I have to chime in with the others;

1/ This is the one AAR that was a 'must read' every day of the week.
2/ GH, I admire your sense of fair play in the face of adversity.

Good luck with your continuing game, I hope you trounce him soundly!

Roger Neilson II -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 1:45:18 AM)

What a great shame.

I do feel we are owed an explanation from whoever (and I have my suspicions) has caused this to end.

It looks to me like GH was given an ultimatum and a 'gagging order'. Assumption, unless otherwise clarified by fact is that only a moderator (unlikely) or GH's opponent could have the firepower to do this.

In that case the assumption must be that either someone has been telling GH's opponent a selective smattering of the AAR - or that GH's opponent has been looking and didn't like what he saw.

Whatever the explanation I think we are all owed a comment - and not from GH as he's obviously in a very difficult situation.

Of course we could just ask GH to continue writing the AAR but not actually publish it until the war is over?

Hmmmmm

I'm annoyed.

So I will be watching any other AARs involving this gentleman to see if they are also discontinued.

Roger

Yava -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 1:48:48 AM)

Yes, the loss of this thread is a blow for the community!

I must admit, I posted here once, maybe twice, but the amount of information was astonishing, coming from many top commanders over here.

GH[&o]

Zebedee -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 1:49:47 AM)

Sorry to hear that this aar has been closed down. Thank you for so much entertainment and the time taken to make it :)

PzB74 -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 2:15:52 AM)

Sorry to hear this... [:(]

A WitP game must be both give and take, so you don't go and take to much now General! [;)]

Wirraway_Ace -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 2:18:24 AM)

From a Lurker:

This AAR was a great learning experience for me along with being highly entertaining. Thanks for your time GH! Very, very sad to see this end...

Bearcat2 -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 2:22:26 AM)

Every day I checked to see the latest post about the "war". I have learned more from this thread than any other I have seen. It was great in the beginning to have both yours and Trollelite's AAR, it was interesting and I was disappointed that Trollelite decided against continuing his, since I was learning and enjoying both.
I would like to thank you for your time spent providing us with your posts. I suffered a severe injury and was unable to do anything other than watch TV and use the computer for 4 months; your posts helped alleviate the situation and I am especially grateful for that. THANK YOU

Feinder -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 4:06:17 AM)

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

-F-

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 4:17:37 AM)

Guys...what can i say...i am moved.

Really. All these supporting comments make me drop a tear...

I've enjoyed so much making this aar. I've enjoyed your company and appreciated first your support, and then your suggestions, always balanced and wise.
Thanks. Thanks a lot. from the deep of my heart.

I'm sorry, i'm deeply sorry to stop. Believe me.

I don't want to comment despite Roger is right...i should own you an explanation....but i think those of you who followed this war know already without anything that is needed to be said.

This AAR has been like a baby for me. Something to be fed every day...a Must in my daily routine...

I'll miss you all.

Still thanks.

And i promise: i'll try to win this war also for you.

Nemo121 -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 4:21:37 AM)

This is disappointing albeit not surprising. As to how it may have come about... Well I know that a friend of Troll's read my AAR and gave him a twisted version of what I had written insinuating that I was inciting people into a "crusade" against Troll. I responded by clarifying what I had and hadn't said ( including explaining that, yeah, I had questioned his sportsmanship when emails weren't replied to but that I stood by this as replying to emails was simple politeness which should be extended to all opponents --- jagdfluger and I exchange several emails everyday filling eachother in on when turns can be expected etc ) and, to be fair to Troll, he accepted my explanation and didn't bitch at all about the things I HAD said ( once I had explained that the things he felt were unfair were things I hadn't actually said).

GH have you tried explaining things so as to clear up any misappreciation?

Gen.Hoepner -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 4:30:26 AM)

Nemo, i've explained everything many times in these months.
I really think i do not need to explain anything now.
I've always tried to be as fair and as correct as i could.
More than that i cannot do.
I've never launched any crusade. I've always tried to calm down the spirits, even if somewhen i didn't agree with the game-style.
I've been forced to choose. I had to choose.
I didn't have any real choice indeed.

However,nobody has died. The aar has stopped. That's a pity...i know, you know...but anyway it's just a game. So let's that the good thing (we all had fun in these months writing and reading it)...and that's all.

2ndACR -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 4:35:51 AM)

What a crock. Sorry to see this AAR die, but I think I would have told him to shove it up his butt before I ended it. I will never accept a game from him. And will so advise everyone who ever asks. I have respect for you GH, but Troll has earned my total contempt. I say wait until AE is out and then drop him like a hot potato.

Gem35 -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 4:56:46 AM)

Having never played a pbem, I really don't have the right to say anything but I don't care, if your opponent has forced you to end this AAR, then why still play against him?

Nemo121 -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 4:58:06 AM)

GH, I hope you haven't picked me up wrong. I amn't saying that you ever did those things.

whippleofd -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 5:54:42 AM)

GH:

It's a shame you have to end this AAR, I have immensly enjoyed it and it has become one of my "Must-Read" threads. I have learned ALOT about PBEM and different tactics and strategies that I am gong to try this summer when I have the time to start playing PBEM.

I do understand your reason for discontinueing the AAR (and respect your wishes about not commenting on your opponent) as you have put massive effort into the game you are engaged in and there is no reason to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" as my mom used to say.

You will have no problems finding opponents for the rest of your WiTP/AE playing time due to your good attitude, honesty and tenacity. Not to mention your AAR writing style and openess to ideas.

Whipple

Gem35 -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 6:03:31 AM)

Sure, being a sportsman with high sportsmanship is always admired, but the heck with that, a guy punches you in the face, be a man for crying out loud.[8|]

KDiggity -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 10:10:26 AM)

Another lurker who enjoyed this AAR and is sad to see it ended.

I don't even have WITP, but checked this thread daily as GH's sportsmanship and honorable nature drew me to definitely purchase the game in the foreseeable future.

I know it's selfish, but I'd rather read a new AAR of yours vs some other opponent, than no AAR while you continue this PBEM [;)]

Best of luck, we're all pulling for you. And again, I think you've been a total gentleman throughout this thread, even when I know it must've been difficult!

Jim D Burns -> RE: The AAR is closed. Thanks to everybody! (3/22/2008 10:44:48 AM)

Well my vote is for continuing the AAR and publishing it after the game ends. I know it won’t be as fun without the community input and your writers morale may ultimately fail you, but I personally would like to read a play by play of this game after it is over. Perhaps just weekly updates would be sufficient.

So many people have invested so much to this AAR, I’m sure many would agree with me and would love to see a finished AAR some day.

As to why Troll did this, my guess is it's due to immaturity and a fragile ego pure and simple. He probably expected everyone to faun all over him and tell him how great of a player he was after all his gamey tactics allowed him to *rush* G.H.’s holdings in India.

But when that didn’t happen and everyone gravitated to his opponent it crushed his fragile ego and he probably can't deal with the amount of interest in G.H.'s side of the game anymore. From what I can tell, Troll is that kind of a gamer where winning is everything no matter what.

I don’t even think he understands the concept of enjoying the journey no matter who wins. To him he probably thinks those of us who play the game simply to enjoy the game are nuts.

Jim

Page: <<   < prev  53 54 [55] 56 57   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI